I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You booked hotels through the UR portal with CSR? If you cancel, URs will go back to that account, which if you PC, will be a CSP. If you PC to a CF, it would go there. No matter. You can transfer all URs to whichever card you prefer. As many times as you wish.
Many of us transfer all URs to the card in our portfolio with highest redemption rate. For me that is CSR, next would be CSP or CIP. My husband and I have 7 UR cards between us. All of the URs earned on any of those cards get transferred to DHs CSR. If we got rid of that card, or PCd it, I would simply transfer all the URs on the CSR to my CIP, which has the next highest redemption rate.
So if I PC the CSR to a CF, the points will just go there and then I can move them to my CSP? Will I lose anything on that transfer? I know that points are worth 1.5 on CSR but only 1.25 on the CSP/CIP. I guess they are worth 1.0 on the CF?

I logged into my RR account....then clicked on “my account” in the upper right corner...then scrolled down and clicked on Promotions...on the left side
It was on my account but not DHs
Thanks. Of course I don’t have it as I have a little over 48k of points that will post when my statement closes on the 5th. That would have been a little too nice.

Ok this is my first time around the block and the AF just posted on my CIP I opened 2/19. I know from following along here that if I cancel or PC it before 30 days the AF will be either refunded or prorated but how do I decide what to do? I know some people CP to a CIU but does that mean I’m ineligible for a SUB on a new CIU? Do I need to transfer URs to another card before CP or canceling?

I follow the link from Chase and it gives a coupon code for the cart. With Disney cards in the cart it says I have no eligible items. Fine print on the offer has gift cards excluded.

I've got to ask - what link are you following from Chase?

There are no links that I can see attached to the Chase offers I have. I can't see any exclusions, gift cards or other.

I've got to ask - what link are you following from Chase?

There are no links that I can see attached to the Chase offers I have. I can't see any exclusions, gift cards or other.

In the UR portal, click on deals, Browse all store, search for Staples. I have 4 offers listed.

Ok this is my first time around the block and the AF just posted on my CIP I opened 2/19. I know from following along here that if I cancel or PC it before 30 days the AF will be either refunded or prorated but how do I decide what to do? I know some people CP to a CIU but does that mean I’m ineligible for a SUB on a new CIU? Do I need to transfer URs to another card before CP or canceling?
If you are going to cancel the card definitely move the URs to another card or you will lose them. If you PC to a CIU the points remain with the card but you will not be able to transfer them to travel partners

I follow the link from Chase and it gives a coupon code for the cart. With Disney cards in the cart it says I have no eligible items. Fine print on the offer has gift cards excluded.

What 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 are you trying to use? I have never gone through Chase to use one of their offers. You just add it to your card then go to that store or website and use your credit card.

What 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 are you trying to use? I have never gone through Chase to use one of their offers. You just add it to your card then go to that store or website and use your credit card.

Answered above but through the UR portal. Where are you seeing offers otherwise?

If you are going to cancel the card definitely move the URs to another card or you will lose them. If you PC to a CIU the points remain with the card but you will not be able to transfer them to travel partners
Thanks! Is there an upside to PC vs canceling? I know it helps to keep credit limits more stable but does it also look better to the bank?

Thanks! Is there an upside to PC vs canceling? I know it helps to keep credit limits more stable but does it also look better to the bank?
We PC’d to a CIC because we didn’t have one already and like the occasional 5x at office stores. We don’t have a CIU so I can’t comment on that one

ETA: Now that I think about it I think Dh actually applied for the CIC instead of pc’ing

Last edited:
Ok - here it goes. I read the sticky posts last night, but I may have missed something. Our goal is to find a new rewards credit card. We are currently using Disney Chase visa (the paid version) for everyday spending. We have $2000 reward dollars saved up for our October trip, but we don't frequent Disney so I would like to find something with more flexible rewards.

- My husband and I use our credit card for every day spending, as well as paying any bills that accept credit cards
- We open to sharing one CC account or having separate CC accounts to double up on signup bonuses (if rewards can be combined, that would be great)
- Our main airline we travel is Allegiant. We do also have United and American Airlines in our local airport. We rarely drive to another airport to travel
- We generally take 1-2 vacations per year
- We like staying at Hilton branded hotels
- We have not applied for any credit cards in years, and have excellent credit, so approval shouldn't be an issue
- We don't mind an annual fee of up to $95 if the rewards are worth it

What rewards card would you recommend?
I was like you many years back when we used to go to Disney regularly - exclusively used the Disney card. When I realized there were better cards out there I started with the CSP.

I do not churn, but I have a set of cards I use to earn travel rewards. I earn URs through three cards which I got in this order:
CSP 3/2016 - the only AF card I currently hold - $95
CF 7/20216
CFU 7/19

DH had the CSP (7/18) for one year on my referral and the CFU mentioned above is actually his. I may at some point get my own CFU on his referral. But I do not have immediate plans to do so.

I also have an AMEX for MRs(very old card) and the Discover IT (1/18) which earns cash back. I use that cash back to pay my CSP annual dues and other travel expense that I do not cover with points.

I did have, but cancelled after a year 2 Southwest cards (1/17 & 9/17; earned a CP) and DH does have the no-fee United Card, after having the annual fee card for a year (8/18).

Remember you can go as fast or as slow as you want playing this game. I earn slowly, putting just about all of my household expenses on the 5 cards I use. It earns me enough for my travel needs for now. I love reading how others here churn and earn so much, but I do not have it in me to do that.

And most importantly, if you don't pay off the balance in full each month, it is not worth it to play this game. I pay my cards off weekly to avoid credit card bills. It makes it feel as if I am using them as debit cards (almost).

This strategy has provided ample rewards for my family's travel needs.

ETA: I offer this perspective here to show that you do not have to go full force all at once in this game. Start slow. If you find this is for you go for it and churn away. There are many ways to play this game, churn away or just use credit cards wisely to earn what you can on your regular expenses each month.

In the UR portal, click on deals, Browse all store, search for Staples. I have 4 offers listed.

Okay, I see what you are looking at. These are not the offers we are using for gift cards.
@WVMomof3 has shown them above. You can see them on your account either on the app or on the website. They work by simply using your card to pay, either in store or online.
I'm not sure if they'll work for merchandise shopping through the portal but that would be nice also. As you said the fine print on the portal offer excludes gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter