I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we could be targets :(
I don't think I should even look to see, for myself. I fly maybe once a year, try to avoid fast food, already have TSA Precheck (not Global Entry, tho), and am worried about being able to maintain some level of spend to keep Amex happy for future cards.

But they say my odds are better since I don't have any Amex cards, and the pool of Chase cards is drying up for me, so maybe?

If anyone with Amazon prime is looking for a new to you show to binge check out Being Erica. It's up thanks to the BBC but it was a Canadian show, not sure if it was on CBC or something else originally. I watched the 4 seasons on soapnet I think, whatever Pop is now.

Anyway I'm just starting season 3 and am enjoying it as much as I did the first time through. Also fun to play spot the degrassi next gen actor or other canadian actors :teeth:

Ugh. I’ve been targeted twice for the 100000 offer, both times I’ve checked, but I’ve never bitten. That spend would be a bit of a stretch for me under normal circumstances, and right now I’m hardly spending anything. And that fee. And then to maintain spending so as not to get the pop up in the future. Still, I haven’t gotten a new card in a while. I just don’t know. Decisions, decisions. Of course, if I do decide to check and I’m not targeted, that will make the decision easy.

Ugh. I’ve been targeted twice for the 100000 offer, both times I’ve checked, but I’ve never bitten. That spend would be a bit of a stretch for me under normal circumstances, and right now I’m hardly spending anything. And that fee. And then to maintain spending so as not to get the pop up in the future. Still, I haven’t gotten a new card in a while. I just don’t know. Decisions, decisions. Of course, if I do decide to check and I’m not targeted, that will make the decision easy.

Share your luck with meeeee.

I took a 30k MR/ no spend retention offer on my platicorn today. The AF is hefty, but the cell phone and saks credits help. I don’t have streaming services outside of prime which is PIF for a year. Does anyone know if prime counts? I’m due for renewal soon, if it does, maybe I’ll switch to monthly. I’ve also been using uber eats with the pandemic, which I rarely did before.

I’m also strongly considering quitting my job to homeschool this year. So credit card applications will stop as I’ll have no earned income as a SAHM.

Also pray for me, cause I was not cut out for the SAHM/ homeschooling life, especially when you can’t even go places or do things.

I took a 30k MR/ no spend retention offer on my platicorn today. The AF is hefty, but the cell phone and saks credits help. I don’t have streaming services outside of prime which is PIF for a year. Does anyone know if prime counts? I’m due for renewal soon, if it does, maybe I’ll switch to monthly. I’ve also been using uber eats with the pandemic, which I rarely did before.

I’m also strongly considering quitting my job to homeschool this year. So credit card applications will stop as I’ll have no earned income as a SAHM.

Also pray for me, cause I was not cut out for the SAHM/ homeschooling life, especially when you can’t even go places or do things.

Rentals on amazon count so I think Prime should but there's a list out there on doc or somewhere that show it.

Also, you don't have to stop cards because of your income just because you are a SAHM. You'd just use the household income.

I think I'm going to apply for the Citi Premier 60k offer. There aren't any support links for this, correct? I don't have any experience with TY points, anything I should know before I apply? Thanks!

I think I'm going to apply for the Citi Premier 60k offer. There aren't any support links for this, correct? I don't have any experience with TY points, anything I should know before I apply? Thanks!

I tried to find one before I applied and didn't find one and haven't checked to see if it's possible since I got the card a couple weeks ago. But they also haven't sent any emails saying invite your friends like I feel I normally get with a new card. I'll login and look but I don't think there is.

ETA nope can't find anything even when I search which is what I figured after asking here and googling a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

Sending you prayers! I get it. I'm a single mom so I can't quit, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to be homeschooling my 10th grader after work. I still think he'll need a math tutor but otherwise I'm going to try to handle the rest of it.

I'm trying hard to set a good example for my kids with my attitude but I'm so discouraged about the school situation with two high schoolers.

Sending you prayers! I get it. I'm a single mom so I can't quit, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to be homeschooling my 10th grader after work. I still think he'll need a math tutor but otherwise I'm going to try to handle the rest of it.

I'm trying hard to set a good example for my kids with my attitude but I'm so discouraged about the school situation with two high schoolers.
Mine are 3 and 8, so it’s not like leaving them home alone is even an option. I’m honestly not all that concerned about the “school” part. Whatever he learns, it is what it is. Everyone else will be in the same boat and it’s 3rd grade.

But someone needs to physically be with them all the time. Sigh.

I figure someone here will know....

Considering buying the Disney trip insurance if we end up booking.

I took a quick look through the terms and conditions and I didn't see anything about exclusions for Covid-related things (even searched the document for "covid" and found nothing).

Does that necessarily mean that if I have to cancel for Covid-related reasons (whether actual illness, or a 14 day quarantine is implemented by then, or whatever), that that insurance will reimburse me for the cost of my lost trip?

Does anyone have any experience PC'ing this card? I wouldn't want to keep after the year, but not sure I'd use the TY points in time either. I wonder if you can PC to the no AF Citi Rewards+ ...?

@punkin - guess what I have to buy this week - a refrigerator!

I noticed that my bottled water and my Brita pitcher did not have the usual ice cold water. At first figured they were just not in there long enough.

But, noted it again and mentioned to daughter who said she had noticed about a week ago.

So the research begins. Turns out old fridge - a Whirlpool Gold side by side - was manufactured 10/05 so almost 15 years old. My memory was telling me about 12, but after doing some math, 14 to 15 sounds right.

I'm looking anywhere in the $0- $3000 range, but probably around $2k. I have a 'little' time as food is not spoiling, freezer stuff is rock hard and I do have the small freezer if it breaks quickly.

My space can fit a 36" wide/ 33" deep model and actually is adaptable to larger if necessary, but I won't say no to a counter depth model either if all else is right. But since it is on one side of the kitchen with floor to ceiling cabinet next to it and a window near the other side, the 33 inch depth is okay.

I'm off to the stores after spending several hours, first trouble shooting and finding out it can be fixed, and then looking at new ones online.

Since it's 15 years old, I don't want to fix it. I figure if I fix it, something else will then go wrong. Plus right now I don't have a handy dandy cheap appliance repair guy or a warranty of any kind, so we are looking at minimum $150. I trouble shooted enough to know that it's at least a $50 part, plus service call.

I took a quick look through the terms and conditions and I didn't see anything about exclusions for Covid-related things (even searched the document for "covid" and found nothing).

Does that necessarily mean that if I have to cancel for Covid-related reasons (whether actual illness, or a 14 day quarantine is implemented by then, or whatever), that that insurance will reimburse me for the cost of my lost trip?
I don’t think it would mention COVID....it may say a pandemic, epidemic or something like that and most travel insurance policies exclude those

I will pray for you. There are several homeschool mamas on this board that still actively apply for cards. I've been homeschooling my two for over a decade as a single mom, and my oldest just graduated. Your homeschooling life can be whatever you make it and you will be able to go places in the future. It is an amazing opportunity to connect with your kids. You can do it! :-)

Quick question, DW left the house w/out my Amex card and she was going to use one of the Small Business credits... She is a AU on my account, I registered for the offer under my card number... I know I saw in the past AU's could not double dip the deals I think like they used to... So if she uses her card # for the SB credit does that work?

I don't think most people use ins for resort only trips just cruises. I'd look at their cancellation policy and what their pay in full date is, they'd changed it and I don't know if it's back to normal or not. I think their time frame would be ok with you finding that stuff out. You might lose the deposit which could be similar to the cost of their ins, not sure what they charge.

I'd read through any ins with a fine tooth comb though, a lot won't cover this stuff now.

Quick question, DW left the house w/out my Amex card and she was going to use one of the Small Business credits... She is a AU on my account, I registered for the offer under my card number... I know I saw in the past AU's could not double dip the deals I think like they used to... So if she uses her card # for the SB credit does that work?
I don’t think so but she should be able to add the offer on her card. AUs can double dip as far as I know. Just can’t have the same offer on multiple cards anymore:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter