I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just used my support link for the first time about 3 weeks ago and was immediately approved. They received the card a week later and have had some spending on it now. Today is the first time the pending points showed on my UR page. It seems like I have seen others report that it updates once a week on Wednesdays.

Thanks. It seems I just need to be more patient. Which for me is impossible. I check all my accounts multiple times a day (especially when I'm expecting an MSR bonus) knowing that it won't change from the first time I checked.

Ugh. We did covid tests yesterday at CVS for our Saturday carribean flights. My results came back this morning, but nothing for DH yet. Not sure what to do if his results are not back by tomorrow, try to find somewhere to retest that guarantees 24 hour results? Open to suggestions! I'm envisioning all sorts of things that could have gone wrong like they lost his test kit. The results have to be uploaded to the country website and a letter of approval to enter needs to be printed out, flight leaves very early Saturday.

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on THURSDAY June 10th. (Two weeks from tomorrow). For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 11/5/21 and this next release will take their schedule out to 1/5/22. This is a very popular release covering Thanksgiving and Christmas.
For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:
Release Date Time (eastern)
4/1/21 9:10am
12/10/20 7:15am
8/13/20 9:15am
5/28/20 9:06am
3/12/20 9:40am
12/11/19 9:10am
10/30/19 7:15am
9/26/19 7:30am
8/15/19 10:41am
5/30/19 9:20am

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on THURSDAY June 10th. (Two weeks from tomorrow). For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 11/5/21 and this next release will take their schedule out to 1/5/22. This is a very popular release covering Thanksgiving and Christmas.
For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:
Release Date Time (eastern)
4/1/21 9:10am
12/10/20 7:15am
8/13/20 9:15am
5/28/20 9:06am
3/12/20 9:40am
12/11/19 9:10am
10/30/19 7:15am
9/26/19 7:30am
8/15/19 10:41am
5/30/19 9:20am

I know you do........but I'd keep an eye on this -- I was on Southwest.com earlier, and noticed they had removed the June 10th extension date - it currently says they do not have a date for schedule extension.

Maybe a change in the works.

I know you do........but I'd keep an eye on this -- I was on Southwest.com earlier, and noticed they had removed the June 10th extension date - it currently says they do not have a date for schedule extension.

Maybe a change in the works.
So odd...I just looked and the June 10th date is on there

Last edited:
Anyone have CLEAR and can make a good case for getting it?

We just renewed our Global Entry, but DH is curious to know if Clear would be worth it.

I'm trying to find a 140k or 150k Amex Biz Platinum offer trying to rack up MR for the next year for international travel for the family. Any ideas on how to find one? Best I've seen is 130k.

So odd...I just looked and the June 10th date is on there

Yes, it is still there on the flight schedule page - but it was also appearing in a pop-up from the info button on other pages next to ' Now accepting reservations through November 05, 2021 '. The reference to Jun 10th there has been removed.

1x on my CSR for an inside purchase - coded as “groceries”.
Tks. I'll try a "grocery" card next time. I thought I was being smart grabbing breakfast/lunch stuff during softball tournament and getting 5x on my Freedom lol There's only a small amount of time between games and drive thru's usually take too long. I never pack food anymore because when I do we don't need it, it's like a curse. I guess Buc-ee's is more than a gas station, I think they sell a little of everything, but they have clean restrooms and that's all that really matters ;)

We just renewed our Global Entry, but DH is curious to know if Clear would be worth it.

Clear is one of those options that you can take based on whats going on at the airport. I have yet to utilize it(although i have tried... attempted 1, clear line was closed. atempted 2, reps were too busy helping another group and tsa pre was completely empty).
I had a chance to use it in MIA though, no lines, i would have been able to skip the line entirely since they combined the precheck line with the regular line but i was with someone without clear, that would have saved me a lot of time there.

so it all varies. I currently have the membership for $60 a year so im just kinda waiting for a time where the line for pre is too long, then im happy to have clear.
most of my travelling friends have raved about clear though, so im sure one day i will get the experience it fully.

I noticed when I was checking my SW flights, that the bonus is now 65,000 pts. I wiped out our SW points for a trip in July.

If I apply for a SW card and meet the spend immediately do the SW points show up quick or does it take until the statements ends. Need to book out flights June 10 for Nov.

It really depends on what you can tolerate. I’m in Scotland now, and it as been rainy for most of the week, but I still love it. I was here in Feb when Edinburgh got a ton of snow, and it was fantastic. You shouldn’t come to Scotland any time of year if you will be disappointed with rainy weather. But best chance for nicer weather is probably August/September. I was here last September, and we had some glorious days with very little rain.
Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

Normally I would have trouble with the CIU MSR but I can put my son's private school tuition on it for a 2.85% fee. The 75,000 points are worth way more than the fee so I'm fine paying it. Also we'll get the points for the spend itself.
I have been using my CIC to buy VGCs to pay DS’s private school tuition. The 5x certainly helps cover the fee.

Clear is one of those options that you can take based on whats going on at the airport. I have yet to utilize it(although i have tried... attempted 1, clear line was closed. atempted 2, reps were too busy helping another group and tsa pre was completely empty).
I had a chance to use it in MIA though, no lines, i would have been able to skip the line entirely since they combined the precheck line with the regular line but i was with someone without clear, that would have saved me a lot of time there.

so it all varies. I currently have the membership for $60 a year so im just kinda waiting for a time where the line for pre is too long, then im happy to have clear.
most of my travelling friends have raved about clear though, so im sure one day i will get the experience it fully.

I had Clear and loved it however I think it depends on how/where you are going to travel and if you will be frequenting any of the stadiums/other locations that utilize it. I signed up for it when I was leaving LaGuardia once and the TSA line was long and I thought I might miss the flight. There was no line for Clear and the sign up was quick and I was through in no time. Had I had plans to fly into more of the airports that have Clear I would have kept it. My small local airport doesn't have it and I just didn't see me using it enough renew. But as far as the service itself, I loved it.

Last time I dropped DH's credit limits by 40k a week before applying and it was the worst of both. Chase wouldn't extend him any more credit bc the old limits were still counting against him. They offered to move credit from other cards but most were at their minimums. Now, I reduce limits 30 days in advance but try to leave enough extra to borrow for the new card limits as well.

Well I think I dropped $10k off yesterday. So maybe I'll leave some of the other on there for now so I can move around if needed. That's a good idea probably too!

Sounds good - I think the general advice is to wait 24 hours after receiving confirmation that they have reduced the CL, before submitting a new application. This is to allow for any of their systems that update overnight to catch up with the new limits. Probably not necessary - but I've seen it posted a few times.

Good luck - the CIU is the one card that has evaded me - rejected twice. I think Chase is sensitive to certain business types since the pandemic started, so maybe you can find someone who knows something about the categories to avoid.
I have had my photography business with chase for 16 years. I have a biz checking account. So I would HOPE that shows I'm a legit business. I had no issues getting the CIP (once I was under 5/24, LOL). I guess I'll apply and see. If they reject me, can I apply for the CIC soon after? I PCd the CIP to a CIC, which is why I figured I'd go for the CIU. I know I can still go for a CIC, but I thought having one already might trigger them right now, LOL.

From the travel groups I'm in, people love Clear in areas that have it. DTW has clear, but TSA precheck has never been an issue. Well except for last summer, when 95% of the people in the precheck line weren't supposed to be there. GRRRRR! Normally DTW has someone standing there to check. This was a morning where the airport was PACKED for some reason, and even the precheck line was hella long! I think I watched them "pass through" people at the TSA person, but then had them move over to one of the non-precheck lanes for scanning. So the precheck line was backed up waiting for the non-pre check people to move over to the other lanes. Annoying AF! Also for some reason there were a lot of "random" people who just got assigned pre-check that morning and had NO IDEA how it worked. So they were slowing up the line. It was like the self-scan at the store, LOL. I feel like people shouldn't be "gifted" pre-check as they tend to be clueless and slow down the process!

Well I think I dropped $10k off yesterday. So maybe I'll leave some of the other on there for now so I can move around if needed. That's a good idea probably too!

I have had my photography business with chase for 16 years. I have a biz checking account. So I would HOPE that shows I'm a legit business. I had no issues getting the CIP (once I was under 5/24, LOL). I guess I'll apply and see. If they reject me, can I apply for the CIC soon after? I PCd the CIP to a CIC, which is why I figured I'd go for the CIU. I know I can still go for a CIC, but I thought having one already might trigger them right now, LOL.

From the travel groups I'm in, people love Clear in areas that have it. DTW has clear, but TSA precheck has never been an issue. Well except for last summer, when 95% of the people in the precheck line weren't supposed to be there. GRRRRR! Normally DTW has someone standing there to check. This was a morning where the airport was PACKED for some reason, and even the precheck line was hella long! I think I watched them "pass through" people at the TSA person, but then had them move over to one of the non-precheck lanes for scanning. So the precheck line was backed up waiting for the non-pre check people to move over to the other lanes. Annoying AF! Also for some reason there were a lot of "random" people who just got assigned pre-check that morning and had NO IDEA how it worked. So they were slowing up the line. It was like the self-scan at the store, LOL. I feel like people shouldn't be "gifted" pre-check as they tend to be clueless and slow down the process!
If you are not approved you would have to wait 31 days to apply for another chase business card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter