• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, TBF dogs will eat garbage and their own poop so commercial dog food of any kind is a step up. :rotfl2:
Seriously though, wild carnivores eat the whole carcass, not just the meat, so even though it's not appealing to us, feeding innards and such is not a bad things for dogs.

Dude's been eating blue buffalo lamb and rice for at least 10 years. Whenever science diet stopped making the beef and rice I had started him on. He'll be 15 in Nov and you wouldn't know it other than from his going grey.

And he will still eat his poo. Worst habit I couldn't break no matter what I tried. He was/still is a pain to potty train and I never yelled at him for going in the house, painted wood floors didn't worry me and a mess can be cleaned up. But I'm guessing he felt the need to hide it and still does. Unless it just smells and tastes that good :sick:

Hi everyone! I am popping in to say hi and to ask for some advice. I have been a SW card holder for many years and have thoroughly reaped the rewards of that, I enjoy it and plan to continue using it regularly. That is currently my only credit card and I am ready to start exploring the more in-depth world of rewards. This comes at a good time because I am currently planning and paying for my upcoming wedding at Disney World. On top of the wedding expenses the actual trip will be a lot more expensive than usual. We are staying at the Poly and buying annual passes. We are looking at about $20k with everything combined. I can happily charge this to my SW but I figured there was a better to get the best bang for my buck. I am also interested to know if any credit cards are best for wholesale clubs, I would love to take advantage of the 5% off $500 gift cards at BJs but if I can compound that with cash back that would be ideal. Disney allows me to pay $5,000 on my wedding using gift cards, we also have the hotel stay and annual passes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

Anyone know how Priceline codes on a SW Visa? I had a 5X promotion for travel & charged my Priceline hotel booking thinking it would code as travel. Promotion is over & now I don’t think it did. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Dude's been eating blue buffalo lamb and rice for at least 10 years. Whenever science diet stopped making the beef and rice I had started him on. He'll be 15 in Nov and you wouldn't know it other than from his going grey.

And he will still eat his poo. Worst habit I couldn't break no matter what I tried. He was/still is a pain to potty train and I never yelled at him for going in the house, painted wood floors didn't worry me and a mess can be cleaned up. But I'm guessing he felt the need to hide it and still does. Unless it just smells and tastes that good :sick:

Replying to myself to say doxies are notoriously stubborn and hard to potty train. He's a stubborn little butt that would rather hold it all night than potty outside before bed. They would make terrible assistance dogs, I don't think you could easily train one to go on command.

Hi everyone! I am popping in to say hi and to ask for some advice. I have been a SW card holder for many years and have thoroughly reaped the rewards of that, I enjoy it and plan to continue using it regularly. That is currently my only credit card and I am ready to start exploring the more in-depth world of rewards. This comes at a good time because I am currently planning and paying for my upcoming wedding at Disney World. On top of the wedding expenses the actual trip will be a lot more expensive than usual. We are staying at the Poly and buying annual passes. We are looking at about $20k with everything combined. I can happily charge this to my SW but I figured there was a better to get the best bang for my buck. I am also interested to know if any credit cards are best for wholesale clubs, I would love to take advantage of the 5% off $500 gift cards at BJs but if I can compound that with cash back that would be ideal. Disney allows me to pay $5,000 on my wedding using gift cards, we also have the hotel stay and annual passes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

Everyone that is eligible for the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) bonus should get one and so should their partner (P2), if they have one.

You should apply for the CSP, earn at least 104,000 UR (100K bonus + 4K spend), then your P2 would uses your support link to apply for the CSP too that would earn you 20K URs for the support link plus another 104K for the bonus. That is an easy 228,000 URs, which is worth $2,850 in travel when you use it on the Chase travel portal. Chase currently has pay yourself back (PYB) option at grocery stores and most of us have been buying Disney gift cards (DGC) at Walmart Neighborhood market, then using PYB to erase those transactions. You could buy $1,300 in DGC before 9/31/2021, then once your bonus post you could use PYB to erase those purchases. And do the same if you have a P2.

Another good UR earning option is the Chase Freedom or Freedom Flex. The current bonus is $200 (20K URs) + you can earn 5 URs per dollar at grocery stores up to $12,000 in the first year. If you can max that out, that's 60K URs, which you can transfer to your CSP. The Freedom Flex will come with rotating quarterly 5% bonus and warehouses are always part of one of those quarterly bonus. Again, if you have a P2, they could get their own Freedom Flex and double the bonus.

Don't forget to use a support link, someone here can add you to the Reddit group, we like to support each other in this active group.

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind. I guess I hate not knowing what else is ground up in the food. I do grain free dry food.
I do grain free for my Bostons too. I went through like 6 foods when my first was young, and all of them seemed to make his stomach irritated or he had really bad gas. When we switched to grain free, it made a world of difference. We do supplement with some fresh food and other things as well.
So the breeder sent us home with a can of tripe (muscle tissue from lambs' stomachs). People swear by it and it's really good for picky/sick dogs because they will inhale it. I thought it was gross (and smelly) but it was tough getting my puppy to eat and she loved the tripe. I have her settled on Fromm's puppy food (recommended by the breeder who is a dog food snob) and Wellness canned toppers (she prefers whitefish). I do think back to my parents' first dog that ate canned Alpo and the world has definitely changed!
We feed sheep tripe and lamb tripe as treats occasionally. I call them their "outdoor treats" cuz of the smell, lol.
Replying to myself to say doxies are notoriously stubborn and hard to potty train. He's a stubborn little butt that would rather hold it all night than potty outside before bed. They would make terrible assistance dogs, I don't think you could easily train one to go on command.
Omg my friend just got a 10 week old Doxie puppy, and that thing will squat right in front of her inside and pee/poop after JUST coming back from going potty 5 minutes prior. She is having a tough time potty training him. Her parents also have a Doxie, and he's like 5 and still goes in the house. I must say, they are making both of my Bostons seem like dream dogs to potty train, lol. Tbh, both of my Bostons were very eager to please and completely house-trained by 4 months old. Never any accidents inside since.

Last edited:

The best thing to do is to sign up for multiple credit cards for their sign up bonuses. That is going to get you the most value. I second what @becauseimnew said. The CSP is at an all time high and if you can refer to Player 2 that would get you a lot of UR Points with Chase, which are highly valuable. But there are rules to signing up for different cards so run everything through us here and we can help.

One question would be when do you plan on the $20,000 spend. Now or spread out over a year.... this will help in recommending cards also.

My oldest DD is going to a wedding where everyone is staying at the Chase Park Plaza in St Louis. I was trying to see if I could help her in anyway with points. It looks like it's part of a chain of Sonesta Hotels. I've never even heard of that. For some reason I thought the Chase Park Plaza was a Hyatt hotel, but I was completely wrong about that.

Anyway, does anyone know any good deals at Sonesta Hotels?

Thanks!

Looking for my next card. I'm currently 3/24 with Chase. My latest was the United Quest on 6/7/21. I have the CF from 10/19 and Cap One Spark Business from 1/2020. I have a CSR (PC'ed it 2/2021 from a CSP opened 7/2019). I have a CIP for our business opened in Jan 2021 and DH has the CIP, CIC and CIU for the business, all since May 2021. My P2's credit is not stellar so he's had to apply for his cards at Chase bank thru the manager, but that is where all of our business accounts are, so no support link from me. I was denied a CIC back in May 2021. I have the AMEX cash, memebership rewards card, and the Delta skymiles all from before 2016. I'll need a new SW card at the end of this year when there's a good bonus. My CP expires 12/2021. I need to book flights from Houston to London for Sept 1, 2022. Cruising out of Dover September 4-11, 2022 with DCL. Points seem high on United for the London, esp business/ first class seats. I have a few thousand MR's and 30,000 Delta miles.

Omg my friend just got a 10 week old Doxie puppy, and that thing will squat right in front of her inside and pee/poop after JUST coming back from going potty 5 minutes prior. She is having a tough time potty training him. Her parents also have a Doxie, and he's like 5 and still goes in the house. I must say, they are making both of my Bostons seem like dream dogs to potty train, lol. Tbh, both of my Bostons were very eager to please and completely house-trained by 4 months old. Never any accidents inside since

Sounds about right. I tried teaching dude the bell method, the little #$&÷ would ring it after he pottied on the pee pad. They are smart dogs but it doesn't always work how it should.

I think we lucked out with the doxie we had growing up. We had a long run with a chain and he'd want to go outside and play and stuff. Would go when he was out and when he was done he'd come to the door to be let in. Dude's just like, you want me to do what? Where? No that's not happening.

Couldn't crate train, he'd go in it. How I ended up with him sleeping on the bed, he at least would wake me up. He also refuses to go for walks but will run around the backyard, well more of a stroll now. It's annoying but I'd rather have him and clean the mess up than not have him.

My oldest DD is going to a wedding where everyone is staying at the Chase Park Plaza in St Louis. I was trying to see if I could help her in anyway with points. It looks like it's part of a chain of Sonesta Hotels. I've never even heard of that. For some reason I thought the Chase Park Plaza was a Hyatt hotel, but I was completely wrong about that.

Anyway, does anyone know any good deals at Sonesta Hotels?

Thanks!
They have a free membership program like other hotel chains with benefits. Benefits look pretty minimal but they do offer status matching if she's got status at any other hotel chains. Link

Looking for my next card. I'm currently 3/24 with Chase. My latest was the United Quest on 6/7/21. I have the CF from 10/19 and Cap One Spark Business from 1/2020. I have a CSR (PC'ed it 2/2021 from a CSP opened 7/2019). I have a CIP for our business opened in Jan 2021 and DH has the CIP, CIC and CIU for the business, all since May 2021. My P2's credit is not stellar so he's had to apply for his cards at Chase bank thru the manager, but that is where all of our business accounts are, so no support link from me. I was denied a CIC back in May 2021. I have the AMEX cash, memebership rewards card, and the Delta skymiles all from before 2016. I'll need a new SW card at the end of this year when there's a good bonus. My CP expires 12/2021. I need to book flights from Houston to London for Sept 1, 2022. Cruising out of Dover September 4-11, 2022 with DCL. Points seem high on United for the London, esp business/ first class seats. I have a few thousand MR's and 30,000 Delta miles.

If you have high spend, maybe the Amex business platinum? There's a 150k for $15k spend offer, I'm not sure if that's still around. I know the 130k offer is. If your DH has any Amex cards, he can support you from any card (personal or biz). Annual fee is high at $595. There's a $200 airline incidentals credit, $200 Dell credit, Centurion Lounge access, among other benefits.

There's a bunch of transfer bonuses going on. Maybe one works for you. But it ends 9/30, so you'd have to make the spend quickly. Since you already have MRs, the points should post quickly after you make spend.

https://frequentmiler.com/wow-12x-m...-bonuses-aeroplan-avios-virgin-atlantic-more/

For pet lovers.

In the last few days I have been ordering pet food, using some offers from both PetSmart, Chewy and Chase.

PetSmart was offering 30% off autoship. I had a heck of a time trying to get stuff into the cart because it was coming up as unavailable after I chose it. This was mostly with Fancy Feast canned food, which my cats love. They also get dry food. I'm feeding 3 cats, total. 2 are mine and one is for charity. Finally gave up and just went with the dog food. This alone was over $90. Once the order processed, it then showed what had shipped. Waited 2 days and called as the shipped items were short 40% of my order. Was assured by PetSmart customer service I would get another email once the remainder shipped. Meanwhile, I'm using the 30% offer for autoship and 20% off through the Chase offer up to $14, so I want ALL my order.

I reverted to Chewy for the cat food. Usually I can order from Chewy and it's here the next day. No discounts except the autoship discount. This order may arrive tomorrow, according to tracking. So 5 days this time, and it's coming from Ocala, Florida. Usually, it comes from Pennsylvania or somewhere in Maryland.

The Petsmart CS alluded to 'big changes'. Seemed like she was referring to possible shortages over the coming months plus rising prices. @amalone1013 ? any insight?
I'm here! Hmmmmmm I know ingredients have still been tight but we've been able to get in what we need at my location. I think packing materials have also been hard to get in, and we're expecting ingredient costs to go up. We've continued to sell more than expected too. And we're headed into our busiest time of year...
But I appreciate your support of my company :rotfl:
Yikes. Everything is such a hot mess. I can't find Gatorade in stores right now. DD is having a crazy time trying to get meals in college because they keep running out of food, don't have enough staff, etc. This just feels like we will never get back to normal:(
Our vending machines have been stocking powerade warning of gatorade shortages and also to expect powerade shortages. Running out of food in college is crazy!

On the dog food topic, our rescue dog eats like she's dying, every meal. Even though we have had her almost 5 years. The vet called her chubby and said she needed to trim down. So she get frozen green beans in her bowl at every meal, to add bulk without a bunch of calories. She LOVES them, but she is also the swallow it now, ask questions later kinda dog. Our doodle won't touch them, you hold one out to him and he turns his head.
ILs have 3 doodles and 2 are kinda tubby and I know MIL knows about green beans, but she won't even try it - I think their doodles would eat them. Their main exercise is swimming but that's obviously seasonal.
So the breeder sent us home with a can of tripe (muscle tissue from lambs' stomachs). People swear by it and it's really good for picky/sick dogs because they will inhale it. I thought it was gross (and smelly) but it was tough getting my puppy to eat and she loved the tripe. I have her settled on Fromm's puppy food (recommended by the breeder who is a dog food snob) and Wellness canned toppers (she prefers whitefish). I do think back to my parents' first dog that ate canned Alpo and the world has definitely changed!
I remember when we had to switch from feeding the family dog whichever bag was cheapest to a prescription science diet type and felt like it was so expensive. And the bag was $30ish to begin with. Last I worked at a clinic (2014) it was up to $60 at that time. I pay more for my cat's food than we ever paid for the family dog's science diet during her lifetime. Also in a nerdy way I am somewhat fascinated by the pet food trends.

I'm here! Hmmmmmm I know ingredients have still been tight but we've been able to get in what we need at my location. I think packing materials have also been hard to get in, and we're expecting ingredient costs to go up. We've continued to sell more than expected too. And we're headed into our busiest time of year...
But I appreciate your support of my company :rotfl:

Our vending machines have been stocking powerade warning of gatorade shortages and also to expect powerade shortages. Running out of food in college is crazy!

ILs have 3 doodles and 2 are kinda tubby and I know MIL knows about green beans, but she won't even try it - I think their doodles would eat them. Their main exercise is swimming but that's obviously seasonal.

I remember when we had to switch from feeding the family dog whichever bag was cheapest to a prescription science diet type and felt like it was so expensive. And the bag was $30ish to begin with. Last I worked at a clinic (2014) it was up to $60 at that time. I pay more for my cat's food than we ever paid for the family dog's science diet during her lifetime. Also in a nerdy way I am somewhat fascinated by the pet food trends.

Thanks for answering, Alyssa!

I'm thinking I did the right thing to get ahead a little with my supplies.

Target just sent a buy $40 in pet supplies, get $10 gift card.

edit: I have a mountain of card board boxes from PetSmart and Chewy ready to recycle tomorrow! (I know, probably different packing material, but I've never had this many boxes to get rid of other than when I moved!)

doodles and 2 are kinda tubby and I know MIL knows about green beans, but she won't even try it - I think their doodles would eat them. Their main exercise is swimming but that's obviously seasonal.
Luckily my fussy doodle is skinny as can be, could actually use a pound or so, he's super high energy.

Target just sent a buy $40 in pet supplies, get $10 gift card.

Saw this but does not work for shipping and they just have the small dog food bags in stores... I have been getting it from Menards while they still are running their 11% rebate the last few times.

If you have high spend, maybe the Amex business platinum? There's a 150k for $15k spend offer, I'm not sure if that's still around. I know the 130k offer is. If your DH has any Amex cards, he can support you from any card (personal or biz). Annual fee is high at $595. There's a $200 airline incidentals credit, $200 Dell credit, Centurion Lounge access, among other benefits.

There's a bunch of transfer bonuses going on. Maybe one works for you. But it ends 9/30, so you'd have to make the spend quickly. Since you already have MRs, the points should post quickly after you make spend.

https://frequentmiler.com/wow-12x-m...-bonuses-aeroplan-avios-virgin-atlantic-more/
Don't think I can do the high spend at our business. Just put $5500 on the CIU for the office yesterday, and will do the remaining $2000 later this month to hit the SUB DH has no Amex cards. I was thinking maybe do a CIU or CIC under my name but not sure how to apply for an alternate "business".

They have a free membership program like other hotel chains with benefits. Benefits look pretty minimal but they do offer status matching if she's got status at any other hotel chains. Link

Thanks - I'll have her check that out. Since I'm sure she'd never stay enough to get any value from their program, she could at least book through hotels.com to get a one night credit.

Don't think I can do the high spend at our business. Just put $5500 on the CIU for the office yesterday, and will do the remaining $2000 later this month to hit the SUB DH has no Amex cards. I was thinking maybe do a CIU or CIC under my name but not sure how to apply for an alternate "business".

You would apply as a sole proprietorship and your name as the business name. A lot of side gigs can count, resale is a popular one.

Ah, I see. I’m going back to lurking as my comments are rarely helpful. it happens a lot.

I think we learn the most from mistakes. I recently gave bad advice about the timeframe for a reservation guarantee and it sparked a good discussion that a reader benefitted from- and knew to ask for cash or points compensation they may not have otherwise asked for.

And I think you recently gave me info I needed about the Reserve opening getting pushed back… so don’t just lurk. We need all points of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter