I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg what the heck. Remember yesterday when I had all of that amazon junk to deal with because our crib mattress was “undeliverable”? It said it was being delivered by UPS. The mail man just put it by our front door. I already got refunded for it because amazon said it was damaged and we ordered a new one. What do I do with two mattresses? lol

Omg what the heck. Remember yesterday when I had all of that amazon junk to deal with because our crib mattress was “undeliverable”? It said it was being delivered by UPS. The mail man just put it by our front door. I already got refunded for it because amazon said it was damaged and we ordered a new one. What do I do with two mattresses? lol

Can you still cancel the new one?

I had my second baby 16 months after my first so I needed two mattresses.

Can you still cancel the new one?
I think we could but I don’t really want to fool with it because they’ve already done the refund and everything. I’ll have to ask Dh what he thinks
I had my second baby 16 months after my first so I needed two mattresses.
I definitely don’t want the second one that close since we’re planning to go to Japan next May. But keeping it might be a good idea because they’re double sided (infant and toddler). We could use one as the baby grows and save the other for the next one.

I think we could but I don’t really want to fool with it because they’ve already done the refund and everything. I’ll have to ask Dh what he thinks

I definitely don’t want the second one that close since we’re planning to go to Japan next May. But keeping it might be a good idea because they’re double sided (infant and toddler). We could use one as the baby grows and save the other for the next one.
You are a very smart woman:)

Interested in your Moonlight Magic experience:

You mentioned a fast pass for FOP - how were the wait times for people that did not have fast passes as the night went on? My older brother no longer does the parks or buys tickets but I've invited him for this and he likes this type of ride, but not the waits. Younger ones have passes.

How about the food? Did they have options at the quick service locations? I did one a couple of years back at Magic Kingdom where it was hamburger, or chicken nuggets with French fries, a fountain drink and a plastic wrapped cookie - not impressive. I'm actually thinking regular dinner first before we go and maybe indulge in a Mickey ice cream during the event.

I'm scheduled for Feb 11 and bringing family as guests that will be offsite. Did you do check in at your hotel or at the park? Did everyone have to be present to get the wristband or could one person pick them up for all of us? Hoping to get the wrist bands earlier at the hotel so I can drive to my niece's home and then go directly to the park, since the house is in Reunion and much closer to Animal Kingdom.
There are a few check in options, you'll get an email about a week prior that lists them. We did in park. Everyone does have to be there together, you need blue card and id and they'll place the band on each person. I would suggest getting everyone and then getting checked in at the park. They will be set up outside the tapstyles as well as inside.

I had pre-MM FP for FOP because I thought it might be packed during the event. I want to say it was 30-45 most of the night during MM. We did end up going through it a second time. Navi was 5 at one point. Everest was down until the final hour, we went on right away and it was a walk on. I don't know if the line grew after that. Safari closed at 10, it said 20 min, but was a walk on when we went through. That was kind of cool, but hard to see much. It was just so very, very cold it was hard to do anything; I was just struggling to walk at that point. Mickey Bars were served inside at Creature Comforts, they are all you can eat which was just an ear for me lol Many people hanging out in there eating theirs lol

Meal card gets you an entree and drink at Satuli, Restaurantosurus or Pizzafari. We opted for Sutuli for lunch thinking it would be packed in the evening and chose Restaurantosaurus for dinner. It was very packed around 6:30, but cleared by about 7, you can get any entree on the menu. My gluten free bacon cheeseburger was bread and meat with nothing else (well, fries). In the packed rush I didn't realize that so I was very disappointed. My son didn't want the cheese, bacon etc on his gluten free grilled chicken blt so I used those. Just go elsewhere lol

You will get a card for credits for the games in Dinoland, we didn't use them. We did leave a bit early because we were so, so tired after 2 early mornings trying for RotR. The most annoying part was having to constantly show our band, which I completely understand, but it was so cold no one wanted to uncover hands lol Some CMs were happy to see one band for the group, some wanted to see everyone's band.

We rarely do characters currently, but we did meet Jiminy and Kevin.

mALZcKql.jpg

bfh0FBSl.jpg

2 pair of pants, 2 shirts, 1 jacket lol my ankles were a bit cold. I was partly in denial that it would be so cold ;)

They have lost everything good. I was one season from finishing Fraiser when I lost it. Followed it to Hulu got distracted by Burn Notice and now I see Hulu has White Collar. Honestly if I didn’t use Netflix as a gift for two different family members I would have dropped it this month (after years of being a subscriber).
I LOVE WHITE COLLAR! I own all the seasons electronically. MOVE over Suits, even if you do have excommunicated royalty through marriage 🤣

I get Neftlix bundled with my cable which makes me feel slightly better about the prices I pay... slightly!

Ah ultimately we got the 1 year for $10.xx a month but paid for it upfront so $127 after taxes and whatnot... and still got to keep the echo dot. But I don't recommend that route :laughing:

It was kinda a mess and at this point I am just happy we were charged correctly in the end and didn't buy the whole company with the amount of charges I have on various cards. 🤨 (all because hubby forgot to call for an offer and change the card on file before it renewed. I'm hoping that's a lesson learned but, ah, probably not since that's Future Mr. miztressuz problem...)

But looking around online I think I saw the $30 for 6 months offer code still kicking. Might have been a slick deals code.

This is a good website to see what deals people are getting when they try to renew their SiriusXM. I just have a calendar reminder setup every 6 months to call in and haggle a renewal.

https://www.spoofee.com/how-to-get-a-discount-sirius-xm-radio-subscription/deals/732226

Yes we are looking at the helicopter with dog sledding. Dh wants to do it in the snow. That’s the only way he is going all the way to Alaska.
We did decide to push it back to maybe 2022 or after. I will be ready to book opening day so hopefully the prices are a little better and there might be better room options.
We are booked for AK in August, so I will report back on NCL and *possibly* the $$$ excursions!

New United Card offers

Limited time sign up offers for the United Biz and Personal cards. Offers expire 4/2. Both Biz cards are 100k / 10k in 3 months; Personal 60k/3k in 3 months, waived AF. No tiers. (Also offer on the personal Club card for 75k/3k that ends 3/12.)

Oh my... I want to say these are “not bad” offers compared to what United’s card offerings have looked like lately, but then United miles aren’t worth what they used to be so it’s almost like let’s devalue the miles, increase the rewards. :confused:

And then I look over to Chase’s Ink business offerings, with UR a much more flexible currency and transferrable to UA 1:1, and the CIP earning 80k UR (+20k UR support) for $5k MSR, the CIU earning 50k UR (+15k UR support) for $3k MSR, and the CIC earning 50k UR for $3k MSR. The $10k MSR for 100k UA is still a high minimum and a waste of spend for what you get, but a lot better than the ludicrously tiered spend $5k in 3 months for 50k UA, spend $20k more in the first 6 months for another 50k UA (a $25k MSR for the full 100k UA!!!) offer that just ended.

The personal Explorer offer is, again, “not bad.” It’s a lot better than the just ended tiered 65k UA offer (spend $2k in 3 months for 40k UA, spend $8k in 6 months for an additional 25k UA — $10k MSR for the full 65k UA!!!). Previous iterations of this card have had targeted offers of up to 70k UA — back when United miles were arguably worth more, but I believe with higher $4k or $5k MSRs. 60k UA for only $3k MSR is pretty good if you have a need for United miles and/or you were planning to transfer UR to UA anyway. As I’ve said before, the great thing about the United Explorer card is not the SUB or its bonus categories, but the fact that just holding this card (or its no AF downgradeable option) opens up expanded economy saver award inventory and, if you have it added to your MileagePlus account payment options, you get a 25% cardmember bonus on points earned buying eGCs through MileagePlus X. The Explorer card has its AF waived the first year, and you can product change to the no AF United MileagePlus card after a year (and still retain access to expanded XN inventory and the cardmember bonus in MPX), so you can pay no AFs for the SUB and card benefits. If you fly United, this card is worth considering.

Since we fly out of a United hub and fly on United a lot, I’ve been eyeing the Explorer card to add to DW’s wallet and may finally bite sometime before 4/2, but this will take her to 4/24 and we’ll need to save a slot to churn a certain Chase card or two later this year.

What I am seeing is Chase is offering better SUB terms on their Business and Explorer cards (I guess they didn't get many bites with their last promotion?), but also SUBs on their business and personal Club cards that don’t always offer a SUB instead waiving the high $450 AFs (AF not waived with the current SUB offers).
This is great! Thank you for sharing! I had been waiting impatiently for a decent United card. I would have gladly taken a high point amount or waived AF on the Club Card, but this should do! I am pumped to have that extra award availability. The personal Green put me at 4/24 so I need to get a Chase biz app in and then app for this before 4/2. Glad I have 2 dropping off in August at the same time as @SouthFayetteFan 's wife (does he even "go here" anymore?!). LOL That will also mark 2 years that I know all of you here :grouphug:

Me vs WDW FP system right now
Gah! Nothing is working right now FP wise! :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:
It. Was. Terrible! I was trying to get stuff in the event I pulled off a winter trip and it was a no-go. No MFSR on the date I found a decent YC rate and no TSL anymore on 2/22. I guess I can try for 2/23 tomorrow, but resort guests probably ate that all up. Doesn't look like FotA is happening for me this year. I will just have to save the money and points for more fall trips!

We did moonlight magic this Tuesday. Checked in at Wilderness Lodge (we were staying at Copper Creek). It was 2 of us at check in but no issue getting the 4 bands, 4 meal vouchers, and 4 game tickets.

Got to AK just before 8, went to Dinosaur. There was no sign or anything so we stood in a line for a bit then around 8:10 CM came and told us Dinosaur doesn’t open til 9. Okay great. We went to eat at Satuli. Meal voucher for 1 entree plus 1 fountain beverage. We also paid for a beer for my husband. After that Dinosaur was a walk on.

The line for FOP was posted as 45 minutes every time I looked. We wanted to go on Everest but it was down. Navi River went down at some point too. We got our Mickey bars from Starbucks at some point. They also had Strawberry fruit bars I think.

We didn’t use our game tickets, the lines to play games were long when we walked by. We also didn’t try for any characters.

I was disappointed in the event. Food was better at this than when we went in 2018 (just hot dogs then). Giving the voucher for a real meal was a plus. But not getting to ride Everest was a bummer. I know it was cold but we were bundled up and ready for it. We had no interest in the safari in the dark. Note it does close earlier than the end of the event.

I guess not having many rides makes it tough for AK. We left around 10:30 I think. At least we got a free meal out of it.
I don't think AK is the best park for MM. We did HS in 2018, shortly after they switched to the meal vouchers where you get an entree, and we loved that. It was wet and rainy, though stopped for most of the event, but still far better than this one. I think this one would have been better with warmer weather and Everest fully operational the entire time.

Were the Dolphin and Swan hotels always listed on the Disney site? Just noticed a new header "Other select deluxe hotels" with them.
I feel like I remember seeing them pop up a few years ago and when you click on them, it links you to Marriott. I always price it out, and never end up booking 🤣

I’ve taught Dh well lol. We’ve been talking about Tokyo Disney and he said previously he only wanted two days there because we’ve already been there. Today he says, “I think we’ll need three days since we’ll have the baby with us and everything will be new to him”. I also told him I wanted to stay at a Disney resort but they’re so expensive and his response was “so?”
I agree with him! With a baby those FPs you get at a Disney hotel will be invaluable. Plus you'll want the extra day in case he's fussy for 1 day or decides he wants to sleep in an a/c room for a few hours every afternoon. I'd recommend the MiraCosta over the Disneyland Hotel -- we were at the Disneyland Hotel and while it was okay, it could use a soft refurb. I'm sure there are steps on how to book somewhere online, but you need to be ready to book the MiraCosta at exactly 6 months out and try super hard to get one of the rooms with a harbor view so you can watch the fireworks (with music) from your room!

I don't think AK is the best park for MM. We did HS in 2018, shortly after they switched to the meal vouchers where you get an entree, and we loved that. It was wet and rainy, though stopped for most of the event, but still far better than this one. I think this one would have been better with warmer weather and Everest fully operational the entire time.
I really want DHS MM this year!!! I still need to book a room to get the early booking window!

I have not done the Fast and Furious (I am a HUGE fan of the movies, like obsessed LOL)
You and I are movie twins! First Sixteen Candles, now Fast and Furious. Up till now I thought I was the only grown woman that LOVES Fast and Furious. I about died when I read this. DH teases me all the time my love for those movies. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter