I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I was thinking "how am I supposed to use up these Vgc I bought for my MSR?" and then my filling fell out... :sad2: Funny how the universe "helps" sometimes, isn't it? :D
Does your dentist take VGCs or do you mean you just liquidate them first?

For anyone who has been to Palma or Marseille, any recommendations of must sees? I think I am trying to keep them more layback since we have full days in Naples, Florence and Rome.

In Marseille, we did the Petit Train up to Notre Dame de la Garde. It was a low key day, back on the ship in time for a late lunch.

Business card question/help needed:

I currently have no business cards. Just this year I began doing a small amount of consulting work on the side (no EIN, just using my SSN for tax purposes), which to my understanding makes me eligible for business cards.

The problem is I have zero business expenses. No travel, no supplies, no overhead - just me and my computer when I do the work. Reading the card agreement for Chase, it states that I agree the card will be used for business expenses only.
I have $5k in kids’ summer camp costs hitting in May and was planning on getting the Ink card and meeting MSR with these costs - but it looks like I may be sunk? How do other folks meet MSR on business cards if you have no overhead costs to speak of?

I currently have no business cards. Just this year I began doing a small amount of consulting work on the side (no EIN, just using my SSN for tax purposes), which to my understanding makes me eligible for business cards.

The problem is I have zero business expenses. No travel, no supplies, no overhead - just me and my computer when I do the work. Reading the card agreement for Chase, it states that I agree the card will be used for business expenses only.
I have $5k in kids’ summer camp costs hitting in May and was planning on getting the Ink card and meeting MSR with these costs - but it looks like I may be sunk? How do other folks meet MSR on business cards if you have no overhead costs to speak of?
I ignore that part. The 12 years of Catholic school guilt hits me every time I read that, and I shove it aside. i use it for my everyday expenses, travel, home maintenance, etc.

Don’t get hung up on it. you could spin it this way…. Summer camp is a retreat for your employees! Or it gets the kids out of the house so you have more dedicated time for the business. My cards are used for all my expenses.

New Amex 25% transfer bonus to flying blue, plus some new promo awards. I just saw economy flights for as little as 11k points + taxes/fees. If you factor in the transfer bonus, we're talking ~9k to europe.

I believe (double check this please) the Amex 25% transfer bonus is going on until May 22 while the Chase one goes through May 15.

I read on the site that-shall-not-be-named that White Lotus may break with tradition and not use a Four Seasons resort for their third season. Rumors are swirling that the resort chosen for season 3 is the Amanpuri in Phuket, Thailand (White Lotus had already announced that season 3 takes place in SE Asia). I checked what the cost would be for me for 4 nights in January and the lowest category of room for 4 nights came to a staggering US$8,500.00 :scared::oops:o_O. I know it's an Aman resort, but is it really worth over $2,000.00 a night? A question that I will never know the answer to :rotfl2: .

I read on the site that-shall-not-be-named that White Lotus may break with tradition and not use a Four Seasons resort for their third season. Rumors are swirling that the resort chosen for season 3 is the Amanpuri in Phuket, Thailand (White Lotus had already announced that season 3 takes place in SE Asia). I checked what the cost would be for me for 4 nights in January and the lowest category of room for 4 nights came to a staggering US$8,500.00 :scared::oops:o_O. I know it's an Aman resort, but is it really worth over $2,000.00 a night? A question that I will never know the answer to :rotfl2: .
Imagine the price after it's featured on White Lotus?

Well, I guess I messed up my AmEx Plat retention offer and they pulled the points back from me. My fee posted on 12/26/23. If I cancelled now, would I get any kind of partial refund of the annual fee?

I'm not sure I'd do it anyway, but just trying to see if it's even an option.

Thanks!

Well, I guess I messed up my AmEx Plat retention offer and they pulled the points back from me. My fee posted on 12/26/23. If I cancelled now, would I get any kind of partial refund of the annual fee?

I'm not sure I'd do it anyway, but just trying to see if it's even an option.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that! :( Was it a refund that caused it?

No AF refund if you cancel, prorated if you downgrade. But both the Green and Gold have annual fees and you would lock yourself out of the SUB if you haven't had the card before.

Sorry to hear that! :( Was it a refund that caused it?

No AF refund if you cancel, prorated if you downgrade. But both the Green and Gold have annual fees and you would lock yourself out of the SUB if you haven't had the card before.

Yes, it was a refund. I knew I had the refund too, I just miscalculated I guess and when they added the points, I assumed that I had met the spend. I just looked through it all again and I was about $50 off.

I guess I'll just chalk it up to a lesson learned. I messed up one other bonus and I swore I'd never do it again lol.

Maybe I'll get some really good offers to earn some more points again!

I helped my Dad apply for GE back in January. His application is STILL pending.

I didn't bother to apply for my Mom because they travel together so, it would be useless if she got approved and he didn't.
Sorry to hear that. It's so strange how some are so delayed. My 28 yo DD applied last week and got almost instant conditional approval. (She called me as she was applying to make sure she answered some Q's correctly.) She is hoping to do the final enrollment upon arrival when she gets back in the US in a couple of weeks.

Did I read here (or somewhere) recently of a 'trick' to get Hyatt points reservations even if website showing no available dates? (I might be imagining things) thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter