I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you happen to have any hotel advice for a family traveling to London? We are 6 and I'm willing to do 4 and 2 or 3 and 3 at a nice hotel - not the amazing fancy ones but something a bit better than an Ibis. I've got the Canopy by Hilton booked on points (1 room for 2) and then a Family Suite for 4 at $750 but any other recommendations? I would be willing to spend up to about $750 a night. I only have Hilton, MR, and UR. London hotels give major sticker shock and, while we usually stay in Airbnb, the decent ones were all as expensive as hotels.

We're booked at the Andaz London Liverpool, but haven't stayed yet. If you can find the 2 twin room on points, that one fits 2 adults and 1 child (not sure the max age, but worked for 11). Their standard suite fits 3 adults, would be good if you can find that on points or have a suite upgrade.

You can also call to ask about the Hyatt Family rate plan, which gives up to 50% discount on the second room. I have found some that are exactly 50% off the standard rate and also others that are less of a discount. The first room can be cash or points.

ETA: The Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill also fits 3 in their standard rooms on points. That's the one I was originally interested in, but they didn't have availability on our dates.

Last edited:
I'm on day 7 of helping my parents pack and after seeing all the stuff they've accumulated, I honestly will think twice before buying anything going forward. This is insane.
Would you happen to have any hotel advice for a family traveling to London? We are 6 and I'm willing to do 4 and 2 or 3 and 3 at a nice hotel - not the amazing fancy ones but something a bit better than an Ibis. I've got the Canopy by Hilton booked on points (1 room for 2) and then a Family Suite for 4 at $750 but any other recommendations? I would be willing to spend up to about $750 a night. I only have Hilton, MR, and UR. London hotels give major sticker shock and, while we usually stay in Airbnb, the decent ones were all as expensive as hotels.
I'm of no use. I only travel with my 19-year old so it's just the two of us. I remember thinking my son would come too and found it impossible to find a hotel using points.

I'm on day 7 of helping my parents pack and after seeing all the stuff they've accumulated, I honestly will think twice before buying anything going forward. This is insane.

I'm of no use. I only travel with my 19-year old so it's just the two of us. I remember thinking my son would come too and found it impossible to find a hotel using points.
My parents have no intention of moving, but I’ve told my parents that when they die, I’m getting a dumpster and all the border line hoarder stuff in their basement and attic just goes straight in. Not even looking. My mom has textbooks from when she went to college on to 60s. Maternity clothes from when she was pregnant with me. Suitcases of old pictures- but I can’t identity who anyone is in any of the photos. They’re like my grandparents as young adults.

I’m not a minimalist by any stretch, but it’s made me not save things just for the sake of saving things. I get rid of my kids stuff as they outgrow it, maybe save one outfit or a specific small toy. Last year I gave away all our trains and train table, but kept the Percy train my son loved so much he slept with lol. Don’t need it all, just a tiny memory.

We stayed at the Staunton Hotel for 2 nights in early September before going on a DCL cruise that left from Dover. There were 4 adults and a baby. We had 2 rooms. We were walking distance to several West End shows as well as Chinatown. It was on a very nice neat street of townhouses, many which had been converted to hotels. Breakfast was included and was a full made to order as well as buffet. Other important criteria for us is AC which this hotel had. We were 5 minutes from the tube, although we wound up taking taxis to get around to further points.

Attachments

• 8380274B-EE2C-4B62-966B-5A5F3A4B53EF.jpeg
    8380274B-EE2C-4B62-966B-5A5F3A4B53EF.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 13
  • EE36D72A-586C-4A54-B18B-5F4E4FD6CE77.jpeg
    EE36D72A-586C-4A54-B18B-5F4E4FD6CE77.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 6308B539-2D00-4EB9-8696-0266F538F3D0.jpeg
    6308B539-2D00-4EB9-8696-0266F538F3D0.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
  • B8D2464D-5B62-4FE5-9EBB-D7D89C36EDAD.jpeg
    B8D2464D-5B62-4FE5-9EBB-D7D89C36EDAD.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
My parents have no intention of moving, but I’ve told my parents that when they die, I’m getting a dumpster and all the border line hoarder stuff in their basement and attic just goes straight in. Not even looking. My mom has textbooks from when she went to college on to 60s. Maternity clothes from when she was pregnant with me. Suitcases of old pictures- but I can’t identity who anyone is in any of the photos. They’re like my grandparents as young adults.

I’m not a minimalist by any stretch, but it’s made me not save things just for the sake of saving things. I get rid of my kids stuff as they outgrow it, maybe save one outfit or a specific small toy. Last year I gave away all our trains and train table, but kept the Percy train my son loved so much he slept with lol. Don’t need it all, just a tiny memory.
I’d Look through stuff before throwing it out….My Mom saved everything giving things to us over the years which I put in my basement…after she died I went through it and actually sold silver, old Christmas ornaments etc for quite a bit of money on eBay
Other stuff was donated
I will admit to save my kids toys and now enjoy watching our grandkids play with their parents old toys

My dad has all of his textbooks (graduated college in the 1960s and got his PhD in the early 70s so lots of textbooks!), report cards, checks written in the 1960s, etc. They are selling a ginormous house (> 8,000 square feet) and their house in Naples is packed. But the amount of stuff they are taking is crazy. Where is this stuff going? My mom has had a woman up here who does her cleaning helping her out sorting through stuff. This woman is a very hard worker. I keep telling my mom to fly her down to Naples and help her sort through everything for a few weeks (it's really hard to find people to help with anything in Naples and I'm guessing this woman wouldn't mind a few weeks in the sun). But yes, I need to clean out my stuff (meanwhile I'm bringing home stuff from my parent's house).

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board. I am a very low dangling fruit kind of person compared to most others here. I don’t have much to add here so mostly lurk.

I would have never asked Chase for a match for my CIU that I opened in July if not for this board. I asked for a match on Friday, woke up today to a response of yes and the additional 15000UR in my act.

I applied July 22(not sure what day I was approved, but close to that date) My 90 day date to spend for the bonus was Oct. 22 which was 1 day after I sent my secure message.

Thanks everyone! (I do follow dischurners and use the support links there so hopefully the person I used the link from got a nice surprise since I just got my bonus)

so I asked the concierge for the CR trip at the Andaz if there were any exclusions for the food package. he said besides some key drinks no. I particularly asked about oysters he said he's seen a guest eat 4 dozen oysters before I don't know if I can eat that much, but it seems like this is what we will be doing to make it easier.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board. I am a very low dangling fruit kind of person compared to most others here. I don’t have much to add here so mostly lurk.

I would have never asked Chase for a match for my CIU that I opened in July if not for this board. I asked for a match on Friday, woke up today to a response of yes and the additional 15000UR in my act.

I applied July 22(not sure what day I was approved, but close to that date) My 90 day date to spend for the bonus was Oct. 22 which was 1 day after I sent my secure message.

Thanks everyone! (I do follow dischurners and use the support links there so hopefully the person I used the link from got a nice surprise since I just got my bonus)

Ditto!

We are headed to Hawaii in March and I owe the low cost and upgraded experience all to you guys <3

Reply from Chase on the 90,000 CIU offer (card approved 9/10)

am pleased to confirm that we can match the 90,000 bonus points offer on your account, but the spending criteria will remain $7,500.00 and not change to $6,000.00. Our records show that you have not yet met the spending requirement of $7,500.00. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer and we will add 15,000 bonus points to match the 90,000 bonus points offer. We'll post the original 75,000 bonus points to your account within 6 to 8 weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify.
I think I got unlucky. They told me Inhad to show proof it was a targeted offer to me or a screen shot with a banner ad.

37E280BB-EF79-4651-BE0A-51D792181B33.png

I applied for a CIU on July 1st, so my spend had to be completed by October 1st. I didn’t even get the card till Mid July in the mail. I was worried about making the spend since I was in Europe from September 1-October 5 and knew I wasn’t going to use the card there due to foreign transaction fees. I completed the spend on September 15. When I heard about folks asking for a match, I thought there is no way I would get it. But then Friday night, I thought what do I have to lose? I wasn’t expecting a response until Monday but after your post, I checked and sure enough, I got it! Those points are such a blessing! My daughter and her husband and our grandson are coming back to the US for the holidays. My daughter is in the Air Force. I’ve already booked their return flights on points. 😊 I love this board and everyone’s helpfulness! I would have never been able to make all of these trips to Germany to visit without your help! 🥰

For those with a USBank go card that was formerly a Radisson Card: Since it is no fee and also collects a few offers, I've kept it and basically sock drawered it. I also check it to make sure it's 'ok'.

This morning at the top of the page it had a 'spend' offer. Enroll and spend $50 by Nov 30 and get a $10 statement credit. That's 20% off and I'll buy a $50 DGC, off course!

This was completely separate from the usual offers from Panera, Dominoes, Dell to name a few hitting this card.

so I asked the concierge for the CR trip at the Andaz if there were any exclusions for the food package. he said besides some key drinks no. I particularly asked about oysters he said he's seen a guest eat 4 dozen oysters before I don't know if I can eat that much, but it seems like this is what we will be doing to make it easier.
Can you add the food package to a points stay? How much $$ is it?
I think I got unlucky. They told me Inhad to show proof it was a targeted offer to me or a screen shot with a banner ad.

View attachment 712716
HUCA. I'd give it a few days and try again. Those reps are like phone reps, some know their stuff, some don't.

For those with a USBank go card that was formerly a Radisson Card: Since it is no fee and also collects a few offers, I've kept it and basically sock drawered it. I also check it to make sure it's 'ok'.

This morning at the top of the page it had a 'spend' offer. Enroll and spend $50 by Nov 30 and get a $10 statement credit. That's 20% off and I'll buy a $50 DGC, off course!

This was completely separate from the usual offers from Panera, Dominoes, Dell to name a few hitting this card.
Can you clarify where you're seeing the offer, and if you still see it now that you activated? Hubby told me a few days ago about a spend offer on his US Bank, I asked for details like max cash back, expiration, etc and he didn't know. When he went back to get the details, he couldn't find the offer anywhere.

I received the match offer from Chase for my CIU with the standard wording like most of us have received. I will need to SM them once I have completed the MSR (I've only had the card like a week).It also contained the following statement:

Please note that you'll be eligible to receive the bonus as long as: - You have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

I've been getting a new CIC/CIU every 4-5 months. Do we think this is just stock language or are they trying to implement new rules where you can only get a CIC/CIU bonus every 24 months?

While I wait for my Sams Club charge to show up on my new FNBO card (all spend was legit), I wanted to make sure it's met asap in case they cut a quick statement. If I buy a refundable SW ticket, everything is refundable back to my card right? No credits or vouchers or anything?

I received the match offer from Chase for my CIU with the standard wording like most of us have received. I will need to SM them once I have completed the MSR (I've only had the card like a week).It also contained the following statement:

Please note that you'll be eligible to receive the bonus as long as: - You have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

I've been getting a new CIC/CIU every 4-5 months. Do we think this is just stock language or are they trying to implement new rules where you can only get a CIC/CIU bonus every 24 months?

I got the same language and think it's stock. The language used to be in the application terms, but I just checked now and it's nowhere to be seen. No idea when that changed.

It does make me a little nervous though, so met MSR sooner than I'd planned. Waiting for the 75k to go pending and then I'll reply to the SM.🤞

Can you add the food package to a points stay? How much $$ is it?

HUCA. I'd give it a few days and try again. Those reps are like phone reps, some know their stuff, some don't.
yes, they said I could add it to points stay.
they also said if my kid is over 12 it's 75$ per day(for occupancy) But here's the link for the meal package https://andazpuravida.com/all-inclusive-meal-package/
im also going to add the transportation etc I asked them how late can I do it so I can sit on the decision (and wait for others to chime in) I figure for 4 days this would be easiest to do this pay for the private car for ~150 each way and do 2 tours should be enough no? maybe not. But im way more stoked about this then punta after reading mixed reviews.
the tours are here https://andazpuravida.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/202210-Explorers.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter