I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually transfer mine to JetBlue - though I did send some to AA under the current limited time offer. They have a bunch of airline transfer partners -not sure if you can still get gift cards.
Yeah, I found a list of partners, none of them work for me :-). There must be some use for them LOL KLM and Virgin I think partner with Delta?

Amex Uber/Eats credit problem (looking back this has been going on for a while):

1) Eats Pass: Still get a delivery fee at times. Is this normal?
Support claims it wasn't activated until the end of that month (it activates at the end of every month for the next)

2) Credtis: Two Plats and a Gold ($15 + $15 + $10), so $40 per month, right?
Support claims the $30 I got credited on a $60 bill was from ONE Plat (the primary), and two month's worth.
No way that's correct, right?

3) Email offer: For $15 off of a $30 order. Didn't credit either

ETA: Yan realized he wasn't going to be able to help me, so he transferred me to a different department, who will email me. If this happens, I will let y'all know how things go

Last edited:
Yeah, I found a list of partners, none of them work for me :-). There must be some use for them LOL KLM and Virgin I think partner with Delta?
We have gotten value out of them, and when we are in a lull period with AmEx or Chase waiting for 5/24 to expire we will look to Citi- but I will always take URs and MRs over TYPs- even though 'technically' their valuation (depending on who is doing the valuation) can offer better returns in certain cases. We will get them when we are out of other options, but definitely not our first choice. A lot of people love TYPs, so it really comes down to individual preferences.

Last edited:

Does anyone have a data point on getting a CL increased for US bank business cards? DH applied for the US bank biz leverage visa last week & they approved him today with a 1k CL 😒 Since the MSR is $7500 in 4 months, he wouldn’t be able to meet MSR with that. I’m wondering if they intentionally gave him such a low credit limit because of the MSR offer or if he can call or message to get it increased a few thousand.
I wouldn't max the credit, pay it, max it again. But, I have no problem charging some, paying off and charging again. I do that often without an issue. I check balances daily and usually make some payments weekly.

Just read on Doctor of Credit that Chase has switched from using Expedia back to the prior company for travel bookings. Wonder if Disney will come back as an option.

Would be great news if so, but I seem to recall they were actively blocking Disney properties rather than the "it just does not work" line they started off with.

I was thinking about trying that, but wasn’t sure how strict they were about cycling CL. He doesn’t have a relationship with U.S. Bank so I kind of figured he was just going to denied, when he got the 7-10 days message. I was surprised when the email came through today that he was approved.
I would call or message them and ask for an increased credit line, or if you'll need to charge/pay several times a month in order to earn the SUB. It would be nice to have their response in writing or recorded, especially if you are like me and worry about angering the bank gods.

I know. I'm not keeping it without a retention offer. I'll just have to figure out a different way to get access to the DL lounge. Need more points there anyway.
Depending on how often you are flying DL, it might be better to get the Delta Plat at $250 and then $39 per use. I'm thinking about it since it also includes a MC companion cert.
Correct, both KLM and Virgin Atlantic partner with Delta. Using KLM can usually get you on Delta metal.

Amex Uber/Eats credit problem (looking back this has been going on for a while):

1) Eats Pass: Still get a delivery fee at times. Is this normal?
Support claims it wasn't activated until the end of that month (it activates at the end of every month for the next)

2) Credtis: Two Plats and a Gold ($15 + $15 + $10), so $40 per month, right?
Support claims the $30 I got credited on a $60 bill was from ONE Plat (the primary), and two month's worth.
No way that's correct, right?

3) Email offer: For $15 off of a $30 order. Didn't credit either

ETA: Yan realized he wasn't going to be able to help me, so he transferred me to a different department, who will email me. If this happens, I will let y'all know how things go

On the Uber Eats receipt, it shows how much of the Amex benefit was applied. Does that show up correctly? The only ways I can think of that two months worth of credits would get applied is if you were credited/refunded for one month's worth, then that becomes a regular credit that doesn't expire. Or if an Amex credit deposited early (tends to happen for the Gold for me) before the current month's expired. That would be a very small window.

The email offer, usually it's a promo code, so you'll see it applied before you check out.

On the Uber Eats receipt, it shows how much of the Amex benefit was applied. Does that show up correctly? The only ways I can think of that two months worth of credits would get applied is if you were credited/refunded for one month's worth, then that becomes a regular credit that doesn't expire. Or if an Amex credit deposited early (tends to happen for the Gold for me) before the current month's expired. That would be a very small window.

The email offer, usually it's a promo code, so you'll see it applied before you check out.
Thanks! Receipt says $30 Amex was used. Expected $40. There have been no refund/credits, and this was toward the end of the month.

Last edited:
Just read on Doctor of Credit that Chase has switched from using Expedia back to the prior company for travel bookings. Wonder if Disney will come back as an option.

I did a dummy search and looks like Swan Reserve comes up on the Chase Travel Portal. And, looks like (with CSR), it would be 30.6k points versus the 60k points Marriott would like you to pay.

Chase Bonvoy Boundless card closure question.

Nov 1 AF posted
Nov 17 statement closes
Dec 14 payment due

Can anyone tell me how long I have to call to have the card closed and the AF reversed? Would 12/13 be too late? Hoping to app for a biz card on like 12/12 or 12/13 and thought approval chances would be better if I didn't just close a card which had only been open for a year. Maybe Chase doesn't care?

Depending on how often you are flying DL, it might be better to get the Delta Plat at $250 and then $39 per use. I'm thinking about it since it also includes a MC companion cert

The lounge isn't worth 39 bucks to me though. I'd just walk further and use the club here. Elsewhere it would just depend if PP has something else. And I always fly alone so a companion cert doesn't way into things for me.

Nov 1 AF posted
Nov 17 statement closes
Dec 14 payment due

Can anyone tell me how long I have to call to have the card closed and the AF reversed? Would 12/13 be too late? Hoping to app for a biz card on like 12/12 or 12/13 and thought approval chances would be better if I didn't just close a card which had only been open for a year. Maybe Chase doesn't care?
Chase doesn’t care, so you are fine to close

Nov 1 AF posted
Nov 17 statement closes
Dec 14 payment due

Any interest in the Ritz card?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/ritz-carlton-credit-card/

Nov 1 AF posted
Nov 17 statement closes
Dec 14 payment due

Chase's rule for getting a reversal of the annual fee is within 30 days of the date of the statement on which the annual fee appears, but I usually deal with it as soon as it posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter