I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the letter from cap 1 today. Credit needs to be unfrozen for preapproval to work. They said there was 0 info on transunion. Since it kept saying it wouldn't affect things I figured they did a soft pull for this and then a hard when you app. Never even crossed my mind to unfreeze anything. At least now I know which one to do.

I think I've decided that I hate Membership Rewards. The redemption options really suck unless you're doing exclusively international business class flights. Convince me I'm wrong.
I had booked a reservation in the travel portal using all of my MRs. When I had to cancel, they credited my card as if I had paid it in cash. I know I can call and ask them to change them back to MR, but now I’m wondering if it’s just best to use the card until the credit is gone which would essentially be me cashing out my rewards?

So I ended up applying for the Chase Hyatt and it went to 7-10 day review. Called into recon and they said it had to be "one upped" and passed to another level. When I asked if shifting a line of credit from an existing card would help the review, the rep said he didn't feel it was necessary and he wasn't seeing any red flags on his side but then made a comment about "given how much credit you already have with Chase." Any ideas what could be going on with the application?

I'm under 5/24, 800+ credit score, never had any late payments/non payments. Only thing I could think of is needing to shift credit between accounts even though the rep seemed to indicate that wouldn't be necessary. Bit confused on this one.

I posted recently about finally realizing that we failed to reach the msr for my mother in law's CSP. I sm'ed to reconsider, but after 'referring it to the right department' they eventually held firm quoting a deadline exactly 90 days after application date. For data purposes, the final charge to hit $4k was charged 111 days after the card was activated and posted 119 days after the application date.

So now my question is, can she just apply for a new csp again next time they have an elevated offer and still get the bonus? I was thinking it would be 48 months until she can apply again--but the count is 48 mo after the last bonus, right? And since she didn't get the bonus... she can apply any time after downgrading this card and still be eligible?

I posted recently about finally realizing that we failed to reach the msr for my mother in law's CSP. I sm'ed to reconsider, but after 'referring it to the right department' they eventually held firm quoting a deadline exactly 90 days after application date. For data purposes, the final charge to hit $4k was charged 111 days after the card was activated and posted 119 days after the application date.

So now my question is, can she just apply for a new csp again next time they have an elevated offer and still get the bonus? I was thinking it would be 48 months until she can apply again--but the count is 48 mo after the last bonus, right? And since she didn't get the bonus... she can apply any time after downgrading this card and still be eligible?
That's a shame, but good to know. Yes, she can apply again anytime after downgrading. Since she didn't get the bonus she's eligible now as long as she's not holding any Sapphire card.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and they said only 3 Disney GC per day per person. Is anyone gotten this same restriction? I am thinking we will just buy 3 and something else or not worry about the extra. Thoughts?

Best Buy also told me max of 3 Disney GC, the cashier said that they have a max amount per transaction, but she let me do 2 transactions
Same restriction for me at Best Buy this week. I wanted to buy $200 in Disney GCs, so I grabbed 4 $50 cards since I didn’t see $100s. When they told me there was the limit - I said let me look again for different denominations and found a variable load one. So I was able to get $200 in the end. Dumb restriction.

Same restriction for me at Best Buy this week. I wanted to buy $200 in Disney GCs, so I grabbed 4 $50 cards since I didn’t see $100s. When they told me there was the limit - I said let me look again for different denominations and found a variable load one. So I was able to get $200 in the end. Dumb restriction.
I don't mean to out myself but I worked at best buy in high school back when dial-up internet was a thing. the reason they do is that a lot of credit card fraud is done through gift cards, the same reason these scammers that take advantage of the elderly either ask for gift cards or money orders. I'm not sure who takes the loss on it but id imagines it's some type of loss for the store.

@disneybirds @becauseimnew

edit seems like if you make a business account you can up the limit https://gcgalore.com/psa-increase-gift-card-purchase-limits-from-best-buy-with-a-business-account/

Last edited:
I saw on DOC what seems like an easy Amex business bank account bonus with 30k MR after requirements. Soft pull, only $5k deposit for 60 days. Any concerns I should be thinking about? Seems like a good way to boost MR.
I have an AMEX Business account. It requires $5,000 for 60 days, 10 uses of the card (aka charge your coffee 10 times) and then after the points post, you are good to remove the money. I did it when they offered $300 rather than 30,000 MR. I actually needed a business bank account, so I'm keeping it. There are no fees for the account.

I have an AMEX Business account. It requires $5,000 for 60 days, 10 uses of the card (aka charge your coffee 10 times) and then after the points post, you are good to remove the money. I did it when they offered $300 rather than 30,000 MR. I actually needed a business bank account, so I'm keeping it. There are no fees for the account.
The terms have changed, debit card transactions no longer count.

Qualifying transactions are mobile deposits, and electronic/online transactions including ACH, Wire, and Bill Payments. Business Debit Card transactions and deposits using our Redeem for Deposits feature are not qualifying transactions.

I’m transferring $500 at a time from my Chase account, hopefully those will count. if not, I guess I’ll make 10 mobile deposits?

DH and I each opened our own checking account. Seems like an easy way to make 60,000 MRs.

Qualifying transactions are mobile deposits, and electronic/online transactions including ACH, Wire, and Bill Payments. Business Debit Card transactions and deposits using our Redeem for Deposits feature are not qualifying transactions.

I’m transferring $500 at a time from my Chase account, hopefully those will count. if not, I guess I’ll make 10 mobile deposits?

DH and I each opened our own checking account. Seems like an easy way to make 60,000 MRs.
Oh. When I did it, it was use your card 10 times. I guess they changed it recently.

I saw on DOC what seems like an easy Amex business bank account bonus with 30k MR after requirements. Soft pull, only $5k deposit for 60 days. Any concerns I should be thinking about? Seems like a good way to boost MR.

I was going to research this one too. Do you know if you have to have a business card with AmEx for this? I have the Hilton Biz, but DH doesn't have a biz card through them (just regular Plat and Gold).

Also, can you transfer other MRs to this account? I don't have a plan with what I'm going to do with our MRs when our next annual fee hits if we don't get retention offers.

I was going to research this one too. Do you know if you have to have a business card with AmEx for this? I have the Hilton Biz, but DH doesn't have a biz card through them (just regular Plat and Gold).

Also, can you transfer other MRs to this account? I don't have a plan with what I'm going to do with our MRs when our next annual fee hits if we don't get retention offers.
I don't have an AMEX Business CC and I was good to open the account. Since I don't have an AMEX card, I can't transfer the points, but from my understanding you can once you have linked up your MR. If you don't have MR, you would just turn them into cash in the app.

I have this offer in my AMEX account, what "business" info is needed to open this?
For the 10 transactions, I am guessing I could write small checks from my main account, and mobile deposit them?

I have this offer in my AMEX account, what "business" info is needed to open this?
For the 10 transactions, I am guessing I could write small checks from my main account, and mobile deposit them?
I have a Hilton Business but it asked me which card to use the information from and I used by regular Plat. I uploaded my driver's license for the business documents, SS# and name for the sole proprietor. Once approved, it immediately populated into my list of accounts in my Amex account along with all other credit cards and back accounts.

So I ended up applying for the Chase Hyatt and it went to 7-10 day review. Called into recon and they said it had to be "one upped" and passed to another level. When I asked if shifting a line of credit from an existing card would help the review, the rep said he didn't feel it was necessary and he wasn't seeing any red flags on his side but then made a comment about "given how much credit you already have with Chase." Any ideas what could be going on with the application?

I'm under 5/24, 800+ credit score, never had any late payments/non payments. Only thing I could think of is needing to shift credit between accounts even though the rep seemed to indicate that wouldn't be necessary. Bit confused on this one.
Just got an email that I was approved for the card and the credit limit was over $10k so clearly didn't need to shift any credit around. Very weird that it went for review and had to be further escalated before being approved.

Wanted to put that data point out there for others. :wave2:

Is anyone having trouble with Chase Ink support links? For the past few days when I click the link to apply, it would pop up an "offer unavailable" message.

Quick question: I need to book a flight on KLM. AmEx has a 25% transfer bonus to Flying Blue. Will it be hard to book the KLM tickets from the Flying Blue website? I'd hate to transfer the points and not be able to book the KLM flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter