I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one of these for $35 awhile back. I made two $18 payments, within minutes of each other. I did get the credit, but I think it took about 30-60 days.

It's a great offer- congrats!
Thanks. Yes. This is a no-brainer. I made one of my payments yesterday and the check mark on the offer immediately turned to the turning wheel thing. Not going to wait. Going to make the other payment today.

Haha -----thanks so much! I knew I had a Home Improvement somewhere and I just couldn't click on it in my mind!

Anyway - this is my expire date

Start earning 5% total cash back​
If your business needs to spend on shipping or home improvement store purchases, you're in luck: Get bonus rewards with this exclusive offer.

Earn 5% total cash back on shipping and home improvement store purchases on up to $10,000 spent in combined purchases from June 1 – August 31, 2021, when you use your Ink Business Cash® card.1

Activate your offer by August 31 — then earn bonus rewards when you use your card for shipping and home improvement store purchases.​
where did you see this? email?

I was going to spend $400 at Costco today but fortunately the $200 visa gift cards are fee free at Staples starting tomorrow. I can wait a bit, I guess for 2000 UR's. I really need to be doing more of this with my Costco money. 5% plus 2% for black card is 7% off right away, and if I can use UR's at Hyatt in summer the value rises.

Portable dehumidifiers - Costco just sent notice of a recall. Mine is a Danby Premiere from Costco but there are many that are included. Here is a link to a list:

Dehumidifier Recall Summary_News | New Widetech Industries 威技電器

The danger is overheating and fire. Includes models from 2009 to 2017.

Mine was not working right and I had not reset, earlier this summer. It's been humid and I was about to buy a new one. So this is timely, but sorry for the people that actually had fires.

I run one in my basement as it gets a lot of moisture out of the air and my hvac isn't setup for one. Older home and hot and humid Maryland!

This includes quite an array of well known brands such as Whirlpool and others and ones sold all over at HD, Lowes and many other stores. The website offered me $80 but Costco is offering full refund - I think I paid $169 to $189 plus tax. I'll be paying more to get a new one as they are higher in price now.

I was going to spend $400 at Costco today but fortunately the $200 visa gift cards are fee free at Staples starting tomorrow. I can wait a bit, I guess for 2000 UR's. I really need to be doing more of this with my Costco money. 5% plus 2% for black card is 7% off right away, and if I can use UR's at Hyatt in summer the value rises.

#churningproblems :P
totally worth the wait though

Glad @Judique mentioned the staples deal. For some reason I thought it was for MCs. I know where I'll be tomorrow at 10 AM.

And dd is home and had a great time. Enjoying the last week with her (she'll split her time between houses).

The ex's dog went home this morning. Usually I'm sad when he leaves but this was a long six days. He actually played with the puppy this morning. But it's just too much trying to feed three dogs (and keep each one eating the right food) and trying to get the puppy outside every hour or two. And the puppy was being awful and wouldn't stop biting me yesterday. And she put a small hole in my brand new Athleta wrap. By the end of the day I was in tears.

Finally, I've been busy doing my research on vanities, sconces, vanity mirrors, faucets, etc. I'm going to have a kitchen bath company give me an estimate, then a builder, then a tile guy (would have to sub out the plumbing, electric, painting, shower door but I got a good list of contractors from a neighbor on nextdoor). I am thinking about eliminating the tub. Just trying to keep the footprint the same to avoid big expenses. And I will splurge on an oversized tile shower. I do like the Pottery Barn type vanities (although I'll probably buy one from Wayfair) but wondering if there's any downside.

Glad @Judique mentioned the staples deal. For some reason I thought it was for MCs. I know where I'll be tomorrow at 10 AM.

And dd is home and had a great time. Enjoying the last week with her (she'll split her time between houses).

The ex's dog went home this morning. Usually I'm sad when he leaves but this was a long six days. He actually played with the puppy this morning. But it's just too much trying to feed three dogs (and keep each one eating the right food) and trying to get the puppy outside every hour or two. And the puppy was being awful and wouldn't stop biting me yesterday. And she put a small hole in my brand new Athleta wrap. By the end of the day I was in tears.

Finally, I've been busy doing my research on vanities, sconces, vanity mirrors, faucets, etc. I'm going to have a kitchen bath company give me an estimate, then a builder, then a tile guy (would have to sub out the plumbing, electric, painting, shower door but I got a good list of contractors from a neighbor on nextdoor). I am thinking about eliminating the tub. Just trying to keep the footprint the same to avoid big expenses. And I will splurge on an oversized tile shower. I do like the Pottery Barn type vanities (although I'll probably buy one from Wayfair) but wondering if there's any downside.

I just spend a few months getting estimates on having our very small master bath redone..it has a single sink, corner shower and toilet….the estimates from kitchen/bath places were all over 20k, one was 30k…not doing anything fancy subway tile in the shower only.
Saw my cousin and she recommend her contractor who had just done her bathroom….love him and it’s costing 11K.
prices are definitely all over the place

I just spend a few months getting estimates on having our very small master bath redone..it has a single sink, corner shower and toilet….the estimates from kitchen/bath places were all over 20k, one was 30k…not doing anything fancy subway tile in the shower only.
Saw my cousin and she recommend her contractor who had just done her bathroom….love him and it’s costing 11K.
prices are definitely all over the place
I believe it. I figure at a minimum the kitchen/bath place will help me think through what I need.

I believe it. I figure at a minimum the kitchen/bath place will help me think through what I need.

Both of my bathrooms could use a refresh. Most of all I want the wall tile in my bath replaced, because it's a 'I don't know what I was thinking' from about 10 years ago. Floor tile is fine. Vanity was replaced 3 years ago. Toilet is fine. Bathtub and shower - here is really where I need to decide if I want to just go shower only? So, really for this bath I could do shower pan, new wall tile, and maybe some fancy shower heads. Plus paint it.

DD's bath - hmmm.....not too bad but if I do one, we'd probably do both.

Delta is back to joining SW in the flight moving game. We are booked non stop in Oct landing in MCO at 10:39. Still shows in my account. That flight however, no longer exists. It’s been replaced by a non stop landing at midnight 😞😡. Been waiting all day for the email notification or for the flight to change in my account. So far nothing.

Delta is back to joining SW in the flight moving game. We are booked non stop in Oct landing in MCO at 10:39. Still shows in my account. That flight however, no longer exists. It’s been replaced by a non stop landing at midnight 😞😡. Been waiting all day for the email notification or for the flight to change in my account. So far nothing.
Jetblue is an honorary member of that club also.

Is anyone else having issues accessing gift cards through amex? We used MRs to get Home Depot gcs and we can’t get the e-gift card wallet to load at all. It’s been like this all day. We’re trying to get some things for the yard

Disney math for the win 😂 Well we finally used our last unrestricted IHG free night certificate from the OG $49 a year IHG card. It was going to expire this month and we weren’t really traveling last year. So, my preferred use of these certificates was at The Willard in DC during cherry blossom season. It wasn’t meant to be. I initially thought to use it where we’d get the best value for it here in Florida. Going back to that nasty Crowne Plaza in Key West was out of the question. I brought up the idea of using it at the Intercontinental in Miami which is about 35 minutes from where we live and then using points for the second night. I couldn’t get out of work early on Friday so we’d be arriving in the evening. Neither PlanePrincess nor I were super excited about staying there after a year of non Disney trips in hotel rooms with a view of the beach or ocean. He said he didn’t think it would be worth it to use the certificate there when we would not get full use of the stay since I was getting home from work later and we’d be arriving in the evening. I told him if he wanted to let it expire, I was fine with that.

PlanePrincess then asks me if there’s an Intercontinental near Disney World where we can use it. I told him there was not and the nicest would be the newer Candlewood suites across the street from the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. This place is about $100ish per night. The one in Miami is about $400 per night. so definitely more bang for your buck in Miami.

He at this points derails all elements of logic and exclaims, “Oh well we’ve been to the Candlewood before and I like that place. It’s clean, conveniently located and I think we should use it there this weekend.” I’d had a craptastic work week and the virtual work conference I had just attended, sounded to me like 4 hours of reasons why I should quit my job. An escape from reality sounded good and we both tend to enable each other when it comes to all things Disney. Therefore, I of course refuse to point out that WDW is 3 hours away vs Miami at 35 minutes so we will now have even less time at the hotel since we will be arriving in Central Florida much later 🙄

The last time we were at this hotel, we had a nice standard room and instantly loved the place for WDW stays using a capped FN certificate from the IHG card. This time we were upgraded without asking into a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen! We have a view of the Grand Cypress Hyatt across the street. Even without the upgrade and factoring in the now 40k per night capped FN cert, this IHG $49 a year card remains an amazing value. We keep getting offers to upgrade it to the $89 a year card but will hold on to this one.

The weather held up last night, we had a great view of Happily Ever After and Tinkerbell flew! So Disneymath for the win!

I got back from my night in Ottawa late yesterday. It was an eventful drive for me (I cancelled my flight and drove; got a full refund for my AC flight); my transmission light came on 3/4 of the way there, which I was okay with since it was amber. Then I got a hazard message saying "restricted performance" and that scared me. I called the GM of the dealership that services our vehicles in Toronto and he told me to pull over immediately and shut off the engine for 15 minutes. Since I was on a highway in the middle of nowhere, alone, I was not keen on doing this, but he stressed that the engine was too hot to continue. So I pulled over and sat for 15 minutes -- all I can say is thank goodness for the internet because it helped the time go by quickly while cars and trucks whizzed past me. When I started up the car again the "restricted performance" light was off but the tranny light was still on, so I had the GM lookup the nearest dealership and thankfully there was one about a half hour from where I was on the highway. I called the dealership and they said they could put my car on the computer as soon as I got there to see what was wrong. The computer indicated that there were misfires on 4 of the 8 cylinders, which was causing the transmission light. They cleared the vehicle computer and the mechanic took it out for a drive while live streaming the onboard computer and he wasn't getting anything. They said without digging further into the issue I should be okay to drive back to Toronto yesterday. The dealership was brand new and had a nice waiting area with a little cafe (espresso, cookies, granola bars, soft drinks and water all free of charge) and they had the Olympics on the tv. I was there just over an hour, paid $175.00 and was on my way. Having a car breakdown in the middle of nowhere is one of my fears, so this was not a fun experience for me. Like at all. The light never came on yesterday, so I have no clue what is wrong with my car, but I am not crazy about the idea of driving it to visit dd in September (even though her university is only 2.5 hours from home versus the 4 hour drive to Ottawa).

On to the Andaz Byward Market. I booked the highest category suite for 9,000 points and US$148.00 plus US$16.00 for self-parking. I thought that this was an amazing deal and jumped on it. The location seemed ideal -- right across the street from the Byward Market (with lots of amazing restaurants, boutiques and eclectic shops) and a 10 minute walk from the Parliament Buildings, National Gallery and most of the sights one would want to see while in Ottawa (the nation's capital city). I got there just before 3 and my room was ready - yay (the guy checking in beside me wasn't so lucky)! My suite was on the top floor with an amazing view of the market and the Parliament Buildings in the background. It was not huge, but very wall laid out, nicely furnished and perfect for what I needed. My family arrived and we stayed in the room until our dinner reservations, so it was really nice to have the separate living area and powder room for them to use! I like to sleep in cold rooms (around 65 degrees), so I set the thermostat for 64 before we went to dinner. However when we got back shortly before 10 the thermostat was registering 72 and the room felt quite warm. This is one major issue that I had with the room -- it didn't feel like there was any air circulating and I had a hard time sleeping.The other issue I had with the room was the noise -- turns out one of the hottest night clubs in the city is just across the street from the hotel and it was super noisy -- screaming, yelling, cars honking, all kinds of noise. I am a very light sleeper and I could not get to sleep, between what felt like the lack of a/c and the noise (when I got up for the day the room was registering 73, despite the thermostat still showing being set for 64); I was not impressed. I won't be staying at the Andaz again for these reasons. There is a perfectly nice Westin (which I've stayed at previously) just outside of the Market district that would be much quieter (plus I can use my 35k night certificate there). I'm glad that I tried the Andaz, but I place a high priority on sleep and the noise and lack of strong a/c at the Andaz would stop me from staying there again. One other thing that I should mention is that the only USB outlet was under the tv in the living area (not ideal for charging my phone and iWatch which is also my night / alarm clock). Since the hotel is somewhat new I expected that there would be a USB outlet close to the night stands.

Ottawa is a really beautiful city with so much to see and do and I'd definitely recommend a visit if ever in the vicinity!

A few pics of the room:

hallway leading into room

powder room

Living area

wet bar (sink and coffee maker) with an island sitting area

View (you can just make out the Parliament Buildings in the distant background)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter