I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Ugh, just went in branch to apply for the 90k CSP offer - 20 minutes later they tell me their systems aren't working correctly. They said they would email me a link so I could apply from home, then they would call and have the 10,000 points added because the offer would be for 80k. I get home and try, but the link they sent just brings me to the regular public offer of 60k. I thought it would be a special link - it's not. I'm tempted to just go to a different Chase branch and try again, but I feel bad for the guy I dealt with - I'm assuming they work on commissions? I emailed him asking to confirm that they'll change it to the 90k offer after I apply, but I hate the hassle of having to worry whether it's going to be done correctly.
So do I just apply and hope it works out or try another branch? Also I want the card within the week, so would need to go to another branch ASAP if doing that. Thoughts?

If one branches system isn't working the others may not. I'd call before going anywhere else. Or try calling this branch later today. But if they only go by appt you also may be out of luck if you can't get another appt.

As for matching, no clue all you can do is trust they stick with their word.

Neither Hubby nor myself is eligible to open new Sapphire products right now as our last bonuses were in 2020.

I've seen it discussed on here that there's a method to upgrade the freedom, use the $300 travel credit, pay the annual fee once, and use a 2nd $300 travel credit before downgrading to avoid a second annual fee. As described, it takes Chase a little while to charge the AF when using this method.

Does anyone have specific details on when exactly the card went into the 2nd year for the sake of the $300 credit versus when the 2nd AF hit? I'm looking to time this so that my first $300 goes towards 2023 August travel and I can use the $300 and card benefits for a summer 2024 travel before downgrading again.

Timing would be tight on having the card next summer to use the $300 but not have the AF yet, so any DPs you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
I upgraded mine at the end June 2022, AF posted 9/1/22, my 2023 travel credit is set to reset after my statement closes in August. This is the second time we’ve done it, last time we used DH’s CSR.

I've seen a bunch of stories lately that the wait is currently three months because they are getting 500,000 applications a week and don't have the staff to handle that load. DD and I are both waiting on hours (regular service).

Wow. I don't have an urgent need to have the passport sooner, but I will be a little anxious about it until we get the new one. And since sending it in, I've read that people are being told not to smile in their pictures, and I can't remember if the picture was smiling or not. So just a low-level worry about the process.

Wow. I don't have an urgent need to have the passport sooner, but I will be a little anxious about it until we get the new one. And since sending it in, I've read that people are being told not to smile in their pictures, and I can't remember if the picture was smiling or not. So just a low-level worry about the process.

It's always been said not to smile for passport and visa photos. When I used to have to do the visa stuff and help the passports, to the point we bought our own white screen for photos, we never had anything rejected and I'm sure some of the guys smiled. Some just can't help it.

If I remember right it's more to do with the eyes and not your mouth because a lot of people squint when they smile. Face gets distorted.

I did my photo at a post office in SW Florida and I think they said smile but no teeth (can't have mouth open). My daughter's looks like a mug shot. The woman who took the photo (super nice) said my daughter's looked better without smiling because when she smiles her eyes look too small.

I need to do DS's next but honestly the idea of traveling with him sounds like a nightmare at this point.

Goodness all this passport talk made me realize that my boys' passports will expire very soon.

They are 16 and 18 now, so they both need to basically start from scratch since they were under 16 when they got them. That's a bummer because finding an appointment before they expire is proving to be difficult- but I suppose it doesn't matter whether they expire or not since they have to start from scratch regardless, correct?

Good thing we don't have plans to travel any time soon!

The AF takes about 3-4 months to show up after you PC. If you want to use the 2nd credit Summer 2024 I’d PC around June of ‘23. You can use the first $300 in August ‘23. Then you’d have until at least September ‘24 to use the 2nd $300.

I upgraded mine at the end June 2022, AF posted 9/1/22, my 2023 travel credit is set to reset after my statement closes in August. This is the second time we’ve done it, last time we used DH’s CSR.
Perfect, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!!

Love this board!

That's a bummer because finding an appointment before they expire is proving to be difficult- but I suppose it doesn't matter whether they expire or not since they have to start from scratch regardless, correct?

Correct. Renewing when your last PP was issued under 16 is a total hassle. My girls got there's at 3, so we had to do a whole second round at 8.

At least, now that youngest is 16, you don't need both parents there. I had to find appointments that fit both of our work schedules, too.

Chase Biz question:
When adding an employee card for P2 after the initial opening of the account, it is saying that the SSN is optional for verification. Should I just add P2 SSN now or call later to add after receiving card? Can I get away with not giving it to them?

Time for spring financial cleaning. I need to close two bank accounts for DH - Citizen and PNC. I know with Citizen I have to call (Ughh). Does anyone know about PNC? Had an account about 2 years ago but I forget how I got them closed. Do I need to call or is there an SM option?

On the Chase front, my business points are stranded currently. I had the glitch where no cards showed up to transfer to. Now I see my cards but my CSR was compromised so I got a new number. I don't see a way to add that now to be able to transfer to. Is it a call or SM to get it added again?

Time for spring financial cleaning. I need to close two bank accounts for DH - Citizen and PNC. I know with Citizen I have to call (Ughh). Does anyone know about PNC? Had an account about 2 years ago but I forget how I got them closed. Do I need to call or is there an SM option?

On the Chase front, my business points are stranded currently. I had the glitch where no cards showed up to transfer to. Now I see my cards but my CSR was compromised so I got a new number. I don't see a way to add that now to be able to transfer to. Is it a call or SM to get it added again?
I always have to call to move Chase biz points to my CSR.

Curious what folks do…when you buy trip insurance for a single trip and you need to estimate the value of the trip, do you account for reward flights based on what would have been the approximate cash price? Thanks.
I had this same question when I purchased last year and again last week. Last year, I did estimate the value of the rewards but I think that was wrong. I read in some of the terms last week that you will only be reimbursed the costs actually incurred for the return of the points to your acct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter