I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is so helpful, I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm nowt 3 or 4/24 so time to get a new card.

Last year I got 2 sw cards and cp. I pc'd my csr to cf. I also have an old disney. we use amex Hilton surpass most of the time.

have about 7k in spend coming up so I'd like a new card. should i try to dd csp and csr again? or just one and pc cf back to one of them

i'll go to redit for links

how is the AA cards? not in love with marriottt anymore. haven't looked into hyatt. when we do travel it's europe so not sure how popular hyatt is there

DH is Au on amex and has his own csp, costcoo visa and 1 store account. he closed his united and american cards last year.

any advice is appreciated

score is over 800 if that matters

thank you
happy new year

Everyone is so helpful, I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm nowt 3 or 4/24 so time to get a new card.

Last year I got 2 sw cards and cp. I pc'd my csr to cf. I also have an old disney. we use amex Hilton surpass most of the time.

have about 7k in spend coming up so I'd like a new card. should i try to dd csp and csr again? or just one and pc cf back to one of them

how is the AA cards? not in love with marriottt anymore. haven't looked into hyatt. when we do travel it's europe so not sure how popular hyatt is there

DH is Au on amex and has his own csp, costcoo visa and 1 store account. he closed his united and american cards last year.

thank you
happy new year
Any interest in business cards? One of the Chase Ink cards could be a good fit if you have a side hustle, could be something as easy as selling on ebay of freelance work you get a 1099 for. And then you don't use up a 5/24 slot and you have already almost met the spend requirement with just the one purchase.

Another option if you aren't interested in biz cards would be the Capital One Venture X. Points are versatile and has a 10k minimum spend requirement within 6 months for 100k points.

SEVEN cards??? 🤯 Can I ask how much you pay in CC fees a year?

I would actually not like to do that math. 😂 But many are in year one. Between P1 & P2:

2 Plats
3 Biz Plats
2 Hilton Aspire

Many of them are in their first year. I’ve done really well getting retention offers. And I maximize every credit, if I can.

The plats and biz plats are on the chopping block if I can’t outweigh a retention offer with the AF.

PS: Seriously, don’t post the math for me. I don’t want to see it. 😂

Any interest in business cards? One of the Chase Ink cards could be a good fit if you have a side hustle, could be something as easy as selling on ebay of freelance work you get a 1099 for. And then you don't use up a 5/24 slot and you have already almost met the spend requirement with just the one purchase.

Another option if you aren't interested in biz cards would be the Capital One Venture X. Points are versatile and has a 10k minimum spend requirement within 6 months for 100k points.

never thought of a biz card

we do flip houses (although haven't in 2021 due to inventory) and I do sell on ebay.

what would you suggest? would the UR be combined with my other chase UR?

thank you
happy new year
Not sure when you last got the CSR and CSP but you’d need to wait 48 months from the time the last bonus posted to apply again

For a $7k spend maybe a Chase business card either the CIC or CIU …both have a 75,000 UR bonus after spending $7,500….I’ve applied with my eBay selling and have been approved

edited to add after seeing your last post…yes they can be combined with your other URs

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my Marriott vs. IHG question, it definitely makes for an easy decision when you were unanimously in favor of IHG. I also searched my email and found a targeted offer for 150,000 points and a $0 intro annual fee, so that definitely moves the needle in favor of IHG. Plus there’s a Hotel Indigo on Katella for DL trips!

I've had the Hyatt card since 2017 - almost 5 years - and wish I'd gotten it sooner. I joined World of Hyatt or whatever the program was called way back when, while visiting Liberty Bell and other sites in Philadelphia. Got a room at a Hyatt on Priceline and myself and the kids were hooked. Heated towel racks, huge room, old style but in very good condition. After that, whenever we could we got Hyatts. Already loved Westins also, and were SPG members forever, but Hyatt was always service. Checking in, 'would you like a glass of champagne'. Not talking about Hyatt House or Hyatt Place, love those for what they are.

But, IHG has their place also and lots of options. I think the OP should consider more than one hotel card and shop around when she travels, which is what most of us do.

Definitely a Hyat fan now. I loved our stay at Alila Ventana Big Sur a couple of months ago and am looking forward to checking out the Miraval properties too.

I’m always in favor of multiple hotel cards. More often than not, the AF is outweighed by the FN certificate. Marriott is slacking in that respect now and I will likely be canceling the all the BonBlah cards with both Chase and Amex next year. Never thought I’d say something like that.

The IHG card was definitely a no brainer back when they had the unrestricted FN certs for a $49 AF. I think it’s still a good value for the 40k FN certificate. I do think the Hyatt FN cert is a better value. I love the value we get from the Hilton Aspire card so much we now have 4 of them. I’ve held on to the Radisson Rewards cards forever. I’m happy to let the 40k annual points pile up each year for the AF until I decide to use them for a stay in Europe. I don’t have a Choice or a Wyndham credit card but I could see myself adding them to the mix once I’m retired.

Has anyone’s Saks credit been delayed posting? I made a purchase on 12/14 and still no $50 credit.

I made a purchase 12/13 and Saks hasn't charged me yet! I'm guessing there is no way I am getting the credit now. Although, if they never charge me, that works out better for me!

I’ve always been a SW fan for my RDU to MCO flights, but SW has cut back to one flight a day, usually at terrible times, while Delta has 3 flights a day. So I’m looking at ways to accumulate Delta miles.

I’m generally a Chase UR loyalist, although I do have an AMEX Marriott Biz card. Any suggestions on the best card(s) for accumulating Delta miles? I don’t care at all about Delta status, and would just be booking economy domestic flights. Open to personal or business cards. Thanks for any suggestions!

I’ve always been a SW fan for my RDU to MCO flights, but SW has cut back to one flight a day, usually at terrible times, while Delta has 3 flights a day. So I’m looking at ways to accumulate Delta miles.

I’m generally a Chase UR loyalist, although I do have an AMEX Marriott Biz card. Any suggestions on the best card(s) for accumulating Delta miles? I don’t care at all about Delta status, and would just be booking economy domestic flights. Open to personal or business cards. Thanks for any suggestions!
AMEX Gold and AMEX Delta Gold. AMEX MR transfer to DL and the Gold has the best earning profile for most people. The DL Gold gives you a free bag for everyone in your party and usually a decent SUB.

Work has been crazy this week. Covid is hitting our hospital hard this week and multiple coworkers are out with Covid or the flu this week. Dh is off for the rest of the week so I’ve been picking up extra shifts to help cover since he is home with the kids.

I never got around to using my CVS offers but did stop at Lowe’s to use my 50/250 offer for a Disney gift card.

I am working all weekend to cover. Once things settle a little bit I need to really start planning our Hawaii trip. I have the flights/hotels booked but nothing else. Need to start making up an itinerary and getting things booked. So far I know we will do Kualoa Ranch and zip lining but not sure what else. After this month at work I might just need to lay in the lazy river at Aulani all week.

I have a trip coming up that will use up the bulk of mine. Still have $300 left I'll need to figure something out.

I got e-mail back in July that says this:
"Your existing voucher expires on December 31, 2021, and the date has now been extended to December 31, 2022. You may redeem your voucher any time before December 31, 2022, as long as the last day of your trip is on or before December 31, 2022."

Then a recent e-mail that says this:
"Your existing voucher expiring on or before June 29, 2022 has now been extended to June 30, 2022. You may redeem your voucher any time before June 30, 2022, as long as the last day of your trip is on or before December 31, 2022."

Rather confused why the new extension would make it worse. :confused:

Thanks! I saw that on the website but never received any emails. We have *lots* of vouchers. I tweeted them yesterday morning, but still no word from them.

I like my IHG card(s) I find a use for just about all the FN b/c there's so many choices....I want to love Hyatt b/c of the deals but I have a hard time finding locations I want (I'm currently waving a sad goodbye to an unused FN for this year) I do want to get back into more Hilton if I can b/c I like the locations I can get with those points....up till now I've gotten various lower level Hh cards over the years,currently hold the no AF basics (2 players) but looking for recommendations on the higher end offerings (I may be in amex jail tho I need to check)

Annnnnnnd I'm sitting here....just achieved 4/24 again..... I need to start an app (is it better to wait till Monday or a Saturday ok?) ----- I'm debating the (not too exciting) current offers of a swa biz+personal for the CP (I keep questioning how much I'll use it) or a biz ink? I have right about 6k or so in bills to pay this month,and I want to get something since I have to pay it no matter what....... help me think this thru please?!? Since between our 2 players we already had/hold the variety of Ink offerings(all pc'd to CiC at this point)...... score is 8** something as always, I just need to think which has more value for that amount of spend.( we already hold at least one of all the other UR cc's) And if I do swa, I can do the personal as soon as I get approval on the biz,right? (assuming I get approved lol)

I have a trip coming up that will use up the bulk of mine. Still have $300 left I'll need to figure something out.

I got e-mail back in July that says this:
"Your existing voucher expires on December 31, 2021, and the date has now been extended to December 31, 2022. You may redeem your voucher any time before December 31, 2022, as long as the last day of your trip is on or before December 31, 2022."

Then a recent e-mail that says this:
"Your existing voucher expiring on or before June 29, 2022 has now been extended to June 30, 2022. You may redeem your voucher any time before June 30, 2022, as long as the last day of your trip is on or before December 31, 2022."

Rather confused why the new extension would make it worse. :confused:
That second one has to be an error. Who extends a voucher expiration one day? And since the first means the voucher expires after 6/29 so it’s not included in the second anyway… unless delta did something wonky when applying your vouchers and used them in order of latest expiration dates first or split them up or something.

Personally I would call Delta Vacations and have them look up your exact voucher just to be sure.

Hi all, you were so helpful lastyear that I wanted to run by some thoughts on a new card/cards we were thinking of getting to offset some travel cost.

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

07/20 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred

DH-none

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
~$1500- this varies widely
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
In full, never a balance
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
Mco, TPA, Jax
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
No
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport?
Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? Skymiles, not very many maybe 10000
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards?
Big trip to Canada
  • When do you plan to take these trips?
June 2022
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
2 Adults, 2 kids

So this all started by looking at flights. I've read good things about air canada and even better things about their business class. I saw that Air canada just launched a new Chase card, Aeroplan. Intro offer is 2, 50,000 mile tickets ($4000 spent in 3 months) ; that would cover 2 business class tickets. In addition, there's 3x points on groceries and restaurants. Is there a different card/Airline you all would recommend instead?

Next, looking at possibly getting a hotel card. Looking at the Chase Marriott brilliance card? The 3 free nights seem good but it doesn't look like there are many 50000/night rooms to max out the reward. I'm finding 60000 and 35000.
Open to any other ideas. I will say, we normally get pretty good hotel rates since my DH is gov't so I dont know that a hotel card is the best option for us.
We honestly don't do a lot of traveling to far destinations since we live in FL, we drive most places. We usually rent a beach house for a vacation, use our DVC points or stay at UO hotels with an AP discount. That may change as the kids get older and we do different things besides amusement parks. Okay, hopefully that's enough, probably too much info. Thank you and happy new year!

For anyone in California - there are reports that the charge comes from BevMo and it doesn't credit.
My mind was blown for a moment that there was a secret $10 BevMo credit sitting on all Chase cards in CA and I had no idea… that took a very sad turn by the end of your sentence. No secret BevMo credit and no Go Puff credit. Christmas is definitely over 😔

Hoping that our Colorado friends are safe from the wildfires. Specifically, @amalone1013 and @wendow . Plus every Disboard member from the area. (I may not remember every location.)
Thank you 😊 We’re pretty far from this current fire and are okay. We have friends who are currently evacuated so hoping their homes are still standing.
Is your family okay? I feel like I remember them being more in the area of this fire.

Work has been crazy this week. Covid is hitting our hospital hard this week and multiple coworkers are out with Covid or the flu this week. Dh is off for the rest of the week so I’ve been picking up extra shifts to help cover since he is home with the kids.
I feel you on busy work week. I'm on tomorrow, on call Sunday. Our ICU is capped due to lack of nurses.
Take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter