• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally did the amex at&t offer. Paid Monday and the charged posted Tuesday. I haven't gotten an email or the 200 credit. The charge says at&t phone and and 800 number. Is there still a chance it'll work? It doesn't say business on it so I don't know if I should contact amex after a certain amount of days if it hasn't credited, suppose it's worth a shot just don't know if they do anything about it.

I know mine always take a full 48 hours on the offers. Sometimes I get an email, sometimes I don't. Keep us posted, I still haven't used my offer.

In my AMEX offers this AM I have the PF changs spend 50 get 10 back. Also a shutterfly offer. No rental car offers though.

In other good news, my GE app went through yesterday, I didn't get any notification:confused3, found out by logging on this AM, interview is scheduled for later today! My day off today so hope to be super productive!

I bought a Hotels.com GC from BJ's yesterday, the $100 for $84.99 sale plus 5% back on Discover. Thought I'd share my thoughts here in case it works for others...

Discover cashback can be redeemed for a Hotels.com GC, $90 cashback for a $100 GC. For buying one from BJ's, I'm paying $84.99 - $4.25 cashback = $80.74; plus I will redeem another $80.74 in my cashback to completely erase the charge. I figured it's like redeeming $84.99 in cashback for the $100 GC, which is less than the $90 I would normally redeem. I like to keep Hotels.com GCs on hand anyways.

Now if only Discover would bring back the Alamo GCs, those were great for short rentals because they were $40 GCs for $20 cashback.

This is helpful, thanks. I've been considering grabbing a Discover but I just don't know if I would get enough out of it to make it worthwhile. I do have the Amex BJs offer to join for $30. There is no club near me but being able to buy giftcards online is great. I'm really interested in stockpiling Hotels.Com cards going forward.

I know for all Chase business cards they don’t count against her card total....pretty sure they don’t for Amex either since they don’t count against yours....but let someone who has added an Employee to their card confirm
I did this on DH's Hilton Biz as I wanted a physical card to take on my last vacation to use. Didn't show up on my personal credit report.

Really? How does that work? is there a place on the Costco reservation for the number?
Yes! When you make your reservation on CostcoTravel, there is a spot for your Fast Break number. Then before you travel, go to Budget.com and take care of the rest there. Boom...head to the lot.
I'll never understand why people are willing to wait in a line they don't have to....TSA....car rentals....WDW!

I tried searching on this thread but the Dis search function keeps giving me an error message.

I just finished a chat with an Amex rep who said I have $9738.66 in qualified spend toward my $10K MSR on my Biz Plat (my first MR earning card). And today is, of course, my deadline.

By my calculations, I'm at $10,272 after subtracting out the AF and AMEX offer redemptions, as of 10/29. I feel confident in my number since I've run it at least 10 times. How delayed is Amex's system in reflecting qualified spend?

This is helpful, thanks. I've been considering grabbing a Discover but I just don't know if I would get enough out of it to make it worthwhile. I do have the Amex BJs offer to join for $30. There is no club near me but being able to buy giftcards online is great. I'm really interested in stockpiling Hotels.Com cards going forward.

If you just want to buy online for BJ's they have a $10 "online only" membership. They still have the open house for another couple days where you can buy for free, pretty sure that ends 11/4.

AMEX offers - Shutterfly; Harry and David; PF Changs, 5 Guys. All on my card and DH card. Only epic fail was I forgot DH now has 2 AMEX cards and while I debated and made sure I put on the card I wanted on my account, I just added to DH's Hilton instead of the SPG biz that I need to make MSR on :badpc::worried::crazy2:.

I am terrible about staying up late, always have been. Barnes and noble got a lot of my first job paycheck and baby sitting money growing up. Full disclosure... I bought it. Its a favorite author, and she has several trilogies and quartets set in the same universe (which I'm a sucker for glimpsing old characters like that). I own the majority of them already. But this trilogy, I never read the last book. The second is checked out but its been years so I dont remember much. I thought,maybe I'll read another of her quartets... nope, no ebook at all from the library on that one. I also realized I bought the third book in the trilogy a long time ago on accident... so I have no self control, basically.

3 years ago when getting a new phone, DH got talked into a tablet. It was at Costco and the deal was that it cost $150 but you got a $150 costco gift card with it. But it went on my plan because DHs phone was about to be moved to his works plan. Good thing it was only $5 a month to add to the plan, because it was barely used for about 9 months... basically until I put the kindle app on it :) I was taking it to work every day to read at lunch, but I dropped it and cracked the screen a few months ago and it's hard to work now. But I'm still paying the $5 because its grandfathered in, so if I cancel and add another later it will cost more. I've been looking for a good deal but no luck. I like having data access for $5 for when we travel.
My parents just gave me a Barnes and noble gift card for my birthday so I’m gonna have to go browse for a new book. I just started a new series last night though so I’ll probably wait until after I finish these. I’m not sure how many books are in the series. We got a free 90 days to use the kindle unlimited so I’m trying to use that up but there aren’t very many books on my list that qualify.

In my AMEX offers this AM I have the PF changs spend 50 get 10 back. Also a shutterfly offer. No rental car offers though.

In other good news, my GE app went through yesterday, I didn't get any notification:confused3, found out by logging on this AM, interview is scheduled for later today! My day off today so hope to be super productive!
That's awesome luck snagging a same day appointment, maybe you should try the lotto next :D

Did anyone else do the plastiq mastercard promo? The fee-free dollars were supposed to post today, but I'm not seeing any.

My Dh only has one to rent movies and games. He used to get comic books but now he won’t even read those anymore.
Sounds like my DH - he has one to rent CDs. I don't understand how people can not like reading!
Did anyone else do the plastiq mastercard promo? The fee-free dollars were supposed to post today, but I'm not seeing any.
Yes, I checked my account this morning and see them in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter