I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure when you last got the CSR and CSP but you’d need to wait 48 months from the time the last bonus posted to apply again

For a $7k spend maybe a Chase business card either the CIC or CIU …both have a 75,000 UR bonus after spending $7,500….I’ve applied with my eBay selling and have been approved

edited to add after seeing your last post…yes they can be combined with your other URs
got my csr over 4 years ago and pc'd it to a cf. debating between a new csp or csr if sub is good, or anything else
travel is so up in the air no idea which airline we'll fly when/if we do anything!

sw cut back on flights out of phl, aa has a lot from phl and united and jet vlue from ewr (we're in the middle)

Hi all, you were so helpful lastyear that I wanted to run by some thoughts on a new card/cards we were thinking of getting to offset some travel cost.

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months.

07/20 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred

DH-none

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
~$1500- this varies widely
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
In full, never a balance
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
Mco, TPA, Jax
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
No
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport?
Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? Skymiles, not very many maybe 10000
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards?
Big trip to Canada
  • When do you plan to take these trips?
June 2022
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
2 Adults, 2 kids

So this all started by looking at flights. I've read good things about air canada and even better things about their business class. I saw that Air canada just launched a new Chase card, Aeroplan. Intro offer is 2, 50,000 mile tickets ($4000 spent in 3 months) ; that would cover 2 business class tickets. In addition, there's 3x points on groceries and restaurants. Is there a different card/Airline you all would recommend instead?

Next, looking at possibly getting a hotel card. Looking at the Chase Marriott brilliance card? The 3 free nights seem good but it doesn't look like there are many 50000/night rooms to max out the reward. I'm finding 60000 and 35000.
Open to any other ideas. I will say, we normally get pretty good hotel rates since my DH is gov't so I dont know that a hotel card is the best option for us.
We honestly don't do a lot of traveling to far destinations since we live in FL, we drive most places. We usually rent a beach house for a vacation, use our DVC points or stay at UO hotels with an AP discount. That may change as the kids get older and we do different things besides amusement parks. Okay, hopefully that's enough, probably too much info. Thank you and happy new year!
Hello and Welcome!
I can’t respond regarding Air Canada but regarding hotel cards, I would still try to get one that works with your travel plans even if you get great rates, free is even better and you’ll earn points faster. I would definitely hold off on Marriott cards until better offers come along, the bonuses aren’t good.
The IHG card has a nice SUB, 125k points + free night and the AF is only $89.
another option would be to one of the Chase Freedom cards, those don’t have the best travel rewards, but they are offering 5% cash back at grocery store for the first 12 months.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to figure out how to turn it off since I never once logged into it. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Best of intentions and everything.

I thought about signing up and asked DD if she was interested. She uses her treadmill.

She said, not to bother. Still, every time I saw a reminder, I would consider it again.

Guess if I were truly serious I would have an account.

got my csr over 4 years ago and pc'd it to a cf. debating between a new csp or csr if sub is good, or anything else
travel is so up in the air no idea which airline we'll fly when/if we do anything!

sw cut back on flights out of phl, aa has a lot from phl and united and jet vlue from ewr (we're in the middle)
Right now the CSR and CSP are not at an all time high, you may want to wait for those to go up. The 2 business no fee cards CIC and CIU bonuses have remained pretty constant for a while 75,000URs after the $7,500 spend

So this all started by looking at flights. I've read good things about air canada and even better things about their business class. I saw that Air canada just launched a new Chase card, Aeroplan. Intro offer is 2, 50,000 mile tickets ($4000 spent in 3 months) ; that would cover 2 business class tickets. In addition, there's 3x points on groceries and restaurants. Is there a different card/Airline you all would recommend instead?

Next, looking at possibly getting a hotel card. Looking at the Chase Marriott brilliance card? The 3 free nights seem good but it doesn't look like there are many 50000/night rooms to max out the reward. I'm finding 60000 and 35000.
Open to any other ideas. I will say, we normally get pretty good hotel rates since my DH is gov't so I dont know that a hotel card is the best option for us.
We honestly don't do a lot of traveling to far destinations since we live in FL, we drive most places. We usually rent a beach house for a vacation, use our DVC points or stay at UO hotels with an AP discount. That may change as the kids get older and we do different things besides amusement parks. Okay, hopefully that's enough, probably too much info. Thank you and happy new year!

Here is a link to an write-up on the Chase Aeroplan cc. I got the card because AC is my main airline, otherwise I would've likely passed. AmEx and Chase both transfer to Aeroplan at 1:1, so if I were in your position I'd likely get either one of the MR earning-AmEx cards or CSP or CSR and transfer points to AC. Also note that AC biz class is okay -- comparable with any US-based airline (AA, United, etc.). They mostly put their 'pods' on overseas flights or on 5+ hour flights within Canada and the US (but not always -- you have to check to see if the flight has lie flat seats).

If the flights you want to book are on AC Rouge I'd recommend to avoid them. Neither dh nor I like to fly Rouge -- dh flat-out refuses to fly on any AC Rouge planes; I will if it's a direct flight at the times that I prefer, otherwise I will fly AA. Rouge planes are awful and they don't have biz class, just premium economy and economy (premium economy is terrible; I imagine that economy is even worse -- take what I say with a grain of salt as I'm just shy of 6' tall).

Retention DP: Amex Hilton Aspire

Offered 10k points for $1k spend/90 days.
First card anniversary
I plan to keep the card open but didn't take the offer. I'll try again for an offer without any spend, since I value this offer at about $70

FYI, I inquired if the the dining credit would continue in 2022 and was given this generic answer "We added the dining credit as a temporary credit in these times for you get the more value out of your card. As of now we do not have details if they'll continue. But in case they do, or any new benefit/offer is added, we'll notify our card members"

Here is a link to an write-up on the Chase Aeroplan cc. I got the card because AC is my main airline, otherwise I would've likely passed. AmEx and Chase both transfer to Aeroplan at 1:1, so if I were in your position I'd likely get either one of the MR earning-AmEx cards or CSP or CSR and transfer points to AC. Also note that AC biz class is okay -- comparable with any US-based airline (AA, United, etc.). They mostly put their 'pods' on overseas flights or on 5+ hour flights within Canada and the US (but not always -- you have to check to see if the flight has lie flat seats).

If the flights you want to book are on AC Rouge I'd recommend to avoid them. Neither dh nor I like to fly Rouge -- dh flat-out refuses to fly on any AC Rouge planes; I will if it's a direct flight at the times that I prefer, otherwise I will fly AA. Rouge planes are awful and they don't have biz class, just premium economy and economy (premium economy is terrible; I imagine that economy is even worse -- take what I say with a grain of salt as I'm just shy of 6' tall).

The PYB for travel at 1.25 cpp is interesting. I wonder if it's then possible to cash out MR at 1.25, though limited to 50k per year.

I recently acquired the SW Biz card a couple of weeks ago and cannot find any type of bonus tracker or even mention of the bonus (80K for $5K spend) in my account or email. Is there a way to track this somehow or just in my own mind? It just makes me nervous not seeing any reference to a bonus since this is a big chunk going toward my CP.

I recently acquired the SW Biz card a couple of weeks ago and cannot find any type of bonus tracker or even mention of the bonus (80K for $5K spend) in my account or email. Is there a way to track this somehow or just in my own mind? It just makes me nervous not seeing any reference to a bonus since this is a big chunk going toward my CP.

Do you have the Chase app? I typically see a tracker there.

[As a side note: IME Chase biz cards' closing date is 30 days from application.]

I was approved for a SW biz on 12/8 and received card to activate on 12/19. Next payment date is 2/4 but I see no closing date at all. Should I presume the closing date is Jan. 8 or thereabouts which leaves me okay to keep spending now? I'd really like to use my card for spend today but want to ensure that I don't get a statement closing date of today by some chance. I need the bonus to hit in 2022 for the CP. I also don't know when they'll charge the annual fee and that's what could trigger overage if I spend today. Grrrr... I don't want to screw this all up and be on @SouthFayetteFan's reddit CP disaster list 🤪 I honestly don't think at this point any charges would move beyond "pending" but I'm just hesitant.

I was approved for a SW biz on 12/8 and received card to activate on 12/19. Next payment date is 2/4 but I see no closing date at all. Should I presume the closing date is Jan. 8 or thereabouts which leaves me okay to keep spending now? I'd really like to use my card for spend today but want to ensure that I don't get a statement closing date of today by some chance. I need the bonus to hit in 2022 for the CP. I also don't know when they'll charge the annual fee and that's what could trigger overage if I spend today. Grrrr... I don't want to screw this all up and be on @SouthFayetteFan's reddit CP disaster list 🤪 I honestly don't think at this point any charges would move beyond "pending" but I'm just hesitant.
Based on the SW business card I got in October…The next closing date should be 1/7…3 days after the due date.

do you have a business log in…if so…log out of your personal card login on the app and use your business log in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter