I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Changes to Hilton Biz reported on Reddit

Amex Hilton Business Changes from Last Night

• SUB 175k/$8K/6 months. Offer ends 6/5/24.
• Annual fee $95-> $195
• Plastic -> Metal Card
• New $240 Hilton purchases in $60 Quarterly Credits
• New National Emerald Executive
• Removed FNC from 15k and 60k Spend (on 7/1/24)
• Category Spend 6x Removed (on 7/1/24) -> 5x on first 100k/year, then 3x
• Same 12x for Hilton Spend
• Priority Pass removed (on 7/1/24)

The $240 credit offsets the AF, but not happy they are removing the FNC.

My AF just posted @ $95 and I was going to cancel, but I figure I can use the $60 credits so will keep it for another year, but it will be on the chopping block in 12 months time.

Changes to Hilton Biz reported on Reddit

Amex Hilton Business Changes from Last Night

• SUB 175k/$8K/6 months. Offer ends 6/5/24.
• Annual fee $95-> $195
• Plastic -> Metal Card
• New $240 Hilton purchases in $60 Quarterly Credits
• New National Emerald Executive
• Removed FNC from 15k and 60k Spend (on 7/1/24)
• Category Spend 6x Removed (on 7/1/24) -> 5x on first 100k/year, then 3x
• Same 12x for Hilton Spend
• Priority Pass removed (on 7/1/24)

The $240 credit offsets the AF, but not happy they are removing the FNC.
It's essentially the BBP of Hilton cards now. I may keep 1 if I can consistently use the credits to offset the fee and to generate some decent HHonors points. But, I had 3 on my account to stack FNCs, so I don't like this change.

which restaurant? I'll be going thru there before that cutoff date lol....

It's a Pasta House & Schlafly Beer. They have mostly pizza and pastas, but also have a breakfast menu if you're there during breakfast hours. We've just ordered and then when it comes time to pay, I give them the Priority Pass card and they run the charges on it. It covers up to $56 which is always plenty for DH and me. This June DS will be with us, so it probably won't cover all 3 of us, but probably will mostly if we get waters instead of sodas!

Terminal 2 also has a lounge which is pretty nice, but we prefer getting the nice sit down meal, so will miss it unless I get a different card which still includes restaurants.

It's a Pasta House & Schlafly Beer. They have mostly pizza and pastas, but also have a breakfast menu if you're there during breakfast hours. We've just ordered and then when it comes time to pay, I give them the Priority Pass card and they run the charges on it. It covers up to $56 which is always plenty for DH and me. This June DS will be with us, so it probably won't cover all 3 of us, but probably will mostly if we get waters instead of sodas!

Terminal 2 also has a lounge which is pretty nice, but we prefer getting the nice sit down meal, so will miss it unless I get a different card which still includes restaurants.
is there a card that still includes restaurants?

When is the AF increase happening for current card holders?

It's increasing if your renewal date is on or after July 1.

The new credit should be active, so I bought Hilton GC on both mine and DH's cards to use up this quarter's credit. 🤞 it works. There probably isn't enough time to wait for DPs this quarter.

Our AFs are coming up next month. I'd keep it to get $200 GC on $95 AF, but I might want the cc slot more. Also not sure how much of a pain is it to use all these $50 GCs.

OK, for the IHG FNC, we have one from the Premier card that will be expiring before we can use it. Has anyone successfully gotten theirs extended or gotten points for it recently? We can literally use it less than 30 days after expiration. I tried chatting with IHG, and no dice. If you were successful, did you call Chase or IHG? Not sure who best to contact to see what can be done...

Also not sure how much of a pain is it to use all these $50 GCs.
That's what I'm worried about.
We have 2 Biz cards + 1 Surpass, that's $150/quarter (should have $300) before I cancel the biz cards. But our next trip is international, so I'm not sure we'll be able to use our cards in South Africa/Egypt.

That's what I'm worried about.
We have 2 Biz cards + 1 Surpass, that's $150/quarter (should have $300) before I cancel the biz cards. But our next trip is international, so I'm not sure we'll be able to use our cards in South Africa/Egypt.

I wondered about this too. You can use it internationally as long as the hotel accepts Amex. There's no foreign transaction fee. From the card holder terms:

"How are transactions made in foreign currencies processed?If you make a purchase at an establishment in a foreign currency, it will be converted into U.S. dollars on the date it is processedby us or our agents. Unless a particular rate is required by applicable law, you authorize us to choose a conversion rate that isacceptable to us for that date. Currently, the conversion rate we use for a transaction in a foreign currency is no greater than (a) thehighest official conversion rate published by a government agency, or (b) the highest interbank conversion rate identified by us fromcustomary banking sources on the conversion date or the prior business day. This conversion rate may differ from rates in effect onthe day of your transactions. Charges converted by Merchants will be billed at the rates these Merchants use. We will not charge aconversion fee for transactions made in foreign currencies."

Though I'm still worried they'll be a pain to use if the hotels aren't familiar with them. But that applies domestically too.

is it $56 b/c you're 2 people? I'm solo

I skimmed the pages I missed. Nashville didn't happen. I should be in Cancun right now, that's not happening. My daughter was admitted unexpectedly to the hospital (read between the lines) on Thursday. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. Basically daily anxiety attacks for me, living on Xanax, and back pain back from 36 hours in an ER chair. Sigh.....
So scary, sending prayers for you and yours :grouphug:

Hi friends! Hoping you can refresh my memory, as it's been quite a while since I had to do this.
Does Chase require a phone call to add a household member for pooling URs? Recently had to get a replacement CSR (too long of a visit to Nomad Lounge before heading to the airport on a recent trip and lost my card somewhere along the way...LOL). In DHs Chase account it's still showing the old card to combine points, so of course it won't allow me to combine. Was hoping I could get this done online somehow since DH hates calling in.

It's increasing if your renewal date is on or after July 1.

The new credit should be active, so I bought Hilton GC on both mine and DH's cards to use up this quarter's credit. 🤞 it works. There probably isn't enough time to wait for DPs this quarter.

Our AFs are coming up next month. I'd keep it to get $200 GC on $95 AF, but I might want the cc slot more. Also not sure how much of a pain is it to use all these $50 GCs.
did you purchase them in person or on line?

is there a card that still includes restaurants?

Doc has an article on it and it looks like the Citi Prestige, City National Bank Visa Infinite and the U.S. bank Altitude Reserve. I haven't read much on them, but I'm hoping to take a look at them because we do get the value out of eating there now. We usually fly out 4 or 5 times a year from there.
is it $56 b/c you're 2 people? I'm solo

Ah, yes, I forgot that it's because we're two people. I think solo is $28. That can get a nice meal there though!

Hey Europe travelers. Narrowing down our 2025 trip. Doing a tour group. One goes to Germany, Austria, Prague and Hungary. The other Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Pros and Cons on eavh one. Both 10 days and similar in price. Anyone have any recommendations and why. Also the companies we are looking at are Traflagar, Collette and Globus. Anyone have any experience with these groups.

I'm cleaning out my credit card "wallet." We have so many expired or replaced metal cards. I use to put the plastic cards through the shredder or cut them up.

What do people do with the old metal ones?

I remember there have been times I was sent an envelope in which to send back the expired card back when I got a new one. I don't remember getting them recently.

Also, I have multiple cards from different banks and for different people. I don't want to get chuck them in the garbage. Some of these cards are still in use, just expired. I also don't want to send 10+ separate envelopes back to Chase/Amex/CO, assuming I get the"recycling" address somewhere online.

What does everyone else do with all these indestructible metal cards?

Eta: maybe I should use them to make a back splash in the kitchen! :rotfl:

I'm cleaning out my credit card "wallet." We have so many expired or replaced metal cards. I use to put the plastic cards through the shredder or cut them up.

What do people do with the old metal ones?

I remember there have been times I was sent an envelope in which to send back the expired card back when I got a new one. I don't remember getting them recently.

Also, I have multiple cards from different banks and for different people. I don't want to get chuck them in the garbage. Some of these cards are still in use, just expired. I also don't want to send 10+ separate envelopes back to Chase/Amex/CO, assuming I get the"recycling" address somewhere online.

What does everyone else do with all these indestructible metal cards?
I send them back in the envelope provided by Chase. I haven't had either of my AMEX metal cards expire yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter