I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday a family member offered me a few thousand Bonblah points because they were expiring. We called up Marriott, he gave them his info and they asked how many points he wanted to transfer. I took the call from there with my account info and the points were in my account today. Idk if I needed to be on the phone. There was no charge, he had no status but I am Bonblah gold fwiw. Phone call took 5-10 mins.
I'm behind... can't recall,, does the family member need the address or anything like that to transfer your points?

I have the old card (49 AF) I wonder if I could get this too...
I am not sure that is true. From the offer website:

View attachment 467457

I would totally apply for this card if I could, but I am not giving up my $49 annual fee card.
FYI, my husband has both the $49 AF IHG Select card and recently got the Premier. He got the IHG Select in July 2016, and IHG Premier in August 2019. He got a signup bonus of 70,000 on the Select, and then the 125K signup bonus when he hit MSR on the Premier.

We did moonlight magic this Tuesday. Checked in at Wilderness Lodge (we were staying at Copper Creek). It was 2 of us at check in but no issue getting the 4 bands, 4 meal vouchers, and 4 game tickets.

Got to AK just before 8, went to Dinosaur. There was no sign or anything so we stood in a line for a bit then around 8:10 CM came and told us Dinosaur doesn’t open til 9. Okay great. We went to eat at Satuli. Meal voucher for 1 entree plus 1 fountain beverage. We also paid for a beer for my husband. After that Dinosaur was a walk on.

The line for FOP was posted as 45 minutes every time I looked. We wanted to go on Everest but it was down. Navi River went down at some point too. We got our Mickey bars from Starbucks at some point. They also had Strawberry fruit bars I think.

We didn’t use our game tickets, the lines to play games were long when we walked by. We also didn’t try for any characters.

I was disappointed in the event. Food was better at this than when we went in 2018 (just hot dogs then). Giving the voucher for a real meal was a plus. But not getting to ride Everest was a bummer. I know it was cold but we were bundled up and ready for it. We had no interest in the safari in the dark. Note it does close earlier than the end of the event.

I guess not having many rides makes it tough for AK. We left around 10:30 I think. At least we got a free meal out of it.

Thank you! I was hoping to get them in at 6pm and maybe getting on Safari then. They said it will close at 10 because these are not 'party animals'. I know it gets less crowded as the day ends. I haven't done it in the dark, so not sure how interesting that would be. Did they have the Lion King show? I'm not a ride person except for the easy stuff. No roller coasters or anything that makes me dizzy. I can spend a lot of time in the park just walking through the gorilla and tiger trails, so pretty easy to please. At any rate, I'm trying to gauge what would be open to interest my brother and wife who are older than I am but still like some rides and would do FOP. I've done it one and done - had to close my eyes because of the movements combined with the visual effects which quickly make me nauseous. I can go anytime with my annual pass but they are more limited. The park closes at 8pm for regular visitors, so it will be close to 9 before the day people are off the more popular stuff. Brother loves roller coasters - not sure what sister in law enjoys in rides.

It's highly possible, they have changed the restrictions recently.
Yeah anything is possible with Chase, and I will be very sad if that's the case. I was planning on getting the Premier myself with this offer. I have the $49 AF card only.

Edited to add: At some point I also won't be surprised if they force us all to upgrade, those that are grandfathered into the $49 AF Select. They are always mailing and emailing me offers to upgrade.

FYI, my husband has both the $49 AF IHG Select card and recently got the Premier. He got the IHG Select in July 2016, and IHG Premier in August 2019. He got a signup bonus of 70,000 on the Select, and then the 125K signup bonus when he hit MSR on the Premier.

I would love to know if this is still possible because I would apply both DH and me for the card. I would love to get the 4th-night free benefit on the new card plus another anniversary FNC each year. But I don't want to give up my other card.

Were the Dolphin and Swan hotels always listed on the Disney site? Just noticed a new header "Other select deluxe hotels" with them.

Edit: Star Wars rides are mixed up my brain. Now to figure out my trips. :)

Last edited:
Holy crap you guys Millennium Falcon is available for FP starting after Feb 19. I just rebooked a TSMM for it!

tier one

editing to add: I've got a TSMM at a better time now
Oh boy! Thanks so much! I wish I had seen this earlier today. No MF for my DHS day, but I did get TSMM and Rocking RC now - I already had SDD. I am still planning to go early and try for a BG that day as well. Possibly another day too - if I can talk anyone else in my family into getting up early and going with me.

Anyone remember that quick "cheap" long weekend to WDW I booked (SWpoint flights, DVC room, free 1 day tickets from a colleague). We were just going to bum around the other 2 days and enjoy the sun... WELL, then DH got opening night Cirque tickets ($$$) and not we scored Millennium Falcon FP (among others) for our 3rd day... looks like I need another park day! I do have those 7 day tickets from the Delta promo to turn into APs (was going to wait until the Fall), so we may do 3 full park days. Oh, Disney logic!
I remember that! I am excited to hear about Cirque. I want to book it for our fall trip. Disney Logic always wins. I wasn't even going to go back until 2021 and now I have two trips booked this year.

@mizt- echoing thanks for NCL tips!

@pinkxI started.looking for AK cruises in Sept for next Aug and I was shocked at how booked they already were. We are paying $5k for 7 day RT from Seattle.

Are you looking at the helicopter to a glacier to dog sled excursion? DH is trying to convince me, but YiKES, the cost!!!

Yes we are looking at the helicopter with dog sledding. Dh wants to do it in the snow. That’s the only way he is going all the way to Alaska.
We did decide to push it back to maybe 2022 or after. I will be ready to book opening day so hopefully the prices are a little better and there might be better room options.

FP for ROTR messes with my huge lack of plans. I’ve got a Pop reservation for March 19 but my son has a band competition there that weekend that we have been given NO info about. Besides, I haven’t bought my tickets yet and I’m past the 60 days. We are a very early to ride family so the early openings and boarding groups suited us.
I have another reservation for May so will do DHS then. I’ve never been to a band competition so looking forward to that.
There aren’t FPS for ROTR. They only added them for smugglers run. They should still be doing boarding groups for awhile with ROTR

I’ve taught Dh well lol. We’ve been talking about Tokyo Disney and he said previously he only wanted two days there because we’ve already been there. Today he says, “I think we’ll need three days since we’ll have the baby with us and everything will be new to him”. I also told him I wanted to stay at a Disney resort but they’re so expensive and his response was “so?”

I have not done the Fast and Furious (I am a HUGE fan of the movies, like obsessed LOL), but my son has. He is also a fan, and he was greatly disappointed by it. Maybe its better if you are not a fan?
Thanks!
Fast and Furious is not good. Jimmy Fallon is ok.
Thanks!
Simpsons and Forbidden Journey are tough for Motion Sickness. I can do Gringotts. Love Mummy. Liked Hulk but hated the Rock and Roll coaster (sorry I don't have the right names). Spider Man isn't the best.
He successfully rode FJ in 2011. I think I remember Spider Man doing him in, but that was before he started using motion sickness meds. Thanks for your perspective!
We were there in January. Not impressed at all with Fast & Furious- I've never seen any of the movies. We like to do everything at least once, but now that we have we'll probably never do it again. Jimmy Fallon was better- still not overly impressed but definitely worth doing. Actually our favorite part was the waiting area where they showed a ton of really funny video clips and that was entertaining. I can't comment on motion sickness because I've never experienced it, however, I don't think that either of these two would cause it. DH gets a little ill on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Counter service in the parks- we really enjoyed Fire Eater's Grill at IOA for gyros and hummus. At US there may have been better options but we always get pizza at Louie's and love it (especially since there aren't many places to get good pizza at WDW).
We like to do everything once as well :) I just don't want dh to feel:sick: if I can help it! Thanks for the food recs---gyros sound good right now.
All these new offers, hopefully the Hyatt card is next!
Please Chase, wait another 88 days before you do anything to the Hyatt card 🙏
Really didn't like Fast and Furious. It is the same type of ride as Kong (which I do like for the story and effects). Haven't seen a F&F movie so no understanding of who was who and what was going on.

Jimmy Fallon - I would do once, not a repeater. Nice that you can wait in the virtual line and comfy seats. We played the games they have in the waiting area.

I don't get motion sickness, but Gringotts has 3D so that might be an impact. Forbidden Journey has a section where you are almost upside down so that is probably out. Mummy has a short backward part but I think easier than Everest.

At Portofino Bay, I liked Trattoria Del Porto. Casual place but you can get build your own pasta with veggies, sauce you pick. Yummy

Counterservice - Love Louie's pizza. I used to like Monster's Cafe but they changed the menu. I like sitting in the dark watching the old horror clips! Even if you don't eat at 3 Broomsticks, go inside to look around if you are a HP fan. And must have - frozen butterbeer! Hopefully not too cold out for this.

Have fun!!
Thank you! Mmmmmmmm build your own pasta! I am so excited for butter beer (it's been 8.5 years since we were at Universal) and it should be warm enough tomorrow, at least, for the frozen variety :drinking1
Definitely something to keep an eye on. If they get to keep the points and/or if others start seeing some mysterious adjustments...

I think it bodes well for the new ride. A 3rd Tier 1 FP could fit nicely into this new situation...

Forbidden Journey could be an issue. I have to take my meds and even then I only ride it once. F&F and Fallon are both ok. Like, they're something to do. I do get a laugh out of walking through the line for F&F, Universal actually thought people were going to wait an hour or more to ride THAT?

Mummy is one of my favorites at Universal, I get bored and sick with all the screen rides pretty quick, I can only take a couple. Mummy is a nice "legit" ride amongst all that screen nonsense.
I remember Mummy as being one of my favorites! ...runs off to check to see if dh those meds...
I wear the patch, and made it through Forbidden Journey twice :-). Agreed on The Mummy, it's great!!!
Thank you :)
Hello, I've been a board lurker for a while, but not a commenter. I've gotten lots of good info here, as well as other various corners of the internet. I wouldn't consider myself a churner, but am frequently looking for the next sign up bonus that makes sense. Currently working on how to use Arrival+ points for a trip for 4 (hopefully staying at AKL & Poly) in Jan 2021. Just wanted to say hello and thanks to all who contribute, I've learned a lot!
Hi and welcome! Don't be a stranger :hyper2:

Was offered AA Platinum status free for 3 months. DH was offered Gold. Thinking if we should status match to Southwest. Do both Gold and Platinum match to A List? Would the priority check-in apply to all on the same booking or only the individual people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter