I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did $5,000. That’s kinda accurate. Lol I resell things and make that in a year.
Congratulations, Mr. @SouthFayetteFan.
You've been approved for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®with an initial credit limit of $20,000.

:cheer2::jumping1::banana::disrocks:

FYI:For those interested I did $9k in biz revenue. This was the easiest biz app I've ever filled out...

@Lain and @calypso726 my shiny new AmEx Aspire arrived this morning! Good thing because we leave the country for 3.5 weeks on Wednesday.

Thanks to your advice, I am going to order $200.00 in AA gift cards! Then early in the new year I'll order another $200.00. This is of course after I set them up as my "select" airline!

I like how they have my Honors number on the front of the card!

Nothing different that I can think of. I’m currently holding two of the same card. I havent been instantly approved but a few days late I get approved.

It seems I have questions for you again! I tried to keep up but I don’t think anyone answered my question the other day when I posted.

Are yours both with EIN or how did you do it? Different EINs?

I wanted to apply for AA Biz in my DH name for our legit biz with EIN, but the terms say the business can only have the card once, or something like that, and we already have that card in my name with that biz EIN. Do you know where I can find more info about how to get around this, if they really enforce that, etc? It just seems so counterintuitive to everything else that we legitimately do with credit cards, it just doesn’t make sense! (Surely there are businesses with multiple owners who might each want a card in their own name so it seems odd they are so restrictive) Do you have any ideas??

Thank you!

They gave me an instant card number (since I applied on a dummy booking offer), lol!

I guess I could use this and get that American gift card rolling immediately - hahaha!!

It would be interesting to know if the card info actually works for a purchase that soon, as it obviously should. I did a legit booking the other night and applied for the pers AA in the process and was hoping to use the credit on the taxes for that booking...EXCEPT THAT I COULDN'T GET THE CARD INFO PROVIDED TO WORK!! Grrrr...

DH got an email from Paypal at the end of November, for if he activated the offer and then spent $100 in one transaction paying via paypal, he would get a $10 reward in his paypal account (auto applied to next purchase between recieveing award and Jan 16). I had it in the back of my mind, was thinking of getting a $100 Walmart gift card that I would use towards Disney GCs at Sam's at some point. Well... they have Uber GCs for 10% off right now. So I got a $100 Uber GC for $90 and a $10 Walmart eGC. Should get a $10 reward = $100 for $120 in value. There's no fine print about GCs not counting, so hopefully it all works out.

In other news, we are $240 away from SW Priority MSR, $ 1558 from SW Biz MSR, and after currently planned Plastiq/Verizon payments, $780 from CIP MSR. SW Priority will probably go away soon until Jan 1st now because I'm paranoid. Will give DH Biz card now, with his work trip tomorrow. Though he is going with his boss so it is likely he won't have much to expense, usually his boss will pay/expense everything when he goes along. Most likely I'll make a car payment via Plastiq with the biz on Jan 1st or 2nd towards my car, to finish MSR.

Just jonesing for a new card over here :hyper: I don't have a problem, you guys have a problem.

It seems I have questions for you again! I tried to keep up but I don’t think anyone answered my question the other day when I posted.

Are yours both with EIN or how did you do it? Different EINs?

I wanted to apply for AA Biz in my DH name for our legit biz with EIN, but the terms say the business can only have the card once, or something like that, and we already have that card in my name with that biz EIN. Do you know where I can find more info about how to get around this, if they really enforce that, etc? It just seems so counterintuitive to everything else that we legitimately do with credit cards, it just doesn’t make sense! (Surely there are businesses with multiple owners who might each want a card in their own name so it seems odd they are so restrictive) Do you have any ideas??

Thank you!

I got my first one with using my social and the second one the same way. I don’t have an EIN so I’m not sure if you and your DH can get it with the same EIN. I got around the rule of one card by using a targeted mailer code. I got one off reddit but that thread went away now and there was probably some funny business going on. You can try to make accounts for your business and see if you get targeted mailers sent to you. If you get those codes you could definitely use the EIN twice.

Why don’t you get your DH the card with his social and then get it with your social to start out and try and get some mailer codes.

It would be interesting to know if the card info actually works for a purchase that soon, as it obviously should. I did a legit booking the other night and applied for the pers AA in the process and was hoping to use the credit on the taxes for that booking...EXCEPT THAT I COULDN'T GET THE CARD INFO PROVIDED TO WORK!! Grrrr...
Perhaps I'll just wait for my card then...

To quote r/churning: Citi being citi? :confused3:rotfl2:

Speaking of Citi I have two personal AA mailers showing in informed delivery today. If they do not show up again I’m yelling at my post office. I’ll probably use one of them but I’ll give the other away on here if it ever shows up.

Anyone have any luck getting Amex to offer a deal when the purchase posts late? I had the dell deal loaded onto my card, and I paid with that card (I don't remember the deal though now) and the deal expired 11/30 and the purchase just posted now. I ordered black friday weekend. Can I message them and get it? I wouldn't have bought from dell if I didn't get this deal so I'm bummed.
I had the same thing happen with Dell.

Go Blue!

For any Rock Bottom fans who got the AMEX offer ($10 back on $30)

Spread Cheer With Craft Beer
Place your gift card order online by 11:59 PM on 12/18/18 and if you choose expedited shipping your gifts should be delivered in time! Or purchase a gift card in-store at any of our locations
Buy a $30 Gift Card, Receive a $10 Bonus Certificate in-store or online!
Order Online
*No promo code needed. Bonus Certificates will be mailed automatically with the gift card. Only valid with each $30 Rock Bottom gift card purchase. We can only guarantee the gift cards will ship by 12/19 we cannot guarantee when the reindeer (shipping partner) will deliver. Bonus Certificates are valid at participating locations only. Limit one bonus certificate can be redeemed per visit. Must use full bonus certificate value in single visit. Bonus certificates do not have any cash value. Other restrictions may apply. Bonus Certificates are valid from 1/1/19 through 3/31/19 only.

Approved for the CapOne Venture! Geez, I've never been so iffy on an app! Gonna throw myself a party. party:

It took 11 calendar days and 7 business days.

DH was auto-denied, so I've been thinking what's the difference between our apps. His e-mailed letter said too many recent inquiries.
- He was 1/24 (actually CapOne would only see 0/24 since the CSP was the day before) and 0 TU/2 Eq/5 Ex. I was 3/24 and 1 Tu/5 Eq/5 Ex.
- I'm an existing CapOne customer, he isn't. The CapOne Rewards card (1.5 cashback) was actually my everyday card until September when I started all this.
- I had no inquiries in the last 30 days, but he had 2.

So I'm wondering maybe they have some sort of criteria for recent inquiries within x number of days. Or maybe they're looking at all inquiries on the reports, but if existing customer, go to manual review, if not instant denial. I've had way too much time to mull about this, lol.

Anyways, glad I got the card, but going to think long and hard before I try another CapOne app. The 2x everything will be nice for non-category spend. Thinking after MSR, would I want 1.5x on the CIU with 1.5x travel = 2.25x but have to use the portal, or 2x as an eraser. :scratchin

Approved for the CapOne Venture! Geez, I've never been so iffy on an app! Gonna throw myself a party. party:

It took 11 calendar days and 7 business days.

DH was auto-denied, so I've been thinking what's the difference between our apps. His e-mailed letter said too many recent inquiries.
- He was 1/24 (actually CapOne would only see 0/24 since the CSP was the day before) and 0 TU/2 Eq/5 Ex. I was 3/24 and 1 Tu/5 Eq/5 Ex.
- I'm an existing CapOne customer, he isn't. The CapOne Rewards card (1.5 cashback) was actually my everyday card until September when I started all this.
- I had no inquiries in the last 30 days, but he had 2.

So I'm wondering maybe they have some sort of criteria for recent inquiries within x number of days. Or maybe they're looking at all inquiries on the reports, but if existing customer, go to manual review, if not instant denial. I've had way too much time to mull about this, lol.

Anyways, glad I got the card, but going to think long and hard before I try another CapOne app. The 2x everything will be nice for non-category spend. Thinking after MSR, would I want 1.5x on the CIU with 1.5x travel = 2.25x but have to use the portal, or 2x as an eraser. :scratchin
You can have people with the same stats denied from Cap1, it's ridiculous! Did you both use the pre-qualify tool to check first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter