I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I've been completely absent. Got a side job...working as a TA under my aunt! She got a booking for 16 people to wdw yesterday. I've been completely consumed getting things booked and set-up. She's overwhelmed with cruises and doesn't know Disney as well really. She had hinted about me working with her before on the Disney trips she gets and I finally agreed :)
Congrats - that sounds so fun! I know I should really pursue the whole Disney TA thing some day. I could really help people (and I think I know more about Disney than many of the TAs I've encountered!)

Congrats - that sounds so fun! I know I should really pursue the whole Disney TA thing some day. I could really help people (and I think I know more about Disney than many of the TAs I've encountered!)
Same! I love using the TA for 'magical' savings but she knows less about Disney than I do. I am doing everything for this party of 16...booking dining, FP's, and of course, rooms. I always said I'd do the TA thing when my kids were more self-sufficient but I figured it takes time to build up a clientele. So start slowly now and maybe in 5 years, I'll be ready to go at it FT. My aunt started about 6-7 years ago and she is so busy. She gets new people calling her every single day to book new trips. She's late 60's so she cannot continue at this pace forever.

Same! I love using the TA for 'magical' savings but she knows less about Disney than I do. I am doing everything for this party of 16...booking dining, FP's, and of course, rooms. I always said I'd do the TA thing when my kids were more self-sufficient but I figured it takes time to build up a clientele. So start slowly now and maybe in 5 years, I'll be ready to go at it FT. My aunt started about 6-7 years ago and she is so busy. She gets new people calling her every single day to book new trips. She's late 60's so she cannot continue at this pace forever.
The crazy thing is...the Disney deals are beating my 'magical' savings this time. I can't believe that it's true...and my TA was arguing with me a little today because I want to switch and use their $50 Gift Card offer for booking a $4k package (non exclusive)... LOL.

The crazy thing is...the Disney deals are beating my 'magical' savings this time. I can't believe that it's true...and my TA was arguing with me a little today because I want to switch and use their $50 Gift Card offer for booking a $4k package (non exclusive)... LOL.
I’ve only used their deals in early May and Labor Day and those deals have all beat Disney by a mile. But last time I used them, sept 2017, I noticed the rates had creeped up quite a bit from the 2014 when we first used them.

I do too :) What does your DW say?

Eh - I couldn't do it while I'm working at the bank. It's more a thought of one of those jobs I could do in early retirement (when I want to make some money and have something to walk up for...but don't need to be "rolling in dough").
Haha - I read your comment as a response to me saying I should be a TA...LOL!

So a better response...my wife doesn't care. She's like "just tell me where we're staying"... So I'm left alone to overthink for hours and days on end :)

For everybody following my resort selection saga:
I've gotten it all broken down and analyzed now...
  • BC/GF = $4,452.80
  • BC/Poly = $4,433.32
  • YC/Poly = $4,414.37
  • YC/GF = $4,383.85
I will keep you posted on my selection, LOL!

Eh - I couldn't do it while I'm working at the bank. It's more a thought of one of those jobs I could do in early retirement (when I want to make some money and have something to walk up for...but don't need to be "rolling in dough").
Lol I meant what does your DW say about the resort choices?

I’ve only used their deals in early May and Labor Day and those deals have all beat Disney by a mile. But last time I used them, sept 2017, I noticed the rates had creeped up quite a bit from the 2014 when we first used them.
They kicked Disney's butt last year for our Jan/Feb trip. Not so much this year :scratchin

Were you denied at their money center? We had luck once going to customer service after the money center closed for the day. You might want to try it.

WM and all MO stations are largely dependent on the cashiers. i had some that tell me one card, some say 2 cards, i even had one that says to swipe as many times i want(i knew the registers are hardcoded to only accept 4).
if this continues to happen where they want to see your card, it may be best to make up some random number, like $468.23, hold a piece of paper out as if thats ur utility bill or something and try again.

I think 2 Hilton Biz cards is a no-brainer since they don't add to your 5/24 total. Honestly the 100k no AF Hilton card offer is pretty attractive right now too. 100k points for $1,000 spend and NO AF! Hard to justify a 5/24 slot for it...but that would go a long way towards your rooms in Japan AND you'd earn those points super quick due to the low MSR.
Dh and I were actually just talking about those two cards today. The no AF and low MSR are super appealing.

Dh and I were actually just talking about those two cards today. The no AF and low MSR are super appealing.
In your scenario - absolutely! You want to earn those points fast.

You could do something like this:
  • You apply for Hilton no AF card using DISchurner link
  • You REFER husband to Hilton no AF card using YOUR link (hello extra points :))
  • You could then apply for Hilton Biz using DISchurner link
  • Maybe REFER husband to Hilton Biz with YOUR link
Also once you have 1 Hilton card you can refer to all Hilton personal cards. So if you want more Hilton points from your 1 card you can refer husband to numerous cards. Of course you want to be sensitive to how many 5/24 slots you devote to AMEX Hilton cards - it may not make complete sense.

In your scenario - absolutely! You want to earn those points fast.

You could do something like this:
  • You apply for Hilton no AF card using DISchurner link
  • You REFER husband to Hilton no AF card using YOUR link (hello extra points :))
  • You could then apply for Hilton Biz using DISchurner link
  • Maybe REFER husband to Hilton Biz with YOUR link
Also once you have 1 Hilton card you can refer to all Hilton personal cards. So if you want more Hilton points from your 1 card you can refer husband to numerous cards. Of course you want to be sensitive to how many 5/24 slots you devote to AMEX Hilton cards - it may not make complete sense.
To put some numbers to this...
  • You earn 100,000 bonus + 3,000 base for the first no AF card
  • You earn 20,000 refer + 100,000 bonus + 3,000 base for the 2nd no AF card
  • 226k Hilton points for spending $2,000...NO AFs...NOT BAD!
If you continue with the biz cards (based on where the offers are today) you could earn another approx. 288k Hilton points from those 2 cards and paying 2x $95 AFs.

4 Cards with referring between spouses = 500k+ Hilton points for $190 and $8k MSR...

I'm almost convincing myself to go for this HAHA!

:offtopic: WARNING...lol!

Ok...so now I'm torn friends. I'd love insight/thoughts from the Disney fans I trust the most...
  • Last year we stayed at Beach Club and Poly. It was nice...it worked well. No bus rides except on our AK day.
  • This year we were going to do Boardwalk/Contemporary with URs...well we know that blew up
  • So I booked BC/Poly again on a TA exclusive offer...was pleased with my pricing
  • Discounts come out today and suddenly I have other options...
  • I could book Yacht Club & Grand Flo for $49 cheaper than where I'm at now
  • I could book Yacht Club & Poly for $24 cheaper than where I'm at now
  • I could book Beach Club & Grand Flo for $21 more than where I'm at now
  • I could stand pat on BC/Poly
I have no idea what to do, LOL! We've previously stayed at BC/Poly/GF but Yacht Club would be a new resort. HOWEVER is it really that much different than BC? I mean, they're connected and use the same pool!! LOL!

I'm lost...any thoughts guys??
A lot of BC rooms have no balcony at all, or tiny balconies. Almost all the rooms at YC have regular/large balconies. As you know, BC is closer to Epcot & you get to be the first stop for bus & boat :cool2: Other than that, I feel they are mostly the same. Both have the awesome pool, nice beach, etc. I think you can't go wrong.

Sorry I've been completely absent. Got a side job...working as a TA under my aunt! She got a booking for 16 people to wdw yesterday. I've been completely consumed getting things booked and set-up. She's overwhelmed with cruises and doesn't know Disney as well really. She had hinted about me working with her before on the Disney trips she gets and I finally agreed :)
Congrats on the new side job!

I think we are going to do another July trip. I was so excited as the prospect of using URs. Now I'm not sure what to do.

I got a quote for magical rates and I wasn't too impressed. Renting DVC points would be cheaper. It's especially a shock when you are used to staying at Pop for <$1,000 a week and are considering the jump to a deluxe :crazy2:

The choice paralysis is so real! I feel you @SouthFayetteFan

Quick question as I'm thinking ahead to my personal SW app in Nov. It's been so long since I've applied for a personal card.

When I've applied for business cards, I always put gross revenue on the first line and then gross revenue + my W2 wages as total household income.

What do I put on the personal card? The former banker in me knows that cash available for debt service is most valuable to Chase. So it makes sense to do net biz income + W2 wages. But I don't want to be inconsistent. But then again our household income is def not $1M+ like our gross income would lead you to believe..

Quick question as I'm thinking ahead to my personal SW app in Nov. It's been so long since I've applied for a personal card.

When I've applied for business cards, I always put gross revenue on the first line and then gross revenue + my W2 wages as total household income.

What do I put on the personal card? The former banker in me knows that cash available for debt service is most valuable to Chase. So it makes sense to do net biz income + W2 wages. But I don't want to be inconsistent. But then again our household income is def not $1M+ like our gross income would lead you to believe..
If I had a legit business reporting through Sch. C or Sch. E I'd probably report the greater of my Household W2 Income OR my Household AGI on my 1040. IF you ever needed to prove the number then it would be very easy.

My dream job! TA in general but Disney TA would be awesome. That is always my answer to the question "What job would you want if money didn't matter?" But I am a scaredy cat to leave my stable job even though I hate it half the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter