I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Sorry for the second post, in addition to the Saks/Paypal stack question, I was also wondering whether anyone has used the $200 off at home stores for the Platinum. Mine is supposed to come with that, but I haven't used it yet and was wondering whether it has to be furnishings or whether it can be other things (i.e. I may try the Dyson hairdryer from Bed, Bath and Beyond if that will trigger the credit).
I would imagine you can purchase anything you like with your $200 credit. I used the $100 Best Buy credit to buy home gym equipment. Worked perfectly. Again, not exactly direct experience, but thought I’d share.

I'll be honest, it's kind of a bucket list trip for DS and we've never been to Europe or flown biz class so I'm willing to use a few more miles. Plus when we fly domestic it's mostly SW, so I've been accumulating AA miles for a bigger trip. Originally was going to be China but that's not happening any time soon.

IMHO totally worth it for that kind of a trip. When we took DD to Europe for the first time it was in AA First and it was nice.

LOL I'm sure you'd be a great tour guide! Thanks for the recommendations, and the heads up on the bridges! Now I see I need to go do Google satellite view searches of our driving routes ahead of time. Yes, it will be an adventure lol. Am I nuts? A 12-day trip driving through Cleveland, Pittsburgh, University Park, Lancaster, Haverford, Swarthmore, Philadelphia, Princeton, Baltimore, College Park, and Chesapeake Bay (the last one just to relax). I've never been to any of those areas before; school visits are a good excuse to check out other parts of the country lol.

Thank you!

College trips are fun but also exhausting. I hope you have a great time with your DD. Mine spent her college years in the Philadelphia area and I can highly recommend (pre-Covid anyway) the Centurion lounge at PHL. ;)

Ah, thanks for the feedback. That makes me leery of trying it.
Out of curiosity I just checked the Saks offer fine print. Here’s a direct quote

For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

This is exactly how the Home Depot offer is worded as well, and like I said it only triggered the PayPal credit. So I’m thinking it won’t work.

Out of curiosity I just checked the Saks offer fine print. Here’s a direct quote

For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

This is exactly how the Home Depot offer is worded as well, and like I said it only triggered the PayPal credit. So I’m thinking it won’t work.
Good find. That may give them their out!

I think @Alexle2007 said it worked for her. You'd want to spend at least $80 to prevent clawback. Not that it would be hard with Saks lol.
Ah, okay, that would be a great DP. Definitely no problem spending more than $80, LOL. I just want to make sure I get the Saks credit. That's the big one. The PayPal is easier to use. I'm actually thinking I can use it for a Mother's Day gift so that will be nice.

Just realized I never used my Platinum PayPal credit for April.

Anyone have suggestions for charges they feel confident will post/earn the credit today?

Oops. Sorry for the second post, in addition to the Saks/Paypal stack question, I was also wondering whether anyone has used the $200 off at home stores for the Platinum. Mine is supposed to come with that, but I haven't used it yet and was wondering whether it has to be furnishings or whether it can be other things (i.e. I may try the Dyson hairdryer from Bed, Bath and Beyond if that will trigger the credit).
Can be anything they sell, as long as it comes from that store and not a partner or other entity. For instance, for BBB terms say:
"Purchases made at Bed Bath & Beyond are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases for porch installation service, at The Kitchen, and purchases made at buybuy BABY®, Harmon® & Harmon® FACE VALUES®, FACE VALUES and Beyond®, Christmas Tree Shops® And That!®, Cost Plus World Market®, Personalization Mall®, One Kings Lane®, Chef Central®, Decorist®, Harbor Linen®, Of A Kind®, and Bed Bath & Beyond Stationery. "

So as long as you aren't trying to get your porch installed, as that's some kind of partner service, it should work. (Side note, the things you learn reading fine print, had no idea BBB would install a porch... they're really going Beyond... :rotfl:
In seriousness I'm guessing that's supposed to be capitalized as a Name "Porch".)

We bought mulch from Home Depot. I know there's a lot of bringing the indoors out but I'm not starting the "outdoors in" trend. Got the credit no problem.

Anyone have suggestions for charges they feel confident will post/earn the credit today?
I'd forgotten about part of DH's credit for April and I reloaded a Starbucks card on 4/28. The charge is still showing as pending. Usually it takes at least a couple days, but I guess worse case it just goes against May?
Can be anything they sell, as long as it comes from that store and not a partner or other entity. For instance, for BBB terms say:
"Purchases made at Bed Bath & Beyond are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases for porch installation service, at The Kitchen, and purchases made at buybuy BABY®, Harmon® & Harmon® FACE VALUES®, FACE VALUES and Beyond®, Christmas Tree Shops® And That!®, Cost Plus World Market®, Personalization Mall®, One Kings Lane®, Chef Central®, Decorist®, Harbor Linen®, Of A Kind®, and Bed Bath & Beyond Stationery. "

So as long as you aren't trying to get your porch installed, as that's some kind of partner service, it should work. (Side note, the things you learn reading fine print, had no idea BBB would install a porch... they're really going Beyond... :rotfl:
In seriousness I'm guessing that's supposed to be capitalized as a Name "Porch".)

We bought mulch from Home Depot. I know there's a lot of bringing the indoors out but I'm not starting the "outdoors in" trend. Got the credit no problem.
Awesome, thanks so much. I couldn't figure out where to find the fine print for this offer. I can't find it on my card's page. I know I signed up through a link that had that though so I'm assuming it's on there.

Reload starbucks through the app. Not sure if there are other ones you could do.

Booked our activities for Kauai in July. Trip feels more real now. I wasn't going to book this soon, but the Napali coast boat tour I was looking at had one price on the landing page and a cheaper price after clicking in. Made me wonder if they were getting ready to up the price. The company I was originally going to go with already increased the price $50/person, which made me look elsewhere.

Then I check the ATV tour I had decided on and see that some dates/times already show sold out. So booked that too. Both are still cancellable 24/48 hours before the tour, so I figure no harm locking it in.

Awesome, thanks so much. I couldn't figure out where to find the fine print for this offer. I can't find it on my card's page. I know I signed up through a link that had that though so I'm assuming it's on there.
Should see it in your T&C document, or maybe the card member agreement. After the fee box it should outline the offer terms and the $200 statement credit info is in there.

If you're sure you signed up for that offer, here's an excerpt for the store terms -

Eligible purchases are qualifying purchases in-store, online and via mobile app at The Home Depot, Lowe's, The Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids, CB2, Anthropologie and Terrain. Only purchases made in the United States and in US dollars are eligible. Purchases of items shipped outside of the US are not eligible. Purchases at outlets and purchases of gift cards are not qualifying purchases.

• Purchases made at The Home Depot are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases made at Home Depot Foundation, Home Depot In-Home Services and Your Other Warehouse.
• Purchases made at Lowe's are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases made on a branded website that is operated by a third party on behalf of Lowe's, including but not limited to applianceparts.lowes.com, lowesstore.wgiftcard.com, blinds.lowes.com.
• Purchases made at The Container Store are qualifying purchases, excluding purchase for installation services, Contained Home organization services, and business sales invoices.
• Purchases made at Bed Bath & Beyond are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases for porch installation service, at The Kitchen, and purchases made at buybuy BABY®, Harmon® & Harmon® FACE VALUES®, FACE VALUES and Beyond®, Christmas Tree Shops® And That!®, Cost Plus World Market®, Personalization Mall®, One Kings Lane®, Chef Central®, Decorist®, Harbor Linen®, Of A Kind®, and Bed Bath & Beyond Stationery.
• Purchases made at Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids and CB2 are qualifying purchases, excluding business sales, corporate orders, physical catalog and mail orders, and gift registry.
• Purchases made at Anthropologie and Terrain are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases made at BHLDN, Free People, purchases using AfterPay financing, purchases for trade program orders, BHLDN styling services, and purchases at Terrain cafes & events.

We just got back from our WDW trip and we are tired but so happy! We've never been in the Spring before and it was really nice to have the weather be slightly cooler than our usual early September trips. Our twin girls turned 6 on Tuesday, and it was so fun celebrating their birthday at AK and them getting to ride FOP and Everest for the first time. It was also our first time flying there since we normally drive, and that's in part due to you lovely folks so a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my CC fam here! We flew on SW points and DH's CP for me. The kids all did great, and other than a delayed flight last night (they're probably falling asleep in class as I type this, oops 🤪 ) everything went really well. My picture keeps posting sideways so hopefully this link works:
Castle Pic
Aww! Perfect!

Should see it in your T&C document, or maybe the card member agreement. After the fee box it should outline the offer terms and the $200 statement credit info is in there.

If you're sure you signed up for that offer, here's an excerpt for the store terms -

Eligible purchases are qualifying purchases in-store, online and via mobile app at The Home Depot, Lowe's, The Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids, CB2, Anthropologie and Terrain. Only purchases made in the United States and in US dollars are eligible. Purchases of items shipped outside of the US are not eligible. Purchases at outlets and purchases of gift cards are not qualifying purchases.

• Purchases made at The Home Depot are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases made at Home Depot Foundation, Home Depot In-Home Services and Your Other Warehouse.
• Purchases made at Lowe's are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases made on a branded website that is operated by a third party on behalf of Lowe's, including but not limited to applianceparts.lowes.com, lowesstore.wgiftcard.com, blinds.lowes.com.
• Purchases made at The Container Store are qualifying purchases, excluding purchase for installation services, Contained Home organization services, and business sales invoices.
• Purchases made at Bed Bath & Beyond are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases for porch installation service, at The Kitchen, and purchases made at buybuy BABY®, Harmon® & Harmon® FACE VALUES®, FACE VALUES and Beyond®, Christmas Tree Shops® And That!®, Cost Plus World Market®, Personalization Mall®, One Kings Lane®, Chef Central®, Decorist®, Harbor Linen®, Of A Kind®, and Bed Bath & Beyond Stationery.
• Purchases made at Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids and CB2 are qualifying purchases, excluding business sales, corporate orders, physical catalog and mail orders, and gift registry.
• Purchases made at Anthropologie and Terrain are qualifying purchases, excluding purchases made at BHLDN, Free People, purchases using AfterPay financing, purchases for trade program orders, BHLDN styling services, and purchases at Terrain cafes & events.
Perfect, thank you so much. I suspect I threw out those docs. Maybe I'll chat with Amex and just double check.

We just got back from our WDW trip and we are tired but so happy! We've never been in the Spring before and it was really nice to have the weather be slightly cooler than our usual early September trips. Our twin girls turned 6 on Tuesday, and it was so fun celebrating their birthday at AK and them getting to ride FOP and Everest for the first time. It was also our first time flying there since we normally drive, and that's in part due to you lovely folks so a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my CC fam here! We flew on SW points and DH's CP for me. The kids all did great, and other than a delayed flight last night (they're probably falling asleep in class as I type this, oops 🤪 ) everything went really well. My picture keeps posting sideways so hopefully this link works:
Castle Pic
Super cute picture!

If we switch to mountain driving, I was in Colorado in 2019 and drove a few passes for scenic drives. I was doing Independence Pass. I had read where people had issues with it. I am driving along thinking it is not too bad, lots of switchbacks, hair pin turns and then I get closer to the top where it really does narrow to 1 or 1.5 lanes and it is not easy to see if something is coming the other way. I'll admit it was slightly white knuckles for a period. Good to do once in a lifetime!

LOVED being the passenger as we drove across Independence Pass in 2019, it does get really narrow in places and I was so glad DH was driving. I'm the one going "look at that", "stop! I need a picture of that". I'd love to go again this summer but I'm afraid he'd probably make me drive it this time.

I'm really hoping they are in the house, but I'm losing faith. I'm really not sure where they could be though. Obviously they made it into my school bag at some point. It's crap fabulous here in MI (at least today). And the BF feels he's going to get a trip tomorrow. With no soccer and no hockey, and no BF, the kids and I have nothing better to do than to gut the house and see what we find, LOL. If nothing else, I really need to clean the office yet again. I swear the damn room NEVER stays clean. It's our dumping ground.

I do remember having giftcards in my hand when I was trying to figure out if I could pay my DD's car payment w/ the VGC. And that was when I was in the office. So maybe they are in here. But my DD and I did a pretty good job looking around prior. UGH.
It's on the floor under/behind your passenger seat ... Get a flashlight and look under the passenger seat from the back door

I bit the bullet and canceled our DLR trip. So bummed, it would have been our first trip since COVID started. I really could use the distraction, work sucks and my two best work friends (and best coworkers for collab) have given their notice.
After I cancelled I used 2 of my FNC to book a Fairfield Inn in Stevens Point WI for a soccer tournament. Woo hoo.
I have a bunch of points now to book London if I get flights. Marriott seems to have only cash + points bookings. Is that normal for Europe/London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter