I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting with the Chase offers that they are different for each of my cards, Hyatt has the fewest option and the only one with a % for Hyatt. But CFU has 10% at Starbucks and CSR has 5%. Interesting when combining the chase pay offer with the CFU though it has a max of $3 so not a lot of savings really.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. But I saw my offers once and signed up for some. Then when I go back on the app I don't see them anymore.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. But I saw my offers once and signed up for some. Then when I go back on the app I don't see them anymore.
Seems very quirky. Not a fan of it being app only. Even with my readers, some of the text is SO small.

Just saw Fantastic Beasts and it was pretty awesome and the book arrived yesterday. Now to see if we can really hold out on Universal when we are staying at Sapphire Falls next week.

Hahaha that’s funny- we saw it last night and were so disappointed, especially after having just gone to WWOHP.

Rules on emotional support animals on airlines might be changing by end of Q1 2019. *might* I’m not saying ESAs are good or bad (we’re all friends here :) ) I’m just throwing this out there in case anyone here plans to fly with an ESA next year, you might want to book sooner rather than later. https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/dot-could-soon-amend-rules-pertaining-to-service-animals.html (The Forbes editorial linked suggests new rules could come as early as end of Q1 2019.)

My Kohl’s purchase from Thurs was tracking on Fri with the amount. That put me at $1003 and 3k bonus for DH.
I hope it's quick.....just did 1k at Lowes thru SWA portal for those points.... so if I get an extra point spent, does that mean 4k for that purchase?(using lowes gc)

anyone done any Hh points bonus ,the kind that are offered thru email or on offers? I did one the other day and still waiting on the extra Hh points as a bonus (?) either I did it wrong or they're slow....

I'm doing this as well and just completed the spending. My account closes this week. Hope they're not too slow.

So, maybe I should be looking at resale sites with tickets behind the stage... not too shabby?
https://aviewfrommyseat.com/wallpaper/Joynes1-20161010151618.jpg

And less $$ overall

I wondered if it was in the round like that, was the only way it made sense. If that's the case and you can get better, cheaper seats and are ok with potentially seeing their backside for most of the show I'd go with those. Especially if it's a group that moves around a lot.

How long does it generally take for SWRR portal purchases to track? I have 4 store visits showing that don't have the corresponding purchase listed yet. One was back on the 11th. One just this morning, so not concerned yet about that, unless it should be instant.
From what I’ve seen they only post on Tuesdays...definitely not instant

Just saw Fantastic Beasts and it was pretty awesome and the book arrived yesterday. Now to see if we can really hold out on Universal when we are staying at Sapphire Falls next week.

Question for the HP/Universal fans: Is Harry Potter World at Universal strictly Harry, or are there elements of the spin-offs like Fantastic Beasts?

I have been resistant to the whole Fantastic Beasts thing but I think I'm getting curious enough to maybe venture into those books/movies, given that I keep hearing how good the current movie is.

For those of you who might use K cups in a Keuriq coffee maker, bed bath and beyond has the 48 count of most varieties on sale for 19.99. I was able to stock up yesterday and used 3 of the $5 coupons also, bringing my price to 31 cents a k cup. This is online and in store. I also used a credit card to get rewards. I think I'm going back to pick up a couple more boxes as my variety doesn't expire until May 2019. I also do drip coffee and French press. However when only me is drinking a cup, this is the best deal.
Thanks for positing this! Dh ordered coffee cups and I ordered not chocolate cups (since I don’t drink coffee). We reserved them to pick up in store because Dh found a 20% off coupon for in store purchases

I have this problem where I always look at Frontier sales fares. I could fly back from Nashville on Frontier at 8:30pm instead of 7pm with SW. For $78 total for 2 people, vs my 10k RRs plus CP. Wonder if that's on the UR portal... I checked before posting this and that answer is no. But still... $78... then my RRs could go towards this possible Christmas gift concert trip to MCO, since it doesn't look like DH would get his CP in time for that. His Biz card payment due date is 12/22, it doesn't tell me the statement end date yet. His personal card payment due date is 1/11, it doesn't tell me the statement end date yet either. This trip would be the weekend of Jan 11th-13th. I honestly would consider playing with the payment dates since no other travel is planned until June, officially. It just won't let me do that yet with either card.

ETA: I got ahead of myself... the fare I saw is Den to Nashville, when I need Nashville to Den :sad2:

Not sure if it will be the same for you but on my Chase personal cards the statement closing date is 3 days after the due date...on my business cards it’s 6 days after the due date

Yes, rewards are fixed...to a point...next year there will be low season/normal/high season (different wording perhaps but still 3 fixed values).

This is definitely different from Hilton-both good and bad I suppose.

For the cash rates you quote, no need to use points, I agree. If you don't have status, then through hotels.com or another aggregate makes sense. I'm platinum so like my status recognized in the hope it will earn me...something :)

Thanks. I actually do have status because of the Plat, but this is going to be a super quick stay (arrive, sleep, get up, leave) so I'm not sure how much I care about getting anything connected to whatever that status is (gold I think?).

I wondered if it was in the round like that, was the only way it made sense. If that's the case and you can get better, cheaper seats and are ok with potentially seeing their backside for most of the show I'd go with those. Especially if it's a group that moves around a lot.
I think that's what I'll do. I think DH will enjoy being closer more than a straight on view from the opposite end, or one of the side ones. It's Billy Joel... I'm reading he usually has a rotating platform for him and his piano, and the rest of his band moves around and faces all ways.

Question for the HP/Universal fans: Is Harry Potter World at Universal strictly Harry, or are there elements of the spin-offs like Fantastic Beasts?

I have been resistant to the whole Fantastic Beasts thing but I think I'm getting curious enough to maybe venture into those books/movies, given that I keep hearing how good the current movie is.
I think Harry Potter world is mostly focused on Harry. I’m not sure if they have added anything that goes with fantastic beasts but they are in the same world so they might not need to.

You should definitely watch the first one and see if you like it!

Not sure if it will be the same for you but on my Chase personal cards the statement closing date is 3 days after the due date...on my business cards it’s 6 days after the due date
That's about what our other Chase cards are, so that seems likely. I'll probably be checking each day to see if I can play with the payment date and be a rebel...

I agree that WWoHP is mainly Harry and that time period. As someone who grew up with Harry, I've really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts so far - we decided to go see the second one last night.

I think that's what I'll do. I think DH will enjoy being closer more than a straight on view from the opposite end, or one of the side ones. It's Billy Joel... I'm reading he usually has a rotating platform for him and his piano, and the rest of his band moves around and faces all ways.
We saw him at MSG he sits at the piano and it rotates..the seats showing behind him would be closer that that the seats from the opposite end

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter