I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I'm sure you'd be a great tour guide! Thanks for the recommendations, and the heads up on the bridges! Now I see I need to go do Google satellite view searches of our driving routes ahead of time. Yes, it will be an adventure lol. Am I nuts? A 12-day trip driving through Cleveland, Pittsburgh, University Park, Lancaster, Haverford, Swarthmore, Philadelphia, Princeton, Baltimore, College Park, and Chesapeake Bay (the last one just to relax). I've never been to any of those areas before; school visits are a good excuse to check out other parts of the country lol.

Thank you!

I will admit that I'm a bit jealous! I loved doing college tours with my kids. When I started them with my oldest, I realized that I should have found a job on a college campus somewhere because I think they are just amazing places to be!

20 spins for me on AA and 15 for dh. Only got something on 2 spins total. Hmph LOL.

Whoever mentioned always cleaning the office, I TOTALLY relate. I sit in here every single day all day, and then my personal computer is in here to so I do personal stuff in here. It's always a mess. I declutter, and a couple days later, it's a disaster again. It's also the storage spot for upcoming events. For both kids grad parties, it filled up with stuff for the months leading up to them. For her leaving for college, him buying a house, upcoming vacations, yep, it all gets stacked in here. I swear when he bought his house, I could barely even walk through here LOL. And it seems everytime that event is done, and I get my floor back, another one happens. She is moving out in June, so here we go again.

LOL I'm sure you'd be a great tour guide! Thanks for the recommendations, and the heads up on the bridges! Now I see I need to go do Google satellite view searches of our driving routes ahead of time. Yes, it will be an adventure lol. Am I nuts? A 12-day trip driving through Cleveland, Pittsburgh, University Park, Lancaster, Haverford, Swarthmore, Philadelphia, Princeton, Baltimore, College Park, and Chesapeake Bay (the last one just to relax). I've never been to any of those areas before; school visits are a good excuse to check out other parts of the country lol.

Thank you!

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-yet another drive you would be happy for me NOT to do. 🤣🤣

Amex offer for Hyatt, spend $300 get $60 back.

Have a stay coming up, but I can't find it on any cards. Added a bunch of offers I won't use, hope it shows up. It's not on the Amex Connect site either. If anyone sees it, would like to know if it's on both personal and biz cards.

We just got back from our WDW trip and we are tired but so happy! We've never been in the Spring before and it was really nice to have the weather be slightly cooler than our usual early September trips. Our twin girls turned 6 on Tuesday, and it was so fun celebrating their birthday at AK and them getting to ride FOP and Everest for the first time. It was also our first time flying there since we normally drive, and that's in part due to you lovely folks so a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my CC fam here! We flew on SW points and DH's CP for me. The kids all did great, and other than a delayed flight last night (they're probably falling asleep in class as I type this, oops 🤪 ) everything went really well. My picture keeps posting sideways so hopefully this link works:
Castle Pic

Thanks! :-)

In all my CC years I've never had a reason to do it.

I get paid every week so often pay the same card every week and have never had an issue. Granted it's normally just that weeks spend so not much but since I like to move any left over money to savings each week rather than let it sit in my checking, I have to pay stuff every week.

Got our wdw APs bought this morning! I called at 7 am because it had been 30 days and they said I’d hear back by 9 pm tonight. They ended up calling at 10 am and we got our gold passes. They also made our park reservations for MK. I’m beyond excited for our trip in May. I can’t wait to see what ds thinks!

The elevated Delta biz offers look to be gone from support. According to r/churning, they're still available via Delta biz support, but I don't have any to check. Darn. Guess I shouldn't have waited. Oh well. Don't really need the MSR at the moment anyways.

The elevated Delta biz offers look to be gone from support. According to r/churning, they're still available via Delta biz support, but I don't have any to check. Darn. Guess I shouldn't have waited. Oh well. Don't really need the MSR at the moment anyways.
My Delta personal still has the elevated offer.

20 spins for me on AA and 15 for dh. Only got something on 2 spins total. Hmph LOL.

Whoever mentioned always cleaning the office, I TOTALLY relate. I sit in here every single day all day, and then my personal computer is in here to so I do personal stuff in here. It's always a mess. I declutter, and a couple days later, it's a disaster again. It's also the storage spot for upcoming events. For both kids grad parties, it filled up with stuff for the months leading up to them. For her leaving for college, him buying a house, upcoming vacations, yep, it all gets stacked in here. I swear when he bought his house, I could barely even walk through here LOL. And it seems everytime that event is done, and I get my floor back, another one happens. She is moving out in June, so here we go again.
My home office is also the "stash" room. Stuff to donate, papers, suitcases pre/post trip, kids hand me down piles. Always a mess!

I am working on a CIC $7k min spend, but only have a $3k limit, which I am near. It says my next payment is due May 27, but the statement STILL hasn't closed. I'd like to pay it off so DDs summer camp payment can go on that card on Monday. I know credit cycling is bad, but how bad? Will I anger Chase if I pay off my balance today???

I have been cycling like crazy this year....no issues on multiple cards...spending too quick on these 3k limits.

I will admit that I'm a bit jealous! I loved doing college tours with my kids. When I started them with my oldest, I realized that I should have found a job on a college campus somewhere because I think they are just amazing places to be!
I work on a university campus and love it. It keeps you in tune with the younger generations and is alot of fun. At the same time, you keep getting older and the kids are always 18-22 so you start to become acutely aware of how old you are becoming :rotfl2:

If you haven't used your Amex dining credit this month ($20/20 or $5/5) don't forget that today's the last day of April! DH and I forgot on his card last month, and we were even at Disney! DOH!

Also, I'm so glad I cashed out a ton of Chase URs this week using PYB. It still shows on my homepage that PYB home improvement stores, dining, and grocery expries today. Fingers crossed that it is extended!!!

If you haven't used your Amex dining credit this month ($20/20 or $5/5) don't forget that today's the last day of April! DH and I forgot on his card last month, and we were even at Disney! DOH!

Also, I'm so glad I cashed out a ton of Chase URs this week using PYB. It still shows on my homepage that PYB home improvement stores, dining, and grocery expries today. Fingers crossed that it is extended!!!
My dining is long gone, using the May credit tomorrow LOL. One of them anyway.

We just got back from our WDW trip and we are tired but so happy! We've never been in the Spring before and it was really nice to have the weather be slightly cooler than our usual early September trips. Our twin girls turned 6 on Tuesday, and it was so fun celebrating their birthday at AK and them getting to ride FOP and Everest for the first time. It was also our first time flying there since we normally drive, and that's in part due to you lovely folks so a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my CC fam here! We flew on SW points and DH's CP for me. The kids all did great, and other than a delayed flight last night (they're probably falling asleep in class as I type this, oops 🤪 ) everything went really well. My picture keeps posting sideways so hopefully this link works:
Castle Pic
OMG your family is so cute!

The southwest flight changes really messed up our plans for our June trip, so we ended up changing out flights to AA. Now we've got SW flight credits that will expire next January. DH told me I could find a use for them on a long weekend somewhere this fall. Is there anywhere else besides Disney that we can fly that is kid friendly and won't require a rental car since prices are so crazy right now? We're going to HHI in a few weeks, and that is all the beach DH wants for the year. I thought about DC, but by the time we layover, we can drive there quicker, so we'll save that for another year. The beach and Disney are the only places I can come up with on the east coast that we wouldn't really have to worry about transportation for. Any other ideas before I just go ahead and look at booking Disney? We've got a big stash of HH points, and some Marriot points .

I decided to go for the cap One Venture for DH and applied today - only he gave me the wrong SS#. Ugh! He got an email saying they need him to send in some copies of stuff (not sure what, I haven’t seen the email). And he’s gotten an alert that his credit was checked. Not sure how since his SS# was wrong.
Any suggestions on what my next step should be?

ETA: I should mention he’s a reluctant P2 who worries about his credit. He already uploaded the stuff they requested (license and W2). He does have a bank account with Cap One so guessing that’s how they ran his credit.

Last edited:
The southwest flight changes really messed up our plans for our June trip, so we ended up changing out flights to AA. Now we've got SW flight credits that will expire next January. DH told me I could find a use for them on a long weekend somewhere this fall. Is there anywhere else besides Disney that we can fly that is kid friendly and won't require a rental car since prices are so crazy right now? We're going to HHI in a few weeks, and that is all the beach DH wants for the year. I thought about DC, but by the time we layover, we can drive there quicker, so we'll save that for another year. The beach and Disney are the only places I can come up with on the east coast that we wouldn't really have to worry about transportation for. Any other ideas before I just go ahead and look at booking Disney? We've got a big stash of HH points, and some Marriot points .
Chicago? They have the aquarium and museums and the towers with great views LOL. My kids loved it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter