I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH search still isn't working. Help, what do you put for Business Type on a Chase SW BIZ app?? For a "business".
I see one choice just says "individual", and there are others, like retail - nonstore retail, which have subtypes.

The bonus points are added to your RR account about 2 months after the bonus period ends
Thanks! I was curious... if it truly takes the time they claim, then I'd use DHs account since I'm planning on him having CP for next year :)
This one is 12k/night. We booked each of our rooms for about 10k points via the UR portal. Starbucks is looking like a good idea for breakfast as we'll still have our car that morning. And I hate to say it but the 10k URs is still looking like the best deal so I won’t be expressing my displeasure any other way besides a comment card because I don’t want to pay more. Every dollar saved is another dollar I can give the Mouse instead right?
Exactly!

Do you have any pending charges that maybe haven't posted yet? I would try calling. I don't think those reps know what they're talking about most of the time. One tried to argue with me that I was $200 off yet and I told him what my number was and then he said "you're correct." My points posted.

No pending charges are on my account, they all posted as of 10/29/18. Another rep told me it can take 48-72 hours for the qualified spend calculations to update, and suggested that I make a purchase today for the remaining $261.34 to meet the spend amount. [Even though I'm pretty sure the transactions need to have posted by today's deadline.] Am I sure I reached over $10K MSR? Yes. Do I have the physical statement proof? Yes. Still, out of an abundance of caution, I spent $263.38 on my card today. Just in case. :sad2: That puts me $535 over my MSR.

UGH search still isn't working. Help, what do you put for Business Type on a Chase SW BIZ app?? For a "business".
I see one choice just says "individual", and there are others, like retail - nonstore retail, which have subtypes.

I sell on eBay...so I’ve put...retail books, hobbies, misc non store....then something like ...other miscellaneous store retail

I love my stand mixer. I actually got it from kohl's too. :) Did you check and see if sams or Costco were running specials on them? They go on sale there every so often. I think I'd wait til Black Friday info is all out, personally.
I believe they either are on sale now at Costco or will be soon. I have the Costco one (my second Costco one and third KA). I couldn't live without mine. I make bagel dough in it plus I enjoy baking. I will say the glass bowl is heavy and hard to keep clean. Mine broke after three years or so so I replaced it with the metal bowl (glass bowl cost $100, metal was about $40). I also wore the motor out on my last one--they don't make them like they used to. That said, my counter will be without one anytime soon:)

Does anyone know if you can earn RapidRewards through Southwest if you have a) never had a CC with them and b) NEVER flown Southwest ??

I apparently signed up for a RapidRewards in 2012 but i called the CC number and they said i have never had a Southwest CC. I do have a Disney CC that ears rewards but that is the only Chase card.

No pending charges are on my account, they all posted as of 10/29/18. Another rep told me it can take 48-72 hours for the qualified spend calculations to update, and suggested that I make a purchase today for the remaining $261.34 to meet the spend amount. [Even though I'm pretty sure the transactions need to have posted by today's deadline.] Am I sure I reached over $10K MSR? Yes. Do I have the physical statement proof? Yes. Still, out of an abundance of caution, I spent $263.38 on my card today. Just in case. :sad2: That puts me $535 over my MSR.

FWIW, I know my Amex charges may be pending for a couple days, but they "post" for the date I actually made the purchase. Still, I know that's frustrating.

Does anyone know if you can earn RapidRewards through Southwest if you have a) never had a CC with them and b) NEVER flown Southwest ??

I apparently signed up for a RapidRewards in 2012 but i called the CC number and they said i have never had a Southwest CC. I do have a Disney CC that ears rewards but that is the only Chase card.

if you signed up for a RR account in 2012...there most likely wouldn’t be any points in the account since you have to have activity in the account every 2 years to keep the points
If you shopped through the RR shopping portal you could earn points that way...

@mmmears I think you asked the other day about GC sites that code weirdly at 3x on CIP and I'm not sure there was an answer. I meant to do a search to find the past conversations because I'm not fluent on that card not having it myself so I tend to forget little details. Now that search is down just relying on memory now. In my post it linked to another outing Simon Mall and it's been posted that giftcards .com does as well. I think that's the big known ones, if there are others they might be more closely guarded secrets :) I feel pretty safe "outing" these two since there are front page threads on FT for each one (which is the only way I can remember it!) so I don't think anyone was intentionally staying mum to shut you out (we just talk too much and I'm absent minded sometimes :laughing:)

I've never had a card with them, but I do have a rapid rewards acct due to flying with them.

Yep, you can earn points through the shopping portal or car rentals/hotel stays or dining out or even taking surveys. There's a lot of stuff you can book through their portal without having flown them first. Sometimes they do bonuses just for signing up for something, so maybe you did that before? Unfortunately RR points expire so unless you kept earning periodically over the years the points you had before are gone.

I believe they either are on sale now at Costco or will be soon. I have the Costco one (my second Costco one and third KA). I couldn't live without mine. I make bagel dough in it plus I enjoy baking. I will say the glass bowl is heavy and hard to keep clean. Mine broke after three years or so so I replaced it with the metal bowl (glass bowl cost $100, metal was about $40). I also wore the motor out on my last one--they don't make them like they used to. That said, my counter will be without one anytime soon:)

Is there anything you did in the glass bowl you don't in the metal or is it ok for whipping egg whites and stuff? I'd been thinking about getting a glass bowl.

Is there anything you did in the glass bowl you don't in the metal or is it ok for whipping egg whites and stuff? I'd been thinking about getting a glass bowl.
The glass bowl looks prettier. The metal bowl is better for whipping cream. The glass bowl got very grimy around the plastic. But to me the metal bowl does everything the glass one did without breaking my wrist! (I'm a bit wimpy!)

ETA I do think maybe things mixed a bit better in the glass. I feel like I have to scrape a little more in the metal.

If you log into your SW RR account you should be able to see recent activity.
I earn points through surveys with erewards.

What's your business? If it's selling on the side you're probably looking for the Retail categories like "Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General, Nonstore Retail" then pick your Type of store, I picked "used merchandise stores" since I mostly sell old stuff.

Hubby's "business" is a service so we picked that and I think we kept going for "other svcs" within the type and subtype. Chase is oddly specific in this regard.

What's your business? If it's selling on the side you're probably looking for the Retail categories like "Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General, Nonstore Retail" then pick your Type of store, I picked "used merchandise stores" since I mostly sell old stuff.

Hubby's "business" is a service so we picked that and I think we kept going for "other svcs" within the type and subtype. Chase is oddly specific in this regard.
Thank you, used merchandise is what I selected. Now the wait begins...eek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter