I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Dh is starting to get really angry with him because he won’t sleep and nothing is calming him down. He’s not continuously crying but isn’t content either. He’s really squirmy and keeps smacking his lips. We’ve been feeding him so much today and he still wants more. He hasn’t spit up once. I’m just hoping I can pump enough to keep up with him or we might have to supplement with formula
Haley, it's easy to get frustrated when you're tired, as I'm sure you and your DH are. That can affect your milk supply as well. If you need to use formula, it's not a terrible thing, and Elliot will be ok with it. Do you have a little bouncy thing, or can you rock him to sleep in his car seat? What about playing some music and 'dancing' with him to calm him down? You and DH might have to take turns taking a walk outside just to get away for some peace and quiet.

You and DH might have to take turns taking a walk outside just to get away for some peace and quiet.

Or pitch a tent out there and take a nap lol. I remember those first few months with my first very well (and it was almost 23 years ago). He cried constantly at night - until approximately 4:00am. I thought I was gonna LOSE. MY. MIND. The sleep deprivation made it so much worse. It gets easier @Haley R. Hang in there.

Yeah Dh is starting to get really angry with him because he won’t sleep and nothing is calming him down. He’s not continuously crying but isn’t content either. He’s really squirmy and keeps smacking his lips. We’ve been feeding him so much today and he still wants more. He hasn’t spit up once. I’m just hoping I can pump enough to keep up with him or we might have to supplement with formula
Agree with everyone else - If either of you feel you are getting angry, take a break, go for a drive, go for a walk, get fresh air...I didn't have my dh at home anytime beyond the first week and my first was so hard (ties with my 3rd baby and why there is no #5 - I discovered the pattern lol). Anyways, there were times I had to just walk outside and leave her in a safe place in the house and get a breather for myself.

And if you need to give him some formula, it's fine! You've been doing an amazing job keeping up with this little guy!

Haley, it's easy to get frustrated when you're tired, as I'm sure you and your DH are. That can affect your milk supply as well. If you need to use formula, it's not a terrible thing, and Elliot will be ok with it. Do you have a little bouncy thing, or can you rock him to sleep in his car seat? What about playing some music and 'dancing' with him to calm him down? You and DH might have to take turns taking a walk outside just to get away for some peace and quiet.
I keep telling Dh we can give him formula to help fill him up a little more but he still hasn’t. I have an oversupply of breastmilk so he’d rather use that first which I understand. We have a nice freezer stash going that we can always use. I’m currently producing more than DS needs thankfully. We have a swing that we use and it sometimes works. He doesn’t fall asleep in his car seat or on walks. Sometimes we place him in his boppy on the couch and that helps. The last couple of nights nothing has really helped him though. That’s why I’m wondering if he’s going through a growth spurt. I actually did take a walk tonight just to get some fresh air.

Last edited:
Or pitch a tent out there and take a nap lol. I remember those first few months with my first very well (and it was almost 23 years ago). He cried constantly at night - until approximately 4:00am. I thought I was gonna LOSE. MY. MIND. The sleep deprivation made it so much worse. It gets easier @Haley R. Hang in there.
Agree with everyone else - If either of you feel you are getting angry, take a break, go for a drive, go for a walk, get fresh air...I didn't have my dh at home anytime beyond the first week and my first was so hard (ties with my 3rd baby and why there is no #5 - I discovered the pattern lol). Anyways, there were times I had to just walk outside and leave her in a safe place in the house and get a breather for myself.

And if you need to give him some formula, it's fine! You've been doing an amazing job keeping up with this little guy!
The good thing is he isn’t crying constantly. It’s not like he has colic or if he does it’s very mild in my opinion. There were a couple of days when I started pumping that he slept for 5 hours at night but that hasn’t happened again for awhile. He’s just been really needy lately. We’ll make sure he’s fed, changed his diaper, and burped him but he still is fussy. He makes more like grunting sounds than crying but if we ignore it for too long he’ll start to cry. I’m really hoping it’s a growth spurt and it goes away soon.

The good thing is he isn’t crying constantly. It’s not like he has colic or if he does it’s very mild in my opinion. There were a couple of days when I started pumping that he slept for 5 hours at night but that hasn’t happened again for awhile. He’s just been really needy lately. We’ll make sure he’s fed, changed his diaper, and burped him but he still is fussy. He makes more like grunting sounds than crying but if we ignore it for too long he’ll start to cry. I’m really hoping it’s a growth spurt and it goes away soon.
It does sound like a growth spurt to me. It is exhausting, it’s one of the things I remember most about my kids when they were babies. None of them slept well. But as he grows and gets older he will sleep more. ((Hugs))

6 weeks is generally the peak of fussiness. There’s also a huge growth spurt around that time too.

Do you nurse too or just pump and bottle feed? I feel like mine always settled better with nursing. Do you use a pacifier? Sometimes they just need to comfort suck.

Try a baby baby carrier if you have one. Doesn’t get you sleep really but sometimes it can help settle them and give you back your arms.

My reading of it is that you would not get the 5X for the $300 that would be wiped out by the travel credit, but should get 5X for other grocery purchases in June. Hard to say for sure. My plan is to switch to CSR for groceries in June (have already used the travel credit) for the 5X and 1.5 redemption, then just go back to using CSR in restaurants for the usual 3X and take advantage of 1.5 redemption for those charges.
soooo (and this is me being dense,my specialty) we get the 5x points, how does the cash out work? only on the amount spent? what about the other 4 points per dollar? If I spend $100, I get how many UR,and how much if I cash out that purchase?

Oh my goodness, they closed pretty much all the Targets in our state, after last nights riots. That is where I grocery shop and was going to this morning. This really messes me up, I don't know the layouts of any other stores, it's going to take me twice as long.

I know some of you will enjoy this. I’ve been eating tons of pop tarts since ds was born because they’re easy to eat with one hand. I’ve been scarfing them down lol
It's frustrating,trying to figure out what an infant needs.... he may need to suck more, not necessarily eat. That's why some babies need a pacifier or they find their thumb.... sometimes that can help between feedings...

Oh my goodness, they closed pretty much all the Targets in our state, after last nights riots. That is where I grocery shop and was going to this morning. This really messes me up, I don't know the layouts of any other stores, it's going to take me twice as long.
So sorry, Erika! Good luck with your grocery shopping! I remember when that was happening in Baltimore. We were on a Disney cruise and saw it on the news and it was utter chaos. Our police just standing there watching stores get looted and vandalized. It was surreal.

Stay safe!

6 weeks is generally the peak of fussiness. There’s also a huge growth spurt around that time too.

Do you nurse too or just pump and bottle feed? I feel like mine always settled better with nursing. Do you use a pacifier? Sometimes they just need to comfort suck.

Try a baby baby carrier if you have one. Doesn’t get you sleep really but sometimes it can help settle them and give you back your arms.
He’s 5 weeks old today. I mainly only bottle feed because he doesn’t nurse well. We’re only nursing once a day to hopefully help him remember how to latch until we take him to an ENT. They’re going to check for a tongue tie. When I do nurse him it doesn’t go well so the bottle is actually better for us. We started using a pacifier. If he eats 4 ounces we give him the pacifier for a bit and wait to see if he’s still hungry. Sometimes it puts him to sleep but lately he just wants to eat more.

It's frustrating,trying to figure out what an infant needs.... he may need to suck more, not necessarily eat. That's why some babies need a pacifier or they find their thumb.... sometimes that can help between feedings...
We always try a pacifier after 4 ounces. Sometimes he’ll take it and it helps him sleep but other times it just falls out nonstop and he gets upset. We usually wait 15 minutes and if he still looks hungry then we give him more

I was just going to suggest this! I don't like giving new moms advice, but this is honestly something I think everyone should try! At that age, I would try some kind of wrap, like a Moby, but when my dd grew out if hers we went with lillebaby carriers.
When she was restless I would walk around with her and just sing anything, and the combo of being so close to me and hearing/feeling the vibrations from my voice would put her to sleep quickly almost every single time. This worked for years. I finally stopped carrying her last year when she was 4.

An added bonus, it's harder for strangers to reach out and try to touch the kiddos.

I have been trying to stay somewhat up on this thread but not a lot to say lately.

Taking advantage of Amex’s 6 months to make the spend for applications in by the end of the month I have gotten both DH and I Biz Plat’s and Charles Schwab Plat’s so we can cash out the MR points. So all about Amex lately since Chase has effectively derailed any plans with them.

I missed my spring break trip and then scheduled WDW for April, May, June, August, September 6 trips. I am feeling more than a little bitter about Disney right now but Delta has been awesome. Straight refunded and extended companion certificates. For my June trip I called last weekend and no problem without charge they moved my June flights for all five of us to October (to tickets that were double the cost of what I paid for June). Of course now with the Disney announcements I am wondering if October is too soon to try to go back. Having AP’s and DVC with Disney has been more of a source of stress than anything.

And now just realized I forgot the tooth fairy...but saved just in time since she woke up, came out, announced she forgot tooth fairy but had to pee first. $10 cash richer since the usual Disney gift card seems an insult at this point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter