I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas in Virginia versus Maryland:

Checking out gasbuddy.com there is a search function to show where gas is. Virginia has multiple outages but if you cross the bridge into Maryland, you see very few stations with no gas. I'm talking areas less than 2 to 3 miles apart.

Same as you go south - Virginia - not much gas. Some shortage in North Carolina but South Carolina, Georgia and Florida seem to be doing okay, except Florida's panhandle area. Then next states are fine. This looks almost targeted.

will this work for disney packages booked during 5/15-aug 15?

I don't really know but I hope it does. I tried to read the small print, and it seemed to say that.

Look at your email and tell us what you think? It states 'Disney locations owned and operated by Disney'. Then goes on to talk about travel and gas. Not clear except that the 'merchant code' will determine if it is 5 or 1.

I was asking for my sister, but she just checked she didn't get the email about it, so she checked the link for all offers and there was nothing for her?!?! It would've only been her deposit so nbd

Just saw on the Amex Plat an elevated bonus for "recommending" (is that the right term? :) ) the card - 30k MR up to 55k, the applicant receives 100k MR with $5k spend in 6 months and 10x gas stations and supermarkets. I don't know if the sign up bonus is higher but I know that yesterday my recommendation award was 20k. I should figure out how to put this on dischurners.

I have been trying to come up with a use for my Marriott FNC.
I got an email that Sesame Place was offering 4 free tickets for Veterans.
I was just able to get the Springhill Suites next door to Sesame Place using my FNC. (Have been trying for days but it was unavailable)

Kids are 4 and 6 so not much time left to make it there before they age out. Cant beat free admission and FNC for the room. Is it wrong that I am super excited to be going to Sesame Place for the first time in like 12 years? Must have something to do with not going anywhere in the last year.

Looking for some advice. We are planning on going to Iceland in August and we were just going to book on Icelandair. However, United is basically the same price so wondering if I should open a United card to not only get the sign up mileage bonus but earn points on UA. I have no current MSR. Or should I just use my amex gold or CSP to earn MRs or URs? Just trying to maximize the rewards.

Long term goal for all the URs and MRs is a trip to Europe next year in business class, with hotels and everything paid with points. Am fine flying coach to Iceland for 5 hours so don't want to burn my points to upgrade there.

Back from Universal! We had a great birthday/Mother’s Day trip and I rode Velocicoaster twice in soft openings. I loved being able to stack PYB with my AP discount by buying Universal gift cards at the grocery store, cashing out points to cover the charges, and then paying off the remaining room balance with the gift cards at check in. I didn’t have enough URs to cover the whole trip but I spent about 28k URs on a night at Cabana Bay and a night at Portofino (cash price for both together with tax was about $410 after my ~30% AP discount). Just a tip if any other APs are planning a trip while PYB is still around.

Checking out gasbuddy.com there is a search function to show where gas is. Virginia has multiple outages but if you cross the bridge into Maryland, you see very few stations with no gas. I'm talking areas less than 2 to 3 miles apart.

Same as you go south - Virginia - not much gas. Some shortage in North Carolina but South Carolina, Georgia and Florida seem to be doing okay, except Florida's panhandle area. Then next states are fine. This looks almost targeted.
Yep, we are up the creek at the moment in VA. But there are places with gas. The suburbanites are panic buying though (I'll include myself in that group).

So, I finished my 5% Hyatt spend and was credited with 7491 points, on May 2nd. That's 'almost' correct, as I had a credit back from Chewy. The credit back took me to $1489.72. So, I made a purchase of $11.26 which would take me over $1500 by 98cents. Maybe I'll get my other 9 points next month.

I was asking for my sister, but she just checked she didn't get the email about it, so she checked the link for all offers and there was nothing for her?!?! It would've only been her deposit so nbd

She may get it yet. I just got it today so it could pop up.

I have been trying to come up with a use for my Marriott FNC.
I got an email that Sesame Place was offering 4 free tickets for Veterans.
I was just able to get the Springhill Suites next door to Sesame Place using my FNC. (Have been trying for days but it was unavailable)

Kids are 4 and 6 so not much time left to make it there before they age out. Cant beat free admission and FNC for the room. Is it wrong that I am super excited to be going to Sesame Place for the first time in like 12 years? Must have something to do with not going anywhere in the last year.

Enjoy! I wonder if my daughter would go? I can do a FNC or 3 or 4......

Grandpa is a retired service member but he's not coming soon that I know of.

I rec’d an offer on my Amex Hilton Surpass to upgrade to the Aspire, $4k MSR, 150,000 HH points. I think I want to go ahead and upgrade, but was curious if this is subject to the popup? Also, I know other people have taken the upgrade and also applied for the Surpass in order to get both. If I wanted to do that, how does that work? Do I need to apply the same day? I’m not sold that I personally would get the value out of having 2 Aspires (well actually 3 because DH has one), but want to make sure I’ve thought through my options.

Also, I’m trying to remember how long it takes to receive the FNC, is it like 60 days? We’re supposed to stay at the GW at the end of July, I’m wondering if I’d get the cert in time to use it for that trip and swap out one of the nights booked on points for the cert.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

How’s this for a vague question - I read this week **somewhere** that Chase is running a promo on its co-branded cards - of course, I can’t remember the details, but if you were targeted, you got increased points for the next couple of months. There was a link in the article to see if your card was targeted. I can’t find the article or the link, and Google is no help. Anyone happen to know what I’m talking about and have that magic link??

Targeted for what purpose? I don't think so. I think it's just the distribution channels are structured differently in different states.

I rec’d an offer on my Amex Hilton Surpass to upgrade to the Aspire, $4k MSR, 150,000 HH points. I think I want to go ahead and upgrade, but was curious if this is subject to the popup? Also, I know other people have taken the upgrade and also applied for the Surpass in order to get both. If I wanted to do that, how does that work? Do I need to apply the same day? I’m not sold that I personally would get the value out of having 2 Aspires (well actually 3 because DH has one), but want to make sure I’ve thought through my options.

Also, I’m trying to remember how long it takes to receive the FNC, is it like 60 days? We’re supposed to stay at the GW at the end of July, I’m wondering if I’d get the cert in time to use it for that trip and swap out one of the nights booked on points for the cert.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I would totally apply for the Aspire and then take the upgrade offer! If you take the upgrade offer only, then you're locked out of the SUB. The upgrade offer can go away, so I would do it right after being approved for the new card.

Don't think I've seen any DPs of getting a popup on an upgrade offer.

It took 2 months to get the FNC after opening the card. I don't think you can swap out a points booking for an FNC when there are no standard awards left (which I'm guessing it likely the case). The FNC is extended to end of 2022, so hopefully there's something else you can use it on. You can use the $250 resort credit at the GW though.

How’s this for a vague question - I read this week **somewhere** that Chase is running a promo on its co-branded cards - of course, I can’t remember the details, but if you were targeted, you got increased points for the next couple of months. There was a link in the article to see if your card was targeted. I can’t find the article or the link, and Google is no help. Anyone happen to know what I’m talking about and have that magic link??

The link is here:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...-hyatt-ihg-avios-cards-disney-aarp-starbucks/
When I use it though, I only get the old offers. But just got an e-mail for the Hyatt 8x and was able to register that way. Woohoo!

google chase mybonus, should be the first link.

just for reference, if u need your support link for any chase card, google chase catchall.

Looking for some advice. We are planning on going to Iceland in August and we were just going to book on Icelandair. However, United is basically the same price so wondering if I should open a United card to not only get the sign up mileage bonus but earn points on UA. I have no current MSR. Or should I just use my amex gold or CSP to earn MRs or URs? Just trying to maximize the rewards.

Long term goal for all the URs and MRs is a trip to Europe next year in business class, with hotels and everything paid with points. Am fine flying coach to Iceland for 5 hours so don't want to burn my points to upgrade there.

Does the flight look like a good price? I never get instant approval on Chase cards, so I would worry by the time I got it, the price would have gone up. I might consider it with a plat since I get instant approval with Amex and I'd get it tomorrow or day after (earns 5x on flights booked directly).

If you don't get a new card, gold is 3x on flights, so a little better than CSP with 2x travel.

We had a good experience flying on Icelandair. Kids got a backpack with swag and they gave everyone a bottle of Icelandic water, which they refilled often (though maybe they're not doing that now).

The link is here:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...-hyatt-ihg-avios-cards-disney-aarp-starbucks/
When I use it though, I only get the old offers. But just got an e-mail for the Hyatt 8x and was able to register that way. Woohoo!

I also just got the 2nd Hyatt offer 10 minutes ago! Going in to put my EZ Pass on the Hyatt card. Besides gas anyone have any ideas? I know 8X on the hotels.

I wonder if Hyatt ever sells gift cards at their hotel desks?

Edit: found this -

Travel
collapse
Merchants in the travel category include airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, campgrounds and operators of passenger trains, buses, taxis, limousines, ferries, toll bridges and highways, and parking lots and garages. Merchants that provide transportation and travel-related services are not included in this category; for example, real estate agents, educational merchants arranging travel, in-flight goods and services, on-board cruise line goods and services, sightseeing activities, excursions, tourist attractions, RV and boat rentals, merchants within hotels and airports, and merchants that rent vehicles for the purpose of hauling. Purchases from gift card merchants or merchants that sell points or miles will not qualify in the travel category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter