I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only used the Amex part of the card once in the 5 years I have had it opened. It has two separate credit lines and shows up on my credit report twice. So silly. I wish I had asked to been just considered for the store card. If the time comes and I am approaching, I will keep cancelling as an option! Maybe it could even be converted to just a store card. More research!
Do you manage the card through your Amex account? My thinking here is WF Amex cards don’t count because while Amex is the processor or whatever it’s a WF card. The fine print online for Macys Amex says the card is issued and administered by Department Stores National Bank. On those grounds I would try the gamble it doesn’t count toward your Amex limit- but that’s just me and it’s a gamble.

I’d also ask in the Reddit Daily Q thread. Someone might actually know.

Do you manage the card through your Amex account? My thinking here is WF Amex cards don’t count because while Amex is the processor or whatever it’s a WF card. The fine print online for Macys Amex says the card is issued and administered by Department Stores National Bank. On those grounds I would try the gamble it doesn’t count toward your Amex limit- but that’s just me and it’s a gamble.

I’d also ask in the Reddit Daily Q thread. Someone might actually know.
I do not manage it through Amex, only through the Macy's website when it redirects you. Sounds like a plan. I will inquire there too. Thanks!

ETA: Work does not like Reddit. I will do it when I get home!

Last edited:
Would a Macy's "Amex" count towards the 5 credit cards?

I'm thinking not. If it's not a card you can apply for through AmEx, then I believe that means it's on the AmEx network but not an AmEx card. I know Macy's used to use the Visa network, guess at some point they switched to AmEx.

However, you could get AmEx offers on network cards through a special site: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/thir...ex-offer-deals-with-american-express-connect/

If it works, have no idea if any of the good offers will show up to make it worthwhile to actually charge it to a Macy's card, but you never know until you try :P

Better than the previous 50k limit. But say Player 2 gets two Starriott cards in a year (or an SPG Lux 100k+ bonus), that cap means P2 won’t be able to transfer all his/her points over.

True. It is per calendar year though, so some strategic planning could help with that. What I haven't found is anything regarding Marriott's pre-8/18 policy where they let you transfer more than the cap if it was to redeem an award. DH has transferred more than 50K to me in a calendar year before (back in Jan 2017), when I was redeeming for a travel package.

So I'm gold, so I can transfer for free... out of my account? But if I want to put DHs couple thousand points in, or MIL/FILs it will cost $10?

That's how I interpret it, but DH transferred points to me in 2015 and 2017 when he didn't have any status and didn't get charged $10 for it so YMMV I guess. Not very helpful I know, sorry.

I'm thinking not. If it's not a card you can apply for through AmEx, then I believe that means it's on the AmEx network but not an AmEx card. I know Macy's used to use the Visa network, guess at some point they switched to AmEx.

However, you could get AmEx offers on network cards through a special site: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/thir...ex-offer-deals-with-american-express-connect/

If it works, have no idea if any of the good offers will show up to make it worthwhile to actually charge it to a Macy's card, but you never know until you try :P
Oh nice! If it doesn't take an official Amex slot, maybe it is worth keeping for some bonus offers! I have to see what I can get.

I’m 1/24, but the 1 is dropping off in October (I think).
I got the CIP in May 2018 (already got the bonus) and want to get the SW companion pass for 2019/2020, so planning on going for the biz and personal November/December 2019.
Would it be pushing it to try a CSR/CSP double dip now? Would it hurt my chances with the SW cards?

Does anyone know if they will match? I just got approved last week (don't even have the card yet) for 50K with one purchase. Is this 60K for just one purchase?

On the personal card side, Barclay will match if it's within 30 days of your application. I don't know if that's also true for business cards. Definitely worth SMing. And yes, one purchase will trigger the bonus.

I gave DH his Hilton biz after it came, and told him to use it for everything ELSE - basically other than CSR for dining and Freedom for Gas. We'll knock out 2/3 of the spend with my car... eventually... so no reason to move category spend right now.

Looking through his purchases from the last week. We have fast food, small gas station purchases (like drinks)...

This is why I label DHs cards.

Your ahead of me...My husband will carry one card so at least you got your husband to carry the 3....even if he didn’t use them correctly...lol

I don’t want to steer you wrong.

I have to wonder how well-versed that person on the FB travel group that @houstonmama mentioned is in travel hacking and the nuances of Chase’s bonus posting. That DP could be due to user error. He/she may have expected a bonus to post because they met spend before the statement close, but they may have missed the cutoff because they needed to meet MSR like a week before for the bonus to go pending (then post with the statement), not meet MSR a day or two before close and expect the bonus on that statement.

Again, the general understanding is that Chase does not approve cards without the bonus attached. If you are approved for the card, you’ll get the bonus.

Of course, this could change, but I personally have not seen any DPs of people not getting both bonuses from a double dip.

If it were me eyeing a double dip, I’d do it sooner rather than later. But I don’t want you to blindly take my advice because I don’t want to steer you wrong. Consider the worst case scenario if you double dip and don’t get one of the bonuses. What then? It’s your decision.

Thank you. I was hoping there might be an update saying that they did something incorrectly.

I guess worst case is I wait a bit and app for a biz if the dd doesn’t work and I only get one bonus there. That isn’t such a terrible worst case, really.

Oh I’d want both!

Could you get the SPG Biz after the new rules go into effect on 8/26?

Amex-Chart.png

If you’re still eligible for the SPG Biz on and after 8/26, I’d get the BBP now because that targeted offer may not appear again, whereas the SPG Biz 100k offer is public and expires on 10/31/18.

So, reviewing this again, I think I need to change my plans. I currently have the Marriott Biz which I got 1/18. I was originally planning to get the SPG personal. But I'm thinking maybe I should get the SPG Biz before 8/26, then get the SPG personal later since I don't have a Marriott personal and it doesn't look like the Marriott Biz or SPG Biz will affect me getting SPG personal?

I got the CIP in May 2018 (already got the bonus) and want to get the SW companion pass for 2019/2020, so planning on going for the biz and personal November/December 2019.
Would it be pushing it to try a CSR/CSP double dip now? Would it hurt my chances with the SW cards?
I don’t think you’d be pushing it. I’d do a double dip now...Then SW biz in Dec and SW personal in January maybe just to stretch it out a bit.

Just checked my AA account for the first time since last week and I see I'm now up to 70k miles! I need to have DH call into Barclays and figure out whats going on with his Aviator Biz. Sent in all the documents about 10 days ago but haven't heard anything yet.
They never responded to my SO's application after I sent in the materials. I was too lazy to follow up again.

Its risky but I think you could get away with it. My SO has similar Chase stats. Marriott personal in December, CIP in March, CIC in May, end of June CSP/CSR double dip. He hasn't been shutdown. Id push the SW cards off tho until December. After the Southwest cards I would hold off. Id do the CSR/CSP now if thats more important to you than the Southwest Cards. If Southwest is more important to you then hold off on the CSR/CSP. If you choose to wait and not get the CSR/CSP look into Amex Biz cards to keep you busy. If you got the CIP you should get Amex Biz cards no problem.

Is there a delay in SPG Biz points posting in Aug? Amex says my points were sent to Starwood on 8/11 but I've yet to see them.

So, reviewing this again, I think I need to change my plans. I currently have the Marriott Biz which I got 1/18. I was originally planning to get the SPG personal. But I'm thinking maybe I should get the SPG Biz before 8/26, then get the SPG personal later since I don't have a Marriott personal and it doesn't look like the Marriott Biz or SPG Biz will affect me getting SPG personal?

Sounds like a plan to me as long as you can do the 5k for the SPG Biz. It seems the best way to get lots of points and some free nights next year. With the AF's waived, it's hard to say no if you can make the spend :)

So any more news on that DP from FB where the double dip sapphires didn't work? I was planning to do my SW DD today...

ETA: I guess I could go back to the original plan of SW bus/personal. I just miss out on 40k extra SW points that way.

I've been searching other websites but haven't encountered and other DPs. I hope this person just made a mistake somehow didn't realize it and thats why he didn't get the bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter