I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No GFSs in VA unfortunately. 50 lbs. of bread flour is a lot! And lol on the instacart shopper:)
I shared with coworkers and my sister but still have 25# left. I need to make more bagels but I hate baking when it's 90 outside.
I
FYI - The following perks are temporarily being added to the CSR between July 1 and September 30, 2020:
  • Earn 5x Ultimate Rewards points with Instacart, on up to $3,000 of spending
  • Earn 5x Ultimate Rewards points at gas stations, on up to $1,500 of spending
  • Earn 10x Ultimate Rewards points with select streaming services, on up to $1,500 of spending
  • Receive up to $50 in statement credits towards an Instacart Express membership
https://onemileatatime.com/chase-sapphire-bonus-categories-instacart-credit/
Almost makes me wish I'd kept CSR instead of PCing to CSP. DH is not driving but I still go to work, so CSP benefits will get used. Plus the Instacart membership is great. I've been paying monthly so next month I'll pay for the yearly. DH approved for BCP yesterday so most groceries will go on that.
Am I too late to PC my CSR? Is it 30 days from when the AF hits or when the statement closes? The AF hit earlier in June and the statement closed a few days ago before I made up my mind what to do with it. And when does the $300 travel credit reset? I've had the card for 2 years now and DH has not yet gotten a Sapphire card, so I was going to PC mine and have him apply for a CSR. We haven't done much churning since all this crazy started.
My CSR AF hit in February, thought we'd be traveling a lot this year so paid it. Fast forward to April, all our plans canceled and no new plans being made so I called to PC to CSP. To my surprise, the entire $450 AF was credited in April, though backdated to Feb 1.
As for the travel credit, on your rewards page it should show your dashboard and when your TC resets (and how much you've used.)

I just looked on my CSR statement and all of my recent grocery trips had a posted date one day after the transaction date. So that means I am out of luck on the 5X bonus, correct? Chase uses the posted date for this?
I found the answer, lol. I just read the fine print on my email from Chase regarding the 5X grocery bonus... it says "Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period." Looks like I am headed to the grocery store tonight to stock up!!

I shared with coworkers and my sister but still have 25# left. I need to make more bagels but I hate baking when it's 90 outside.
I
Almost makes me wish I'd kept CSR instead of PCing to CSP. DH is not driving but I still go to work, so CSP benefits will get used. Plus the Instacart membership is great. I've been paying monthly so next month I'll pay for the yearly. DH approved for BCP yesterday so most groceries will go on that.

My CSR AF hit in February, thought we'd be traveling a lot this year so paid it. Fast forward to April, all our plans canceled and no new plans being made so I called to PC to CSP. To my surprise, the entire $450 AF was credited in April, though backdated to Feb 1.
As for the travel credit, on your rewards page it should show your dashboard and when your TC resets (and how much you've used.)
Thanks!

Ugh. Youtube TV is raising its price 30%!
I know, I think we paid $35 when I first got it. I do really like it, but at $65 I think I could get a bundle with cable/internet for the same price. I have Google Play gift cards to pay through December, so I guess I'll have to figure out what I'll do then.

Have any of you been successful calling Disney about a refund for APs? We bought ours from Sam's Club and they told me they can't do a refund since Disney is extending passes. I thought I'd call Disney to see if they can do anything for us, but every number I call says the lines are full. I can't even get put on hold.
Today was a big day for the Disney phone CMs. Dining reservations opened today for those who had reservations cancelled during the closure period and there were a lot of glitches, so many people- myself included- spent hours on the phone on hold today trying to get our reservations. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and you’ll be able to get through.

I found the answer, lol. I just read the fine print on my email from Chase regarding the 5X grocery bonus... it says "Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date

beyond the offer period." Looks like I am headed to the grocery store tonight to stock up!!
I hope! I had a grocery pick up this morning.

Ugh. Youtube TV is raising its price 30%!

Pretty much figured this was going to happen soon, They got a good user base off of cable now they can pull the same tricks the cable companies used for years. There were also some players drop out so the competition didn't force them to keep decent pricing. Really wish you could opt out of those 8 new channels for the old price, we don't watch them.

My trip to Myrtle Beach in two weeks is officially cancelled due to rising case counts and a pregnant sister-in-law in our travel party. Without our travel companions along, the trip loses some appeal.

My goal right now is to live the most normal life possible. I don’t see how Myrtle fits that right now given how it will impact our ability to see friends and family for 14 days when we return. AND to properly distance down there we’d have to skip out on so many things we enjoy (the beach is actually low on the list of things important to us there). So the Myrtle we’d be visiting would NOT be “normal” and probably not be worth the $$ spent.

I’m actually not sad... perhaps it’s because I realized we should cancel days ago and already accepted that. When we got home from Captiva I actually packed away all of the beach stuff... and if I knew I was going to Myrtle I shouldn’t have done that because it was a lot of work to pack it up properly.

I messaged our Airbnb host and in a remarkable showing of generosity, she offered to refund in full. We're out some Airbnb fees (unless I can get them to do something about that) BUT that's a much better option than spending hundreds of dollars more on restaurants, food, parking, etc. for a trip that wouldn't have lived up to it's potential.

EDIT: I've had multiple trips NOT happen so far in the past 3 months because of COVID but none of them were ever booked. This is the first one I've actually had to cancel and unwind. The good news is, I'm 100% at peace with this decision. I'm very glad we got to go to paradise last week though! Losing that one would've been much harder to stomach.

Of course...because I was thinking of trying it.
Lol, we had just decided a couple of weeks ago to get rid of sling and sign up for YT tv. We've been too busy to do it though and now I'm so glad we hadn't. No way, no how, am I paying $65 a month. Sling is $30 and we're 98% happy with what we get. Now I am worried they will go up....If so, we will be cutting that cord too...!

Snagged the Park Hyatt Kyoto for next May and now I'm off to book three nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. Currently they want 80k points a night for a standard king room with an ocean view...seems a bit steep when I saw the same rooms going for around 55k/night not too long ago. We have shifted our itinerary so we now arrive on a Saturday so I guess that has something to do with it? What do y'all think - hold off on booking and hope the price drops some or just go ahead and book now to lock it in? I have no other plans for my Hilton points right now but I'm sure I could come up with something!

I decided to be the brave datapoint I wished to see in the world and figured out a workaround, so I'm now all set. The only thing left to book is our hotel in Tokyo at the beginning of our trip, and I'm going to wait until we have more Hyatt points since there are plenty of options we'd be happy with. I don't know what I'll do with myself after that except obsessively re-work our itineraries

Last edited:
Curious if anyone has a young adult/college student who has gotten approved for a CSP? DD20 was denied again tonight. This is the second time she has applied. She's been approved for a Discover IT right at 18yo and then a CFU 6 mos later. Then, she got a CIP :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1Her income is 16k a year and credit score is 780. I don't understand why she continues to be denied a CSP.

Uhhh....this is freaky... I have a SW flight booked over Labor Day weekend for Houston - Detroit. I just got an email “confirming our changes” and our new flight r is for Seattle - Ontario, Canada! All our other information is there and it shows up in my RR account. I haven’t touched my SW account in weeks and obviously can’t call at 1:30 am to figure out what is going on. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Uhhh....this is freaky... I have a SW flight booked over Labor Day weekend for Houston - Detroit. I just got an email “confirming our changes” and our new flight r is for Seattle - Ontario, Canada! All our other information is there and it shows up in my RR account. I haven’t touched my SW account in weeks and obviously can’t call at 1:30 am to figure out what is going on. Has anyone dealt with this before?
I have not had this happen but if you are awake, give them a call. I bet someone answers.

Today was a big day for the Disney phone CMs. Dining reservations opened today for those who had reservations cancelled during the closure period and there were a lot of glitches, so many people- myself included- spent hours on the phone on hold today trying to get our reservations. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and you’ll be able to get through.
Ah okay. I haven’t been following anything disney related lately so I didn’t know that was going on. We’ve been really busy with the baby and my parents visiting

My trip to Myrtle Beach in two weeks is officially cancelled due to rising case counts and a pregnant sister-in-law in our travel party. Without our travel companions along, the trip loses some appeal.

My goal right now is to live the most normal life possible. I don’t see how Myrtle fits that right now given how it will impact our ability to see friends and family for 14 days when we return. AND to properly distance down there we’d have to skip out on so many things we enjoy (the beach is actually low on the list of things important to us there). So the Myrtle we’d be visiting would NOT be “normal” and probably not be worth the $$ spent.

I’m actually not sad... perhaps it’s because I realized we should cancel days ago and already accepted that. When we got home from Captiva I actually packed away all of the beach stuff... and if I knew I was going to Myrtle I shouldn’t have done that because it was a lot of work to pack it up properly.

I messaged our Airbnb host and in a remarkable showing of generosity, she offered to refund in full. We're out some Airbnb fees (unless I can get them to do something about that) BUT that's a much better option than spending hundreds of dollars more on restaurants, food, parking, etc. for a trip that wouldn't have lived up to it's potential.

EDIT: I've had multiple trips NOT happen so far in the past 3 months because of COVID but none of them were ever booked. This is the first one I've actually had to cancel and unwind. The good news is, I'm 100% at peace with this decision. I'm very glad we got to go to paradise last week though! Losing that one would've been much harder to stomach.
I hear you on all this (well,I didn't get to go to Captiva last weekend lol) I've had to come to terms so many times in all of this about traveling.... but the good news is I'm planning on being the queen of local day trips this summer, so I intend to explore a lot more locally than I have in many years...(And I love where I live, it's very pretty!)
...ETA..... I've had to def. readjust some of my online reading too,I never realized how much of it revolved around travel and 'the game'....which I am currently not playing. I feel kind of bad for my ds, who had just gotten a CIP and all those bonus points,and had to cancel all his summer planned trips so far..... he never even got the chance to redeem anything for fun before he got shut down....

I noticed a new promotion on the SW page today. Attempted to register for myself...no go. Attempted to register my DD...no go.
Anyway, it's for bonus points towards CP for using the credit card.
Register and earn up to 25,000 bonus points this year.
When you have at least 10,000 points post to your Rapid Rewards® account between 8/1/20 and 10/31/20 under the category of “Credit Card,” you’ll be eligible for a 30% bonus (up to 25,000 bonus points).
For example, if you have 3,500 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your account each month during August, September, and October, you’ll earn 3,150 bonus points from Southwest®.
Those 3,150 bonus points will count toward Companion Pass, too!

Found out yesterday DD17 needs braces...again. It’s not her fault, she’s done everything right and seen an orthodontist as scheduled, but there are issues again/still. Since it’s the second time around, insurance will likely cover nothing. I guess P2 is getting a CSP this summer after all. He hasn’t had a new card since BBP last December. We could make monthly payments to the ortho but they will give us a 15% discount if we pay up front and they don’t take Amex. This will go down at the same time we’ll be paying 2 kids’ college tuition and 1 tuition for private high school, and insurance (house and car - 5 drivers) just a few short weeks later. :scared1::faint: Sympathy likes will be gladly accepted.

I had gotten email about a 2 weeks ago that our Orlando flights were changed. I think the flight we had booked got cancelled. We got put on flights with 2 hr layover in Chicago. I called and CSR was able to get me on new flights with no additional points.

Oops, I didn’t see they changed your destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter