I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We just share one account. All our finances are combined so for if it's no problem having access to each others' passwords and such. So all of our stuff is in a single place and we can both access it. You can store CCs on Bitwarden, too, and that's so useful for when I need to use up Biz plat credits and split payments, chat to get him a retention offer, etc. Don't need to have his card physically with me since that info is saved on Bitwarden.

ETA: forgot the second question. We have the free version. There's no ads or anything like that. But now I'm thinking for doing the $10 yearly to support the developers more and I guess the emergency access is good to have.
Ours are combined as well and I'm the money manager so have passwords to all accounts memorized but in the off chance DH needs access this is good to know. You've now given me a project for the day. Thanks to you and @gottalovepluto for the recommendation.

Ours are combined as well and I'm the money manager so have passwords to all accounts memorized but in the off chance DH needs access this is good to know. You've now given me a project for the day. Thanks to you and @gottalovepluto for the recommendation.
how does it affect sign on with apps and tv streaming? ifor instance to check my account I may use a browser for which this would work. but then if i want to go on my phon app or tv what happens to my password used for that?

Is it unlimited reimbursement or is there a limit?

nice does it have a cap? been wanting to start a swab account because of this and Amex platinum fee waiver.

Why? Schwab has Unlimited atm fee rebates & no foreign transaction fees. Looks like Fidelity charges a 1% foreign transaction fee that is wrapped into the transaction.

This is my first time using it and it's unclear if there are reimbursement caps. I can't imagine I would personally hit those, as I'm rarely grabbing cash.

@gottalovepluto Good catch on the foreign transaction fee. Given that's $5 on $500, with no ATM fees, I'll personally stick with Fidelity rather than open yet another account somewhere else, but it definitely seems like the superior option for someone looking to set up a new account, like @reliev.

Why? Schwab has Unlimited atm fee rebates & no foreign transaction fees. Looks like Fidelity charges a 1% foreign transaction fee that is wrapped into the transaction.
The wording states that they may charge it -
"Please note, for foreign transactions, there may be a 1% fee included in the amount charged to your account."

In practice, no one has seen it and a few years back it was confirmed by Fidelity that it was waived for PIN based transactions, including ATM withdrawals. Presumably that waiver is still in effect.

Every head to head comparison people have performed, that I've read, has Schwab and Fidelity coming out even or pretty close. I've checked my transactions against xe.com rates and they're always within cents, both Schwab and Fidelity. Although I haven't used Schwab in a couple years for stupid reasons (most recently, the card expired and my house ate the new one and I'm too stubborn to order a replacement because then the house wins...) so I don't have a recent first-hand DP for them.

Could change and they start to charge it for all transactions, but Schwab could always change too. Down to personal preferences still, in my book.

nice does it have a cap? been wanting to start a swab account because of this and Amex platinum fee waiver.

Are you thinking the Schwab plat appreciation bonus ($100 for 250k held, $200 for 1M, $1000 for 10M)? Or the Morgan Stanley plat that has the AF waiver? It seems difficult to make that worth it now unless you already have investments there (they also 1099 the waiver).

Back from our Banff trip last weekend. Most beautiful place I've ever been to! Flew into Calgary Thursday evening on WestJet on Delta points transferred from Amex. Stayed on FNC near the airport in a Residence Inn that was clean and comfortable. Drove up to Lake Louise on Friday. We had booked the Fairmont through Amex FHR. Our room was ready by 10:30 am! Unexpected but appreciated. They also gave us late checkout on Saturday at 4:00pm, also unexpected but came in useful! We loved the Fairmont LL. Great customer service and what a magical location. Enjoyed Morraine Lake and the easy lake shore path and canoes at Lake Louise. I went hiking on Saturday with with DS and DDIL at a few stops along the Icefields parkway while DH enjoyed the resort and watched the British Open.
We headed to the Fairmont Banff for Saturday and Sunday. Booked through Chase Fine Hotels. I've decided I like the Amex perks better. No late check out offered on Monday. Overall, customer service was lacking. We did have a nice room with a great view. Bathroom was tiny but adequate. Enjoyed the spa on Sunday with the mineral pool and outdoor hot tub. Golfed on Monday and enjoyed views on every hole. Headed back to Calgary and stayed at the Hyatt Place also on a free night.
Overall a great trip. Fairmont LL totally worth the splurge. Not sure I feel the same way about the Banff Fairmont. For us, 4 days in the area was perfect.

Are you thinking the Schwab plat appreciation bonus ($100 for 250k held, $200 for 1M, $1000 for 10M)? Or the Morgan Stanley plat that has the AF waiver? It seems difficult to make that worth it now unless you already have investments there (they also 1099 the waiver).
yeah, whats the 1099 waiver?
and it used to be better ill bother you all once I need a referral code :)

I am hoping you can get it to work. I tried my CS debit in France and Italy and could not get it to work.
I'm going to test it in Nova Scotia next month. I managed to make it a week in Banff without needing any cash so not sure I need any but wanted to test it. I have a Fidelity Cash Management debit card as well. I guess I should take both.

Anyone here part of the United messes I keep reading about? On my flight back from Calgary last month, I sat next to someone who had their United flight canceled. She was supposed to get from Chicago to Vancouver for a cruise. Was rebooked through Calgary and then got stuck there for 4 days. Missed her cruise.

Anyway, I am supposed to fly through EWR (which seems to also be having issues) on United next month. Seriously thinking about finding another way to get there. It would take some maneuvering. I am probably overthinking it...

Anyone here part of the United messes I keep reading about? On my flight back from Calgary last month, I sat next to someone who had their United flight canceled. She was supposed to get from Chicago to Vancouver for a cruise. Was rebooked through Calgary and then got stuck there for 4 days. Missed her cruise.

Anyway, I am supposed to fly through EWR (which seems to also be having issues) on United next month. Seriously thinking about finding another way to get there. It would take some maneuvering. I am probably overthinking it...
We’re flying United next week. I didn’t realize there were a bunch of problems lately. Now I’m worried

I thought it was mostly July 4th overbookings? DD flew out about 10 days ago on United and the flight was fine. (Also no issues on her April and May flights on United). We have a lot of United flights booked right now so I really hope it's not an ongoing issue.

My United travel woes from my Europe trip in May are documented earlier in this thread. Short story: they bumped us down a class and couldn't get our vouchers printed before we boarded. It took 8 weeks to get a response. I understand that all airlines have issues sometimes (I'm a former flight attendant). However, it is how the airline handles those problems that matters. United was terrible. I never realized how spoiled I was by Southwest's great customer service. If you can find a different way, do it.

We’re flying United next week. I didn’t realize there were a bunch of problems lately. Now I’m worried
The United operational meltdown was last week of June with some bleed into the beginning of July. They blamed storms + FAA + EWR sucking for their debacle 🙄

I haven’t been seeing the same stuff lately, are they still have issues? Looking at Flight Aware looks like they’re running like 40% of flights delayed (yikes!) but cancellations are running about 5%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter