I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your math looks correct to me. Transferring from Amex is really straight-forward, so you should be all set.

One thing to keep in mind is that if there are any resort fees, Hilton waives them on points only bookings. Marriott does not.
That has not been my experience. Only Hyatt has waived the resort fees. I had to pay them in HI and at my just ended stay at WA In Orlando.

OMG, I am trying to see if I can move our trip in October up a week (will result in a ton of lost value and not the perfect stay) because we lost our dog sitter for the week we are gone. Delta flights are now 98k each?!?!?!?!?!?!
on this same topic, this is making me insane, will SW freak or cancel if I have a one way flight for the same person, booked for 2 days in row? Same departure and destination city? trying to cover my bases in case I have to switch but not 100% sure on days yet.

on this same topic, this is making me insane, will SW freak or cancel if I have a one way flight for the same person, booked for 2 days in row? Same departure and destination city? trying to cover my bases in case I have to switch but not 100% sure on days yet.
I’ve had flights booked on SW for us 2 days in a row and nothing has been cancelled...

Any chance a $300 AA charge will trigger AmexAspire airline credit? It only works for charges under $100?
So what triggers then? Nothing?
I tried Flyertalk but not being familiar with that forum, I can't find anything there.
It's not very useful but I have bought mileage multipliers for several flights using my Amex Plat. At least, I don't feel that credit is a total waste.

That has not been my experience. Only Hyatt has waived the resort fees. I had to pay them in HI and at my just ended stay at WA In Orlando.

Were those resorts not following the Hilton terms?

"No resort fees on Reward Stays
No resort fees Reward stays booked using all Points, or for Promotional free night stays (e.g., issued by credit card partners, etc.)."

https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-honors/benefit-terms/

The member benefits page still lists
"
No resort fees on Reward Stays
No resort fees Reward stays booked using all Points, or for Promotional free night stays (e.g., issued by credit card partners, etc.)."

I'd call Hilton Honors to see why those properties are charging you resort fees. Maybe they're sneaky and called it something else? But I haven't seen any updates saying this benefit has changed.

We use the Costco Citibank for 2 extra years of extended warranty. Luckily, haven't had to use it, so I don't know how easy they are to deal with. I have heard that Amex is easy, but it would only be 1 year.
Thanks, I wish I had a card with 2 extra years! But also no Costco near where I live.

from time to time, resorts will charge fees by accident. U will need to get them waived on check out. If becomes a hassle if u walk away after check out... at least for me.
I'm thinking that's what happened to @Alexle2007

I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the latest T&C for this year (Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions Effective Date: January 4, 2021. ) and it still lists the same benefit, just without the typo.

We're not the only ones that double dip, apparently! But don't like it as much when the hotels do it.

We had to use the Visa warranty on a range about 6 months ago. It died 14 months after purchase on our CSR. DH handled it all but seemed pretty straightforward. We bought and installed a different one (very limited availability during pandemic) then they sent us a check for the full cost of the original one. We were worried bc we had pc'ed CSR to CSP a few months earlier, but it wasn't an issue at all.
Glad that worked out for you! I think I will use the Biz card I got about a month ago. That will help get me the SUB faster too.

Quick question, not so quick answer.

The short of it is, yes, if your boss wants to fly First on miles with UA and there are no Saver awards available, then she’ll need to pay the higher Everyday award fare.

The upside is, it’s possible UA may release more First Saver award availability closer to departure but it’s not a certainty. If your boss booked her flights on UA metal using UA miles, and Saver awards later become available, she can cancel her original booking and have the miles redeposited (and taxes/fees refunded) with no redeposit fee if she cancels more than 30 days prior to departure. The miles are redeposited immediately and become available to use to book the Saver awards. For awards canceled within 30 days, there is a $125 redeposit fee.

It used to be that UA would release Saver awards when they opened their schedule, some 330 days out. That’s no longer the case. There may be some Saver awards released at schedule open or a few weeks later, but UA could also wait to see how the flight is selling. So it’s not necessarily the case that First Saver awards were booked up a while ago. They may not have ever been released. If sales are lagging, UA may release some more award seats, especially as they get closer to departure. If sales are good and they think they can sell the seats, the chances of releasing more award inventory is lower. Unfortunately, there’s no telling if/when UA will release more award inventory. You can check frequently, or sign up for alerts through services like ExpertFlyer or SeatSpy.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the detailed reply! I’ll share this with her.

Were those resorts not following the Hilton terms?

"No resort fees on Reward Stays

https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-honors/benefit-terms/
Ok, I figured it out. The resort fee is on my confirmation email when I booked but it looks like they have removed the charge from the bill today.

I did not want to give them an extra $135.

Attachments

• 82983E1B-EDED-4568-A472-8096E9E518BA.png
    82983E1B-EDED-4568-A472-8096E9E518BA.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 18
Another DP for anyone traveling to Hawaii soon. Just returned from our rapid tests from Walgreens. Scheduled 4 of us 3 days out. We couldn’t go all at once since they only have 2 machines to run. So kids went first, then said to come back about 25 minutes later. They were very friendly and helpful. Explained how to do the test and said if tests came back inconclusive, they would call for us to come back (that was such a relief as we live 90 minutes away!). While we waited we went to Buca (apparently it’s on the AA dining program so we earned extra miles...bonus as we are saving for a Alaska next summer)
Result emails came back in about 65 minutes from the first test! Got home and uploaded to safe travels. Very easy! Such a relief to have that finished!

On a credit card note...I didn’t realize the CSR had the priority pass. We do have a layover in DFW but I’m guessing since I just activated it, I’m out of luck for this trip???

DH's CSR travel credit reset today (AF didn't post), I already bought $300 DGC for our trip later this summer. I will have him call as soon as the credit post, but what is everyone downgrading their cards too? We have the original Freedom, I'm thinking the Flex for the cell protection but it only earns 1pt/$1 right? I'm going to be downgrading my CSP too, so maybe downgrade mine to the CFU?

DH's CSR travel credit reset today (AF didn't post), I already bought $300 DGC for our trip later this summer. I will have him call as soon as the credit post, but what is everyone downgrading their cards too? We have the original Freedom, I'm thinking the Flex for the cell protection but it only earns 1pt/$1 right? I'm going to be downgrading my CSP too, so maybe downgrade mine to the CFU?
My plan is to downgrade DH’s CSR to Flex. I would think if you have the original and the Flex might be nice if you can max out the 5x on both.

I PCed my CSR to a CFU. Maybe the wrong way for me to look at it, but I was kind of looking for a card I wouldn't really use and had a really low sign up bonus so I didn't feel like I was missing out on something by PCing to it. On the plus side, I did get a good offer on it for $35 off AT&T wireless service, and it actually credited. And, Chase prorated the annual fee for the CSR, which I know I was told, but had sort of written off as a loss.

Here's the CFU categories:

Earn cash back
Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards.*Same page link to Offer Details

Earn 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services.*Same page link to Offer Details

Earn 3% on drugstore purchases.*Same page link to Offer Details

Earn 1.5% on all other purchases.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter