• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, different tack on this: If - big 'if' - I were to upgrade my card in November, could I conceivably have this as an option and pay annual fee, get reimbursed at 1.50 and still get all the CSR benefits such as $300 credit twice, etc? I think it would be very close in timing as the risk would be that the annual fee wouldn't post until January? Hmmmm.......
That's a GREAT idea if it works!

My CSP is one year old in June. Can I PC a card before the year is up ... I think so?

I'm so excited that Chase extended the PYB categories! We had over half a million UR's saved up, but rarely use Chase travel. We love the dining, grocery, and home improvement categories! Today my categories are updated, and I paid 30,000 URs for the $450 annual fee that posted on 2/1. :) YAY!

So, different tack on this: If - big 'if' - I were to upgrade my card in November, could I conceivably have this as an option and pay annual fee, get reimbursed at 1.50 and still get all the CSR benefits such as $300 credit twice, etc? I think it would be very close in timing as the risk would be that the annual fee wouldn't post until January? Hmmmm.......

Gave it some more thought and this could be an idea for someone with an upcoming fee and a lot of UR's they want to redeem at the higher rate. My UR stash is pretty much going to Hyatt and I think I'm further ahead if I stay with that strategy right now. Although it was tempting to cash out for Disney gift cards to pay my DVC dues when 2022's bill comes in December!
I’m considering upgrading my DHs CFU now to a CSR as well
the only issue I see with your plan is what you mentioned, it usually takes a few months for the AF to be charged on a PC, so if they don’t extend the PYB into 2022 the AF may not post by 12/31/21

I’m considering upgrading my DHs CFU now to a CSR as well
the only issue I see with your plan is what you mentioned, it usually takes a few months for the AF to be charged on a PC, so if they don’t extend the PYB into 2022 the AF may not post by 12/31/21

But you just solved the problem for me - maybe - can I upgrade my Chase Freedom that's about 3 years old and still have the CSP?

Bonvoy Biz Af coming due...not gonna pay it (never use the card) so I guess I've got to cancel..or is there a no AF to PC this to? What happens to my current free night in my account? I'm guessing it stays there? Also wondering why AF comes due in May but free night has an August date?
Update on this- via SM I asked to close it reason being not much travel currently/AF. Got offer of keep it,get $50 credit- spend 2k in next 90 days, get another $100 credit. I kept it. FWIW, I RARELY spend anything on this card.

I have no AF Blue Amex....just parking a very few points on it and doing nothing..... what can I PC to that's no AF, but allows me to transfer for travel,like to Bonvoy etc? Thank you!

Thanks for the reminder! 75 spins with zero wins :(

I wonder if frequent flyers have better "luck"? I haven't flown AA for about 5 years

There are randomly generated winning times and then a certain number of wins for each time. So your odds are better when less people are playing. I usually play late at night and have had pretty good luck that way. Sometimes I save my spins for later in the week, but sometimes I just want instant gratification lol.

I have no AF Blue Amex....just parking a very few points on it and doing nothing..... what can I PC to that's no AF, but allows me to transfer for travel,like to Bonvoy etc? Thank you!

I thought all MR cards can transfer to partners. My no AF Everyday can. Do you see the option under Rewards, then Transfer Points?

Thanks for the reminder! 75 spins with zero wins :(

I wonder if frequent flyers have better "luck"? I haven't flown AA for about 5 years
Sorry, FF status doesn't impact it. DS who has never flown AA won a few miles today. Hit 400 two times in a row. Probably no one else spinning right then.

It ends May 3rd so don't forget to use all your spins by Monday.

Well poo, why would they only give it to Reserve holders? :confused3

I guess check your UR portal on the CSP to see if it's even an option. I assumed it'd be all Sapphires but maybe not. It was the 5th option under Featured Redemption categories

View attachment 571754

Paid mine in Feb and also have it though it wasn't a featured category it just showed it amongst the stuff that was eligible in in the last 90 days and therefore have to use it in the next day which doesn't help me at all. I wonder why some people get more time than others, that's odd to me.

My issue is going to be that I want to use PYB if I end up being able to go to DLR to cover the extra disney gc I will need to buy but I want to buy it at Lowes and use my freedom for the 5% this quarter. Or do I do it anyway, knowing I'll eventually use it anyway? My problem is I stopped using my csr for groceries when the Hyatt came out at 5 pts because 5 hyatt points is more then 3 ur transferred. So I'm going to quickly run out of having enough on my CSR to PYB with.

Though the 450 credit would be nice regardless so maybe I should just do it? Then transfer the credit to my freedom.

Update on this- via SM I asked to close it reason being not much travel currently/AF. Got offer of keep it,get $50 credit- spend 2k in next 90 days, get another $100 credit. I kept it. FWIW, I RARELY spend anything on this card.
That's great! I tried for a retention offer a few weeks ago and wasn't offered anything. I kept it anyway since I made back the fee in offers.

Paid mine in Feb and also have it though it wasn't a featured category it just showed it amongst the stuff that was eligible in in the last 90 days and therefore have to use it in the next day which doesn't help me at all. I wonder why some people get more time than others, that's odd to me.

My issue is going to be that I want to use PYB if I end up being able to go to DLR to cover the extra disney gc I will need to buy but I want to buy it at Lowes and use my freedom for the 5% this quarter. Or do I do it anyway, knowing I'll eventually use it anyway? My problem is I stopped using my csr for groceries when the Hyatt came out at 5 pts because 5 hyatt points is more then 3 ur transferred. So I'm going to quickly run out of having enough on my CSR to PYB with.

Though the 450 credit would be nice regardless so maybe I should just do it? Then transfer the credit to my freedom.
Chase will ACH you credit balances, no need to transfer it to another account.

When your transfer MRs to partners such as Hawaiian airlines does it take awhile or is it instant? I don’t want to transfer anything until I know how many points I need but am hoping to book our flights opening day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter