I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Got the CIU 'apply by January 8' email. I'd love to app for it but I would have tough time spending $6k in 3 months right now. Of course that's what I feel every single time I start an application.
Both DH and I got this email. I’m working on a tough 6k right now, so 12k is impossible. I guess it is a good problem to have, low expenses. But it makes hitting MSR difficult.

All this talk about Chase Ink. Does everyone here have a side business? Etsy etc..How often does the 90k
bonus come around? I actually use to resell things but Craigslist/Facebook/Offer up. Does
that qualify?

Last edited:
Is there a place to see if my SW early bird credits reset on my SW personal card? My anniversary points posted on last statement (anniversary 12/16) and my annual fee posted on this statement(1/1). Am I good to use those credits before I cancel?
I thought you could see it in the Rewards Activity section, but I'm on the desktop and don't see it there. Here's the official terms:

"Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 2 EarlyBird Check-In services made with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card. Each EarlyBird Check-In service means a purchase made for EarlyBird Check-In one-way, per Passenger. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year."

80k points from the AmEx HH personal SUB in my account this morning. Will wait for the FNC to post, hopefully soon!

Just applied for a CIU for dd using a referral from mine and she was instantly approved with a 5k limit! Once I finish the MSR on my new CIP and her CIU I'll have another 230k URs. These will be an unexpected but very welcome boost to my UR stash. I might use some points to book a hotel in Bali (Ubud) in September. I'll reach my MSR in the next week with dd's res and tuition payment and a $1,200.00 utility bill I just received.

Last edited:
All this talk about Chase Ink. Does everyone here have a side business? Etsy etc..How often does the 90k
bonus come around? I actually use to resell things but Craigslist/Facebook/Offer up. Does
that qualify?
90K was the highest it has been. It has been at 90K for a while now, so not sure when it would come back. Many of us have gotten multiple Inks with this SUB. I use selling on eBay etc. as my business and have had no issues at all. I may need to sign DH up for another INK before the 90K goes away.

Travel booking fail today. I booked four separate rooms at a hotel in Lisbon, using combination of cash bookings, FNCs and points. Emailed the concierge the confirmations to request connecting rooms and early check-in. Forwarded them all over to my TripIt app, which is when I discovered I'd booked all of them for the wrong night!! Fun times.

Anyone with the IHG card receive the United Travel Bank $25 credit for this year yet? I noticed I received it last year on Jan. 5, so may not happen until then. I'm wanting to book a United flight and patiently waiting for the $25 credit. They expire after 6 months and I'm not sure if I'll use it again before then.

Anyone with the IHG card receive the United Travel Bank $25 credit for this year yet? I noticed I received it last year on Jan. 5, so may not happen until then. I'm wanting to book a United flight and patiently waiting for the $25 credit. They expire after 6 months and I'm not sure if I'll use it again before then.
Mine has not deposited yet.. still only shows the $25 from last year, set to expire on 1/14/2024. Last year mine deposited on 1/5 also, so I'd check again Friday or so. For a short while (like maybe 10 days) you should have both credits active! Would be a great time to use them if you can, since you should be able to use all $50 during the overlap.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of datapoints I wanted to share:

In late December I ordered a $50 Hilton giftcard on my Hilton Surpass to use my $50/quarter credit. The $50 credit just showed up today, and my Rewards tab for this quarter still shows $0 used. It appears that Amex used the purchase date, not the credit date for the quarterly credit. I’m going to wait a few days to make sure that doesn’t change, but then I’m planning to go ahead and order another $50 gc to not cut it so close next time!

I had asked last week about using the CSR $300 travel credit for DVC dues, and had gotten some mixed responses. I was able to get discounted DGC’s using various credit card offers for all but approx $40 of our dues, which I put on my DH’s CSR as an experiment. The $40 credit just showed up on his account today, so in case anyone is wondering, the CSR travel credit can be used for DVC dues. I know it’s probably better to use the credit for other expenses and use discounted giftcards, but if you’re in a pinch or want to save some cash it’s nice to know it’s an available option.

Well crap. I applied for the first southwest card and got the 7-10 day message. I’m only 1/24. This is a denial right? And it’s going to mess up my MDD?
I got a 7-10 day message on a different Chase card in Dec. Had to wait for the letter to post for the agent to verify it was me and was approved.
But yes, unfortunately, I think this will mess up your MDD.

Well crap. I applied for the first southwest card and got the 7-10 day message. I’m only 1/24. This is a denial right? And it’s going to mess up my MDD?
It took Chase a full 3 weeks to approve DH's SW priority card, applied toward the end of November. No status of application listed on the website, it was like it had never happened. We went ahead and had him apply for a CIC on 12/12 (approved), and on 12/14 he got an email that the SW card was approved!

My municipality charges a cc fee as well…I did look on PayPal bill pay and it’s not listed so not all bills can be paid that way
just catching up mine used to not charge a fee now they do but i get 4% discount for paying it early (in Florida) until the fee goes up higher than 3% i think it's worth it. I know others' mileage may vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter