I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one goes to St. Thomas. I really want to go to CC. It looks so awesome.

Will a Disney cruise through Disney count as travel on the CSR? Dh’s travel credit should reset on Thursday hopefully
I used my new CP on my upcoming cruise and it counted as travel. Easy MSR spend.

Targeted Schwab Plat Offer:
A user on r/churning received a targeted email from Schwab today offering 100k MR to open the Schwab Platinum card with a $5k MSR. They then found a link to the offer that seems to be publicly available. This is for people who are already a Schwab Client.

You can Access the offer here:
I logged into my wife's Schwab account and saw this message: We're Sorry. The promotion is either no longer available or you are not eligible for this offer.

So YMMV but if you're a current Schwab customer and eligible for this offer, it's a pretty sweet deal!

I got the same message. A little relieved, actually, lol. It would take me to 5/24 for the next year. So I probably wouldn't do it anyways, but would be sorely tempted!

I have very little money in the accounts (only use it for overseas ATMs), so not surprised I wasn't targeted.

For library users, I just discovered I can borrow up to 10 movies a month to stream through hoopla which is an app. I have always gotten dvds but when I searched a movie to put on hold it gave me the streaming option. I have until Thursday to watch it but it'll be my after lunch movie cause I'm back at the temp job doing data entry.

I have finally gathered enough Disney GC's for our trip in Nov. Do they ever go on sale directly from Disney or should I just buy them now?
I feel like I'm missing something here... Does "what" go on sale? :lmao:

I used my new CP on my upcoming cruise and it counted as travel. Easy MSR spend.
What's a CP?
probably Companion Pass... Specifically SW...
@Haley R This one has me confused too - I took this to mean CP related to a Disney Cruise somehow? Is there some other CP we're missing here as well?? I'm guessing NOT Southwest as it doesn't make sense in the context...

Yes, way too many thems!!! Edited it. Curious if tickets ever go on sale directly from Disney. Park Hoppers specifically...
I have only really seen promotions for tickets/hoppers offered to DVC members or AP holders for their guests. Not just a special ticket promo for the general public. With all these new types like after 12 and MNSSHP passes things could change. Booking seems to be soft for the fall prior to SWGE full opening.

:( I'm not eligible for Amex Schwab offer. We have a sizable account at Schwab, but I have a AMEX business plat already so that might be why. (And a rewards gold). :(

I got the email offer but DH didn't and we are joint owners of our account. I have the Biz Plat and Biz Gold, he has the vanilla Plat. We both have the personal Gold. Seems pretty random targeting! :(

Do some people on r/churning even have a brain??

Stupid Comment on AMEX reimbursement...

(In case it gets deleted)
Alternate...method to use SW airline credit on Amex plat or gold. Book a ticket for a flight that hopefully gets cancelled and buy early bird check in. Wait for the flight to get cancelled and the early bird fee to get refunded a merchant credit. Voila you now have a $25 statement credit per cancelled flight.

EDIT: Apparently they're saying it was a joke, but the way it was worded it sounded like advice. People should be clearer about their intended tone to not mislead an unsuspecting newbie.

Last edited:
$1100 R/T SMF-OGG does seem high, like high season high. (Is that per person, or total for 2 people?)

Is it just for 2 passengers?

What time of year are you planning to travel?

Are you flexible with mid-week dates?

SW is now an option.

Are you under- or over- 5/24?

My initial gut feeling is to not recommend the HawaiianMiles card.

I'll chime in with more thoughts if you can provide more info.
Yes it is for 2 passengers.
March 2020
yes we are flexible
yes we are both under 5/24
Thank you!

I got the email offer but DH didn't and we are joint owners of our account. I have the Biz Plat and Biz Gold, he has the vanilla Plat. We both have the personal Gold. Seems pretty random targeting! :(
Ugh. That is random. I'll check DH to see if he's eligible. We are joint owners on one of our accounts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter