• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need your help.... So, been going back and forth trying to get CIP#2 approved (with EIN). Applied on 12/1 went to 2 weeks then 7-10 days. Waited for letter. Needed verification. Faxed in Drivers License, SS Card and printout I got when I applied for EIN. So keep calling and it went back to 2 weeks and then back to 7-10 days. So, I called.

Lady said the fax came through dark on DL and SS Card but is Ok. She said they need to have a copy of the "EIN Confirmation Letter" that the IRS sends. The only thing I received is what I printed at the time. She told me to call the IRS and request a copy - but looking at the EIN form - it states "This notice is only issued one time and the IRS will not be able to generate a duplicate copy". Is there something I am missing here??

TBH, 14-20 months is a long time in a cat's life especially as they hit that 13-14-15 yr mark, things can really change. That said, all I know is that the only person you have any control over is yourself and how you respond to any given situation. Hope the plans fall into place as you want them to, but even if they don't, that you and your DH have a memorable time with your ILs and don't let the things you can't control darken that.
I know we can't predict the future in any way :)

Honestly, I'm just frustrated and venting right now because it's making it hard to plan, especially as we're trying to do things on either end of the cruise... so not knowing who or when they may come makes it hard to figure out those days, and then hotel, flights, etc all follow. If anyone chooses not to go, that will be their loss and we will have a great time with ILs no matter what! I am really excited about the trip lol

I got that same error the first time I tried to do the upgrade. I just went back into the email and tried again and it worked without any problems. Easiest 50k bonus!

I actually tried 3 times and got the same message. Hmmm. Guess I'll try from my phone and see what happens.

2019 Goals/Plans:
Get SW CP for DH - should get it in January
Family trip in June - still no official word (or cash :sad2:) from BILs on if they are joining*
Weekend trips throughout year -
Disney - DH wants to do Festival of the Arts, I want to do Flower and Garden, maybe something in August before our APs expire (9/2... so maybe Labor Day again)
Other - Maybe Tampa for Busch Gardens or Cleveland for Cedar Point, maybe ABQ for Hot Air Balloon festival, maybe New Orleans​
Work on some Bank Bonuses to help lessen OOP travel expenses
Start with MRs...

Late 2019/Early 2020: tentative Europe trip - hoping to iron out details soon, plan for two week-ish trip with the thought that either DH makes his big sales he has going now and can take more 'unofficial' time off (ie not using PTO... this has already been floated around with his boss and would be okay), or we have new jobs and tell them we already have this trip planned and can take unpaid time off if needed. I've been subconsciously hoarding my Marriott points for it - we should have ~450k after my 50k for one purchase upgrade offer points post (hopefully in the next day or two since my statement with the purchase just closed). But I figure I should get this in while I have Platinum status for probably the only time ever.

*one keeps using his cat as an excuse for everything... don't take this the wrong way, because I am an enormous animal lover. He has a diabetic cat. Him and his wife never go anywhere together because of the cat. The last two times they did was their wedding weekend last April, and their honeymoon last summer. Family who had volunteered to watch the cat (both times) STOPPED GIVING THE CAT HIS INSULIN SHOTS because he hid/bit them (though the jury is out on if he actually bit them)... that alone I cannot comprehend. You volunteered to watch the cat... knowing it needed shots... worst case scenario where you're having trouble giving them you need to contact the owner and see if you can take it somewhere, like say, to the vet clinic the cat normally goes to? Anyways, both times they spent 10x what it would have cost to board the cat because when they came back he was crashing from not getting his insulin and they ended up with big vet bills. With a two week honeymoon, they didn't know if the cat was going to make it after everything but luckily he pulled through. After the wedding weekend I told DH they needed to just board the cat over the honeymoon... but that's expensive. Less expensive than the vet bill they ended up with! Now for this trip he says no one will board him because he's diabetic... I have trouble believing that none the 20-odd boarding places within 5 miles of their house will board a diabetic cat. Or their vet clinic or another clinic nearby. Or even, have something set up with a clinic where the person watching the cat could just bring him by twice a day for his shots (I've worked in clinics that do this kind of thing). The biggest reason this all gets to me is he is now saying that maybe his wife wouldn't come because of the cat... which would save a bit on the trip like flights and activities, but the big things namely cruise and hotel are all double occupancy rates anyways. So I just worry that in 3 months or so he's gonna be like, oh we decided that it was too much for just one person to go (because we wouldn't spend an extra $250 to board our cat for the week) which will mean I end up here posting a whole line of :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Sorry, Microbiology major with a passion for animals. It means that on the short list of things I get really worked up over are vaccinations for pets and kids, and people taking proper care of their pets (which to me is food, love, care, and sucking it up to pay for things like boarding/vaccinations/health check ups). It drives me crazy when people say things like, oh it's too expensive to give that vaccine... ugh why do they charge an exam fee when they are just giving a shot... etc etc. Because your pet can't have the vaccine if they're already sick... they might get the disease you're trying to prevent! Pets can be costly and I get that sometimes people run into hard times and things, so it's more people that I know more about their situation that annoy me... "that would be an additional $50 to do" (every 3 years... that's less than $1.50 a month :headache:), my boss just did a $100k remodel on her home, but can't spend $100 more a year on dog food "that would be so much better for dog, but it's too expensive," or MIL not getting all vaccinations/letting the rabies vax lapse because it's hard/expensive to take the dogs in... and I'm thinking, you have wild animals that carry these diseases in your backyard at least once a week!!! BIL saying boarding the cat is soooo expensive, though it would easily fit in their budget, then complaining about the vet bill after? No sympathy.

Ok, I'm also big on preventative care for people and animals. So.... If any of you don't go to your yearly checkups for health/dental/vision stuff, go now!!! *steps off soap box* :rotfl:

You might suggest that BIL look at the website rover.com -- it's ostensibly for dog sitter services but I used it to find a back-up cat sitter. In our area, quite a few of the people who were signed up are vet students or former vet techs who probably would be able to do insulin shots.

Boarding a cat is generally a bad idea because most cats get stressed in new environments -- it's actually better for the cat to have someone come in to take care of him/her once or twice a day.

My 2019 plans/goals are pretty low-key:

Travel plans:

June - possible trip to Scotland for a friend's graduation from St. Andrews
July - Adult long weekend to celebrate birthdays - last year was a cruise, not sure what this year will be!

Nothing really besides that - we do frequent day trips to WDW, and also have APs for Busch Gardens. We're planning on Disneyland, skiing, and hopefully an anniversary trip of some kind in 2020. It makes me anxious to not be actively planning a trip of some sort!

CC Goals:

CIP for P2 in January
SW Biz/Personal in March
CSP for P2 in June
Upgrade my CSP to CSR to get 1.5x on URs

Got an email today from IHG to switch to paperless for a $10 statement credit. Jumping on that one. DH was just complaining last week about my paper statements and I told him I was waiting until I was given an incentive to switch to paperless :-)

I got a pop up on the Chase website to switch to paperless. I accepted and clicked for one account. I'm hoping later they will repeat it for each account. They offered me $5.

I got a pop up on the Chase website to switch to paperless. I accepted and clicked for one account. I'm hoping later they will repeat it for each account. They offered me $5.
I'm pretty sure I just selected it when I set up my CSR and Freedom, I wonder if I should put those to paper for awhile and see if they'll trigger something.

Amex just doesn't want to urge me to do anything.

I need your help.... So, been going back and forth trying to get CIP#2 approved (with EIN). Applied on 12/1 went to 2 weeks then 7-10 days. Waited for letter. Needed verification. Faxed in Drivers License, SS Card and printout I got when I applied for EIN. So keep calling and it went back to 2 weeks and then back to 7-10 days. So, I called.

Lady said the fax came through dark on DL and SS Card but is Ok. She said they need to have a copy of the "EIN Confirmation Letter" that the IRS sends. The only thing I received is what I printed at the time. She told me to call the IRS and request a copy - but looking at the EIN form - it states "This notice is only issued one time and the IRS will not be able to generate a duplicate copy". Is there something I am missing here??
Call the IRS. According to this https://bizfluent.com/how-5673217-obtain-letter-assigned-ein-number.html you can call and request a confirmation letter (they say it's a "replacement 147C letter"). Maybe the website literally meant this webpage will only be accessible right now.

I cash out occasionally. It gives me the option of a statement credit or to deposit into my Chase savings or checking. There is a delay of about 5 business days.

Thanks for the reply! Trying to hold off booking our 2 night Vero Beach rental thru David's until I get my CIP bonus, but was wondering if I could use that $600 toward my MSR.

Its per cardmember year, not calendar year. You'll be getting your annual fee posting in the next few weeks. So now that you've already used the credit, you can go ahead and product change to a no fee card (if you want).[/QUO

Well I got my TC credit used up last spring, and page says new credit after Dec 20, yet my charges that hit on the 15th-16th were erased,in fact they did it incrementally as they charged a nightly resort fee(which I didn't realize b/c I wasn't expecting the TC to trigger before the 20th) and I'm also befuddled b/c my one night stay had a mistaken $40 charge which was charged,then the TC credited,then reversed. So technically I've gotten a TC for $260 of hotel expenses from last week.....

I can’t belive I got a store card lol. It’s a business and I haven’t been getting hard pulls from Amex lately so it’s probably worth it right?

The only real issue is it's a credit card so it goes against Amex's limit of 5 right? If so, the only downside is the possible opportunity cost of missing out on a higher offer if you don't have a >1 year old card to close

The only real issue is it's a credit card so it goes against Amex's limit of 5 right? If so, the only downside is the possible opportunity cost of missing out on a higher offer if you don't have a >1 year old card to close

That’s true. I’m done now until Feb. but then I can potentially cancel two.

I never posted our 2019 travel plans :-)

March: with dh to Miami Beach for an work award trip :D We'll be staying at 1 Hotel South Beach. Anyone have suggestions for interesting things to do/see and good restaurants? @calypso726 and anyone else? We'll need to find 2 lunches and a dinner. One of our chosen activities is a Cuban food tour, yum!

and the rest of the year is open :laughing: No WDW trip until youngest's spring break 2020.

Should do:
--visit my aunties in Sacramento, maybe in the summer so we can go "up to the cabin"; hello SW CP
--see a good friend who is now in Halifax; drive up there with stops in Boston (dh has never been omg) and Acadia NP

Would like to:
--spend some time with dh off-grid, hiking in national parks (perhaps Zion/Bryce Canyon?). He really needs several days when clients and his assistant cannot reach him.

Maybe I'll be chosen in the Yosemite backcountry lottery :banana:

I know I asked this before, but I don't think I ever saw the answer (things fly on here). My SW biz payment is due 12/26, but it specifically says this on my account page...
Your next statement period ends on Jan 2, 2019.

Do you think I can assume safely that none of the charges I make now will hit my SW rewards account until 2019? I will only go up to about $2500 (including annual fee) to be safe for the bonus, but this should be ok?

You should be safe for the bonus now..but unless you need the points ASAP I’d wait until 1/1 to hit the MSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter