• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone remind me what I need to do to activate Priority Pass when you PC into a CSR? It already shows as activated. I know someone had this issue, @afan I think?

It’s official!!! My dd heard back from DCP and she will be at BOG :jumping1: This is like a dream placement for my girl!

My only concern is since it’s only QS for breakfast and lunch, she will have all early shifts. That’s gonna be a bit of a challenge for a bit but I guess she will adjust.

party:Really nice to be done working by the middle of the day. What an awesome assignment!!!

DH got approved for the Amex Delta Plat yesterday, no popup! He was already at 5 credit cards with Amex, so he called in and told them which one to cancel. I'm very proud of him. :) I had been holding off finishing the spend on his Amex Hilton Biz just in case it made a difference. I have no idea if that affected things and helped him avoid the popup, but now I'll go ahead and finish the last $100 on that card. He got the popup several times on that card, then the last time got approved without a popup, so I'm curious to see whether he gets the bonus or not.

OT on the subject of old Disney movies - my parents visited over Thanksgiving and my father convinced DD6 to watch The Absent-Minded Professor with him. I never knew this, but apparently it was his favorite movie as a kid. It was the first black and white movie DD6 had ever watched, and she was shocked when she discovered there was no color. She sat through the whole thing, but I don't think she liked it very much, lol. I need to broaden her horizons more - I love old movies.

Spent a lot of time playing with the DVC site this morning. Got another night for next November of my standard view at BWV. I'm getting each night a day or two later and I hope that continues for the rest of this week. No stress anymore as you can see the nights are already gone for the current day before 8am. I didn't think that was possible and have never seen it before. But if enough people have things locked in, that's what is going to happen. I don't see this happening anywhere else except possibly AKV concierge rooms - only 5 studios and 5 one bedrooms there. But so far I'm getting what I want eventually and I have 8 nights booked so I'm not hurting. Now, it is just adjustments to get exactly the 'right' nights at the end of my trip. Strangely BCV is intact - all rooms are available.

I also adjusted my January trip. I'm now in a Boardwalk view studio for all my nights, and I leave there and spend 2 nights at Disney's Hilton Head on the way home. It's 39 days to go and I'm still trying to add an extra night at Riviera just to try it out. Have a waitlist in place for that but I'm not expecting to get it or anything on that night - January 11, 2020. Would probably book a night at most resorts if one popped up. But I think there's one of those marathons that weekend? Maybe? I don't keep track. Anyway, this worked out from maybe 5 resorts and I got my nights by stalking - I did waitlists but they didn't happen, except for the one night in February that came before I left on my November trip.

And in February - blew that into a trip starting Feb 10-21 - 11 nights, mostly at BWV.

OT on the subject of old Disney movies - my parents visited over Thanksgiving and my father convinced DD6 to watch The Absent-Minded Professor with him. I never knew this, but apparently it was his favorite movie as a kid. It was the first black and white movie DD6 had ever watched, and she was shocked when she discovered there was no color. She sat through the whole thing, but I don't think she liked it very much, lol. I need to broaden her horizons more - I love old movies.
I LOVE that movie! And The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

And here's another hotel night saga....Older DD got 2-3 of those 7 night certificates when the Marriott changeover happened or before, maybe. She was after the miles to begin with and made great use of those. She'll be heading to Cambodia for a wedding in January, using some of those miles.

Anyway, 'we' have attempted to use this certificate a couple of ways, but it hasn't worked out, yet. We started out with New Orleans - she had an accident, then we moved to Hilton Head. I booked Disney instead. She was going to use it then for a few nights over Xmas with hubby somewhere. Probably not going to happen. She could use it in Cambodia but doesn't want to because her words 'the rates are so cheap there'. I said 'use it'!!!! I was about ready to burn that cert anyway possible so I don't have to hear about it anymore. Editing to add: a week -7 days in a cat 4 hotel doesn't appeal to either of us, so not likely to do more than 4 -5 nights if that.

Anyway, she called Marriott and they extended the thing again!! This was the old 5 converted to the new 4, for those that understand this stuff - it had already been extended once when it was converted. This is the last conversion, supposedly and she says 'summer in Hilton Head'. Maybe.
Tagging @disneymagicgirl just in case you still have yours. I told her she should have waited until closer to expiry in March or April but she didn't so now it's good until Dec 2020.

And, the girl has 2 of the 60K certificates, plus 2 of the 50K. And some 35's. She's kept her Ritz card, but then she uses that airline credit which makes a difference - I couldn't make it work out since I don't need the airline credit. @SouthFayetteFan - I think I've sold her on the Bethany hotel for a couple nights - I also have a 50K. Can't beat that cents per point value. My question - is the pool with the retractable roof a year round pool?

And here's another hotel night saga....Older DD got 2-3 of those 7 night certificates when the Marriott changeover happened or before, maybe. She was after the miles to begin with and made great use of those. She'll be heading to Cambodia for a wedding in January, using some of those miles.

Anyway, 'we' have attempted to use this certificate a couple of ways, but it hasn't worked out, yet. We started out with New Orleans - she had an accident, then we moved to Hilton Head. I booked Disney instead. She was going to use it then for a few nights over Xmas with hubby somewhere. Probably not going to happen. She could use it in Cambodia but doesn't want to because her words 'the rates are so cheap there'. I said 'use it'!!!! I was about ready to burn that cert anyway possible so I don't have to hear about it anymore. Editing to add: a week -7 days in a cat 4 hotel doesn't appeal to either of us, so not likely to do more than 4 -5 nights if that.

Anyway, she called Marriott and they extended the thing again!! This was the old 5 converted to the new 4, for those that understand this stuff - it had already been extended once when it was converted. This is the last conversion, supposedly and she says 'summer in Hilton Head'. Maybe.
Tagging @disneymagicgirl just in case you still have yours. I told her she should have waited until closer to expiry in March or April but she didn't so now it's good until Dec 2020.

And, the girl has 2 of the 60K certificates, plus 2 of the 50K. And some 35's. She's kept her Ritz card, but then she uses that airline credit which makes a difference - I couldn't make it work out since I don't need the airline credit. @SouthFayetteFan - I think I've sold her on the Bethany hotel for a couple nights - I also have a 50K. Can't beat that cents per point value. My question - is the pool with the retractable roof a year round pool?
I am pretty sure it is. (The pool.)

I am pretty sure it is. (The pool.)

Thanks! I was thinking a couple of nights in May when it's warmer but water is still cold. We were in Ocean City this year in May and the weather was cool and the indoor pool was not warm enough for any of us. But, meanwhile she says Hilton Head in May. We are going in March already for the school break and I'm there a couple of nights in January. So May seems too soon for Hilton Head again.

Okay, funny story - I just finished telling you that daughter is flying to Cambodia in January. That would be the same January that I'm going to Disney. Apparently I also agreed to do some babysitting during this time, and when I started booking my January trip, I completely forgot about daughter's plans and didn't connect that these 2 trips overlap. Actually my trip is in the middle as daughter is gone for 2 weeks.

So, now the girls are going with me, as of 5 minutes ago. Told daughter to buy oldest her ticket. Youngest won't be three until after the trip. Thankfully I now have the same resort for all my nights in Florida! Forget Riviera - I'm not changing rooms with 2 grands! But that said, I'm used to traveling with them.

Okay, funny story - I just finished telling you that daughter is flying to Cambodia in January. That would be the same January that I'm going to Disney. Apparently I also agreed to do some babysitting during this time, and when I started booking my January trip, I completely forgot about daughter's plans and didn't connect that these 2 trips overlap. Actually my trip is in the middle as daughter is gone for 2 weeks.

So, now the girls are going with me, as of 5 minutes ago. Told daughter to buy oldest her ticket. Youngest won't be three until after the trip. Thankfully I now have the same resort for all my nights in Florida! Forget Riviera - I'm not changing rooms with 2 grands! But that said, I'm used to traveling with them.
I would call that a happy accident!

How fun!

We had this exact same experience with the Snow White ride. The witch appears about 5 seconds into the ride, and 4 yo put his head down and refused to look up for the rest of the ride.

We took our 2.5 year old on the Snow White ride many years ago. She cried the whole time and my DH felt like she was pulling the skin off his arms since she had such a tight grip on him. We get off the ride and she asked to go on it again!

We took our 2.5 year old on the Snow White ride many years ago. She cried the whole time and my DH felt like she was pulling the skin off his arms since she had such a tight grip on him. We get off the ride and she asked to go on it again!
This was my DS on Space Mountain a few weeks ago at Disneyland. Screamed the whole time (not the good roller coaster screaming), then said it was his favorite ride and wanted to go again. I think we rode it 10 times in 5 days!

Anyone know the Chase Travel phone #? It’s time to pay off my March cruise and see my UR balance drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter