I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone planning any travel this year? I cancelled our Nov cruise and have pretty much accepted no travel until 2021.
Dh threw out yesterday that he wants to go to universal. I didn’t cancel my time off work in November so it would be easy to plan a trip. I have enough URs to cover the hotel and maybe car rental. I should have almost enough SW points to cover the flights if the Sunday return flight cost goes down.

I just don’t know. I’ve shifted my plans to planning a big Hawaii trip in 2022 and those URs could cover one of the $1200 plane tickets.
Will my kids wear mask all day? They do ok with short outings and I wear a mask all day at the hospital so I think we should be ok.
Will the 14 day quarantine from CT to Fl still be in place?

I was pretty excited when he mentioned it yesterday but not so sure now. Maybe I just don’t want to excited about another trip only to have to cancel.

I wasn't going to, but am feeling severely burned out from work, and was reading some pros/cons to going to Disney this summer. I decided to take advantage of JetBlue's generous change/cancel policy to book before 6/30 so I booked for Labor Day weekend on TrueBlue points, paid the taxes/EMS out of my travel bank credits and am waiting for Disney to open up new reservations again. It literally cost me nothing and I figure in the worst scenario, I get everything refunded and stay home. I've been wearing masks all day at work and on public transit here for weeks at this point and they really don't bother me except for fogging my glasses (none of the tricks I've heard work). I have to get my yearly eye exam pretty soon anyway so I'll look into contacts.

It felt good just to have a flight booked again tbh.

I wasn't going to, but am feeling severely burned out from work, and was reading some pros/cons to going to Disney this summer. I decided to take advantage of JetBlue's generous change/cancel policy to book before 6/30 so I booked for Labor Day weekend on TrueBlue points, paid the taxes/EMS out of my travel bank credits and am waiting for Disney to open up new reservations again. It literally cost me nothing and I figure in the worst scenario, I get everything refunded and stay home. I've been wearing masks all day at work and on public transit here for weeks at this point and they really don't bother me except for fogging my glasses (none of the tricks I've heard work). I have to get my yearly eye exam pretty soon anyway so I'll look into contacts.

It felt good just to have a flight booked again tbh.
I understand. I booked flights down for November on SW points for me and my DH is my CP so he is free. I am still doubtful but also hopeful that we might go. At least hopeful enough to book the flights and I can cancel my resort reservation until 30 days before without penalty from dvc. I would be really annoyed with myself if I cancelled now (as my DH thinks we should) only to find out a couple months from now things felt fine for us to go.

We are still planning on end-of-August Disney. I suppose I should start looking into some masks since DH doesn't like the ones I sewed for him (he's using the paper-y tie-on kind for work) because they are "too hard to breathe in." Anyone from a wamer/more humid place than northern Michigan have a mask they really like? Bonus points for Disney prints....

I understand. I booked flights down for November on SW points for me and my DH is my CP so he is free. I am still doubtful but also hopeful that we might go. At least hopeful enough to book the flights and I can cancel my resort reservation until 30 days before without penalty from dvc. I would be really annoyed with myself if I cancelled now (as my DH thinks we should) only to find out a couple months from now things felt fine for us to go.

I don't have a resort reservation but if Disney doesn't open bookings back up in time for me to snag anything, I'm planning on looking at the Swolphin. At this point I'm more worried about not being able to fly down there due to this stupid nonsense quarantine despite NY's current numbers and trends but I have to figure sense will prevail by early September.

they're stopping 5 miles of vehicles to hand out a flyer? whattttt I didn't know this was happening

We experienced this two weeks ago driving back to Orlando from visiting my parents in Virginia. We went through in the middle of the day and it wasn't bad. Was a pretty continuously moving line. The trucks are sent on past the stop (it's actually a weigh station they have converted to a check point) so it's only cars going in. All they did was ask us where we were traveling from and when we said Virginia they just had the driver put their hand out the window with a thumbs up and we drove on out and back onto 95. I did see there were tents set up on the other side of the stop. Not sure if they test you or what. My co-workers mom came from NY right after the checkpoint thing started and she said they just asked where she was going to and let her keep going 🤷‍♀️

We experienced this two weeks ago driving back to Orlando from visiting my parents in Virginia. We went through in the middle of the day and it wasn't bad. Was a pretty continuously moving line. The trucks are sent on past the stop (it's actually a weigh station they have converted to a check point) so it's only cars going in. All they did was ask us where we were traveling from and when we said Virginia they just had the driver put their hand out the window with a thumbs up and we drove on out and back onto 95. I did see there were tents set up on the other side of the stop. Not sure if they test you or what. My co-workers mom came from NY right after the checkpoint thing started and she said they just asked where she was going to and let her keep going 🤷‍♀️
My parents are driving down next weekend to see the baby for the first time. Hopefully they have a similar experience to yours and it doesn’t take too long.

FYI - Marriott is running a promotion where, among other things, all their properties worldwide will have off-peak pricing for bookings made between June 15 and June 30, 2020, for stays through July 31, 2020.

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-bonvoy-updates/
@Judique - I think you summer at some Marriotts?

Might be worth a look if you’re planning to travel this summer and have points or FNCs to redeem.

Thanks @Lain. I do have a Marriott reservation booked end of June and would love to cancel and rebook and get some points back.

Problem is the weekend is already gone as far as points rooms go. So, I'm considering changing hotels to try and fix this. Nights are available all summer, just my weekend is full already.

FYI - Marriott is running a promotion where, among other things, all their properties worldwide will have off-peak pricing for bookings made between June 15 and June 30, 2020, for stays through July 31, 2020.

Might be worth a look if you’re planning to travel this summer and have points or FNCs to redeem.
Hmm... I hope they extend this promotion to the fall. I did also got an email that they will be giving 50% extra elite night credit, I wonder if those the the personal and business card will automatically receive Platinum status?

Is anyone planning any travel this year?

Still have my Sept. WDW trip booked. Went ahead and reserved a rental car yesterday through Costco - in case we opt to drive. We've had flights for months (used points of course) but neither DH or I is keen to fly right now - who knows what things will be like in September. No clue if we will end up going, but I have our transportation options covered.

I will cancel my September Boston trip. Just haven't had the heart to do it yet. I already canceled my January cruise. I'm not spending hardly any money right now (which isn't bad of course) but that means I'm not earning any points. But if there are no trips to take/planned, I guess I don't need a lot of points.

Boy this was a depressing post!

Hmm... I hope they extend this promotion to the fall. I did also got an email that they will be giving 50% extra elite night credit, I wonder if those the the personal and business card will automatically receive Platinum status?
P2 has a personal and business card (biz card had been canceled but he still got the 15 nights from it) and got 30 nights this year so far from those cards. With the 13 nights he should get from the 50% extra elite night credit for being Gold (because of Amex Plat), that will put him at 43 nights towards Platinum. So I'm eyeing staying 7 nights under his account to reach Platinum for him through Feb 2022. He has 2 FNC, so there's really only 5 that I'd need to pay for with either points or cash. My Plat status got extended to Feb 2022 anyway because of the pandemic, so it doesn't do me much good to reserve stays under my account for this year. My problem is finding any place I want to stay right now. Marriott's resort fees and parking fees really stunt any desire to stay there.

We are still planning on end-of-August Disney. I suppose I should start looking into some masks since DH doesn't like the ones I sewed for him (he's using the paper-y tie-on kind for work) because they are "too hard to breathe in." Anyone from a wamer/more humid place than northern Michigan have a mask they really like? Bonus points for Disney prints....

I spent money on some great looking masks with filters that can be inserted and all that but prefer to wear the disposable ones - blue on one side white on the other. I can breathe in the disposable ones.

Thanks man. I saved 2,500 Marriott points by rebooking my hotel for Friday (as if I need to save more Marriott points 🤣 🤣)

Is anyone planning any travel this year? I cancelled our Nov cruise and have pretty much accepted no travel until 2021.
Dh threw out yesterday that he wants to go to universal. I didn’t cancel my time off work in November so it would be easy to plan a trip. I have enough URs to cover the hotel and maybe car rental. I should have almost enough SW points to cover the flights if the Sunday return flight cost goes down.

I just don’t know. I’ve shifted my plans to planning a big Hawaii trip in 2022 and those URs could cover one of the $1200 plane tickets.
Will my kids wear mask all day? They do ok with short outings and I wear a mask all day at the hospital so I think we should be ok.

I was pretty excited when he mentioned it yesterday but not so sure now. Maybe I just don’t want to excited about another trip only to have to cancel.

I still have the following trips on the books for 2020:
- late August makeup birthday trip to Universal Orlando
- Labor Day weekend wedding in Detroit (this one makes me the most nervous - not the travel, the event itself)
- Week in CO at a cabin with my family
- October HHN/Galaxy's edge trip TBC

All of this is on points or otherwise fully refundable, so I'm not canceling anything until I absolutely have to. However, I am prepared to not take any or all of these trips (although, the belated birthday trip will sting if I have to cancel again. I am hoping that won't be necessary if Universal continues enforcing their current rules).

I absolutely understand just wanting to throw in the towel and not have to live with the uncertainty anymore...I got really upset today when my mom, boss, and husband all independently of each other threw cold water on my excitement about going to Japan next May. I was like "guys! Please just let me be excited and optimistic about this ONE thing in the future!" If I didn't have other big life plans that make me really not want to postpone Japan any farther I might think about delaying big trips to 2022 as well.

We are still planning our WDW trip for mid/end of July. Everything feels very up-in-the-air thanks to Disney not really communicating but we are still going! Other than that, dh & I may try to go to WDW again in the fall (also let my girls go in the fall - to make up for the sister trip they lost in March).

Planning to head to Texas in November to make the 'rounds' and see fam. Speaking of Texas, I put all 4 kids on a plane to Texas this morning! I have an empty nest right now :) Feels so weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter