I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m watching a vlog with a baby and they have a stroller with a bassinet so he can sleep when they go to restaurants. Ours is just a normal carrier/car seat. Is it bad for him to sleep in that when we go out?

As some of you know, I am a consultant, but only to one company, for which I am under contract. Recently one of my co-workers has been frequently texting me about work. Since I use my personal phone (and don't get any kind of phone allowance), I kindly asked that she keep written communication to e-mails (the issue is she took an e-mail that I sent to her about a problem customer and forwarded it to him accidentally). She balked and is not taking it well, saying how can she call me and communicate with me? I'm thinking what the heck? I told her that I never said she couldn't call me on my cell phone, I just asked that work-related communication (we are friends outside of work) be kept to e-mail. I am wondering if I should have said anything. I wouldn't have, but she started texting me about work a few times a day and I was getting really annoyed! I asked the company if they wanted to provide an allowance for my personal phone, but they said no (we do have an APP for work-related calls, but I don't use it because it constantly drops calls!). I am planning on transitioning out of the company sometime before the end of the summer (when I move back home) so I am not looking to cause any ripples!
You didn’t do anything wrong!! You have specific boundaries for work and if you didn’t say something she would have kept doing it...

That's exactly what I said. She likes to send texts with nasty comments about customers and / or information that might be pertinent, but sound mean about a customer. She is afraid that she will forward an e-mail she shouldn't (like she did last week, which was when I warned her that a customer can become nasty when he doesn't get his way -- she forwarded it to him by mistake). I don't think her carelessness is my issue though. I am a bit old school and really don't think work communication should be by text anyway!
Oof. Yeah she needs to stick to email!

I’m watching a vlog with a baby and they have a stroller with a bassinet so he can sleep when they go to restaurants. Ours is just a normal carrier/car seat. Is it bad for him to sleep in that when we go out?
No he can sleep in the carrier and will be fine....both of my “kids” 32 and 29 did ....
Once when my son couldn’t fall asleep my DH drove around with him until he did and we put the car seat in his crib so we wouldn’t wake him up...

No he can sleep in the carrier and will be fine....both of my “kids” 32 and 29 did ....
Once when my son couldn’t fall asleep my DH drove around with him until he did and we put the car seat in his crib so we wouldn’t wake him up...
Lots of babies sleep quite well in their infant carrier!
Thank you both for your responses! I read articles recently saying it’s bad for the baby to be at an angle for too long in a car seat or rocker but I know people have always done it. There are so many things they say “are bad” that it’s hard to tell what really is lol

Thank you both for your responses! I read articles recently saying it’s bad for the baby to be at an angle for too long in a car seat or rocker but I know people have always done it. There are so many things they say “are bad” that it’s hard to tell what really is lol
My first son slept in his bouncy chair for the first 6 months. I couldn't get him to sleep in his crib. He's 6 feet tall now. No deformities at all LOL! My second son slept with a tent over his crib until he was three to keep him in. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

The 40k JetBlue points from my new JetBlue Plus card posted as soon as my first statement closed. The requirements were $1k spend and to pay the initial annual fee. I made the spend as soon as I got the card buying airfare for my family. The Annual fee posted a couple of days later. I then paid the total balance on the card, both the initial spend and the annual fee even though the statement had not closed and nothing was due because I wanted the points asap for another ticket. I worried they might not post for a full billing cycle after my first payment was actually due, but as soon as the first statement closed, they apparently acknowledged the spend and the payment and the ponts hit my TrueBlue account.

My first son slept in his bouncy chair for the first 6 months. I couldn't get him to sleep in his crib. He's 6 feet tall now. No deformities at all LOL! My second son slept with a tent over his crib until he was three to keep him in. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
There are too many things out there telling you what to do and what not to do that I almost end up ignoring most of them. I've been following the general guidelines that have been around for years, but some of the newer things I just ignore. I'm glad your son didn't turn out deformed lol. I've always seen people leaving their babies in their car seat carriers so I wonder why they're now saying not to do that for an extended amount of time?

So if I PC the CSR to a CF, the points will just go there and then I can move them to my CSP? Will I lose anything on that transfer? I know that points are worth 1.5 on CSR but only 1.25 on the CSP/CIP. I guess they are worth 1.0 on the CF?
Yes the points will just stay there, you don’t lose any. Points are worth 1.5 or 1.25 through the UR Chase portal. CF or CFU points are cash unless you transfer them to CSR, CSP or another UR card. URs On CSR or CSP can be used as cash or statement credit or can be transferred to hotel or airline programs as well. CF/CFU don’t have transfer partners.

There are too many things out there telling you what to do and what not to do that I almost end up ignoring most of them. I've been following the general guidelines that have been around for years, but some of the newer things I just ignore. I'm glad your son didn't turn out deformed lol. I've always seen people leaving their babies in their car seat carriers so I wonder why they're now saying not to do that for an extended amount of time?
It is not advised to leave them for extended periods of time sleeping in the car seat carriers because the position they are in can restrict the airway. It’s actually a pretty real risk, that many parents have tragically learned the hard way (I would not advise googling on this one for the stories). But yes, there are tons of guidelines out there and you as the parent have to decide which ones you are willing to accept the risk on and which ones you are going to follow. Only you can make that decision. You will also have this same problem with unsolicited advice once your child is actually here. Everyone likes to tell you what they did and some will even tell you are doing it wrong, even when you didn’t ask for input. Again, as the parent, you get to decide which advice you will follow.

Some recommendations change with time and evidence. I would check the most up to date recommendations from American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Not sure about the recommendations for leaving babies in carriers but maybe there’s a reason. Even 10 years ago when my son was a baby the car seat recommendations changed for rear facing vs forward facing. It used to be a year. Now it’s much longer for rear facing because evidence is there that kids are safer. Lots of kids were forward faced at a year and did fine. But some babies were seriously injured thus recommendations changed.

It is not advised to leave them for extended periods of time sleeping in the car seat carriers because the position they are in can restrict the airway. It’s actually a pretty real risk, that many parents have tragically learned the hard way (I would not advise googling on this one for the stories). But yes, there are tons of guidelines out there and you as the parent have to decide which ones you are willing to accept the risk on and which ones you are going to follow. Only you can make that decision. You will also have this same problem with unsolicited advice once your child is actually here. Everyone likes to tell you what they did and some will even tell you are doing it wrong, even when you didn’t ask for input. Again, as the parent, you get to decide which advice you will follow.
So if we wanted to go out somewhere for an extended period of time and he was in his stroller what would we do to get him in a more reclined position? I'm not sure what options are out there besides buying a bassinet stroller. We plan to carry him in a carrier on our body some, too, but I'm sure that will get old after awhile especially if we're trying to eat somewhere.

Some recommendations change with time and evidence. I would check the most up to date recommendations from American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Not sure about the recommendations for leaving babies in carriers but maybe there’s a reason. Even 10 years ago when my son was a baby the car seat recommendations changed for rear facing vs forward facing. It used to be a year. Now it’s much longer for rear facing because evidence is there that kids are safer. Lots of kids were forward faced at a year and did fine. But some babies were seriously injured thus recommendations changed.
My SIL kept her older DS in rear facing until he was 3 or so. I would say that's probably longer than most would do, but she was very sure about it. He absolutely loves facing the front now and talks the entire car ride about what he sees lol.

So if we wanted to go out somewhere for an extended period of time and he was in his stroller what would we do to get him in a more reclined position? I'm not sure what options are out there besides buying a bassinet stroller. We plan to carry him in a carrier on our body some, too, but I'm sure that will get old after awhile especially if we're trying to eat somewhere.
Just keep in mind there are millions of kids and adults in the world that slept in car seats and are just fine.

To sell you that portable bassinet contraption ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter