• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question! I applied for and received an AMEX gold Delta card in early January. I met the $2000 MSR and received the bonus. I now will have a refund coming on that card which will make me fall under that MSR threshold. I am worried about a clawback of the bonus. Will I be ok if I just use the card for some additional spending?

yes, please spend what u lost asap!

Hamilton fans, I just read it is being released in July on Disney plus. A full year early.
My family is late to the Hamilton fan club but it's been playing "Nonstop!" here for the last few months. :laughing: So this is causing a lot of excitement.
YES!! We are so excited about this!! I love Hamilton. I was planning on going to the theater next year with friends. Now we're planning a Zoom date on July 3rd to watch together, lol.

Do you happen to know if that's 0800 Eastern? I work nights so I am usually in bed by 0800 local (I don't even know what time zone Arizona is in right now!)

I love pushing buttons! How odd that he got through when the recording said they were closed!
It's 8:00am EST I believe. I set an alarm to call in the middle of my workouts if I need to speak with them!

What should I do about my United Explorer card? I had hoped to travel this year, but obviously haven't. My AF is about to post. Should I keep it for one more year?

Okay I've been MIA and I feel like I'm slacking with no spend to be met. So let's play, what card should I get next please :) I've gone back and read a little and I see Chase isn't necessarily playing nice w/ Biz cards these days. That said, I've had a legit business checking account with them for 14 years, and have had a legit business for those 14 years too. I also have like 57 bank accounts with Chase (okay really only 9) so I would like to think they like me, LOL.

4/20- Bank Americard (need to transfer my balances back to a $0/0% card)
1/20 - CIP #1 and only
10/19 Hilton Biz
6/19 AA Citi Biz #2 (never got the bonus) and likely closing
4/19 Delta Gold Biz
1/19 Amex Everyday (for the $0/0% offer they had)
12/18 Aspire (which I closed)
10/18 Chase IHG
10/18 AA Citi Biz #1 (already closed)
(Also have Surpass, AAviator, Freedom, CSR, DiscoverIT)

I should be under 5/24 again (sitting at 4/24). I have the CSR (10/2016) which I'll likely downgrade because I don't see the $550 being worth it, that will be in October.

I've been thinking about getting the free Hilton card (assuming Amex doesn't hate me right now). I have the Surpass (which I likely will cancel in October, had since 2017). I'll probably keep the Hilton Biz (or Surpass is there a reason for Biz vs Personal?).
Is a CIP#2 a no go anymore? Is it worth getting a CIU/CIC solo, or should I just PC the CIP to the CIU/CIC later?
I've thought about the "free" IHG card as well as I can use those points when I vaca w/ the kids in NC.
Another option would be a personal AA Citi for those points. I have the AAviator (personal) I've given up on trying to get a biz version of that. I think I've had 3 or 4 denials.

Anything else you'd suggest? SW cards don't do much for me out of DTW, since very few direct flight where I go. And since I'm dating a pilot now (granted he flies for Spirit) I'm hoping I can fly free a lot more often anyways, LOL. I rarely go places with Hyatts right now. And I left the Marriott family when it switched to Bonvoy and my Starwoods biz card AF went up (not opposed but became a Hilton girl). I'd love to get the kids to Hawaii (was supposed to be 2021 on a cruise w/ like 5 families, don't think we'll be doing that). The other thing lurking is Ireland for St. Patrick's Day 2023 (my shamrock's 18th bday, always promised her she can celebrate it there).

I have:
290K UR
378K Hilton
55k AA
15k IHG
121K Delta
16k MR

I'm not gonna be able to help with next card choices (because I really only know CIP).
But I figured out why you've been MIA :D Congratulations!

HA HA! Well I wish! More so getting my classes online and teaching online. And also making sure my kids are doing their own school work. Sucks that everything is shutdown (though slowly starting to open back up). He hasn't had to fly in months, and I've been home too. I'd love to be using all this time to travel! Grrrrrr. Especially considering MI can't make up it's mind which season it wants!

Thank you. I looked. It's the travel bank card? I actually need to call, right?

yes, you would need to call. now that i think about it, u can also try asking for a retention. but yeah, i "think" its the travel bank card.
can confirm, my friend recently product changed to that card after she discovered how great UR cards were. lol

Okay I've been MIA and I feel like I'm slacking with no spend to be met. So let's play, what card should I get next please :) I've gone back and read a little and I see Chase isn't necessarily playing nice w/ Biz cards these days. That said, I've had a legit business checking account with them for 14 years, and have had a legit business for those 14 years too. I also have like 57 bank accounts with Chase (okay really only 9) so I would like to think they like me, LOL.

4/20- Bank Americard (need to transfer my balances back to a $0/0% card)
1/20 - CIP #1 and only
10/19 Hilton Biz
6/19 AA Citi Biz #2 (never got the bonus) and likely closing
4/19 Delta Gold Biz
1/19 Amex Everyday (for the $0/0% offer they had)
12/18 Aspire (which I closed)
10/18 Chase IHG
10/18 AA Citi Biz #1 (already closed)
(Also have Surpass, AAviator, Freedom, CSR, DiscoverIT)

I should be under 5/24 again (sitting at 4/24). I have the CSR (10/2016) which I'll likely downgrade because I don't see the $550 being worth it, that will be in October.

I've been thinking about getting the free Hilton card (assuming Amex doesn't hate me right now). I have the Surpass (which I likely will cancel in October, had since 2017). I'll probably keep the Hilton Biz (or Surpass is there a reason for Biz vs Personal?).
Is a CIP#2 a no go anymore? Is it worth getting a CIU/CIC solo, or should I just PC the CIP to the CIU/CIC later?
I've thought about the "free" IHG card as well as I can use those points when I vaca w/ the kids in NC.
Another option would be a personal AA Citi for those points. I have the AAviator (personal) I've given up on trying to get a biz version of that. I think I've had 3 or 4 denials.

Anything else you'd suggest? SW cards don't do much for me out of DTW, since very few direct flight where I go. And since I'm dating a pilot now (granted he flies for Spirit) I'm hoping I can fly free a lot more often anyways, LOL. I rarely go places with Hyatts right now. And I left the Marriott family when it switched to Bonvoy and my Starwoods biz card AF went up (not opposed but became a Hilton girl). I'd love to get the kids to Hawaii (was supposed to be 2021 on a cruise w/ like 5 families, don't think we'll be doing that). The other thing lurking is Ireland for St. Patrick's Day 2023 (my shamrock's 18th bday, always promised her she can celebrate it there).

I have:
290K UR
378K Hilton
55k AA
15k IHG
121K Delta
16k MR

Why not grab a Amex MR Business card? Build those MRs?

yes, you would need to call. now that i think about it, u can also try asking for a retention. but yeah, i "think" its the travel bank card.
can confirm, my friend recently product changed to that card after she discovered how great UR cards were. lol
They do suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter