I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Does anyone know what the "Disney gift" is for attending some kind of DVC thing? I just got an email that says:

We’re so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort!​
While you’re here, check out convenient ways to learn how you can stay magical year after year with Disney Vacation Club®. Stop by a casual Open House, where you can:​
Resort Icon
Explore deluxe accommodations that Members can enjoy, again and again.
Money Icon
Ask how to learn about saving up to 50% on future Disney Vacation Club® Resort stays.*
Shopping Bag Icon
Pick up your free Disney gift (limit one per household, while supplies last).

There's no way we are buying DVC, but I might attend a brief tour just to see what the DVC rooms look like (we are staying at AKL).

What are the current Chase Sapphire support rules? I have a friend who might use my link for a MDD, and I'm pretty surprised to find that my CSR can generate a support for another CSR! When I last looked a few years ago that wasn't the case.

Also, can they choose either of the Sapphire products or is the rule now that CSR-->CSR and CSP-->CSP, but not CSR-->CSP?

Does anyone know what the "Disney gift" is for attending some kind of DVC thing? I just got an email that says:

While you’re here, check out convenient ways to learn how you can stay magical year after year with Disney Vacation Club®. Stop by a casual Open House, where you can:​

Resort Icon

Money Icon
Ask how to learn about saving up to 50% on future Disney Vacation Club® Resort stays.*

Shopping Bag Icon

There's no way we are buying DVC, but I might attend a brief tour just to see what the DVC rooms look like (we are staying at AKL).
Probably a print?

How do I use Priority Pass restaurant benefit through CSR? Do I present CSR or PP card or both? Any feedback on either of the DEN locations, Mercantile Dining or Sweetwater Mountain Taphouse?

Hoping Capital One lounge in DEN is open soon...
We've not used our PP lounge in DEN since Timberline closed as a lounge. Our go-to is definitely the amex lounge. It's just so good that I can't ever not go there and try the others. But both of the PP options look interesting!

Resort Icon

Money Icon

Shopping Bag Icon

IIRC this is valued at like $10 or under...based on the fine print a few years ago...so just cannot be worth much.

What are the current Chase Sapphire support rules? I have a friend who might use my link for a MDD, and I'm pretty surprised to find that my CSR can generate a support for another CSR! When I last looked a few years ago that wasn't the case.

Also, can they choose either of the Sapphire products or is the rule now that CSR-->CSR and CSP-->CSP, but not CSR-->CSP?
The Sapphire products haven't been updated to product family support yet. So still the CSP-> CSP and CSR-> CSR only. I think this might be the last product line to be one to one.

The CSR support was relatively recent, given how long they took away that option. I want to say fall of 2022. So maybe 8-ish months?

You can always follow your own link to see what options are available. (Just be sure not to save it somewhere you'll try to apply from it!) I always load the link before I send it to make sure it works and it's showing the offer I want for the receiver. Sometimes the support offer is different from a public offer, so I like to confirm.

It’s just CSR-CSR or CSP-CSP

Coming up on 48mo with CSP/CSR. May not go for another MDD, since we have P2's CIP we're still working towards, but I can also wait a few months to decide. In the meantime, I need to decide whether to PC or cancel them since I've been dragging my feet on it.
questions:
- On CSR, I can wait til AF hits, book travel, then PC/cancel and the travel credit will still apply?
- Am I still eligible for SUB on CSR if the CSP is still active (or vice versa) or do I need to PC/cancel both before reapplying for one?
- What are the benefits of changing a CSR -> CSP or CSP -> CSR?

On CSR, I can wait til AF hits, book travel, then PC/cancel and the travel credit will still apply?

Yes, you'll be able to see online when the credit resets. I prefer to PC since there are no AF options.

- Am I still eligible for SUB on CSR if the CSP is still active (or vice versa) or do I need to PC/cancel both before reapplying for one?

You need to PC both to a Freedom so you're no longer holding a Sapphire and wait 4 days. Or cancel and wait 30 days.

- What are the benefits of changing a CSR -> CSP or CSP -> CSR?

CSR -> CSP to save on the AF, have the support availability and/or keep the travel insurance. CSP -> CSR to double dip the travel credit (main reason), with side benefits of Priority Pass with restaurant benefit and better travel insurance.

How do I use Priority Pass restaurant benefit through CSR? Do I present CSR or PP card or both? Any feedback on either of the DEN locations, Mercantile Dining or Sweetwater Mountain Taphouse?

Hoping Capital One lounge in DEN is open soon...
we used the sweetwater mt taphouse in dec. flying on sw, it was quite a hike but we had 3 hrs between flights. it is difficult to find and at the end of a different terminal. showed them the pp card at the counter and then they seated us. food was good.

wanted to share a card with good earning potential.
"USBANK Shopper Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card"
i did 16% off using rmn (10%) and this card(6%) on shopdisney.

not sure why i HAD to have this card but at one point i wanted it as a potential earner and was at a low point
in my 05/24 stats and went for it.

6%
Cash back on your first $1,500 in combined eligible purchases each quarter with TWO retailers you choose
6% CASH BACK RETAILERS
Ace Hardware®
Apple®
Amazon.com
Anthropologie™
Bed, Bath & Beyond®
Best Buy®
Chewy.com®
Crate & Barrel™
Disney®
Home Depot®
Ikea®
Kohl’s®
Lowe’s®
Lululemon™
Macy’s™
Menard’s®
Nordstrom™
Pottery Barn®
QVC®
Restoration Hardware™
Target®
Walmart®
Wayfair.com
Williams-Sonoma®

5.5%
Cash back on prepaid car and hotel reservations booked directly in the Rewards Center

3%
Cash back on your first $1,500 in eligible purchases on your choice of ONE everyday category
3% CASH BACK CATEGORIES
Gas & EV Charging Stations
Wholesale Clubs
Bills/Home Utilities
1.5%
Cash back on all other eligible purchases

We're back from our modified CA vaca. It was supposed to be a Yosemite trip for me and DS (19), but we changed our plans when they announced closures. Ironically, they backtracked on this decision the day before we left, so we could have actually gone if I had not already rebooked everything. Oh well.

We flew from BOS to SFO on Alaska Air booked with 12.5k AA points/each.

We stayed at the Marriott Pulse at Fisherman's Wharf in SF for 2 nights with a 35k FNC on a Pointsavers rate + 1 night cash. The rooms have a cool industrial design that DS liked. It was a nice hotel and I'd recommend it. The only downside besides a parking fee, was the street noise in our "urban view" room. I think the courtyard room would have been quieter and a better choice. We did some sightseeing in SF, but Muir Woods was definitely the highlight. I could have stayed there indefinitely.

After SF, we went to Monterey Bay Aquarium. We should have skipped it. It was expensive and underwhelming which turned out to be the theme of the day. From there we went to Solvang. So much driving! The area is charming, but our hotel was not. We had booked the Wine Valley Inn because it looked really nice online. It's not. Our 2nd floor, $200 room smelled like a musty basement, and was in serious need of an update. All of the furniture had visible damage and the windows didn't open. When a text came welcoming us to the hotel, I mentioned the smell and they offered us a room change. Unfortunately, after a short time in our new room, which didn't look much better than the first one, DS noticed a long line of ants marching across the floor near the bed. At this point we just wanted to leave, but it was late and we were only staying 1 night. I went back to the office again and they said they could either spray the bugs or give us another room. Inhaling pesticide was not a good option in my mind, so we changed rooms again. This time they upgraded us to a cottage which turned out to be fine.

After Solvang, we went to Santa Barbara and explored the courthouse and did some sightseeing before heading to our last hotel, the Crowne Plaza in Ventura that was booked with a FNC. The hotel is next to the ocean on one side and a freeway and train on the other. It was clean and comfortable, but nothing extraordinary. I had high hopes of sitting on the balcony listening to the waves, but the road noise was overpowering.

Our flight home on JB out of LAX, booked on points, was delayed almost 3 hours which from what I've read is just shy of receiving compensation. That was a stinky way to end the trip. Overall, it was a memorable and mostly enjoyable trip. We saw some amazing sights and experienced many new things. Hopefully, we can get to Yosemite someday.

Hi all! Great to meet you! I’ve been on and off in the churning game for a few years now, but never with a Disney focus. We’re a family of 4 with a P1 (me) and a P2 (husband) and then two little guys that reap the rewards lol.

We took our first Disney vacation in Feb and fell HARD. We are semi-locals (Tampa area) and are now annual pass holders and DVC members. 😱

Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to learning from you!!

I’m also on Reddit - how do I get an invite to the subreddit I read about in the stickies?

Hi all! Great to meet you! I’ve been on and off in the churning game for a few years now, but never with a Disney focus. We’re a family of 4 with a P1 (me) and a P2 (husband) and then two little guys that reap the rewards lol.

We took our first Disney vacation in Feb and fell HARD. We are semi-locals (Tampa area) and are now annual pass holders and DVC members. 😱

Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to learning from you!!

I’m also on Reddit - how do I get an invite to the subreddit I read about in the stickies?
:welcome: We are also DVC members and AP holders…great combination with your little ones

We've not used our PP lounge in DEN since Timberline closed as a lounge. Our go-to is definitely the amex lounge. It's just so good that I can't ever not go there and try the others. But both of the PP options look interesting!

Agreed, the Centurion Lounge is our preference. We are traveling as a party of six with only two cardholders and so with the new rules, that puts the Amex lounge out for four of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter