I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But now I use DH's resale business and get instant approval. Go figure.
My sole prop is almost all online sales and have never had an issue with instant approval. My wife has an LLC with an EIN- a website, blogs, writes books, and has had 3 other businesses with Chase that were LLCs with EINs (one was a C corp or S corp- one of those letters)- and gets a hard time on occasion. Like you said- go figure.

How to withdraw the application?

Call the recon line?

I probably won't use a support link from P2 (doesn't have any business cards). I would have P2 use a support link from P1 instead. I just didn't want to do that if the application got approved.

Hope it all goes well for you!

I just use a number on the back of any card, and get myself to someone live and usually get directed where I want to go. I know there is a recon number but I don't keep a list. Someone who knows it may come along soon and help you if that's what you decide to do.

It's great that you have viable businesses also. But, the little guy that makes the decisions at Chase based on whatever parameters that are already preset probably doesn't care one way or the other so long as you hit the marks. That's probably why so many can rinse and repeat. Supports however, generate a 1099 at I believe 6 and sometimes fewer, so I think they get a certain level of scrutiny. It's not that long ago that reddit was teaming with shutdowns both Chase and Amex. And we lost one of our own a few months ago.

It's not that long ago that reddit was teaming with shutdowns both Chase and Amex. And we lost one of our own a few months ago.
These days you can play the game- but getting too aggressive will get you sidelined. We read about others getting shutdown thinking it can never be us- but pushing the limit on MS or supports now that they are watching has me playing much more conservatively than in years past. Good to be reminded once in a while as I am pushing a bit right now trying to get these trips paid off- thanks.

My bathroom cabinets came today! Now I just need the tile guy to get me on the schedule. I'm hoping I'm not without a master bath for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I'll make do if I am. So looking forward to having an updated bathroom without a stupid tub taking up all the space.

I was checking emails and my Dad was pre-approved to "apply" for the AMEX Business Platinum card with a SUB of 150K ($15K MSR) and in a separate email he was also pre-approved to apply for the AMEX Personal Platinum with a SUB of 125K ($6k MSR).

Are these good offers? May be worth considering AFTER exhausting the Chase URs? The Business Plat email says the offer is good until 4/2022 (AF goes up in 1/2022 though). I don't see any offer expiration dates on the Personal Plat but I could be blind.

My Dad's first charge card was the AMEX Gold that he got in 1971 and has to this day. It is pretty much in the sock drawer and we just keep paying the AFs each year. We pull them out when there is a cruiseline cash back offer. Mom and I are AUs and that's why I have such a long credit history!

He does use the Amex Everyday occasionally, which has the same 1971 on the card even though he got that card much, much later.

Can the IHG free night certs be used past the expiration date? For example, I have some that expire March 2022, and want to book a hotel for June 2022. Doable if I book before they expire? Or do they have to be *used* before expiration?
Answering myself, since my question is now obsolete! Just got an email that IHG FN certs issued in 2021 will get extended expiration date to 12/31/2022!! Yippee!! This helps me out a ton as I have two certs expiring in March that I had no use for yet.

I was checking emails and my Dad was pre-approved to "apply" for the AMEX Business Platinum card with a SUB of 150K ($15K MSR) and in a separate email he was also pre-approved to apply for the AMEX Personal Platinum with a SUB of 125K ($6k MSR).

Are these good offers? May be worth considering AFTER exhausting the Chase URs? The Business Plat email says the offer is good until 4/2022 (AF goes up in 1/2022 though). I don't see any offer expiration dates on the Personal Plat but I could be blind.

My Dad's first charge card was the AMEX Gold that he got in 1971 and has to this day. It is pretty much in the sock drawer and we just keep paying the AFs each year. We pull them out when there is a cruiseline cash back offer. Mom and I are AUs and that's why I have such a long credit history!

He does use the Amex Everyday occasionally, which has the same 1971 on the card even though he got that card much, much later.

The biz plat is a good offer, though you might be able to pull it up via support. Any non-cobranded Amex can support to any Amex card (personal or business). Though supports are a bit weird at the moment, you get 4x spend on the card you supported from. Except if you support from a biz plat, that comes with 15k plus the 4x. So how valuable it is just depends on how much spend you want to put on the card.

If you do decide you want to go through a support, you might need to try different things to pull up the 150k offer. Like different browsers, devices, incognito or not, VPN, etc.

The biz plat won't add to you dad's 5/24 and since he's an existing customer, probably won't even get a hard pull. So it has no bearing on what he's doing with Chase. Probably more a question of when he wants to do the spend.

For the personal plat, this one is probably better if you can maximize the 15x. I think it's not available via support.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...hop-small-restaurant-for-6-months-resy-offer/

So, does any card offer any type of protection if a hotel is not "up to standards"? If I feel the need to leave and not stay for my 2 night reservation and they refuse to refund me, would a dispute go in my favor. If so, would you use CSR, Surpass (Hilton hotel) or Amex Biz Plat (working on MSR)?

I have to book this hotel for a sports event and the reviews have me really not wanting to go. Normally I'd use CSR and PYB using dining charges for this stay.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice on my cash or miles question. I went ahead and rebooked with cash, and even though in this hobby we’re all about “free”, I feel much more satisfied. As most of you pointed out, I also assign a certain value on points and miles. When I saw the cash price drop that low, and for how many miles I had redeemed to book the tickets, I felt like it was better to pay cash. Thank you for reassuring me that I wasn’t crazy.

The biz plat is a good offer, though you might be able to pull it up via support. Any non-cobranded Amex can support to any Amex card (personal or business). Though supports are a bit weird at the moment, you get 4x spend on the card you supported from. Except if you support from a biz plat, that comes with 15k plus the 4x. So how valuable it is just depends on how much spend you want to put on the card.

If you do decide you want to go through a support, you might need to try different things to pull up the 150k offer. Like different browsers, devices, incognito or not, VPN, etc.

The biz plat won't add to you dad's 5/24 and since he's an existing customer, probably won't even get a hard pull. So it has no bearing on what he's doing with Chase. Probably more a question of when he wants to do the spend.

For the personal plat, this one is probably better if you can maximize the 15x. I think it's not available via support.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...hop-small-restaurant-for-6-months-resy-offer/

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Will look into this after I figure out how much MSR we really have for the Chase, i.e. if I can get the CIC approved tomorrow.

I haven't posted in awhile. After a long stretch of canceled trips I was finally able to take my kids to Hawaii early this summer and I was able to visit DD23 in France last month. We had great trips but I have burned through all my Marriott points. I have a personal card and both Amex and Chase biz cards so I can't take advantage of the current sign ups but was thinking maybe P2 could get the personal Bonvoy Boundless.
Here are his last 24 months. Thoughts? too aggressive?

Chase CIP 3/2020
Citi AA Platinum 5/2020
Citi Premier 9/2020
BoA Alaska Biz 3/2021
Chase CIP 7/27/2021
Chase CSP 9/22/2021

I haven't posted in awhile. After a long stretch of canceled trips I was finally able to take my kids to Hawaii early this summer and I was able to visit DD23 in France last month. We had great trips but I have burned through all my Marriott points. I have a personal card and both Amex and Chase biz cards so I can't take advantage of the current sign ups but was thinking maybe P2 could get the personal Bonvoy Boundless.
Here are his last 24 months. Thoughts? too aggressive?

Chase CIP 3/2020
Citi AA Platinum 5/2020
Citi Premier 9/2020
BoA Alaska Biz 3/2021
Chase CIP 7/27/2021
Chase CSP 9/22/2021

The Chase cards are rather close. Any reason why not the Amex Bonvoy biz? Same 125k bonus, $5000 spend. But you get 2 FNC instead of 1. AF only a little bit more at $125.

DH got an offer on his capital One venture card. He’ll get $100 if he adds an AU. The card is just over a year old, so I don’t want to be added. Could he add our 13-year old?

Chatted for a retention offer on Amex personal Plat. Open for just one year. After much chat banter, received 60k for $4k/3 mos. I was hoping for the 50k, so I jumped on that.

Guaranteed to renew at $550 in Dec 2021, with increased AF in 2022 (so that would be December 2022 for DH).

Thanks for the datapoint. My AF for the AmEx Plat will be posting soon and I'll be calling for a retention offer, good to know what they are offering.

Does when is the best time to buy video games? Its been a few years since I’ve had to buy them but DS6 is super into games now.
I remember Target usually has buy 2 get 1 at some point?

DS put a wrinkle in our holiday travel plans when he tested positive for COVID last week (the vaccine did its job and he is asymptotic and fine). Trying to figure out how long he tests negative and thinking maybe we should just stay in the States. Thankfully his quarantine ends on Friday and he can attend homecoming on Sat.

So, does any card offer any type of protection if a hotel is not "up to standards"? If I feel the need to leave and not stay for my 2 night reservation and they refuse to refund me, would a dispute go in my favor. If so, would you use CSR, Surpass (Hilton hotel) or Amex Biz Plat (working on MSR)?

I have to book this hotel for a sports event and the reviews have me really not wanting to go. Normally I'd use CSR and PYB using dining charges for this stay.
I've never heard of a card that offers that. If the hotel is not up to brand standards you should be able to get a refund from the hotel or chain, especially if it's a Hilton property. If it's not up to your personal standards, that is much more subjective, you would probably need pictures and specific incidents. I would go with AMEX over Chase if I think there is a higher than normal chance I'll have to dispute. I've not had good experiences with Chase disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter