I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they do the credit by just taking it off your bill (so nothing shows up). But keep an eye out in case any charges show up later. I prefer the credit to bill method so I can see it!

How disappointing that the express passes didn't work! Did you end up getting it fixed?

Yes. We tried to go through Hulk EP and our cards were reading unknown. Our room key clearly said Portofino 7/30 so the girl was nice and let us through. Afterwards we had to go to guest services and get issues a paper pass for the day. If we weren’t leaving the next morning we would have had new room keys issued at the hotel.

OK it's been awhile and I'm rusty on transferring points (URs) to travel partners. Long story short, I signed up for a couple of the disney races in January and need to fly down and back for them. 3 tickets needed. And I'm remembering something about how SW is the "best" one to transfer points to because of something something changes and/or cancellations? Can someone refresh my memory?

And yes, I've compared the difference with *paying* with points versus transferring points, and it's a better deal for us to transfer, even with a CIP and CSP multiplier.

OK it's been awhile and I'm rusty on transferring points (URs) to travel partners. Long story short, I signed up for a couple of the disney races in January and need to fly down and back for them. 3 tickets needed. And I'm remembering something about how SW is the "best" one to transfer points to because of something something changes and/or cancellations? Can someone refresh my memory?

And yes, I've compared the difference with *paying* with points versus transferring points, and it's a better deal for us to transfer, even with a CIP and CSP multiplier.
I think what you might be thinking of is SW’s change and cancellation policy. You can cancel any flight up until like 30 minutes ahead of time and get your points refunded to your Rapid Rewards account (along with your $5.60 in taxes refunded to your credit card). Also, if the price of your SW flight drops, it’s super easy to “change” your flight to the same flight at the lower price and get a refund of the point difference.

that sounds right. and it's something that the other airlines apparently don't do. (I've only flown a few times, so I'm not well versed in the airline stuff.)

Toying with refinancing to a 15-year mortgage. I'm at 2.5%. I can get 2.0% with 1 point and $20K out to re-do my master bath (is that reasonable for a not huge master bath that doesn't need to be fancy? Would not move plumbing ideally). Monthly payment would go up less than $100.

Toying with refinancing to a 15-year mortgage. I'm at 2.5%. I can get 2.0% with 1 point and $20K out to re-do my master bath (is that reasonable for a not huge master bath that doesn't need to be fancy? Would not move plumbing ideally). Monthly payment would go up less than $100.
We’ve been on a 15 yr for the last 9 years and don’t regret it at all. I love seeing how much principal goes towards the loan rather than towards interest. $20k seems reasonable but it depends on the finishes.

We’ve been on a 15 yr for the last 9 years and don’t regret it at all. I love seeing how much principal goes towards the loan rather than towards interest. $20k seems reasonable but it depends on the finishes.
I refinanced last year from 30- to 15-year. Should have taken some equity out then. And nothing fancy (but I'm sure my mom's opinions will push me toward more expensive options!).

I redid our master bath about 4 years ago for less than that. Most of the fixtures stayed where they were although I moved the toilet a smidge. This was using more of a handy man and me ordering everything for him. This also allowed me to use CC's for most of it. I got everything from Lowe's, local tile store, Houzz and Pottery Barn, so a mixture of higher end and mid-level.

Thinking about P2 adding a Hilton Aspire. If we both want to use FNC, are we able to combine at the same resort?
You have to book 2 separate reservations, but in my experience if you request to be kept in the same room they are good about doing that. You will more than likely have to get a new room key on the second reservation, which is as easy as stopping by the desk in the afternoon.

You have to book 2 separate reservations, but in my experience if you request to be kept in the same room they are good about doing that. You will more than likely have to get a new room key on the second reservation, which is as easy as stopping by the desk in the afternoon.
I just called the diamond desk and they were able to combine certificate from P1 and P2 accounts for a single reservation. I needed the phone number, email address & hilton member number to do that. It took about 10 minutes. (Waldorf Astoria in Vegas:))

Back to this question, I came across this FT thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...if-platinum-card-cancelled-after-booking.html
I still think it'll be fine. :)

According to the terms, you do need to settle your bill with an Amex (any Amex). But the hotel may or may not enforce that.
Thanks for coming back to this and linking the thread. I think I’ll be fine. DH has regular and Schwab Plat. Schwab he just got in April so he will still have that one for January and February stays. So at least I’ll even have a Plat to use. Should be fine.

Oopsie. My Lowe's credit card (opened in 2017 but never used) was just closed for inactivity.

At least Victoria's Secret emailed me first to remind me I had no activity on it so I could keep it open (it's my longest -open card)!

I still haven't decided what to do about my CSP (leave open and pay the AF or close it). Ugh...

Oopsie. My Lowe's credit card (opened in 2017 but never used) was just closed for inactivity.

At least Victoria's Secret emailed me first to remind me I had no activity on it so I could keep it open (it's my longest -open card)!

I still haven't decided what to do about my CSP (leave open and pay the AF or close it). Ugh...
You can downgrade to a fee free version.

I just called the diamond desk and they were able to combine certificate from P1 and P2 accounts for a single reservation. I needed the phone number, email address & hilton member number to do that. It took about 10 minutes. (Waldorf Astoria in Vegas:))

I'm curious if it's one reservation under P1 or P2 even though the FNC came from different accounts. Does the reservation only show up under one account?

Thinking about P2 adding a Hilton Aspire. If we both want to use FNC, are we able to combine at the same resort?

Our Grand Wailea reservation, the 2 FNC reservation stayed in DH's account and 1 FNC in mine. I think they put a note to link the reservations, but I also let them know at check-in. We didn't have to change rooms or update room keys, but we had 2 bills (and the points went to our respective accounts).

When I've called to use DH's FNCs, they've texted a code to the e-mail on file in order to verify. So would be handy to have that open and ready. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter