I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Called Chase twice. Both times they just said the application was processing and there was nothing they could do but wait it out.

Ugh! What to do now? Any MDD experts - is my MDD dream dead if this doesn’t get approved by the end of the day tomorrow?
Nope. You just need to apply for the 2nd card on the next calendar day once this one is approved. That’s all - so don’t fret! Just watch for when this gets approved.

CSP is 15,000 points per - so that would be 3 clicks.
That makes sense. Thank you!

I know one click was my wife. Love the supportive friends here on the DIS!

I used many of my URs last year, thru wife's CSR, to buy DGCs for DVC dues at grocery store, then PYB at 1.5x ... And this was how I got there.
Thank you all!

Last edited:
Update those Chase Sapphire Preferred support links!!

The new offer that includes a $50 statement credit against groceries is now available via support link. You'll need to generate a NEW link to show this offer. Make sure you update your language accordingly on DISchurners as well!

With this being a fairly major enhancement to that offer, I will probably remove any links that don't feature this offer if they aren't updated in the next week. I wouldn't want one of our friends to inadvertently use a lower link, and we have done this before in situations such as this.

I don't have the upper level cards, or Marriot cards, but I do have two $5 dining credit and 1 $10 dining credit now. It say you cannot buy gift cards, have you all found that to be true?

DH just got 5000 AMEX bonus miles in his Delta account, and I have absolutely no idea why LOL. He hasn't supported anyone and uses his Delta cards very very little.

If the charge comes from the restaurant, it should work. Many sell GC through a third party though. Reloading the Chick-fil-A app should work. I remember people were doing that for the Chase offer.

Did the Delta card renew lately? Maybe retention? There were some people who got statement credits without asking.

We are staying there Feb 26-28. I'm excited. I had picked it out to stay there, but didn't have enough points. While waiting to get my points, the 42,000 points/night rooms filled up, so I had to get rooms at the other Hilton in Key Largo. I kept checking every day (ok, multiple times a day) and they showed back up, so I quickly switched. We're excited! It looks like a great resort!
Can’t wait to hear your report! We are there 3/15-20 after 3 nights at the Hyatt Centric Key West.

If the charge comes from the restaurant, it should work. Many sell GC through a third party though. Reloading the Chick-fil-A app should work. I remember people were doing that for the Chase offer.

Did the Delta card renew lately? Maybe retention? There were some people who got statement credits without asking.
No it renewed months ago. And I downgraded it when it renewed from the Delta Biz Gold to a lower level Delta Biz card. His personal is a Delta Blue so no fee at all on that one.

I ordered UberEats for the kids tonight while we did the grocery shopping. The order was delayed by almost half an hour. Once it was finally delivered I got a notice on my phone of a promo due to the delay. I opened up the app and $10 off $30 (exp 2/15) is loaded 16 times. Do I really have 16 $10 off $30 promos the next two weeks?! We've fallen into a routine of ordering for them while we shop (we grab In-n-Out or something between stores LOL), but I won't be doing that 16 times in the next 2 weeks lol

Between Amex's UberEats and Grubhub and then CSR's door dash I'm making great use of these offers and it's so convenient with no annoying "dinner?" texts while we grocery shop.

Second question, gift cards and UE? Do they stack with the Amex offers?

Since I don't have any kids in the mix, I should probably shut up about any of this. 5 year old isn't due for kindergarten until this fall. I get phone alerts still because my number is in the system here - it's for a lot of stuff, not just school schedules.

But - I really feel for parents who have had to navigate this! Not sure I could have had the patience to survive it! I also believe that kids who may not have adequate support will suffer from this and that the other tier who thrive on learning versus being taught, will create a huge gap when kids do return to school. Just my thought on this.

The order has gone out here to get back in school by 3/1. Waiting for the back peddle on that.
Doesn’t look like it since there’s $$$ on the line. Looks like $$$ is more important than safety of the staff and students

So I just booked 3 RT tickets from DTW to ATL for our spring break. Now I need to figure out what to do! Originally I was looking at booking flights the next day from ATL to MCO (be $144 RT for all 3). But not sure about that. Still not sure what Disney at Spring Break might look like. I'm looking at maybe just going to the beach somewhere, maybe use some of my Bonvoy FNC.

So suggestions where to take an 11yo boy and 16yo girl leaving from ATL? The flights I booked are from 3/26 to 4/2.

Second question, gift cards and UE? Do they stack with the Amex offers?
I bought UberEats gift cards thru the UE app, and it did not code as UE, but instead some company called Launch (and no bonus dining category was triggered). When I applied the gift card to my UE account, the gc balance got added into my account and the Amex credits got used first. Because they get used first, as long as I exceed my Amex credits, then that gc balance carries over to the next month (as opposed to Amex credits which don't carry over). I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but this was my experience with UE gift cards.

I bought UberEats gift cards thru the UE app, and it did not code as UE, but instead some company called Launch (and no bonus dining category was triggered). When I applied the gift card to my UE account, the gc balance got added into my account and the Amex credits got used first. Because they get used first, as long as I exceed my Amex credits, then that gc balance carries over to the next month (as opposed to Amex credits which don't carry over). I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but this was my experience with UE gift cards.
Perfect! Thank you, that's what I needed to know. HEB has Uber GCs so I was thinking I could use a grocery category card to grab some of those to cover what the Amex credits don't. :)

My annual fee for my CSR just posted. Originally I had planned on pcing it because I can get the bonus again in the fall after 48 long months. However, I am using it quite a bit right now, especially the pyb and have the $450 af vs the $550 af. Are they still doing any retention offers or bonuses?

Also got the $199 AF charged for the SW card. Going to cancel that and be done with it.

New Amex offer for Marriott Bonvoy on some of my Amex cards this morning.........

Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200 USD on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating properties across the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio's 30 hotel brands from 2/2/2021 to 4/10/2021. Reserve online at marriott.com. See terms for exclusions.

I know at least one other person in this group is working toward PSLF (I can’t remember who it was), and I just wanted to share that I got the news yesterday that my loans were finally forgiven under the program! And no issues with the COVID payments counting toward forgiveness. It so nice to have 90k of loans finally gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter