I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I'm kinda holding onto hope Michigan wins tonight. When they secured the spot in the Frozen Four I should have booked the tickets. My BF was ready to do it. Of course now (thanks to Michigan fans) prices are insane. So I held off on going to the game tonight. If they win tonight, I'll need to race to get tickets to Saturday night. Then I'll likely take the kids down to Tampa tomorrow for the weekend and the game ;) There's a Hyatt that still has availability I'll book. My hope is that the losing team fans will dump more tickets into the pot. We'll see. They used to force you to buy the frozen four and the finals. I think they sell that option plus single game. So I guess this weekend I'll either be in Tampa or Vegas. Time will tell, LOL.
Personally I'm hoping it's all the Ichigan fans dumping tickets tomorrow along with BC. 1st intermission and Minnesota's up 2-1. I've seen enough Ichigan-Minnesota games this year.

Has anyone done the CSP in branch offer? Since Disney just announced the return of annual passes, I need a new card ASAP. I was going to wait until it became public, but we leave for WDW in a week and I want the card before we go so I can use it to upgrade our tickets to APs. They'll expedite a CSP right? My last card was a CIU in February, so it's only been 2 months. Also got a CIC in Nov 22. Do you think there would be any issues with that velocity?

Has anyone done the CSP in branch offer? Since Disney just announced the return of annual passes, I need a new card ASAP. I was going to wait until it became public, but we leave for WDW in a week and I want the card before we go so I can use it to upgrade our tickets to APs. They'll expedite a CSP right? My last card was a CIU in February, so it's only been 2 months. Also got a CIC in Nov 22. Do you think there would be any issues with that velocity?
Your DVC right ? those go on sale the 13th and to everyone else the 20th.
CSP isn’t automatically expedited just the CSR, but I’ve had no issues sending a SM and requesting it. Velocity should be okay

Last edited:
Your DVC right ? Since those go on sale the 13th and to everyone else the 20th.
CSP isn’t automatically expedited just the CSR, but I’ve had no issues sending a SM and requesting it. Velocity should be okay
Unfortunately I’m not DVC. So I have to wait until the 20th. We have 9-day park hoppers $$$ starting on the 14th so I want to be able to upgrade while there. And would love a new card to do it. I’m going to go in branch tomorrow to apply. I just hate eyes on my account.

I'm not sure if anyone shared this info here, but AF/KLM is now charging for seat assignments in biz.

I found out because they canceled our flight, moved us to another one and assigned us seats I don't love. Tried to move us and they want 90 Euros pp so I guess we are just going to stay put.

This is not a good change. :(
Hopefully this isn't actually the case. I have seen this too when our seats have been moved around and it SEEMS like there is a cost. But I feel like once I add those seats to the cart or something the charge goes away. Maybe try again? Please report back... I would really dislike if this were true.

I did a search and found an article (I think it was OMAAT) that states that AF is charging for seat assignments as of yesterday, so that's when I stopped trying to move us. Apparently it's a thing and they think it will spread to other European carriers soon. And I, too, really, really dislike this. We already have the issue on our return flight (but I knew it would be that way when we booked with BA).

https://onemileatatime.com/news/air-france-klm-seat-fees-business-class/

Last edited:
Ds’s passport was finally approved today after 4 weeks! Hopefully we get it in the mail soon. We’re hoping to book a flight to Toronto
Congrats! Did you do the expedited service? We're waiting on one that's been 6 weeks (opted for regular service but now questioning that choice).

(Another) Question for those who have done the WF account bonuses....

Since I got the "can't verify identity" error when I tried to do the online account sign-up last month, I made an appointment and went into a branch on the 5th...

The lovely gentleman there said you can't get bonuses for both the checking ($300) and the savings ($525 with massive deposit, etc.) That didn't sound right to me, but I opened the checking in branch that day... if they really ARE going to play that game, I'll take the $300 for my direct deposits (that I'll pull right back out...) they aren't getting $25k of my money for free, nope...

I'm thinking the dude was wrong, but I thought I'd check with y'all first. If he was, then I *should* be able to create the savings account online and then take them a check, yes/no?

Otherwise, I'm considering having P2 create "his" saving account... or just putting my money elsewhere altogether... there are limits of just what a lady will do for $500...

My CU reimburses up to 3 bucks a month and doesn't have foreign fees. I may just get some yen before I go to help limit my atm withdrawls.

I just liked the idea of using a card that wasn't tied to my bank acct and having my bank as a back up I could leave in the room. If other banks take their sweet time to determine stuff I'll just end up back where I'm at.

Maybe I'll see what the other local CUs do since sometimes they have bonuses for new accounts and I could potentially just go in and open it.

The ATM fees in Japan aren’t expensive. I was rebated about $7 total on the Schwab last trip. As long as your CU doesn’t charge an out of network ATM fee on their end.

Getting yen in advance was expensive when I looked. Another option is to bring USD cash. The exchange rates at the airport aren’t bad. We did that a previous trip before I had the Schwab. Exchanged at DisneySea guest services too and rate was pretty good. Only rip off rates I saw were at the US chain hotels.

that game is on in my living room, VERY LOUDLY. the sound is awful
I had to take my son to karate during the second period so I listened to Wally and Frank while he was there. Of course during the final I'll be on the field umpiring softball. Since it's a carney tourney I may be out there in a Gopher sweater deep in BADger territory.

Hopefully this isn't actually the case. I have seen this too when our seats have been moved around and it SEEMS like there is a cost. But I feel like once I add those seats to the cart or something the charge goes away. Maybe try again? Please report back... I would really dislike if this were true.
It's true. AF/KLM started charging for non-elites to choose seats in J. Just another junk fee, hopefully some people will express their displeasure by not booking and they will reverse this course.

Congrats! Did you do the expedited service? We're waiting on one that's been 6 weeks (opted for regular service but now questioning that choice).
I've seen a bunch of stories lately that the wait is currently three months because they are getting 500,000 applications a week and don't have the staff to handle that load. DD and I are both waiting on hours (regular service).

Hi! I would also love to be added to the reddit page please.

We have not opened any credit cards in the last 24 months. Our specific goal would be to use points toward future Disney trips or just vacations in general. We currently pay off all out cards each month.
I am thinking of opening a Southwest business card for the current introductory offer of 80,000 points. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia would be our closest airports, with Baltimore also being doable. I am not sure that southwest is our best bet as it is the only one I had looked at so far, we do not have any airline preferences or anything. I would love some guidance thank you in advance!

I have to sit DD down and do her global entry app (and one for the baby). DH and I have an Amex platinum each to pay for it. I don't remember which cards we used to pay for ours but both amexes are newer so definitely not those. I really need to go through my cards and figure out which ones we used because I will have renewals coming up soon.

Neither Hubby nor myself is eligible to open new Sapphire products right now as our last bonuses were in 2020.

I've seen it discussed on here that there's a method to upgrade the freedom, use the $300 travel credit, pay the annual fee once, and use a 2nd $300 travel credit before downgrading to avoid a second annual fee. As described, it takes Chase a little while to charge the AF when using this method.

Does anyone have specific details on when exactly the card went into the 2nd year for the sake of the $300 credit versus when the 2nd AF hit? I'm looking to time this so that my first $300 goes towards 2023 August travel and I can use the $300 and card benefits for a summer 2024 travel before downgrading again.

Timing would be tight on having the card next summer to use the $300 but not have the AF yet, so any DPs you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Ugh, just went in branch to apply for the 90k CSP offer - 20 minutes later they tell me their systems aren't working correctly. They said they would email me a link so I could apply from home, then they would call and have the 10,000 points added because the offer would be for 80k. I get home and try, but the link they sent just brings me to the regular public offer of 60k. I thought it would be a special link - it's not. I'm tempted to just go to a different Chase branch and try again, but I feel bad for the guy I dealt with - I'm assuming they work on commissions? I emailed him asking to confirm that they'll change it to the 90k offer after I apply, but I hate the hassle of having to worry whether it's going to be done correctly.
So do I just apply and hope it works out or try another branch? Also I want the card within the week, so would need to go to another branch ASAP if doing that. Thoughts?

Neither Hubby nor myself is eligible to open new Sapphire products right now as our last bonuses were in 2020.

I've seen it discussed on here that there's a method to upgrade the freedom, use the $300 travel credit, pay the annual fee once, and use a 2nd $300 travel credit before downgrading to avoid a second annual fee. As described, it takes Chase a little while to charge the AF when using this method.

Does anyone have specific details on when exactly the card went into the 2nd year for the sake of the $300 credit versus when the 2nd AF hit? I'm looking to time this so that my first $300 goes towards 2023 August travel and I can use the $300 and card benefits for a summer 2024 travel before downgrading again.

Timing would be tight on having the card next summer to use the $300 but not have the AF yet, so any DPs you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
The AF takes about 3-4 months to show up after you PC. If you want to use the 2nd credit Summer 2024 I’d PC around June of ‘23. You can use the first $300 in August ‘23. Then you’d have until at least September ‘24 to use the 2nd $300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter