I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question re the 'new' hilton card at 75k offer.... this is different from the 'old' hilton honors cards? DH and I both have that card. Since I'm dipping more into Hilton lately,I'm curious about what I can qualify for(haven't even started spend for hilton biz!) I don't want to go thru all the spend only to not qualify for a bonus....and that marriott offer looks so good....I WISH I qualified, but My guess is I have to be under 5/24 to get that so I didn't even open the email (they sent it to me, but I don't think I qualify,what is that?) I'd like to expand some Marriot and/or Hilton options soon,since most avenues for me are closed for a while, but I like having hotel points to use when desired.... I feel like I know the 5/24 rule, but then there a ---/12 rule for amex that's got me confused also. Got to do more reading now.
The no AF Hilton Card is the same as the old no AF one so if that’s the card you’re talking about you would likely be denied the bonus if you tried again.

Same guy, same boat. Even same artist. Love the Jolly Roger!

But more so, Peter Pan is my favorite classic ride and I love Eyvind Earle's work on Peter Pan, as well as Sleeping Beauty and Lady and the Tramp. We caught an exhibition of his work last year at the Walt Disney Family Museum; been obsessing over his color palette since.

@miztressuz when are you putting up an avatar, or do you prefer to remain a mystery? And @wendow, loving the new avatar with that beautiful smile!
Thanks! I love your new avatar also. Peter Pan is my fav classic attraction too! It’s the first thing I always have to do after getting to MK. So excited to ride it at DL!

The helmet will remain a stronghold. LOL! It is a perfect representation of my name and allegiance :) Plus, I don’t like change, haha.
I love change (why I change mine a lot!) but I’d probably die from the shock if you changed your avatar. You are clearly a huge fan of your high school football team! Did you play on the team?

:offtopic:

So I'm sitting here at home this Sunday morning instead of at Disneyland like we'd been doing every Memorial Day weekend for the last 7 or 8 years (yes, including those crazy 24 hour parties). I just couldn't justify Pixar Fest when Pixar Pier isn't even open yet (wth is up with that?).
Right! It’s weird. We were originally going this weekend too but we decided to push out to hit the opening of Pixar Pier.

Thanks! I love your new avatar also. Peter Pan is my fav classic attraction too! It’s the first thing I always have to do after getting to MK. So excited to ride it at DL!

Expect to wait in line. :crazy2: A lot of people have the same idea to make Peter Pan's Flight their first ride and make a mad dash through Sleeping Beauty Castle after rope drop. Peter Pan always jumps immediately to a 30+ minutes wait when the park opens in the morning and remains at 45+ minutes throughout the day. It's a very low capacity ride, using an ancient track system that that has to stop each ride vehicle to load passengers (vs. the omni loader system at WDW). There's no FastPass for it, and I don't think it's even available via MaxPass.

But I still love it, and we make it a point to ride Peter Pan at least once every trip. Love the suspended track that makes you feel like you can fly! And the attraction looks better than ever after the refurbs ~three years ago.

Expect to wait in line. :crazy2: A lot of people have the same idea to make Peter Pan's Flight their first ride and make a mad dash through Sleeping Beauty Castle after rope drop. Peter Pan always jumps immediately to a 30+ minutes wait when the park opens in the morning and remains at 45+ minutes throughout the day. It's a very low capacity ride, using an ancient track system that that has to stop each ride vehicle to load passengers (vs. the omni loader system at WDW). There's no FastPass for it, and I don't think it's even available via MaxPass.

But I still love it, and we make it a point to ride Peter Pan at least once every trip. Love the suspended track that makes you feel like you can fly! And the attraction looks better than ever after the refurbs ~three years ago.

Hmm, we head straight there from RD at WDW and wait 5 mins at the most. It sounds like maybe it's still best to hit right at RD since the wait is only 30'ish in the morning, right? It does the same at WDW. Quickly climbs to 45 mins within a half hour of opening and it never drops below unless you ride during the fireworks (or back when they had the parade).

Yes - the lines get so long so fast - even at WDW! In Dec, we went directly there and rode it first. We were actually the first on, which is a first for us. Not sure how DL is laid out, but at WDW we roped dropped near Adventureland instead of straight back toward the castle - was a faster walk I think. Surprised DL doesn't do FP for it.

At BWI, those who have GE go off to the right as you enter the customs area. There are kiosks where you’ll scan your passport, answer the questions, it takes a picture and print out a slip that you’ll take to the customs agent. You grab your bags an exit to the right. They don’t make you put your bags through the baggage check machines. It is super quick and we have typically been the only family in the GE area.

If you have your GE card with you, you won’t need it at all since it is connected to your passport.

Thank you! I actually have it through my nexxus card for Canada border crossing so no he card.

Passport control Olin Iceland which I didn't think I was going to have to do on the way home since I flew in from the schengen .At least it moves fast.

Costco gives the same discount whether you book with them or with DCL then transfer.

That's good to know about the discount. I was referring more to the 2% cash back on Costco Travel as an executive member - do you know if you get that on a transferred booking?

Hmm, we head straight there from RD at WDW and wait 5 mins at the most. It sounds like maybe it's still best to hit right at RD since the wait is only 30'ish in the morning, right? It does the same at WDW. Quickly climbs to 45 mins within a half hour of opening and it never drops below unless you ride during the fireworks (or back when they had the parade).

The Peter Pan line can climb to 30-45 minutes within the first 5 minutes after rope drop. Guests are held at the Hub for RD and there's a mad dash through the Sleeping Beauty Castle drawbridge right at RD; Peter Pan is the first attraction on the right, right after you pass through the Castle. We usually send my wife or myself to get in line while the other parks our stroller. Disneyland closes off Fantasyland during the fireworks and there's usually crowds waiting to rush Peter Pan when they open up Fantasyland again. Good luck!

Do not plan on opening up Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday because there is Magic Morning/Extra Magic Hour on those days, so guests with early admission will have already been in Disneyland (and in line) for an hour when the park open to the general public. Open up Disney's California Adventure on those days instead. And vice versa, don't open up DCA on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday when they have MM/EMH; do Disneyland instead.

Same guy, same boat. Even same artist. Love the Jolly Roger!

But more so, Peter Pan is my favorite classic ride and I love Eyvind Earle's work on Peter Pan, as well as Sleeping Beauty and Lady and the Tramp. We caught an exhibition of his work last year at the Walt Disney Family Museum; been obsessing over his color palette since.

@miztressuz when are you putting up an avatar, or do you prefer to remain a mystery? And @wendow, loving the new avatar with that beautiful smile!

Thanks for the artist! I liked the night scene you had before, now I can look for it for my desktop (on reread that might seem a little creepy, but no, really, it's not)

As for mine I didn't like the DIS insisting on an avatar with the Add a Avatar!!!! command that pops up. First instinct is to automatically resist, so it's put me off. And my original plan was to be the last person on the DIS without one so the ? became me by default :D
But since I'm here like all the time now I could probably join the group; my my, peer pressure is still real even after school :laughing:

I'll look around and see if anything pops. who knows, maybe I'll come up with one and throw you all off for a change!

I love change (why I change mine a lot!) but I’d probably die from the shock if you changed your avatar. You are clearly a huge fan of your high school football team! Did you play on the team?
I was in the band actually lol. After I graduated my parents and I continued going to every game on Friday nights and now my older daughter comes too. I just really enjoy following the team :)

When are you going to DL again? I don’t think I’ve ridden Peter Pan at DL... I don’t remember doing it the last time I went! Maybe this trip.

I was in the band actually lol. After I graduated my parents and I continued going to every game on Friday nights and now my older daughter comes too. I just really enjoy following the team :)

Band parent here (trumpets and saxophones). Band is how my kids learned about football -- we actually are pretty big fans of our local college team now (bought season tickets a few years ago), and one of my son's friends is an NFL quarterback, so we follow his team. Ten years ago I never would have predicted that our family would become football fans, but life is weird.

I'd like to run my situation by everyone in the group. I'm 4/24 with a CIP and my wife is 2/24 with CIP. She is an AU on my CSR but I plan on removing that soon because I was thinking the CSR CSP double dip may be good for her. Please let me know what you would do in my situation. The dates are the approval dates. Thanks!!

Me:
Chase Sapphire Reserve 8/2/17
Chase Freedom 1/3/18
Chase Freedom Unlimited 3/1/18
American Express Amex EveryDay 3/18/18
Chase Ink Business Preferred 5/6/18

DW:
Chase Southwest Plus 10/31/17
Chase Southwest Premier 10/31/17
Chase Ink Business Preferred 3/21/18

No, nothing changed on the points front. Last week (I think, things move so quickly) the changes to the terms changed, so after Aug 26 you won't earn UR on the $300 the travel credit reimburses, your Priority Pass benefit allows just you and 2 guests (additional guests at $27 charged to your card), and the price protection benefit is removed. So the offer details were updated with these changes but points wise and everything else in the offer is still the same.

Thanks for that. Glad I didn't really miss anything regarding Chase offers. I finished my spending requirement for my CIC so just going to wait patiently for the next good offer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter