I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s flexable you can use the UR points to book hotels, airfare, rental cars etc through the chase travel website or transfer them to their airline travel partners...I’ve transfer to SW....or you can cash out points 80,000 points are worth $800

The points use to post quickly...now it seems as if there is a 30 day delay once you meet the spend

Thank you! I can live with a 30 day delay. I’m very cautious with opening up too many cards. I have excellent credit and I’m worried that opening too many new cards could ruin it. Is there a rule of thumb regarding how many you should open over a span of time before your credit takes a hit? Like I said, we have 4 chase cards that we use, but one I’ve had for 10 years+, and the other 3 aren’t new. I think I’m okay opening another one??

Before you get yourself seriously overwhelmed keep one truth in mind. Wherever it is you want to go on points and miles, it is highly likely that some blogger has already done it and written about it. Then the other truths are that you have a group of people here that are happy to share their advice and hold your hand. So, now that is out of the way let's see what it looks like with some of your itineraries. I don't keep a spreadsheet so I don't know where you are flying out of.

To Paris, checked random dates for CDG and ORY
No saver awards in business. Anytime was 110 - 135 pp each way depending on the date - taxes and fees for RT in business was $131.61
Saver in economy was 30k each way, return only open with a connection and $90 in taxes and fees.

To Rome same thing but taxes and fees were $71.21 for business
Nothing direct in economy saver. Economy anytime was 65K pp each way

I did find one saver award to Germany on business for 57.5K AA miles.

AA does offer off peak mileage pricing to Europe but not in the summer and only in economy. November 1-December 14 or January 10-March 14 for only 22,500 American miles each way in economy.

So the taxes and fees aren't too bad on AA unless you are connecting in or flying to London. Those flights had taxes and fees of $305.81 pp. Still better than BA.

Thanks. We would be flying out of MSP. Figured like you always say - a year to get your points in order and then be ready to book when awards become available. Pretty open to June July or August in 2020. Kids will be home from college for summer and really want to plan something before they are off on their own and it gets harder to do with them. Cant wait for my travel books to arrive. At least then we can maybe narrow down some countries.

I crave McDonald's fries about twice a year and always regret it afterwards lol. Their cokes are definitely the best though.

THE BEST Coke!!:dogdance: A lot of the McDonalds around here are switching to the freestyle drink machines in the dining room, which I don't think tastes as good, but luckily the drive-thrus still have the good stuff!

And... @Lain beat me again, sorry. He did line it out perfectly, though.

LOL, me too! Last Thanksgiving we were supposed to fly to my parents but DH got sick so the only thing we ate ALL Thanksgiving Day was Whataburger.
I love Whataburger but was craving salad by Friday :)

Yes, unless they have healthy heaping doses of chic-fil-a and whataburger!!:rotfl2:

Speaking of, as I was driving today spilled my gallon of diet dr pepper (approx) from Whataburger all over myself and the car. Sadly, I was excited about getting a $150 car detail so I can continue to chip away at my Lux MSR. I think I'm $3900 down and $1100 to go!
Oh, and my car looks and smells great. :)

As a CA native, I've never had Whataburger. Where are they located?

Thank you! I can live with a 30 day delay. I’m very cautious with opening up too many cards. I have excellent credit and I’m worried that opening too many new cards could ruin it. Is there a rule of thumb regarding how many you should open over a span of time before your credit takes a hit? Like I said, we have 4 chase cards that we use, but one I’ve had for 10 years+, and the other 3 aren’t new. I think I’m okay opening another one??

As long as you haven’t opened up 5 personal credit cards or been an authorized user on cards in the last 24months or opened another chase card in 3 months you should be fine....just remember to put your name and SS number as the business information.....
I’ve opened 3 cards in the last year and my credit score has actually gone up...if you h e any questions Wilde applying ask everyone here is super helpful

Thanks. We would be flying out of MSP. Figured like you always say - a year to get your points in order and then be ready to book when awards become available. Pretty open to June July or August in 2020. Kids will be home from college for summer and really want to plan something before they are off on their own and it gets harder to do with them. Cant wait for my travel books to arrive. At least then we can maybe narrow down some countries.
I got to go to Slovenia to present a paper during grad school. I had no idea even where it was at first but it ended up being an awesome little European country. Unlike Croatia and Bosnia, it came out pretty much intact when Yugoslavia had its infighting and split apart. They had the best red wine also. Definitely someplace I would have never thought to go to but so glad I had the opportunity. Italy is right next door :) When I went it was cheaper to fly into Paris and then take a European carrier over to Slovenia. Which was perfect since I ended up with 5 days in Paris.

I did hesitate to post that for a moment thinking...wow I'm going to make somebody feel really bad about this lol!! Sorry :flower3:
No worries....dont feel bad..I’m happy for you with all the talk of Chase closing dd cards....seems like they may have had a IT issue that’s resolved and they now have to back track posting bonuses...I’m sure ours will not post tomorrow when the 2nd statement closes...but if it doesn’t go pending after I’m back from Disney next week...I’ll have to become Palhockey...DAD...of2..when I call Chase :upsidedow

Way behind, but I see that welcome bonuses are starting to pop up. I see my CIP bonus as pending - met spend on 8/17, so that 30 day thing is right on. However, my CSP spend was met 8/15, and nothing yet.

o_ONow your just killing me as we wait for ours :D MSR Met 8/14

Right there with you.

I did hesitate to post that for a moment thinking...wow I'm going to make somebody feel really bad about this lol!! Sorry :flower3:

I think you have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility - guilt for prior advice when the churning gods change the rules on everyone, concern for others when posting that your points have finally posted... I'm pretty sure all your good advice outweighs the vagaries of the churning universe! :rotfl:

We do want to see Paris (typical tourist attraction) but I have heard not as many speak English in France. London would be good too.

I can't help too much on award travel questions, but I can offer opinions on your itinerary!

I'm very partial to Paris, and when we went last March found that people more often than not replied to my French with English (and I used to live there! Plus seven years of classes in school. Sometimes people just want to practice, I guess). Learning some key phrases helps a lot too to keep yourself oriented, and there's Google Translate for the rest. Overall any Western European City operates pretty much like a city in the US does* - you've got ATMs, grocery stores, banks, public transit, corner pharmacies, people going to work or school - it's just in a different language and currency, and the buses/subways might take some getting used to. Yes, trains are a very viable and easy way to get around Europe. I'd say pick the place you've ALWAYS wanted to go or has stuff you'd be interested in (Renaissance art and architecture and delicious food? Italy. British history? London. Beautiful green countryside and quaint little villages? Ireland. Amazing hiking and untouched medieval castles? Prague/Czech Republic.) I personally prefer to pick one destination and explore it thoroughly as I get exhausted spending all my time traveling between cities but you can definitely have a great trip just making short stops in multiple places.
* Unlike, say, some areas of in SE Asia, where the traffic laws are made up and pedestrians don't matter :drive:

I think you have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility - guilt for prior advice when the churning gods change the rules on everyone, concern for others when posting that your points have finally posted... I'm pretty sure all your good advice outweighs the vagaries of the churning universe! :rotfl:
Wait...my good advice outweighs this...are you saying I have...good Karma?? We shall not speak of Karma here!!! OK OK humblebrag...my 3 mo. r/churning Karma topped 1,000 today, I was slightly pumped about that...Yes I live a sad life :)

Tagging @Haley R...

Not being a negative nellie but I seem to recall the Room Type you desired was a Premium Reward with Hilton so 5th night free would not work for you. Just setting honest expectations :)
Oh ha! I just sent her a bunch of rooms and rates. I always go for cheap so probably sent her the wrong ones. @Haley R if you let me know what room type I can send the right amount. It will be steep though, just fyi.

Oh ha! I just sent her a bunch of rooms and rates. I always go for cheap so probably sent her the wrong ones. @Haley R if you let me know what room type I can send the right amount. It will be steep though, just fyi.
If you look back in the comment history there was a Sat or Sun night a few weeks back where she mentioned the exact hotel and room type she was looking at. @calypso726 and I shared some points figures with her on what it would cost from what I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter