I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Hi all! Great to meet you! I’ve been on and off in the churning game for a few years now, but never with a Disney focus. We’re a family of 4 with a P1 (me) and a P2 (husband) and then two little guys that reap the rewards lol.

We took our first Disney vacation in Feb and fell HARD. We are semi-locals (Tampa area) and are now annual pass holders and DVC members. 😱

Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to learning from you!!

I’m also on Reddit - how do I get an invite to the subreddit I read about in the stickies?
Welcome! You really did fall hard, lol. Disney is so great for kids of all ages and it's so great to enjoy it through their eyes! A lot of DVC members here will buy discounted Disney GC to pay their dues. There's a dedicated gift card thread if you haven't seen that yet and over here we'll often post about cc offers to buy GCs at a discount.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/. You can message the mods over there with your DISBOARDS username, and they'll get you joined to the group.

@becauseimnew Are you still planning your safari vacation? I friend just got back from South Africa and her photos are amazing. My interest is definitely piqued. I'd love to hear more about from anyone who has done a safari trip.

@becauseimnew Are you still planning your safari vacation? I friend just got back from South Africa and her photos are amazing. My interest is definitely piqued. I'd love to hear more about from anyone who has done a safari trip.
This wasn't directed at me, but I'm in the planning stages of an East African safari for July 2024. I've got my one night booked at Giraffe Manor (squeeeee!) and need to figure out the rest still :D

Hi all! Great to meet you! I’ve been on and off in the churning game for a few years now, but never with a Disney focus. We’re a family of 4 with a P1 (me) and a P2 (husband) and then two little guys that reap the rewards lol.

We took our first Disney vacation in Feb and fell HARD. We are semi-locals (Tampa area) and are now annual pass holders and DVC members. 😱

I’m also on Reddit - how do I get an invite to the subreddit I read about in the stickies?
Saying hello, from a happy 20 year BWV owner!! Welcome

No… it became overwhelming trying to find 4 seats in J, so I decided to put it off. But it seams like there is more availability now since there are more routes.
We are going to WDW and possibly getting scuba certified in 2024.

Thanks for this. I've tried using personal credentials on website and app, no sign of a tracker. I clearly enrolled in the offer correctly because a) I got the checking bonus and b) I have that email. If I call now, I'm sure they'll just tell me it hasn't been 15 days, so I'm going to give it until next Tuesday and, if there's still no bonus, give them a call.
Chase Day comes again. Got my savings bonus this evening sometime. $200 into the savings account and the 400 for combined in the checking. How'd you do?

Agreed, the Centurion Lounge is our preference. We are traveling as a party of six with only two cardholders and so with the new rules, that puts the Amex lounge out for four of us.
My dh and I each got grandfathered in under a courtesy thing where we get another year of each bringing in 2 guests. So. we've been able to continue using the Amex lounge. Not sure what we will do next year if Amex keeps to the current rules. They have been in place for 3 mos and we have flown 4 times since then. I've not seen a decrease in lounge crowds, which I surmise was the goal.

Hi! And welcome to the AP and dvc family! DVC is, without a doubt, one of the best decisions my dh and I ever made. I daily dream of more points :lovestruc

Unrelated to anything churning... but if you're going to be taking your little guys to the parks from now on, some people like to do an annual photo with the wooden Indian statue in Epcot as sort of growth chart over the years... just a thought :)

Chase Day comes again. Got my savings bonus this evening sometime. $200 into the savings account and the 400 for combined in the checking. How'd you do?
Still nothing! I called Chase and she confirmed that I qualified for the bonus but that it could take up to 15 business days to credit. (Which, not for nothing, I read the email 3 times, I just says 15 days) and that I need to wait until Monday and it'll be there. Very annoying to hear other folks with much later dates already getting their money, but at least she confirmed that she sees me qualifying...

Very interesting. Autoslash, which is loved here for monitoring your car rental price, has just launched HotelSlash, which will monitor your cash hotel booking. It's a paid service, but sounds like it's just launching today and offering a free 90 day trial.
What's also really cool is that it will monitor any booking you made anywhere just by forwarding the confirmation email and it will even check for a better room type or inclusion (like free breakfast) at the pricepoint you booked.

ETA: I just signed up for the 90 day trial- no credit card info required.

My dh and I each got grandfathered in under a courtesy thing where we get another year of each bringing in 2 guests. So. we've been able to continue using the Amex lounge. Not sure what we will do next year if Amex keeps to the current rules. They have been in place for 3 mos and we have flown 4 times since then. I've not seen a decrease in lounge crowds, which I surmise was the goal.

I was at the CLT Centurion club 2 weeks ago (first visit) on a Monday at ~4pm and it was so crowded that at first they said it would be "less than an hour wait". I, along with 3 other people, were told this at the elevators in the concourse by a staffer. So we went up to place our names/numbers on the wait list and the desk people said enough people had cleared that we could go directly in. It was very crowded and it took me awhile to find the seating I wanted (with a table).

Hi All! I'm a lurker who's been following along for a few years now - just had my first denial with CapOne Venture. :( I'm at 4/24 with my most recent card being the IHG in March this year. Before that it was southwest in September 2022. I'll have one card fall off in August (CSP) and one fall off in February (USBank Altitude). I also have an Amex blue cash and discover I've held for over 5 years, as well as being an AU on 2 of P2 cards for over 5 years. I've never applied, nor held a CapOne card before, and no reason was given except I'll receive a letter in 7-10 days. Should I give them a call to see why or just slow down and move on? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi All! I'm a lurker who's been following along for a few years now - just had my first denial with CapOne Venture. :( I'm at 4/24 with my most recent card being the IHG in March this year. Before that it was southwest in September 2022. I'll have one card fall off in August (CSP) and one fall off in February (USBank Altitude). I also have an Amex blue cash and discover I've held for over 5 years, as well as being an AU on 2 of P2 cards for over 5 years. I've never applied, nor held a CapOne card before, and no reason was given except I'll receive a letter in 7-10 days. Should I give them a call to see why or just slow down and move on? Thanks!!
Capital One has a reputation of random denials with no specific criteria. Try not to take it personally!

There's no point in calling. If you try to recon, they will repull all 3 credit reports just to deny you again.

If you ever wanted to try again down the line, the things that might improve your chances are low inquiries, low new personal cards, answer the carry balance question yes, and have high balances on personal cards that have reported to the credit agencies. But Cap1 is unpredictable. I haven't tried again. Once denied, twice shy!

Thank you! Yes, I don't think I meet any of those approval criteria 😆. It's funny how it's hard to not take it personally!
There's no point in calling. If you try to recon, they will repull all 3 credit reports just to deny you again.

If you ever wanted to try again down the line, the things that might improve your chances are low inquiries, low new personal cards, answer the carry balance question yes, and have high balances on personal cards that have reported to the credit agencies. But Cap1 is unpredictable. I haven't tried again. Once denied, twice shy!

I think it might be random. I don’t carry balances, or have high balances reported to credit agencies. I did have other Capital One Cards when I was approved for Venture X 1.5 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter