I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I opened my TD bank checking and the Chase checking/savings in the same week and I looked pretty carefully to be sure that Chase was only 90 days, but if anyone here knows different for sure, let me know, please and thank you :) It wouldn't kill me to leave the money there for the whole 180, BUT since the interest rate is 0.01%, I don't exactly love the idea...
You have to keep it open for 6 months but you don’t have to keep all the money there. My notes say 300 in savings and 1500 in checking to keep it fee free. After my bonuses post I lower total amounts to this and then close after 6 months.

I need to whine for a minute... (newbie blues)...

After careful consideration, I have decided to go ahead and move our emergency fund to WF temporarily to get that $525 bonus... They weren't able to "verify identity" online, so yesterday I decided to go into the branch. (Fortunately VERY local to me and close to other stops on my errands-run...)

So get this... the cashier says they "only do that by appointment" (practically rolling her eyes as she says it.) Then, when asked about making an appointment, "you have to go online."

I was *TRULY* unsure at that point if it is worth $500 to me to put up with that kind of attitude!!! It gets better. Then next available appointment was not until the 5th and at a different branch! (So I have to wait 2 days to make an appointment to give them MY money...????)

At this point, the only reason I am going through with it is because when I went to make the appointment, the $325 checking deal was back... I missed out on that last week because they "could not verify identity" online... so yes, for $850, I will go through the hoops... but these little adventures have already taught me that I **LOVE** my credit union (lousy rates and all) and that WF and Cap1 are both LOUSY institutions that I will never do business with unless they are paying me! (Chase has been fine so far... still not keeping the account past when the 90-day bonus hits, though...)
For a previous WF business checking bonus, we made an appointment online for a Saturday and selected "Business Checking Account." Wait weeks for the appt to roll around, go in and am told there are no business bankers on the weekend... Good times.

Your message reminded me that I need to buy insurance for our Japan trip with in the next couple of weeks. I remembered that I got a quote from USAA's travel insurance and it is very reasonable, so I went back and noticed that they also have an annual plan. It's $86/A & $59/C, but I can't find the EOB for the annual plan.
For our trip to Japan the least expensive plan is $142 for our 19 day trip to Japan (2A2C) highest is $204. Just sharing in case you have USAA.

Thanks. We are non-military, though, so don't have USAA.

I asked on here before no one seemed to pull the trigger but I ended up doing it for us.
Ended up getting this one
https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/find-a-plan/alltrips-prime.htm
wasn't that bad for everything I haven't had to use it yet but the blogs+reddit seemed to talk it up. It seemed like a great value for all the trips we are taking .

Thanks. I was looking at their site last night and I'll check out this plan. Having pre-existing conditions makes it so much harder.

Thanks. I was looking at their site last night and I'll check out this plan. Having pre-existing conditions makes it so much harder.
The highest level (most expensive) GeoBlue plan covers pre-existing. This is Blue Cross/blue shield insurance - from their FAQs -

The GeoBlue Voyager Choice plan is available to those who have primary insurance inside the U.S. and will cover medical treatments for pre-existing conditions. Please refer to the definition of a primary health plan for more specific information on what plans qualify as a primary insurance.

They have single trip and annual plans.

Does anyone know if Delta Sky Clubs are open on Easter? I have a layover at 7pm in Atlanta on Sunday.

If these are the same ones that @LynnTH gave to me in September, you don't need to be with him. I was able to show the email with the barcode of the pass on my phone at ORD and got in to the United Club with no issue. Was a much better way to spend the three hour layover than at the gate. It was a pdf with a barcode and a Chase logo in the top left.
Thank you! I was hoping this was the case. I see the passes w/barcodes in the App so I'll screen shot it and send it to him. And/or give him the United log-in.

So yesterday I went into the bank to switch my daughter's account from custodial minor to her. Our banker ran her credit score while we were there and was FLOORED to see she has a 775! WOOOOO, peanut, LOL. I think this summer I'll have her work on getting her own credit card and start teaching her how to play this game ;)

I'm at least a week in since trying for the Diamond match w/ Caesars. I know others have had it taking a long time. But I've seen some on FB have gotten it the next day. We're even willing to drive to Windsor to do it in person, but when we called they said they don't do any matches. We're wanting to hit AC and knock out all the upgrades ASAP.

Has anyone had their minor turn 18 w/ ibonds? When I bought it in Oct she was 17. I got an email that I need to create an acct for her now. I feel like I read the bank account it's tied to is important. She has a "high school checking" account w/ Chase. So who knows how long she'll have that, or if she'll transfer that into another account with them. Can I keep it tied to my account?

So yesterday I went into the bank to switch my daughter's account from custodial minor to her. Our banker ran her credit score while we were there and was FLOORED to see she has a 775! WOOOOO, peanut, LOL. I think this summer I'll have her work on getting her own credit card and start teaching her how to play this game ;)

I'm at least a week in since trying for the Diamond match w/ Caesars. I know others have had it taking a long time. But I've seen some on FB have gotten it the next day. We're even willing to drive to Windsor to do it in person, but when we called they said they don't do any matches. We're wanting to hit AC and knock out all the upgrades ASAP.

Has anyone had their minor turn 18 w/ ibonds? When I bought it in Oct she was 17. I got an email that I need to create an acct for her now. I feel like I read the bank account it's tied to is important. She has a "high school checking" account w/ Chase. So who knows how long she'll have that, or if she'll transfer that into another account with them. Can I keep it tied to my account?
On the Caesars match, someone here (I forget who!) suggested reaching out by DM on Twitter. I did that and it worked like a charm!

For those who have traveled to Ireland, can you recommend online resources?

Last edited:
We did this - purchased the Ibonds as a HS graduation gift when she was 17 and then had to transfer to her newly created account when she turned 18. We didn't try to set up her Treasury Direct Account with my bank account, so I don't know if it's possible or not. But, she did have to go through some steps to verify her bank account with the government. She had to have the bank sign a document, which then had to be mailed in. We were both a little annoyed, but it was a good lesson for her that sometimes you have to do annoying things to get your money! :)

Back in January I got DH the IHG Premier Card. Were we supposed to get an IHG Account # upon approval of the card? Or do we need to set up an IHG account online? How are the points accounted for if I don't have an IHG #?

Back in January I got DH the IHG Premier Card. Were we supposed to get an IHG Account # upon approval of the card? Or do we need to set up an IHG account online? How are the points accounted for if I don't have an IHG #?
I just applied for this card. The application said if I didn't have an IHG Account number (to enter on the form), I would be provided a number upon card approval. I was assuming IHG would mail or email information with my new IHG account number separately from the info sent by Chase. I bet they did assign your DH a number but failed to communicate it with him. I would probably call them.

I just applied for this card. The application said if I didn't have an IHG Account number (to enter on the form), I would be provided a number upon card approval. I was assuming IHG would mail or email information with my new IHG account number separately from the info sent by Chase. I bet they did assign your DH a number but failed to communicate it with him. I would probably call them.
That's what I thought. Have not seen anything. I just messaged Chase to see what they say. Thanks.

On the topic of IHG accounts. I want to make an account in advance of my stay at a Kimpton that I booked through Amex Fine Hotels. Only problem is that IHG only accepts Latin letters or a - in a name and I have 2 last names. I have my reservation booked as 2 last names since that is what is on my Amex Plat. If I make my IHG account with a hyphenated name will they accept that the names match? So annoying that I can't put a space in a last name like everywhere else.

I know some of you use a travel agent to book cruises. We are going on NCL for our first cruise ever this summer and I used a travel agent. Is anyone familiar with the NCL website that knows if it is reflected anywhere that I am paid in full?

ETA: I also used my Amex Platinum for the deposit which is supposed to come with perks - will those be reflected in my NCL account anywhere? I know I should go ask at cruise critic but they can be intense :duck:(although its been invaluable!)

Last edited:
I know some of you use a travel agent to book cruises. We are going on NCL for our first cruise ever this summer and I used a travel agent. Is anyone familiar with the NCL website that knows if it is reflected anywhere that I am paid in full?

ETA: I also used my Amex Platinum for the deposit which is supposed to come with perks - will those be reflected in my NCL account anywhere? I know I should go ask at cruise critic but they can be intense :duck:(although its been invaluable!)

I booked NCL through a TA and I can’t see my payments or that I’m paid in full. Same as other cruise lines I’ve booked with a TA.

I can see the OBC online. Not specifically for the Amex benefit, but the total is correct, I can’t see the Le Bistro dinner for 2. I read on cruise critic that you can ask for the amenities confirmation form which will have everything you should be getting, but I haven’t asked my TA for it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter