I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day in the beautiful ICU. I wonder if I could get some hotel stays, or perhaps upgrade his room from the atrium view to the pond view, LOL. I gotta find humor wherever I can these days.

I did figure out why my CIC#2 kept getting declined at Staples. I had to go back yesterday and get my 13yo BTS supplies. I got denied again. I wasn't doing the math right and didn't see ALL the pending charges, LOL. I'm at my $3k limit. I'm going to pay some of that down, and transfer over some of my CL from the other CIC, LOL.

Looking to send a friend a Delta support link. I have a Delta Plat, but it's not giving me any support options, only on my Hilton card. Anyone else have a Delta plat seeing the same? P2 has a Blue, and he has one, but the offer is only 40k miles on the gold, and I can pull a generic offer for 75k miles for the gold just by googling. I'd love some support miles, but she is not a churner so I want to get her the best offer.
Sadly the Delta supports are often WAY lower. It stinks!

I am in the same exact situation and was wondering if you got an answer.
I've booked for several before. You should be able to. I know when you reserve a block of rooms too, you can give your loyalty account and earn points too.

So Amex has hated me again. Well I was in the pop up hell for like 1.5 years. Thought I got out in March when they approved the free Hilton card and found out last month I'm still in it when I applied for the Delta Plat Biz. Some on reddit said it may be that I'm in BIZ pop-up hell. I did cancel my Delta Gold Biz in July, but I had that like 2-3 years. I got an offer saying I'm preapproved for the Gold Biz. But the MSR is $10k!!! Since you can't MS w/ Amex and I just paid my taxes, I don't think I could hit $10k. But at the same time, I've often wondered if I need to look at trying to make Amex happy by applying for the Gold Biz or other biz card.

Don't a lot of people have the Amex BBP? I have the Everyday Preferred, I will likely PC back down to just the Everyday when the AF posts. I have 3 Amex currently (Surpass, Everyday Preferred and the Free Hilton). Should I perhaps try to appease Amex Biz Gods by trying for the BBP, and then closing the Everyday? The end goal is to get the Delta Plat Biz during a great SUB, and then PC that back down to a gold at some point. I'm assuming I can transfer MRs like you can URs (if I did the BBP).

I know Chase broke the links to transfer URs from one card to another and from one member of the household to another, but I thought it was fixed now. Is there a way to do this without SM'ing every time?

I know Chase broke the links to transfer URs from one card to another and from one member of the household to another, but I thought it was fixed now. Is there a way to do this without SM'ing every time?
I didn't know you could SM. I've been calling every time. So irritating.

Does anyone with a Toyota have Softex seats? I'm kind of a leather person so I'm not sure if I should completely cross Rav4s off my list.

Don't a lot of people have the Amex BBP? I have the Everyday Preferred, I will likely PC back down to just the Everyday when the AF posts. I have 3 Amex currently (Surpass, Everyday Preferred and the Free Hilton). Should I perhaps try to appease Amex Biz Gods by trying for the BBP, and then closing the Everyday? The end goal is to get the Delta Plat Biz during a great SUB, and then PC that back down to a gold at some point. I'm assuming I can transfer MRs like you can URs (if I did the BBP).

You don't need to transfer MRs since they automatically pool. Cc limit is back up to 5, doesn't look like you need the slot, so you could downgrade your EDP and hope for another upgrade offer (happened only 2 weeks later for me).

Often once you SM, it will remain linked once they transfer. I have one of DH's cards linked to one of mine. So I just transfer everything through those 2 cards. If it doesn't show as linked after Chase transfers for you, I think you are out of luck.

I didn't know you could SM. I've been calling every time. So irritating.

Actually I'm just trying it today. It hasn't gone through yet though but I really would prefer not to have to call.

Often once you SM, it will remain linked once they transfer. I have one of DH's cards linked to one of mine. So I just transfer everything through those 2 cards. If it doesn't show as linked after Chase transfers for you, I think you are out of luck.

Oh, that's potentially good news. Thanks!

The annual fee on P2's CSP hit this month, are there any compelling reasons to not request a downgrade to a free card? I already have my own CSP that I plan on keeping for the travel insurance and 1.25x UR on the portal. We might use his $50 travel credit, but we already have three cards that have travel credits, so maybe not. If he downgrades to a Freedom Flex, will his card number stay the same?

Upcoming DL trip in about a month.. hotel booked on cash and DL tickets bought cash through UCT... need Disney GC's to pay for meals while in parks. I currently have Shop Disney offers on a handful of Chase cards so was thinking of buying hard GC's through them for the cash back (10% up to $5).
That IS better than buying them at Target for 5% off with the Red Card, right?? Am I missing anything? (my brain is extra fried lately).
I don't have any of the cash back portals except Dosh and I didn't see anything there.

The annual fee on P2's CSP hit this month, are there any compelling reasons to not request a downgrade to a free card? I already have my own CSP that I plan on keeping for the travel insurance and 1.25x UR on the portal. We might use his $50 travel credit, but we already have three cards that have travel credits, so maybe not. If he downgrades to a Freedom Flex, will his card number stay the same?
The only instance I can possibly think of is if your P2 rents cars without you-I'm super risk adverse so trying to justify a claim where I'm not there and my DH is driving to Chase if I had a claim just makes me nervous.

The Flex is a MC so yes, it's a different number.

Upcoming DL trip in about a month.. hotel booked on cash and DL tickets bought cash through UCT... need Disney GC's to pay for meals while in parks. I currently have Shop Disney offers on a handful of Chase cards so was thinking of buying hard GC's through them for the cash back (10% up to $5).
That IS better than buying them at Target for 5% off with the Red Card, right?? Am I missing anything? (my brain is extra fried lately).
I don't have any of the cash back portals except Dosh and I didn't see anything there.
Check the maximum Cashback, it's often only $5 or $10, so the real benefit of the 5% off at Target is that you can purchase higher amounts for 5% back. If you're open to getting another cashback portal, RetailMeNot has worked well for giftcards bought through ShopDisney. Sometimes they have as much as 10% back and it's stackable with the Chase deals.

Check the maximum Cashback, it's often only $5 or $10, so the real benefit of the 5% off at Target is that you can purchase higher amounts for 5% back. If you're open to getting another cashback portal, RetailMeNot has worked well for giftcards bought through ShopDisney. Sometimes they have as much as 10% back and it's stackable with the Chase deals.
Ok will check RetailMeNot; thank you. As far as dollar amounts, since it's only two of us I was just going to get a total of $300 worth of cards (I have offers on 6 Chase cards so would do $50 on each).

Thank you!

Looking for recommendations, we bought a new house and are beyond in need of a new vacuum.
What doesn't break the bank but picks up dog hair well?

I'm assuming I can transfer MRs like you can URs (if I did the BBP).
No need to transfer. MR are by customer not by card. Both my BBP and my Gold show the same number.

Looking for recommendations, we bought a new house and are beyond in need of a new vacuum.
What doesn't break the bank but picks up dog hair well?

No need to transfer. MR are by customer not by card. Both my BBP and my Gold show the same number.
I have a Shark Lift Away. Love it! If you have carpeted stairs get one with the motorized pet brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter