I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be first to ask a question I’m sure has and will get asked many times - for CSP supports, how long does it usually take for the support points to show up after card approval?

Last edited:
DH's CSP denial was income verification, I need to fax our tax return. yay! doing that this morning, anyway to expedite the process?
Woohoo! and congrats! I faxed in DH’s info on Monday, today it changed to 30 days. Hoping for approval tomorrow 🤞
sending wishes that your approval is soon. How did you find out about needing income verification? Letter in the mail or on the site? I was too optimistic about DH’s app for CSP. Got the need more time message.

I was just thinking of all the work! Keeping everything organized. Changing out credit cards every couple of weeks. Just keeping the flow going.

So, where does a person go from here? I imagine Amex is in the rear view mirror. Is there anything left to move on to?
Surprisingly easy once you get in a groove.

As for where I go? Well, first I had to change all my auto-pays. That sucked. But then Greece on Sunday :banana:

But really I'm just gonna lean back a little and take some time off getting any cards. I'm surprised it took this long, tbh. But I will miss aspects- loved Hyatt card- Loved CSR. I wish I could have them for simple organic spend and just never get approved again. But thats the game. We all play with fire, some more risk adverse than others; and sometimes we get burned.

I'm moving to AMEX as my primary spend card with a Citi MC as my backup. Will still try to abuse Citi as much as I can but am going to step back from AMEX as well long term and play it a little safer than what I had been doing previously. Don't want to lose Centurion. That was always the plan- if either Chase or AMEX got me (I was abusing both), I'd settle down on the other so I didn't lose both of the "best" cards.

No complaints and would do it again. They got me- not even gonna "fight" AFs I just paid. It is what it is.
Was a good run though. Guess Ill just have to pay cash for Hyatt now... like a regular person! Gross!:rotfl:

Well, I gambled and waited for the new offer on the Charles Schwab AmEx Platinum, but I did not count on this new language today: “Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card or previous versions of the Platinum Card.”

I tried to apply anyway, but was hit with the popup. I am sitting on 500K MR, so now I am seriously considering applying for the CS Plat despite the new higher annual fee, garbage (for me) credits, and no SUB. I guess I will wait to see how things shake out over the next week before I make a decision. At least P2 got her CS Plat 2 months ago.

Well, I gambled and waited for the new offer on the Charles Schwab AmEx Platinum, but I did not count on this new language today: “Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card or previous versions of the Platinum Card.”

I tried to apply anyway, but was hit with the popup. I am sitting on 500K MR, so now I am seriously considering applying for the CS Plat despite the new higher annual fee, garbage (for me) credits, and no SUB. I guess I will wait to see how things shake out over the next week before I make a decision. At least P2 got her CS Plat 2 months ago.
I’d still hit the spend. It wouldn’t be the first popup that still got a bonus as of late.

I want to take advantage of some of the elevated bonuses currently out there

current cards:
Me: disney visa

husband: southwest regular and premier

we are both au’s on each others cards

we prefer delta and southwest by far, and I want to at least get the delta gold card at the 70,000 miles bonus. That will be in husbands name since there will be times he uses it for travel by himself.

i am considering getting the chase sapphire preferred card for myself for the great sign on bonus and use those miles through southwest.

thoughts?

I was just thinking of all the work! Keeping everything organized. Changing out credit cards every couple of weeks. Just keeping the flow going.

So, where does a person go from here? I imagine Amex is in the rear view mirror. Is there anything left to move on to?
I'm wondering the same....and if there's any sort of fallout to deal with too.

I’d still hit the spend. It wouldn’t be the first popup that still got a bonus as of late.

I have been around r/churning for several years, started down this path in 2015 simply because it enabled a Disney World trip which would have otherwise been impossible. It has been life altering for me and my family. I mostly lurk, being overall pretty busy and relatively conflict averse (LOL) but I have to say that the drama never ceases to entertain.

I am amazed of the overlap between there and here, i feel a some real camaraderie in that! I think it is interesting that people who essentially travel for 'free' or highly subsidized, still choose to do disney. FWIW, I appreciate all you have done for the community over the years. I for one, will stick to pushing as far as I can while still staying under the radar lol.

So Platinum AF hit 6/24. I need to cancel it within 30 days? I got a retention offer last year so I know that's off the table. Just want to order something from Saks but it is a pre-order to ship no later than 7/11 so I need to make sure the item ships, I'm charged, and I get the credit before I cancel. Otherwise I can just drive to Saks and buy a gift card but it's about 30 minutes away and I usually only go when the dog is getting groomed.

Authorized user question. I have Chase SP and DH is authorized user. Am I able to refer him to get his own card while he is still an authorized user on my account or does that automatically preclude him from getting his own Chase SP through my referral?

New AMEX Platinum benefits do not interest me at all. If I don't have a really nice retention offer when I call next week it will be an easy cancel.
Same! I won't be keeping it pass a year. Maybe if the digital credit had more option, but that is super lame, I'll use it but not a good enough reason to keep it.

I did do a quick search on the $200 hotel credit, those can be used at the Swan & Dolphin, Universal Loew's Hotels. At least there's that.

Same! I won't be keeping it pass a year. Maybe if the digital credit had more option, but that is super lame, I'll use it but not a good enough reason to keep it.

I did do a quick search on the $200 hotel credit, those can be used at the Swan & Dolphin, Universal Loew's Hotels. At least there's that.

Good to know about Universal Hotels....can book one last stay hopefully and get the credit to post before cancelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter