• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Has he been to Mexico or Vegas?

We did Mexico in Feb and June (I took my kids in August). He's probably done Vegas as much as me (Jan, April, July we went together). He's a pilot and a Vegas trip usually happened every other month or so. His new plane doesn't go west of St. Louis, LOL.

He wanted to do Vegas for the Sphere and the Magic show (that I just saw). The Magic show doesn't have the seats I want. And the only Sphere tickets available are $100 more than I just paid. So I think he's okay doing which ever I want now. But now I have to see where we could stay in Mexico. I'm just sad all the places we'd like to go aren't direct until after Dec 16th. I guess we could change where we go in Feb to there and do our "Feb Mexico" trip now, LOL.

I know this post is a bit old, but DH and I did a Hilton timeshare presentation today and we have been debating the ethics of taking advantage of the offer (for us, it was a stay plus a lot of Hilton points) when we were 110% sure that we were not going to purchase (at least not on the spot). For the record: both of us are conflicted, and we did in the end not purchase anything. What's perhaps interesting is that we did learn a few things about the Hilton timeshare that made us slightly more likely to consider a purchase in the future, but we also felt that the people we dealt with today were kind of underhanded and manipulative. Also, by the second "this offer is only good while you are here," I was feeling somewhat less conflicted--if it's really a good or even decent deal, let me go home and think about it.
Hilton has been pummeling me with timeshare offers. This morning's offer was 3 nights for $199 (in Orlando) and after the presentation, an immediate return of the $199 to the card I use. Presentation would be the day after check in for 2 hours.

I've never done Hilton but have done a couple of others for a total of 4 times in about 40 years.

It's 'almost' tempting. Not there yet and probably won't do it. I would not be buying.

Does Chase count returns in regards to a SUB? I've looked at the portal and it says I've spent $5166 on my card. That includes the $95 AF. The thing is, I've had about $550 in returns over the 3 months. When I called earlier this week the CR told me I was good. But now I'm worried and my 3 mos ends tomorrow. I'm debating if I go buy $500 in giftcards somewhere to make sure I cover the spend.

WWYD?

Does Chase count returns in regards to a SUB? I've looked at the portal and it says I've spent $5166 on my card. That includes the $95 AF. The thing is, I've had about $550 in returns over the 3 months. When I called earlier this week the CR told me I was good. But now I'm worried and my 3 mos ends tomorrow. I'm debating if I go buy $500 in giftcards somewhere to make sure I cover the spend.

WWYD?
Have you already receive the points? If not wait until the points post, then make the returns. Chase doesn't care, but if you feel more comfortable, then purchase some gcs. Chase can change their minds at any point in time with no notice.

Have you already receive the points? If not wait until the points post, then make the returns. Chase doesn't care, but if you feel more comfortable, then purchase some gcs. Chase can change their minds at any point in time with no notice.
I have the points, but the offer was the 5 FNC. I called again today and she confirmed again that I'm good. So I've now had 2 CRs tell me I'm good. So I'm going to roll with it. I also sent a SM about the late fee I got on that account. I was traveling and forgot the time change when I paid. I paid 30 min late via EST. So I'm hoping they'll remove the fee. In the SM I asked to check one more time that I hit the $5k spend.

In an effort to figure out this dang trip....I just sat down and figured out all the FNC we have...

We have 2 nights at Resorts World (use by June), 2 Nights at Nobu Caesars (use by July), 3 Hilton Free Nights (2 by June, 1 by Nov), 2 Free Nights w/ IHG (use 1 by April, 1 by Aug) and 5 Marriott Free Nights (use by Dec 2024).

I hate how much I over think everything! GAH! Also I'm not sure how I'm going to use up all these free nights!

Hilton has been pummeling me with timeshare offers. This morning's offer was 3 nights for $199 (in Orlando) and after the presentation, an immediate return of the $199 to the card I use. Presentation would be the day after check in for 2 hours.

I've never done Hilton but have done a couple of others for a total of 4 times in about 40 years.

It's 'almost' tempting. Not there yet and probably won't do it. I would not be buying.
I actually bought a Hilton offer once, for the DC area before we were living here but visiting often. Every single time I tried to use it, if there was availability to use the certificate, there was no times available for the stupid presentation. It went unused and a waste of money. I tried multiple times. The presentation couldn't be on a checkin or checkout day (?) only on the middle day, and it never worked out. Never again.

They’re pummeling their entire mailing list. Life is too short for that nonsense!

fyi Bombas 25% off, plus 15% shopping portal, 15% off amex offer

pricey but I have never found a more comfortable sock. slowly replacing everything I own!
For those of you who really like Bombas, I'd really recommend trying Pacas. Made from alpaca fiber, they are buttery soft. Now I can't wear any other socks, including Bombas. Similarly priced to Bombas.

Objectively, I would say that this presentation was worth it (150,000 Hilton points and a four-night hotel stay for about $350). It was our first and I am a little curious to see if we will ever do another one. Subjectively, I do feel conflicted about accepting the offer knowing that we are not going to buy.
I actually bought a Hilton offer once, for the DC area before we were living here but visiting often. Every single time I tried to use it, if there was availability to use the certificate, there was no times available for the stupid presentation. It went unused and a waste of money. I tried multiple times. The presentation couldn't be on a checkin or checkout day (?) only on the middle day, and it never worked out. Never again.
When I called to schedule the stay/presentation, I realized that I got very lucky with the scheduling--if we ever do decide to do another offer, I will make sure to schedule many months in advance.

I used my Amex gold Biz at staples yesterday (11/24) for the $20 credit - total spent was $55. Realized today that the $295 AF posted on 11/22. Due date is 12/17. I plan on cancelling the card. I haven’t received the office store credit before. Am I reading that it takes about a week to come off? So I should wait for the $20 to come off, pay the $35 remaining balance and then cancel the card before 12/17 and the AF gets taken off too. Do I have this right?

My business SW card is up for renewal. I'm thinking of canceling it (I still have a personal card) but my DD has an employee card with it and I need to get her on another one of my cards without a foreign transaction fee. I was thinking of adding her to my CIP but wanted to post first to see if there might be some offers for employee cards that I don't know about.

Time to PC my CSR to CSP. I have a My Chase Plan set up for the CSR. Does anyone know if it will just transfer over to the CSP automatically or will I need to pay it off early before PCing?

Objectively, I would say that this presentation was worth it (150,000 Hilton points and a four-night hotel stay for about $350). It was our first and I am a little curious to see if we will ever do another one. Subjectively, I do feel conflicted about accepting the offer knowing that we are not going to buy.

When I called to schedule the stay/presentation, I realized that I got very lucky with the scheduling--if we ever do decide to do another offer, I will make sure to schedule many months in advance.
I could be tempted by 150K points!

Past offers were 50K and 3 nights for $149 and $199 but never higher points.

Anybody using Chase UR points to buy iphones? I am seriously thinking of getting one for a gift. It's 1.5X till November 30th. Is this a dumb use of points, lol?

Hey y'all, if you could buy a business class fare on Qatar, one way for $1316 from your home airport to the Maldives/Middle East/Africa, including seat selection and lounge access, would you jump on that? Plus I'd earn 6500 Amex points for the purchase.
Or Japan Airlines biz class one way from Tokyo to home airport for $1172?

These are just a few examples if I bought American Airlines points during their promotion through 11/27 for 1.88cpp. I'm seriously considering it because they are so value and so hard to come by. There hasn't been a lower price offered since 2021. Thoughts?

Let me start with....GO BLUE!!!!

I used my Amex gold Biz at staples yesterday (11/24) for the $20 credit - total spent was $55. Realized today that the $295 AF posted on 11/22. Due date is 12/17. I plan on cancelling the card. I haven’t received the office store credit before. Am I reading that it takes about a week to come off? So I should wait for the $20 to come off, pay the $35 remaining balance and then cancel the card before 12/17 and the AF gets taken off too. Do I have this right?
I just went through this. My fee posted in October. I got my Oct credit, then got my Nov credit, then I cancelled. You can chat online to see what day you need to cancel by. Get both credits for Nov and Dec! Just from my own experience, Office Depot posted almost next day. Staples took a lot longer to post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter