I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to suggest this! I don't like giving new moms advice, but this is honestly something I think everyone should try! At that age, I would try some kind of wrap, like a Moby, but when my dd grew out if hers we went with lillebaby carriers.
When she was restless I would walk around with her and just sing anything, and the combo of being so close to me and hearing/feeling the vibrations from my voice would put her to sleep quickly almost every single time. This worked for years. I finally stopped carrying her last year when she was 4.

An added bonus, it's harder for strangers to reach out and try to touch the kiddos.
We actually have two different carriers. We haven’t used them much with him though. I’ve been having back pain so I was waiting for that to get better first. It’s been feeling a lot better lately so I might try carrying him in it. He’s asleep right now but grunting like crazy. It’s either gas or his infection

We actually have two different carriers. We haven’t used them much with him though. I’ve been having back pain so I was waiting for that to get better first. It’s been feeling a lot better lately so I might try carrying him in it. He’s asleep right now but grunting like crazy. It’s either gas or his infection

If he is still on antibiotics they can be causing stomach upset. I would agree with others that he may be hitting a growth spurt. The breast milk is way easier on the lining of his intestines than any formula and has prebiotics that can help replace intestinal flora that the antibiotics may have killed.

I’ve left the state! Haven’t been farther than the grocery store in forever. Driving 7 hours today and 7 hours back home tomorrow to finally move DD out of her dorm. So absolutely nothing fun, but excited to be out. May change my mind tomorrow night on how exciting this is after so many hours in the car. Lol We were supposed to be in Puerto Rico this week as other DDs graduation trip. 😢

So sorry, Erika! Good luck with your grocery shopping! I remember when that was happening in Baltimore. We were on a Disney cruise and saw it on the news and it was utter chaos. Our police just standing there watching stores get looted and vandalized. It was surreal.

Stay safe!
So I went to Walmart, I cannot stand Walmart, only to find out, Target is OPEN!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR. The list of stores closed was completely inaccurate.

If he is still on antibiotics they can be causing stomach upset. I would agree with others that he may be hitting a growth spurt. The breast milk is way easier on the lining of his intestines than any formula and has prebiotics that can help replace intestinal flora that the antibiotics may have killed.
He’s never had formula before.

@WVMomof3 I have a question I'm hoping you may be able to help me with. Since 2 of our booked Air Canada flights have been cancelled (to go back to Toronto), dd and I have decided to drive (with the added bonus that she will have my car to drive there for as long as she needs it). First stop on the road will be Savannah, GA and I have booked the Perry Lane. Second stop will be somewhere in WV. Currently I have targeted Roanoke (Stonewall Resort), but I would like to drive further north that day. Do you know where would a good place to stop for the night would be? I'd like a nice dog friendly hotel with good restaurants close by. Any help you can offer is much appreciated!

soooo (and this is me being dense,my specialty) we get the 5x points, how does the cash out work? only on the amount spent? what about the other 4 points per dollar? If I spend $100, I get how many UR,and how much if I cash out that purchase?
This is my ASSUMPTION only. The $300 travel credit is applied automatically, you have no choice with that. So the following is only for those who have used up their $300. With similar eraser cards such as the Capitol One Venture, you earn the rewards then go back and say, 'use 10,000 points to erase this $100 charge'. Again, still conjecture, on CSR you spend $100 on groceries and earn 500 UR's. It would take 6667 UR's to erase that $100 if you choose to. Presumably you could use the 500 you earned on the groceries to erase $7.50 of the grocery charge. It just shows up as a statement credit, like any other payment. I don't think it has any effect on the 5X you earned on the purchase. (It's early and my math could be wrong, but that is the idea I think.)

Last edited:
Don’t remind me. I’m just sad thinking about DS leaving to go off to college. We love having DS with us. And now I owe him a darn pug because he won the bet so I’ll be stuck with a dog.

I caved when DS was 14. Looking back it would have been smarter to get our pug when he was younger. Oh well, I never wanted a dog but I adore this pug. Maybe you will end up loving the dog.

Attachments

• 6D3E37CE-D57E-42CE-9AEE-D91449CC8945.jpeg
    6D3E37CE-D57E-42CE-9AEE-D91449CC8945.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 23
  • 2CB7CA47-2D73-4272-B75A-762940BE5257.jpeg
    2CB7CA47-2D73-4272-B75A-762940BE5257.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 23
@WVMomof3 I have a question I'm hoping you may be able to help me with. Since 2 of our booked Air Canada flights have been cancelled (to go back to Toronto), dd and I have decided to drive (with the added bonus that she will have my car to drive there for as long as she needs it). First stop on the road will be Savannah, GA and I have booked the Perry Lane. Second stop will be somewhere in WV. Currently I have targeted Roanoke (Stonewall Resort), but I would like to drive further north that day. Do you know where would a good place to stop for the night would be? I'd like a nice dog friendly hotel with good restaurants close by. Any help you can offer is much appreciated!

I can’t think of anything else that would be on caliber with the Stonewall. I’ve never been, but I’ve heard nice things about it. If you want further north, your next bet would be Morgantown. Home of me. Lol. Also home to West Virginia University so tons of hotel options. I would recommend maybe the Marriott Waterfront. It is within walking distance of several restaurants. Dog friendly on the decks. But I am not sure if the hotel is. We really don’t have anything on par with Stonewall. If you don’t want that then I’d say your next option would be Pittsburgh, either North Shore or possibly Station Square. Again, not resorts but Pittsburgh is a cool city if you’ve never been. I have no idea what is open hotel wise right now.

And now just realized I forgot the tooth fairy...but saved just in time since she woke up, came out, announced she forgot tooth fairy but had to pee first. $10 cash richer since the usual Disney gift card seems an insult at this point.
I forgot the tooth fairy once and felt terrible. Fortunately it worked out because the tooth moved during the night. DS was very upset thinking that the tooth fairy took his tooth and left him nothing. I was able to convince him that his gift must have fallen. I covertly grabbed some money and he searched under his bed. I located the tooth, replaced it with the money, and he found it a few minutes later. Whew.

I forgot the tooth fairy once and felt terrible. Fortunately it worked out because the tooth moved during the night. DS was very upset thinking that the tooth fairy took his tooth and left him nothing. I was able to convince him that his gift must have fallen. I covertly grabbed some money and he searched under his bed. I located the tooth, replaced it with the money, and he found it a few minutes later. Whew.
Been there done that!

... And now just realized I forgot the tooth fairy...but saved just in time since she woke up, came out, announced she forgot tooth fairy but had to pee first. $10 cash richer since the usual Disney gift card seems an insult at this point. :)
Been there done that!
We forgot once too. DD came out complaining. Later I snuck in, pulled blankets toward the floor and hid a dollar behind the blanket on the floor. Later told her to clean up her room, and eventually she came out with the find. Must have been pulled off the bed by the blanket :confused3

I caved when DS was 14. Looking back it would have been smarter to get our pug when he was younger. Oh well, I never wanted a dog but I adore this pug. Maybe you will end up loving the dog.
OMG, that’s the exact pug DS wants! I guess you aren’t in the MD area to let me know where you got him.

DS and his BFF have started a summer book club and are committed to reading 6 books (Lord of the Flies, Catcher and the Rye, After the Shot Drops, The Hunger Games series and Chains) and their incentive is that they will get to meet at one of the houses to discuss it and then get to play together afterwards. The other mom is a middle school principal and she thinks this is a great idea! DS’s history teacher had told them on the last day of class that reading is the greatest success factor for college. So we are following his advice!

Last edited:
Can someone check my thinking please . . .

I have a CSR. DH has a Freedom with an anniversary date in early Sept. He has already spent the $1,500 in grocery spend for this quarter, so I’m thinking about having him upgrade to a CSR. The CSR annual fee should be prorated, so less than $200. He should be able to use the $300 travel credit immediately, correct?

If he does this, I would downgrade my CSR prior to the annual fee. As long as I keep my CIP (to keep portal access), my existing hotel and car reservations booked with CSR URs will remain intact right (even thoI booked at 1.5x but now only hold a CIP that redeems at 1.25x)?

I’m thinking that if DH upgrades to the CSR, we’ll come out ahead plus we can get another $1,500 of grocery purchases at 5x (for June) and the ability to cash in for at least that $1,500 and maybe even the $1,500 May grocery spend from when it was a Freedom. That last part is a big maybe though.

Thoughts?

Edited: I should add that DH isn’t eligible to apply for a new CSR again until Nov(ish).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter