I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m super behind but did you file an item not received dispute with eBay first? It’s simple and you are pretty much guaranteed of getting your money back if tracking doesn’t show delivered. eBay has good buyer protections.

We’ve been doing it with 2, then 3, then 4 kids at the Mickey totem pole outside the store at Wilderness Lodge. The metal Mickey head sculpture near the lake behind Contemporary is also a super cute spot especially for a family picture and as they grow older, kids climb and interact with the sculpture in different ways.

There was one in my work parking lot this morning. Gross. If there are iguanas where you live (not sure how far north they go), the same thing will happen to them. I find them fascinating and repulsive at the same time. It was 40 here this morning and it totally makes Miamians crazy. I think this city deals with hurricanes better than with “extreme” cold.
We must not get iguanas here. I’ve never seen one. We get a lot of little lizards

Reminder: Some of us might be working on a SW promo and have an opportunity to get some extra Companion Pass qualifying points!

We discussed this a few months ago but a bunch of us got different SW promos. Mine was this:
  • When you have at least 35,000 points post to your Rapid Rewards® account between 12/1/19 and 2/29/20 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 25% bonus (up to 25,000 bonus points).
If you happened to have this promo (or a similar promo) and then opened a NEW Southwest credit card, those points should count too! This promo is found on your SOUTHWEST login (not with Chase). Not everybody will be eligible, but for those that have it, your Feb statement close will be your last chance to add points (or qualify) for this!

Super random WDW question - anybody who's been there recently, is Edna Mode still meeting guests??

I'd ask about transferring to a TA and don't get into the Chase aspect. That's really all you're doing. But if you get it worked out before the 30 day transfer window it shouldn't impact paying with Chase.

If no one else here has experience I can call the rewards department and ask for you if you let me know what you want to know. But as we know reps aren't always completely accurate, which is why I combed through that thread when I was thinking about it :laughing:
Thanks for the suggestion and offer. I really don't have any specific questions yet, mostly just trying to figure out a medium term plan. I am really leery about the :drinking1:drinking1 turning into another GrAAvy Train debacle (I already got stung in the CSR/CSP DD) so I'm trying to figure out another route.

DH is having some health issues so I don't want to plan too far ahead because we don't know how his travel ability will be in two years. I just want to have as much versatility to be able to provide him an awesome vacation of his dreams. It may be difficult figuring this out as the man can't even decide on an entree from a menu! He does like cruising with NCL (relaxed dining dress code) and visiting my parents in Alaska. So for right now my focus is on UR's, getting us to Alaska, and having a few more free hotel nights.

New United Card offers

Limited time sign up offers for the United Biz and Personal cards. Offers expire 4/2. Both Biz cards are 100k / 10k in 3 months; Personal 60k/3k in 3 months, waived AF. No tiers. (Also offer on the personal Club card for 75k/3k that ends 3/12.)

Oh my... I want to say these are “not bad” offers compared to what United’s card offerings have looked like lately, but then United miles aren’t worth what they used to be so it’s almost like let’s devalue the miles, increase the rewards. :confused:

And then I look over to Chase’s Ink business offerings, with UR a much more flexible currency and transferrable to UA 1:1, and the CIP earning 80k UR (+20k UR support) for $5k MSR, the CIU earning 50k UR (+15k UR support) for $3k MSR, and the CIC earning 50k UR for $3k MSR. The $10k MSR for 100k UA is still a high minimum and a waste of spend for what you get, but a lot better than the ludicrously tiered spend $5k in 3 months for 50k UA, spend $20k more in the first 6 months for another 50k UA (a $25k MSR for the full 100k UA!!!) offer that just ended.

The personal Explorer offer is, again, “not bad.” It’s a lot better than the just ended tiered 65k UA offer (spend $2k in 3 months for 40k UA, spend $8k in 6 months for an additional 25k UA — $10k MSR for the full 65k UA!!!). Previous iterations of this card have had targeted offers of up to 70k UA — back when United miles were arguably worth more, but I believe with higher $4k or $5k MSRs. 60k UA for only $3k MSR is pretty good if you have a need for United miles and/or you were planning to transfer UR to UA anyway. As I’ve said before, the great thing about the United Explorer card is not the SUB or its bonus categories, but the fact that just holding this card (or its no AF downgradeable option) opens up expanded economy saver award inventory and, if you have it added to your MileagePlus account payment options, you get a 25% cardmember bonus on points earned buying eGCs through MileagePlus X. The Explorer card has its AF waived the first year, and you can product change to the no AF United MileagePlus card after a year (and still retain access to expanded XN inventory and the cardmember bonus in MPX), so you can pay no AFs for the SUB and card benefits. If you fly United, this card is worth considering.

Since we fly out of a United hub and fly on United a lot, I’ve been eyeing the Explorer card to add to DW’s wallet and may finally bite sometime before 4/2, but this will take her to 4/24 and we’ll need to save a slot to churn a certain Chase card or two later this year.

What I am seeing is Chase is offering better SUB terms on their Business and Explorer cards (I guess they didn't get many bites with their last promotion?), but also SUBs on their business and personal Club cards that don’t always offer a SUB instead waiving the high $450 AFs (AF not waived with the current SUB offers).

Last edited:
South Florida resident update.

iguanas.jpg

Yes, it's a thing. They freeze to death and fall to the ground. There are canals near where I live and you'd normally see them out everywhere sunning themselves. After one particularly cold (for Florida) winter they all froze to death. It was quite some time before we saw any again. When we did they were young and small and now, years later, they are quite big. It will be interesting to see what the population looks like over then next few days. It didn't get as cold as that one winter when they were mostly wiped out. I have a few resident curly tailed lizards that live in my front yard and didn't see them yesterday. Wondering if they made it.

South Florida resident update.

View attachment 467332

Yes, it's a thing. They freeze to death and fall to the ground. There are canals near where I live and you'd normally see them out everywhere sunning themselves. After one particularly cold (for Florida) winter they all froze to death. It was quite some time before we saw any again. When we did they were young and small and now, years later, they are quite big. It will be interesting to see what the population looks like over then next few days. It didn't get as cold as that one winter when they were mostly wiped out. I have a few resident curly tailed lizards that live in my front yard and didn't see them yesterday. Wondering if they made it.

Yup, DW is on a work trip to Miami this week and told me about the NWS alert. Quite interesting!

Oh my... I want to say these are “not bad” offers compared to what United’s card offerings have looked like lately, but then United miles aren’t worth what they used to be so it’s almost like let’s devalue the miles, increase the rewards. :confused:

And then I look over to Chase’s Ink business offerings, with UR a much more flexible currency and transferrable to UA 1:1, and the CIP earning 80k UR (+20k UR support) for $5k MSR, the CIU earning 50k UR (+15k UR support) for $3k MSR, and the CIC earning 50k UR for $3k MSR. The $10k MSR for 100k UA is still a high minimum and a waste of spend for what you get, but a lot better than the ludicrously tiered spend $5k in 3 months for 50k UA, spend $20k more in the first 6 months for another 50k UA (a $25k MSR for the full 100k UA!!!) offer that just ended.

The personal Explorer offer is, again, “not bad.” It’s a lot better than the just ended tiered 65k UA offer (spend $2k in 3 months for 40k UA, spend $8k in 6 months for an additional 25k UA — $10k MSR for the full 65k UA!!!). Previous iterations of this card have had targeted offers of up to 70k UA — back when United miles were arguably worth more, but I believe with higher $4k or $5k MSRs. 60k UA for only $3k MSR is pretty good if you have a need for United miles and/or you were planning to transfer UR to UA anyway. As I’ve said before, the great thing about the United Explorer card is not the SUB or its bonus categories, but the fact that just holding this card (or its no AF downgradeable option) opens up expanded economy saver award inventory and, if you have it added to your MileagePlus account payment options, you get a 25% cardmember bonus on points earned buying eGCs through MileagePlus X. The Explorer card has its AF waived the first year, and you can product change to the no AF United MileagePlus card after a year (and still retain access to expanded XN inventory and the cardmember bonus in MPX), so you can pay no AFs for the SUB and card benefits. If you fly United, this card is worth considering.

Since we fly out of a United hub and fly on United a lot, I’ve been eyeing the Explorer card to add to DW’s wallet and may finally bite sometime before 4/2, but this will take her to 4/24 and we’ll need to save a slot to churn a certain Chase card or two later this year.

What I am seeing is Chase is offering better SUB terms on their Business and Explorer cards (I guess they didn't get many bites with their last promotion?), but also SUBs on their business and personal Club cards that don’t always offer a SUB instead waiving the high $450 AFs (AF not waived with the current SUB offers).
I was pretty happy to be able to get from SYD to BWI in Biz Polaris to LAX for only 80k UA. (Although I am still a little mad they took away my flight in IAH).

I once got off a Delta award flight at the first stopover. It was a flight back from Paris to DC and had a stupid routing through Pittsburgh then Detroit then DC. We got off in Pittsburgh, picked up our baggage at customs and instead of putting the baggage back on the plane for Detroit, we left the airport, rented a car and drove home. No repercussions. Just make sure it is your last flight on the itinerary. They WILL cancel any flight you have after you miss a flight.

Thanks, feeling like it's a possbility! It would be the return flight. But I would book a new flight for the next day, they wouldn't cancel that one I hope?!

Thanks, feeling like it's a possbility! It would be the return flight. But I would book a new flight for the next day, they wouldn't cancel that one I hope?!
Not if it's a different itinerary. I wouldn't worry at all.

We’re going to Epcot Friday because it’s supposed to be 79. Then it’ll get back to the 60s next week again. I can handle the 60s during the days but Dh and I like nightly walks and we’ve been skipping them because of this crappy weather. Really it’s the wind that’s so bad. I also have like one pair of pants that fit and I was hoping I wouldn’t have to buy any more lol.
DH and I like nightly walks too. And that is our favorite thing to do at Disney is stroll around Epcot in the evenings. Hoping for nice weather in March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter